Row/column grid lines

Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column

Cheers Stuart.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Stuart,
You need to use a fill color. Format>cells>pattern, pick the color closest
to the background color.

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com

"Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row
or column.

> Cheers Stuart.

0
me5306 (285)
11/27/2003 12:11:55 PM
Stuart,

You can't remove the grid lines from a single row or column. Grid
lines are on or off for the entire worksheet.  You can, however,
format the cells with a white background, which will cover up the
grid lines.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a
single row or column.

> Cheers Stuart.

0
chip1612 (31)
11/27/2003 12:54:36 PM
You could merge the cells in the row or column.  (Yeah, it's probably not
something that you want to do!  But it does get rid of the grid lines (and
causes lots more bad stuff).)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

aligning small #s in wide columns
FYI - Just something I found interesting and hadn't seen discussed. I see lots of spreadsheets where users insert empty columns to help align small numbers under a wide column heading. To avoid that I used to do use a custom number format that used a "_W_W" placeholder at the end to push the numbers left in the column An alternative is to use a General or Number numeric format combined with right aligning the number - then indenting the number as any times as needed. Each indent moves the number farther to the left. I've thrown an extra 'RtAlign' style inco...

how do I justify columns and avoid huge gaps?
It would be a good idea to include something in the body of your message to describe the problem and not just a brief subject line. Also, without adequate information as to the problem it's difficult to provide a meaningful answer. However, most of the problems I've seen regarding columns has to due with ragged alignment which is caused by the fact that proportional spaces fonts vary in width compared to a fixed width font such as Courier and then trying to space over using the spacebar. To align columns properly tab stops must be used and not the spacebar. The table function...

Columns #9
Hi, Column A stored Lastname and firstname. I would like to separate it becomes two columns: One for firstname and one for lastname so that I don't have to retype all first name or last name in B and C columns. t Ex: A B C Beth.Hellmer Beth Hellmer Thanks Chi you can select the column then go to data & thereafter select text to columns, after this u have to just click the area from where u want to segreate into different field "Chi" wrote: >...

Multiple columns in stack graph
Hi, I have four pieces of data which I wish to stack in two columns, I can only manage to create a graph with one colum containing all four pieces of data. For example: North Rep1 - jan05 - feb05 - mar05 - etc Rep2 - jan05 - feb05 - mar05 - etc South Rep3 - jan05 - feb05 - mar05 - etc Rep4 - jan05 - feb05 - mar05 - etc By month, I would like to see two columns, one containing north and one containing south. (North is a stack of reps 1 & 2, south of reps 3 & 4). I hope this makes sense, and someone can help me. Thank you Amanda Set up your data such that there are three ro...

text to columns
Just tried it again ... and IT WORKS !!? I am totally speechless. THANKS ! Natha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not only do newsgroups improve communication skills, they also provide an alternate means of communication Too bad about your voice, hope you recover shortly <grin>. "judoist >" <<judoist.17ulb4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I am totally speechless. > THANKS ! ...

Set column width in centimeters
Hi, Is there any way to set the width of a column such that the column will = take a specified, fixed amount of space on the printout? All I can find is 'points' or 'characters'. What should I do to set the = width in centimeters or inches ? TIA, Jaap. This has to do with screen size vs screen resolution, workbook zoom, printer zoom, ... This said, see mr Erlandsens page http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcolumnmm -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Jaap" <no@thank.you.invalid> wrote in message news:c...

Adding Item Line Number to receipt
Dear All, Can I add Item Line Number in receipt. Thanx in Advance, Ibrahim Zubair Hi Zubair, Yes you can do so buy doing following steps: 1. Go to \Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplates 2. Make a backup of receipt.xml file and make write only property of receipt.xml file. 3. Add the a variable in Variable Declaraion Section <SET name="RowLineNo" type="vbdouble"> 0 </SET> 4. Go to Transaction Detail Section and add the following code under <BORDER>.... <COLUMNHEADER> ...

print first two rows (heading) and one row per page...
I am a teacher. I have created a spreadsheet. I would like to print a row so student can see just her grade. I would like to be able to print three rows on each "page". I would like student to be able to see the activity (row 1), the points for the activity (row 2) and her grade (row that belongs to that student). How do I do this? g, 1. Go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) | Rows to Repeat at Top (click inside box) and then select rows 1 and 2. 2. Select the data on a row and then print (using File | Print), making sure that "Selection" is check ma...

