361.99
345.69
463.08
515.29
403.44
330.68
347.64
375.36

I would like to create a formula that rounds the values to the nearest 0.05
eg. Round 476.14 to 476.15, 361.99 to 362.00, 375.36 to 375.35 etc…
Is there anyway that I can do this?

Thanks, Jane.

0
JaneC (4)

JaneC wrote:
> I have a list of values as below:
> 476.14
> 361.99
> 345.69
> 463.08
> 515.29
> 403.44
> 330.68
> 347.64
> 375.36
> I would like to create a formula that rounds the values
> to the nearest 0.05 eg. Round 476.14 to 476.15,
> 361.99 to 362.00, 375.36 to 375.35 etc...
MROUND(number, multiple)

For example, =MROUND(A1, 0.05)

0
joeu2004 (766)
2/3/2005 12:49:14 AM
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:27:01 -0800, "JaneC" <JaneC@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a list of values as below:
>
>476.14
>361.99
>345.69
>463.08
>515.29
>403.44
>330.68
>347.64
>375.36
>
>I would like to create a formula that rounds the values to the nearest 0.05
>eg. Round 476.14 to 476.15, 361.99 to 362.00, 375.36 to 375.35 etc�
>Is there anyway that I can do this?
>
>Thanks, Jane.

=ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05

where A1 is the cell reference containing your number.

Format the result as Number with 2 decimals (Format/Cells/Number Number
Decimals 2)

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

can this be done? #3
Can we create forms in excel that would populate the corrensponding fields in excel sheet? Also if we could create forms, can we make certain fields to be mandatory? Thanks a Lot in advance Hi, yes you can make a field mandatory 'check for a project number If Trim(Me.TxtProjectCode.Value) = "" Then Me.TxtProjectCode.SetFocus MsgBox "Please enter a project number" Exit Sub End If To your first question you have to tell where to put the information 'copy the data to the database .Cells(iRow, 4).Value = Me.TxtProjectname.Value where 4 is the column wh...

Too many cell formats #3
I am wondering if there is any way for me to find out how many cell formats I am using. I know the linit is 4000 and I hve a user that uses very close to that. Is there a report or a third party app that would let me check my sheets fo this information? Thanks and Happy Holidays. I'm having difficulty understanding why there would be so many cell formats? What purpose does this serve? "Adrian" wrote: > I am wondering if there is any way for me to find out how many cell formats > I am using. I know the linit is 4000 and I hve a user that uses very close > to th...

2 Questions #3
1st Question Recently we placed 3 machines running Windows XP with Outlook 2002. When you compose an email from these machines it always gives a message of "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?". How do I stop this? No other PC on the floor does this and we are using exchange 2000. 2nd Question In outlook 2002 when you use the open others folders option it saves your last query of a mailbox in the drop down. How do you remove from that drop down list email accounts that dont exist anymore I am having t...

Determining Duplicate numbers In A Column ?
Hello: Anyone have a link to a simple add-on that I can use to determine (easily) if any numbers in a column are duplicates ? Would like the duplicate numbers to be flagged as such; perhaps brought out to a separate listing, or... Thanks, Bob Chip Pearson has some formulas and methods to flag duplicates. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx See also at the bootom of the page about "preventing duplicates" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:05:31 -0500, "Robert11" <rgsros@notme.com> wrote: >Hello: > >Anyone have a link to a...

Converting a Publisher Newsletter to PDF and sending as an attachment
Hi there, I send out a small newsletter of about 10 x A4 to about 100 recipients each month. It works well as a Word doc attachment with few graphics. I want to raise my game and send it out with more, bigger graphics and have it in blocks like a web page to increase interest. I have tried a couple of different ways including sending it as an html page but it all turned to custard. Because of the wide variety of machines and browsers, it didn't work very well and about a third of the emails where bounced back to me by the providers. I suspect because of size or they were filte...

Identifing total hours as a whole number
I have set up a little spreadsheet using "start time" and "end time". The resulting difference is expressed in hours and minutes. I would like to use this figure to calculate pay. It is not doing that because of the formating. Is there a way? since one hour in Excel - 1/24 do as follows =total_time*24*hourly_rate format as currency or else you'll get a weird time value -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bob Morrison" <morrib@chartermi.net> wrote in message news:k5vni.12$b_7.11@newsfe12.lga... >I have set up a little spreadsheet using "...

