Rounding Numbers #6

I do not want my numbers rounded up. I would like them to round down if they
are a decimal of .5 or higher.  Can this be done.  If so, how?

Thanks for you help
0
trimatt (1)

Hi,

Try the following formulae:

=FLOOR(A1,1)
=ROUNDDOWN(A1,0)
=INT(A1)
=TRUNC(A1,0)

Regards,
KL

"trimatt" <trimatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I do not want my numbers rounded up. I would like them to round down if
>they
> are a decimal of .5 or higher.  Can this be done.  If so, how?
>
> Thanks for you help

Use the ROUNDDOWN function, or INT function

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"trimatt" <trimatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I do not want my numbers rounded up. I would like them to round down if
they
> are a decimal of .5 or higher.  Can this be done.  If so, how?
>
> Thanks for you help

0
ng20050514 (63)

Averaging/Rounding Equation problem
I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me figure out the final piece to this excel equation. I posted about this before, so thankyou to those who helped me out... =) Here are the parameters for my equation: I have 2 types of information in two cells labeled as H101 and H102. In the cells there can be positive or negative numbers, 0 or they can read �N/A� which means I have no information for that cell. I am pulling information from both of these cells and putting them into a single cell. Here is what I need: 1) If both cells H101 and H102 have numbers that are the SAME I want...

How to convert BMP file to JPG in VC 6?
Dear all, I'm using VC 6.0. Is there any API or class can convert a bmp file to a jpg formated file in MFC or ATL? Thx. Marco There is no API for converting BMP to JPG. You have to code that feature, but there is a free libs for that. Check www.codeproject.com "Marco Hung" <marco@xmlhk.com> wrote in message news:#Yy6Ju8ZDHA.3248@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I'm using VC 6.0. Is there any API or class can convert a bmp file to a jpg > formated file in MFC or ATL? > > Thx. > Marco > > ...

Printing Page Numbers for Multiple Worksheets
I am trying to print an entire workbook and would like the page numbe to be specific to each worksheet set. For example, my workbook contains 7 sheets, each of which has a uniqu header that contains the command for Page X of X Pages. Each shee contains multiple pages. If I print the entire workbook, I can get the printout for each shee to begin with a 1 by manually setting the First Page setting to "1" i Page Setup. No problem there. However, my question is...Can I control the command for "X Pages"? Fo example, when I print the entire workbook, I'd like the first ...

Consecutive unique numbers
Hi I use publisher to print some labels at work. It would be really useful if I could print each label with a unique and possibly sequential number. Is this possible using MS publisher, or even MS Word? Thanks Andy. Hi Andy, Yes, you can do this using Microsoft Word or Publisher. What you need to do is create a database of numbers, such as using Excel, and then using the Mail Merge features in Microsoft Word/Publisher, you can merge those numbers to each label. Visit the training section of my site to learn more about merging onto labels/business cards using a database. Brian K...

sheet tabs as page number and in a cell page of pages?
i have looked a little but can't find what i think is the right thing. i have a workbook with 3-4 pages in it. in the upper righthand corner is a page of pages cells set up. i want to have it grab the current tab(page) for one cell and the rest of the tabs(pages) for the other cell. i am not very good at the coding VB thing so exact instructions would be grately appreciated. i have tried a few of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. i am using excel 2002. TIA ...

Conditional format to determine if last character in a cell is a number or a letter
I have a spreadsheet where I enter weights. The weights can be any whole number 1-99999. I would like to be able to flag suspicious weights using conditional formatting by putting a letter as the last character, such as 123a, or 57b, 4471c, etc.What conditional formatting formula can I use to accomplish this? Thanks, Tonso Assuming your weights are in column A, starting with A2, highlight the cells in that column with A2 as the active cell, and use this formula in the CF dialogue box: =3DAND(CODE(UPPER(RIGHT(A2)))>=3D65,CODE(UPPER(RIGHT(A2)))<=3D90) Then click on the Format button a...

