Row Re-numbering

Does anyone know if you are able to re-number the rows in Excel 2000? I
am refering to the numbers generated by excel on the extreme left of
the spreadsheet. Some how the numbering got out of sequence. Does
anyone know how the rows get out of sequence? When I attempt to delete
rows to test if the numbering changes, the rows renumber automatically.
Based on my test, I'm not sure how the rows numbers got out of sequence
in the first place.

Thanks.

JAM.xvzjm (1)

Have you hidden some rows?  Select the rows before, including and after
where the number sequence seems to have broken down, Right-click and select
"UnHide".

--
Michael Hopwood

"JAM" <JAM.xvzjm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if you are able to re-number the rows in Excel 2000? I
> am refering to the numbers generated by excel on the extreme left of
> the spreadsheet. Some how the numbering got out of sequence. Does
> anyone know how the rows get out of sequence? When I attempt to delete
> rows to test if the numbering changes, the rows renumber automatically.
> Based on my test, I'm not sure how the rows numbers got out of sequence
> in the first place.
>
> Thanks.

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to
creating financial statements

0
laughing (84)
12/4/2003 12:30:06 AM
Are the row numbers blue in color? If so, that means the data is filtered,
with values not meeting the criteria hidden. Look at the 1st row at the top
and see if there are blue arrowheads in the right side of the cell. If there
are, click on the blue arrowhead and select All.
--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"JAM" <JAM.xvzjm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if you are able to re-number the rows in Excel 2000? I
> am refering to the numbers generated by excel on the extreme left of
> the spreadsheet. Some how the numbering got out of sequence. Does
> anyone know how the rows get out of sequence? When I attempt to delete
> rows to test if the numbering changes, the rows renumber automatically.
> Based on my test, I'm not sure how the rows numbers got out of sequence
> in the first place.
>
> Thanks.

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to
creating financial statements

0
twodays (259)
12/4/2003 12:33:00 AM
Do you have Auto Filter activated? Are the numbers blue in colour?

"JAM" <JAM.xvzjm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if you are able to re-number the rows in Excel 2000? I
> am refering to the numbers generated by excel on the extreme left of
> the spreadsheet. Some how the numbering got out of sequence. Does
> anyone know how the rows get out of sequence? When I attempt to delete
> rows to test if the numbering changes, the rows renumber automatically.
> Based on my test, I'm not sure how the rows numbers got out of sequence
> in the first place.
>
> Thanks.

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to
creating financial statements

0
alan111 (581)

random number #2
how can i create a normally distributed random number and a random number that has a beta distribution i need these both to be integer outputs thanks for the help Use NORMDIST and BETADIST -- Gary's Student "agw8@kent.ac.uk" wrote: > how can i create a normally distributed random number > and a random number that has a beta distribution > i need these both to be integer outputs > thanks for the help I think you meand NORMINV and BETAINV. See my reply under the OP's repeat of this question. It is generally better to reply to your original thread with fol...

SMTP Server Port Number
Hi all, I have a machine running Outlook 2K and with no user intervention the SMTP Port Number will change within the Account Settings. When I change it back, it will revert within about a 2 day period. Any help is greatly appreciated. What does it change to? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Stephen Hartman asked: | Hi all, | | I have a machine running Outlook 2K and with no user intervention the | SMTP Port Nu...

Numbers V Text
I want to print out a document but I don't want it all printed out in numbers I want the text printed out. Here is what I don't want it say 223, I want to say =SUM(C7:C11)/15 I am sure it can be done via "Options" but I can't work out how. Jim Ducat Toggle the view to Formula View - Ctrl + ` (that's the same key as the tilde ~) MRO "James Ducat" <jd007f1618@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:x627b.16604$qK6.394@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > I want to print out a document but I don't want it all printed out in > numbers I wan...

Custom number format with colors
Hi, I would like to format my numbers this way: > 0 --> Green = 0 --> Black < 0 --> Red How can I do that? Thanks!! Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A) -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andre.labonte@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to format my numbers this way: > > > 0 --> Green > = ...

can't re-call or re-schedule outlook meeting, appointment
Why can't I re-call appointment or meeting, I sent out? I can't even re-schedule it, reschedule button is greyed out. What settings I need to look at to enable re-schedule option, if not what is the purpose of reschedule button in Outlook 2003? MC ...