Counting the number of times someone called in sick
How do I count the number of times a person has called in sick? 9/1/05 work 9/2/05 work 9/3/05 sick 9/4/05 sick 9/5/05 work 9/6/05 sick The above example shows the person called in sick 2 times for 3 days. How do I create a formula that reflects this? thanks Use the COUNTIF function. Something like =COUNTIF(B1:B100,"sick") -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "smskater" <Smskater@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1126825921.212344.21180@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How do I count th...

Reports #3
Is there any way to control how a report is exported to PDF when it's exported from the report viewer? It seems that when I run a report in CRM (v3 and Reporting Services 2000) and then export it to PDF, it puts the report on 3 pages. Is there a way to for it to scale to fit the page when I export? Thanks, James You can modify the report definition so that it behaves better when exported, but in general the Report -> PDF conversion process is internal to Reporting Services. Check out this Designing for PDF Output article on MSDN for more information: http://msdn2.microsoft.co...

Change CRM 3.0 Default Font
I use CRM at work and from home, and the font for messages is always Arial at home and Tahoma at work. Is there anywhere to change this? The only difference is that at home I use XP, at work Vista. Steve ...

CStatic #3
I've assigned an variable of rype CString to the CStatic control (text label). When I do this: m_strText = "aaaaa"; UpdateData(); CStatic text doesn't change. Why? I'ts UpdateData(FALSE); "Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote in message news:OmqSCKZPEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I've assigned an variable of rype CString to the CStatic control (text > label). When I do this: > > m_strText = "aaaaa"; > UpdateData(); > > CStatic text doesn't change. Why? > > Don't use UpdateData(). Remembering...

How do I change column headings fron numbers to letters in excell.
Hi Martin In Excel 2003 and older goto > Tools>Options>Select General Tab>and unselect R1C1 reference Style. HTH John "Martin C" <Martin C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6BD9C67-19F2-410D-BFCD-5D08516CBC0E@microsoft.com... > Hi John Thanks I run excell 2007 but with your ref to R1C1 reference Style I managed to put things right Many thanks Martin "John" wrote: > Hi Martin > In Excel 2003 and older goto > Tools>Options>Select General Tab>and unselect > R1C1 reference Style. > HTH > John > "...

Always rounding up
How do you always round up? I want to to store a value to the 4th decimal place but don't want to round down select round(.333888888,4) -- Want to return .3339 select round(.333811111,4) -- Want to return .3339 not .3338 Thanks Don (Don@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > How do you always round up? I want to to store a value to the 4th decimal > place but don't want to round down > > select round(.333888888,4) -- Want to return .3339 > select round(.333811111,4) -- Want to return .3339 not .3338 Maybe: select round(.333811111,4, 1) ...

On-Line Quotes #3
Did anybody find a cause or solution to not being able to update quotes in Money 5.0? MS have a bug opened are trying to find a solution. However as the product is so old we may not get a resolution. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "da50" <da50@dropzone.com> wrote in message news:122ab01c3f624$71c3d1a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Did anybody find a cause or solution to not being able to > update quotes in Money 5.0? ...

Receiving Messages #3
I checked the always hide this dialog box that comes up when I hit send and receive messages. Now how do I get it back? Jeff Jeff Thoele <jeftho@qpetty.com> wrote: > I checked the always hide this dialog box that comes up when I hit > send and receive messages. Now how do I get it back? Depends on your Outlook version. For OL 2003, click Tools>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings>Show Progress. -- Brian Tillman I'm using Outlook 200...

Installing CRM 3.0 11-14-06
I'm getting an error that states that "the minimum required version is SQL Server 2000 SP4 (8.0.2026). I have already installed the latest SP4 for SQL server, but i'm still getting the same message. Please let me know if there's anyone that can answer this problem. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Wrkwmn, You could comment out the SQL check by editing the install script. I would review the error log for CRM installer and also look back to your SP4 install logs to see if there are any installation issues that went unreported. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP On ...