Outlook 6 #3
I want to remove Outlook 6 - it's dithered out all my office attachments. Need this URGENTLY! Can anyone help? You can't remove it easily. But go to Tools, Options, SEcurity, and uncheck th box marked "block access to potentially harmful attachments" and you'll get all your attachments back. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "rvrbendgal@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005a01c3cef5$71e68...

excel number problems
why is it, that if i incert a number (say 0.8) into a cell in excel another number comes out instead of my original number(say 0.08) tools, options, edit (tab), remove check from fixed decimal places -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "excel man" <excel man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B3D4586-C5D9-41F0-8D9A-94F0E959CD0C@microsoft.com... > why is it, that if i incert ...

Outlook Express 6.0 hung up
I can't close Outlook Express or perform any other functions in the program. It says it's offline. When I close it via Task Manager, it takes my PC offline. I've tried rebooting, running Norton System Works, Norton virus scan, etc., etc. The weird thing is the other user on my PC has no problem with the program when she logs on separately. I hate to reinstall IE as we may lose all our messages and folders. Running XP home edition (w/o SP-2). Any potential remedies would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Colin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I...

Test for Whole Number
I am probably making this harder than it needs to be. What is a good way to test if a user enters a whole number as a data input. I cobbled together the following but is there a simplier way? Sub Test() Dim pInt As Integer Dim pStr As String Do pStr = InputBox("Enter a whole number") pInt = pStr Loop While pInt <> pStr MsgBox "Thank you" End Sub -- Greg Maxey See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org for an eclectic collection of Word Tips. Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb) I am sure there ar...

Results of formula vs real numbers
HI. How do you change a formula to read the value as a result of a formula and not necessarily as a real number? Example: In G6, i have the following formula that gives me the hour of a time in F6 =IF(F6>0,MOD(F6-"1:00",1),"") F6 contains 00:30:08, The result is 23 In another cell, I am using this formula, but it doesnt recognize the 23. =SUMPRODUCT(--(B6:B58331="james"),--(G6:G58331="23")) The 23 is actually the HOUR of time so it isn't a whole number or real number persay. It is a rounded time to the hour. Yes, but it isn't a text ...

adding numbers in an excell chart automatically
How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an easier way than how I am doing it. Worksheets are the things to use for adding numbers. That's not what a chart is designed to do. -- David Biddulph "sanicay" <sanicay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E94E1035-DC2C-4698-AC32-3439BDB2BDA6@microsoft.com... > How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of > Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an >...

round buttons in Excel?
Hey all -- I am setting up a complicated Excel workbook with an opening menu page featuring buttons leading to specific areas of interest. That part I have down cold -- my question is, do buttons have to be rectangular? To fit with departmental preferences I'd like to create a series of oval buttons. Any suggestions? > That part I have down cold Great -- in that case, just use stuff from the Drawing toolbar instead of a button (eg: an oval and a text box grouped). HTH, Andy ...

Delete an unused check number
Is there a way to delete an unused check number not entered into the system? We used a check for a manual payment, but ended up voiding the check as it was not needed. Since the check was never printed, this check number does not appear in the system so I can't void it. But the physical check itself is obviously not usable now. Thanks for any help. Melissa, The only thing I can think of is entering a manual payment for $0 to use up this check number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

"Spell out" numbers
Is there a way to have Excell 'spell out' a numeric entery in a cell, for example: '1,234' into 'one thousand two hundred thirty-four'? I am using a Chinese version, in the format menu it gives a "Basic number format code" [DBNum2] to spell out in Chinese. I need them in English. English version user can highlight a cell, go to Formats -- Cells -- Number -- Special and see if there is a setting for that. Select the setting, then click Custom in the Category menu on the left and the "code" will be shown on the right in the "type"...

Changing page numbers #2
Is there any way of making page numbering start at a different number? I created a 16 A5 page document, the first two and last two sheets were a cover page which I printed separately. When I printed pages 3-14 I was asked if I wanted the pages to be printed as a separate document and I replied YES. However the page numbering on this separate document started at page 3 - I would have preferred page 1. The obvious solution of deleting pages 1,2,15,16 did not work. When I deleted pages 1 and 2 the text moved on leaving blank pages. I realise now that the text of the document was a continuous s...