Cant re-assign a task to yourself once allocated to someone else
Hi, we use a job funnel to group all the upcoming tasks together, then someone allocates them out. But they cant allocate any tasks to themself. The "Owner" keeps changing back to the origional name the task was assigned to. Creating a new task and assigning it to yourself works fine. Re-assigning a task to anyone else also works fine. Is this a bug or a permission issue? Rohan - was a bug introduced in Rollup1 and has been fixed, apparently, in Rollup 3 which was released last week. if you look at the KB for Ru3: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961768 you can search it for t...

SQL Table SOP40500 Sales Master Number Setup
Can some rows be deleted from Sql Table SOP40500 to improve performance? Thank You, Brian ...

Named as rlbook1, re-open? How?
....during library internet sesion this occurred. I don't understand your question. Please put the entire question in the body of the message. It's rather cryptic now. "rlscreen001" <rlscreen001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577EA294-53D3-4D94-A042-7CB9C58B7F64@microsoft.com... > ...during library internet sesion this occurred. ...

Conditional hiding / unhiding of rows ?
1.) I want to know whether there exists a possibility (other than with macros) to hide or unhide with the help of a condition, as in: if(C38="blab"; unhide(rows 38:52); keep them hidden) Is that possible or is the conditional formating just limited to nice colors of certain cells if they fulfill some kind of condition regarding another cell? 2.) I want to know how I could insert in my worksheets, left to column A, two columns 1 & 2 with a little "+" in order to display, when clicking on it, the hidden rows? Does anyone understand what I mean? I am not sure if I do...

Counting number of rows based on mutiple criteria
Does anyone know how to count the number of rows based on mutiple criteria on other columns? For example I want to count the number row that meet the criteria of "Yes" in Col 2 and "Yes" in Col 3. The result would be 2 in the example below. I tried different combinations of Vlookup, Countif and Sumif and could not come up with anything that worked. Col 1 Col2 Col3 A Yes No B Yes Yes C No No D No Yes E Yes Yes Your help is greatly appreciated! Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B10=&qu...

CSocket : testing (easy ... RE: AliR)
ok, I got this chatter prog work. One question about debugging and testing: If I run these progs (client/server) *both on my own pc* to test them, Is it exactly the same thing than if I tested them with another pc though *internet*? So, does the messages go through the internet and come back to my computer? So if client and server works on my computer is it guaranteed to work with other computers as well though the internet? Juha >Here is an example from microsoft on how to write socket programs > >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/htm...

newbie question re: learning curve
I am a complete newbie to Publisher. I am slightly familiar with Corel Draw and InDesign, but my new job only offers Publisher as a software. I am a quick learner, but I'd like to know a couple things: Can I import InDesign files? How similar to the other Microsft products is the interface? Can I make complex designs with Publisher (most will be simple). Thank you. Libbi -- Triple Double ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Triple Double's Profile: http://nettechguide.com/forums/member.php?u=599 View this thread: http://nettechguide.com/fo...

Doubts about number of licences to acquire
Hello, we are planning to acquire MSCRM and we have some doubts about licensing posibilities. We have a 20 persons call center department with 2 differents schedule, so never 20 persons is connected at the same time, also some The question is: Will we need to buy 20 user licences althought only 10 users are connected to server at the same time? or there is any possibility to use 10 licences for our call center department. Thanks! ...

Outlook total number of emails bottom of blue pane how?
I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's gone! E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emails on the bottom of the blue navigation pane. All the help boxes say right click on folder - properties and display number but that gives it after each folder name. I don't want that Its ok - View and status bar fixed it - thanks "cstanley" wrote: > I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's > gone! > E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emai...

BP Inventory Item number
The field length of the item number in business portal is shorter than what is in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Any sales inventory item that is entered into great plains and is longer than the field requirements of Business Portal, you will have problems with. This may be why the system does weird stuff, like not filling in or saving correctly. Make sure you change it in the purchase order, since it will come across as a non-sales inventory item. This is a problem with Requisition Manager. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wi...