Shared Calendars #3
A user with an Exchange 2003 account can not share a calendar on his client pc but can when he switches to a different pc and access his Exchange account there. What could be causing this and how would I fix it. The Outlook profile on that system may have been setup to use a personal folder instead of the Mailbox on Exchange or may be working offline and the options to share/permissions are not available in offline. -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "Todd W." <todd.wright@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120678882.027432.266980@f14g2000cwb.g...

sort CAS numbers
Hello I need to sort a column of 6000 items all CAS numbers. I have imported the column as text from Filemaker so I presume the first step would be converting text to numbers. The form of the CAs no is: #####-##-# (i.e the last two coumns separated by dash always contain 2digits and 1 digit respectively. The first column always vary. Example: 134-24-9 1455679-00-2 23-12-7 Any suggestion please? Thank you Hi You don't indicate which of the numbers you wish to sort to but assuming it may be the last group, this will work. Actually it'll work for either of the three groups. Y...

Sum of Numbers appear as zero- Please help
Please help! I have a spreadsheet that adds up sales projects for each of our territories into a total company. When I went back to verify the calculations, I realized that zeros were appearing in some of the calculations. It appears that the column format was set to text. I've tried to change it to general or number but nothing works unless I retype everything. Is there something else I can do? Example: Group 1: =sum(A1:A2)=0 [Should be 700] Product 1: 200 Product 2: 500 Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Tina Hi Tina - Put the number 1 in a blank cell (that is form...

Can't Get Line Number on Status Bar
In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to do this in Word 2007? Thanks. Yes. Right click in the status bar. Line number is one of the choices. Pam mcwein wrote: >In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the >screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to >do this in Word 2007? Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-docmanagement/201001/1 Yes it is...

CRM 3.0 doesn't send mail to customers
Hi All I've Installed CRM 3.0 on a domain, and a second Exchange Server 2003 to handle the users' mailboxes. The Exchange Router was installed, and the rules were deployed. I use the Web Client, and created a new customer (the DB is empty), and assigned an email address. But when I send a mail to that customer, the customer doesn't receipt the mail, but the customer's history shows as completed those mails. The second Exchange Server relays all mails to the first Exchange on the organisation. Any idea to put to work the mail? Thanks -- Luis Quiroz On Apr 16, 5...

Autonumber Customer Number
Is there a way to automate the Customer Number field so that duplication does not occur? -- Karin Rhoton Hi, There are serveral ways of populating the customer automatically. I would suggest you to look into pre-callout customization. In your pre- callout, you can look through your existing customer number and add one to the latest customer number. then proceed with the save. It required some coding but it's not too bad. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com On Nov 7, 8:56 am, Karin Rhoton <KarinRho...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to aut...

entering numbers with 0 in front of them
I am trying to make a chart where the numbers happened to be listed with 0s as the first number 0133, 0244 and so on but excel won't let me leave the zero in front it keeps removing it. Anyone know how to turn this function off. Thanks <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab, Click "Custom" and enter: 0000 into the "Type" box, <OK> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Sha" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

NDR when sending to large number of recipients
Whenever I send a message out with 500 or so recipients in the BCC field I have a 50/50 chance of getting a few NDRs that in total lists all the emailed recipients with the words "Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure." Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? Some person I mentioned this to thought it was because the server had too little ram or too small a page file. But the server has 1 gig of ram and 3 gigs of swap. What version of server? Can you post one of the NDR's? "Atavist" <atavist@attbi.com> wrote in ...

Moving numbers to two decimal places i think...
well heres my problem- im trying to copy a "total" price from exce into a vbe using a controlsource, the problem is in excel it display �593.01 but in vbe i get 593.009, how could i set it up to display pound sign and take it to the nearest two decimal places -- 4nd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 4ndy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26585 Hi 4ndy, Sub Tester() Dim MyVar As Double MyVar = Sheets("Sheet1&qu...

Converting a Number
Does anyone know of a rotuine to convert a number into its equivalent in English, e.g. 400,000 = Four Hundred Thousand. Thanks. -- Anthony Anthony, Have a look at... http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Anthony Ching" <AnthonyChing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7C96913-A24B-4179-8333-9833FBBAFEA6@microsoft.com... Does anyone know of a r...