Error #6
When i try to update my accounts in Money 2007 i get this error code ofxhttp404 In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >When i try to update my accounts in Money 2007 i get this error code >ofxhttp404 > How long has this been going on? I think that message comes from the server, which would imply the communications are getting thru. 1. Consider saying who the broker is. If others get or don't get a problem with that broker, it is informative. 2. Particularly if others don't have the problem, consider disabling online access for the broker, and setting up again. Ke...

Connect a number to a picture bank and import that picture to exce
I have a colum with numbers for specific products (example 111,123456) and I want a picture in the colum to the right of it that matches the number. On the computer I have a folder with pictures named with the product numbers. So my question is: Is there a function to link the the number in for example cell A1 with the picture that has the same name as the value in A1 and put that picture in cell B1. Thanks to whom ever have an answer, it would help my life. Best Regards Dennis Hi Dennis Have a look at this site : http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html HTH John...

OWA / Windows XP SP2 / IE 6 SP2
We have come across an issue in our environment using OWA on a windows xp sp2 box. A script error occurs when, within OWA, you create a new message, click the "To" button, find a user from the GAL, and then after highlighting the user, click the "Properties" button on the bottom of the find screen. The script error is: "Object doesn't support this property or method". I also get this error using IE on Windows Server 2003 SP1. I do not get this error on Windows XP SP1, Windows XP SP2 with IE 7 beta. Has anyone come across this error, and found a soluti...

How to gernerate invoice numbers in EXCEL?
Have created an Invoice and am trying to generate a continous invoice number every time I type a new name. See this... http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4790979B-FE32-4FED-A7B5-DD15C1B634A7@microsoft.com... > Have created an Invoice and am trying to generate a continous invoice > number > every time I type a new name. hi that can get tricky. see this site. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html regards FSt1 &qu...

Convert text numbers to number format
I have received a file that has a date column. However, the column is reading as text. I need to change the column so that the date reads as a number format. Any ideas? -- montagu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ montagu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314927 Right click and reformat as you want then click on cell and press F2 an enter to refresh data that should do the tric -- scottymellot --------------------------------------...

How to check for numbers in ascending order?
Hi, I have a dataset coming back from an application screen where I have to check that the values in a set of fields are in ascending order. Is there an easy way to do this in SQL? I've written the following code using a WHILE loop (which works), but wondered if there was a better way of doing this i.e. using a CTE or similar? Here's the temp table that I've created to hold the values with an added row number: row_number row_id entry_value 1 101965 23000.00 2 101966 24000.00 3 101967 22000.00 ...

Maximum number of Rules for mails
Hi, We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated in the Rules Wizard. When he try to add a new rule, he get an error saying that the rule cannot be created and that Outlook might not handle more rules. Is it possible to know the maximum of rules allowed to be activated in Outlook XP (2002)? Thanks in advance for your help. Best Regards Martin If you use Exchange server, you are limited to 32k of server-side rules - this is not configurable. Simplify the rules or get rid of some. Martin Cote wrote: > Hi, > We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated &...

Finding current printer page number
I have hunted for this without success. I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in. More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in. (I take it some sows can split into more than one page.) I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet. I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel. Thanks -- Walter Briscoe In message <KBH7nVN7dSuJFwvS@freenetname.co.uk> of Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:17:15 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Walter Briscoe <wbriscoe@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes >I have hunted for this without success. >...

Changing format of number without changing the value
How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Select the cell & press Ctrl-1 Navigate to the Number tab Select Custom in the left hand panel In the Type edit box enter 0.00"%" Click on OK "sweetsue516" wrote: > How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? > Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Sue, Percentage-formatted cells are based on 1 for 100%. It's only when you key in the percentage that it's converted, for example you key 1.68%, and it...