Find Value; Return Row number
Goodmorning everybody! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following problem: "I wanted to make a macro which would find the first value (counting from a1) that matches the value stated in C14 of "FORM". When it gives a match I want to return the row number to "Sheet2". I tested it with dates of which I was certain it had to find a match (as I entered them myself in "Sheet1") Still it returns: "Named Argument not Found" (Runtime error 448)" I hope someon sees my mistake(s). Thanks in Advance!! Sub TestDelete() l = Sheet...

Extract numbers from cells
I have 2 columns of numbers in a sheet called "Fill up Records". I wish to copy the data in the 2nd to last cell before a blank in one column ( L) and the last number before a blank in the other column (C) and divide the first by the second and put the answer on a different sheet. The blank cells only occur after the first blank cell. What formula would I use in the second sheet to do this? Assume data in sheet: Fill up Records in col L is within rows 1 - 100 (say) in col C is within rows 1 - 200 (say) Then in the other sheet, Try this expression, array-entered (press CTRL+SHIF...

Re Installing Windows Defender
Hi! I am trying to re install Windows Defender But each time I try to I get a message saying "unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please remove same an run installer again" I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found How do I install Windows Defender ThanX Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) Read about it at MS. "Mike van der Merwe" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:2-a...

Unhide rows?
In Excel 2002, rows that were previously hidden will not "unhide." Rows that are hidden now will only unhide by using the undo command. Columns hide and unhide successfully, but rows do not. Protection is not on for either worksheet or workbook. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Nevermind. I forgot that I had a column with instructions to filter certain rows, the rows I couldn't unhide -- gee, what a coincidence. "Scot" <greatscotinla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9Ea4f.1079$fc7.1027@newsread3.news.pas.earthli...

Moving a row from one sheet to another wrongly leaves blank-row artifact.
Moving an entire row within a sheet in Excel XP is implemented correctly: Select the entire row, cut it, go to the target location, and Insert Copied Cells. The target row is inserted (pushing all rows below it down), and the source row is deleted (bringing all rows below it up, as it were). NOT so when the target is in another sheet in the same workbook. Excel inserts the target row correctly, but fails to delete the source row. The row still exists (only it's blanked out). You have to remeber to, tediously, return to the source and delete the blank row. Which means that if you intende...

first row
Hi group Im using excel as a telephone database (cannot get my head around access). Anyway with my first row which has name, contact number etc etc, I would like to always keep visible, so as when I scroll down the list of names I can always see this first row, is this possible? or do I have use access?? TIA -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://mail.spaminspector.com S...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

Is there a consensus? We're stuck with Quicken? What about Moneydance?
Anyone have thoughts on replacement software? Someone referred me to Mint, but I am loathe to keey all my financial data on someone else's server. Look what happened to Sidekick users last week - a server and backup failure lost everyone's data. How would you like that to happen to your financial records? Or worse, suppose it gets hacked by cyberthieves? Besides, Quicken bought Mint last month. Quicken would be OK without its overblown and overwrought UI. How well does Moneydance handle investment accounts? Anyone want to give an opinion? This could be your financial data...

Select non-consecutive rows
Hi, Is there a way to select non-consecutive rows besides Ctrl + click. If I want to insert a blank row above about 40 rows, this can become quite tedious. -- Thanks! Dee Hi only possible with VBA in this case -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:23B3F46E-C956-4FCC-9880-08B9A200B3A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to select non-consecutive rows besides Ctrl + click. If I > want to insert a blank row above about 40 rows, this can become quite tedious. > > > -- > Tha...

Delete rows with macro code
Hi, I would like to try and find a macro code that does the following: 1. Delete rows when cells in column C3:C2000 are less than (<) 50, and; 2. Delete rows when cells in column F3:F2000 are exactly equal to (=) "0" This 'exactly' is important as I have some blank cells in column F which are greater than 50 and I need them to remain within the sheet. If anyone can give me any assistance on this, I would be grateful. Many Thanks, Greg Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row For i = iLastRow ...