AutoFit rows
Hi all I've been noticing in a couple of workbooks lately that sometimes the AutoFit function does not work properly, and I end up with an extra line of blank space at the bottom of some of my rows. I can't figure out why this happens, and I can't work out how to stop it. Does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks Mary This seems to happen when you have the Wrap Text option enabled in Format>Cells>Alignment and the single line of text comes thisclose to the right of the column. What I usually do is just a little extra to the column width until the autofit gets the row to ...

Duplicate Rows #2
I have exported an Act 6.0 contact database into a .csv excel spreadsheet. It worked perfect! Each contact occupies a single row. However, some of the contacts are duplicates (existing before the export). Is there an easy way that I can remove duplicated rows in a spreadsheet? I know there must be, but how? Thanks "instauratio" <instauratio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2483416E-4698-4BBF-A554-89DFAFA3AAD6@microsoft.com... > I have exported an Act 6.0 contact database into a .csv excel spreadsheet. It > worked perfect! Each contact occupies a singl...

Sum of all numbers before a blank row
I have an excel file which i have sorted by column 'Ordered Item'. Next to this column is a 'Price' column. The 'Ordered Item' Column may have duplicates. What I need to do is put a subtotal beside each group of 'Ordered Items' (even if they are single items). How would I sum the Prices every time there is a change in the data in column 'Ordered Items'? Ordered Items Price 241 50 241 50 340 25 600 100 600 100 So if the sheet looks like this, how ...

How do I bind a minus sign to a number to remain on same line?
I want to bind a minus sign to a number so that the entire construct remains on the same line and not split between two lines (e.g., -21% on same line versus - on one line and 21% on next line). Thanks, Drew Baughman You use a Non-Breaking-Hyphen. Press Ctrl+Shft+Hyphen to create. Hope this helps DeanH "baugd" wrote: > I want to bind a minus sign to a number so that the entire construct remains > on the same line and not split between two lines (e.g., -21% on same line > versus - on one line and 21% on next line). > > Thanks, > Drew Baugh...

going to last row of data in a spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet which is connected to another spreadsheet, which I have called Historical and youv'e guessed it, it contains lots and lots of data. I have a macro which copies the daily data and transfers it to the historical data but I want to be able to see the last row of data and that is where my cusor is. I have asked mates and they have come up with various formulas but it doesn't want to work. Can anybody help me.:) I have a formula but I can't get it to work:( Sheets("Historical").Select lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row Range...

How do I get Excel to count identical rows in a list?
I have a large list of data and I need some way to get Excel to count the number of identical rows. The list is sorted so that identical rows are adjacent to each other. I need excel to put a number in another column stating how many exact replicates of that row are present in the worksheet. If possible I would also like excel to delete the replicates and leave only one row with a count of the number of replicates it has deleted. I am using Excel 2002 on Windows XP Professional. Hi how many columns are filled with data?. you may use a formula such as =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1$A$100=A1),--($...

Decrease size of a worksheet so it has fewer than 64,000 rows?
I do not need for the worksheet to be so big. How do I decrease the size, not just delete the data from the rows. sophy A worksheet has 65536 rows and 256 columns, no less and no more. You can hide the rows and columns you don't use, but they will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:14:01 -0700, sophy2 <sophy2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I do not need for the worksheet to be so big. How do I decrease the size, not >just delete the data from the rows. If you or someone accidentally entered information in the last row or so you could ...

Sorting columns.
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with about 300 tabs. Some have data in Column A only, some have data in Column A through Column IV. I want to have a Macro that will go through each tab and move everything into Column A on that tab. So, any data in Column B gets moved underneath the data in Column A. Then any data in Column C will be moved underneath the data from Column A and Column B, in Column A, etc. Then, I'd like the macro to delete any blank lines on each tab. (There will be lots of them). I've tried to do this but my way has created a macro that is now a over a thousa...

Incorrect command line parameters
I'm trying to install CRM Sales for Outlook on my machine, but when running the setup I get this popup message from Windows Installer: "Incorrect command line parameters.", and then nothing more except some info about Windows Installer and an OK-button... The machine (virtual, run on VMware) have OS Win2000pro, SP3, and I have installed MS Office 2000 SR1, SP3 and the Hotfix 228512 required, Also have updated to IE 6.0 Anybody with experience of this problem or hints on a solution? /Mattias ...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

How do I change my x-y scatter chart to show my column x values i.
I have fairly long columns of x and Y values. The x values range form 3039 to 3257 and the y values from 1.9 to 0.85. When I plot these on an x-y scatter charts the X values come out as 0 to 250 instead of with the 3000 value range. In another similar set of columns I get exactly what I want with the x axis rangeing from 3000 to 3300. I cannot figure out why one set works right but the other does not. What should I do to correct the first chart to the x range I need? Hi, Make sure that the incorrect chart is infact an xy-scatter and not a line chart. Right click the chart and check th...

Append multiple columns
I have a time consuming task and was trying to find a way to append multiple columns of data (with blank cells) under column "A". Currently the columns have data out to column "M", but this may increase or decrease. From: A B C etc. Thru Column "M" 1 Data1 2 Data 2 3 Data 3 Data X 4 Data 4 Data Z 5 Data 5 6 Data 6 Data Y Into: A B C etc. Thru Column "M" 1 Data1 2 Data 2 3 Data 3 4 D...

how to draw trend lines through only certain data points
hello all-- i need to make a scatterplot with trendlines that only go through some of my data. then i need a second trend line for the second part of my data. any ideas on how can i do this? thanks. -abe Split the data into two series, and add a trendline to each. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "akh2103" <akh2103@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181774454.769554.40390@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hello all-- > i need to make a scatterplot with trendl...

deleted 2 columns by mistake
I have deleted 2 columns of info and have saved - is there anything I can do ! argh! Only if you're on a company network or suchlike that backs it up, otherwise if you overwrite the file, that's it I'm afraid, Sorry, Alan. "Lang8er" <Lang8er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32D94955-47A5-4B96-8A1D-3F09235FD761@microsoft.com... >I have deleted 2 columns of info and have saved - is there anything I can >do > ! argh! scream & yell? afraid not! "Lang8er" <Lang8er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32D9...

Title Column
Hi all. simple question.... how would i go about making column A title column so when i move along, say to column z i can still see th titles in column A. :confused -- jhome ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jhomer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2397 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37596 Select column B Window>Freeze panes Does that help? Ron -- Ron Coderre ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ron Coderre's Profile: htt...

Frozen Pane Lines
I have frozen rows and columns but now have the usual black line intersecting the sheet which scores through the titles etc. Is there any way to hide these lines. Thanks Steve >>Is there any way to hide these lines. Unfortunately, no. I certainly wished for that in my early Excel days. Now I've just gotten used to it. -- Jim "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B92FE92-FC54-495E-A61D-C922E1F4E55A@microsoft.com... |I have frozen rows and columns but now have the usual black line intersecting | the sheet which scores through the ...

Median of column I if column A numbers match
I'm using the 2007 version of Excel. I have a worksheet with 13,000 lines of data. Column A is titled ITEM and column I is titled PRICE. I need to find the Median number of column I when the numbers in column A are the same. I have 2000 unique ITEM numbers. When the ITEM number in several rows match, I need a formula to find the Median value of the PRICE. So if A2, A3, A4 ... A20, and A21 all have the same ITEM number, then I need the formula to find the Median number of I2, I3, I4 ... I20, and I21. I've messed around with IF functions and can't seem to get...