Rounding formula won't copy to other cells in column - why?

I have a formula in cell G2 that reads:  =round(F2,0).  I'm using this to
round the value in cell F2 and remove decimal places.  The entire "F" column
has values I want to round, and I am unable to "fill" the formula so that I
can get the rounded values of each record in the range.  What should I be
looking for?
0
LindaO (4)

So what *does* happen when you copy the formula in G2 to other cells in
the column? Check to make sure Calculation is set to Automatic
(Tools/Options/Calculation).

In article <1933354D-C4AE-4051-87BD-29AF728A57DA@microsoft.com>,
 LindaO <LindaO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a formula in cell G2 that reads:  =round(F2,0).  I'm using this to
> round the value in cell F2 and remove decimal places.  The entire "F" column
> has values I want to round, and I am unable to "fill" the formula so that I
> can get the rounded values of each record in the range.  What should I be
> looking for?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/11/2005 9:14:43 PM
When I try to copy the formula down to other cells in the column, the answer
to the first cell shows in all other cells, even though the formula has
changed relative to the location of the copy (F2 becomes F3, etc.).  I don't
even get the option to "fill" the range if I use the right mouse on the cell
selector corner.  Seems strange...

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> So what *does* happen when you copy the formula in G2 to other cells in
> the column? Check to make sure Calculation is set to Automatic
> (Tools/Options/Calculation).
>

> In article <1933354D-C4AE-4051-87BD-29AF728A57DA@microsoft.com>,
>  LindaO <LindaO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a formula in cell G2 that reads:  =round(F2,0).  I'm using this to
> > round the value in cell F2 and remove decimal places.  The entire "F" column
> > has values I want to round, and I am unable to "fill" the formula so that I
> > can get the rounded values of each record in the range.  What should I be
> > looking for?

0
LindaO (4)
7/11/2005 9:29:03 PM
So did you check to see that Calculation was Automatic?

In article <24AC62C1-CE64-43EB-A42B-0E621538E1DA@microsoft.com>,
 LindaO <LindaO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I try to copy the formula down to other cells in the column, the answer
> to the first cell shows in all other cells, even though the formula has
> changed relative to the location of the copy (F2 becomes F3, etc.).  I don't
> even get the option to "fill" the range if I use the right mouse on the cell
> selector corner.  Seems strange...
>
> "JE McGimpsey" wrote:
>
> > So what *does* happen when you copy the formula in G2 to other cells in
> > the column? Check to make sure Calculation is set to Automatic
> > (Tools/Options/Calculation).
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/11/2005 9:38:54 PM
Wow!  Do I feel Stupid!  You are correct - the radio button for Automatic had
been deselected.  When I selected Automatic - just like a miracle - my
numbers appeared!  Thanks!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> So did you check to see that Calculation was Automatic?
>
> In article <24AC62C1-CE64-43EB-A42B-0E621538E1DA@microsoft.com>,
>  LindaO <LindaO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > When I try to copy the formula down to other cells in the column, the answer
> > to the first cell shows in all other cells, even though the formula has
> > changed relative to the location of the copy (F2 becomes F3, etc.).  I don't
> > even get the option to "fill" the range if I use the right mouse on the cell
> > selector corner.  Seems strange...
> >
> > "JE McGimpsey" wrote:
> >
> > > So what *does* happen when you copy the formula in G2 to other cells in
> > > the column? Check to make sure Calculation is set to Automatic
> > > (Tools/Options/Calculation).

0
LindaO (4)

When I am in one cell highlight another
Hello, When I am in one cell highlight another. Lets say that if my cursor is in A1 I want D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. Then if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. Thank you for your help, Jose Juan Diaz hi, Jose Juan ! > When I am in one cell highlight another > ... if my cursor is in A1... D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. > ... if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. 'put' a cursor on non-active-cell... [I don't think it's possible] :( to highlight 'D' wh...

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

Lowest entry in a column
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how to automatically use the last/lowest entry in a column? I don't want to sort the cells, or choose the Maximum or Minimum - I just need to use the bottom entry in a column automatically in a formula I'll create somewhere else on the spreadsheet. It thought it would be in the functions list somewhere, but it has eluded me! Thanks, Astley Suppose A is the column in question, use the following formula to refer to the last cell: =INDIRECT("A"&COUNT(A:A)) Mangesh "Astley" <ast@exemail.com.au> wrote in message ne...

Copying and Pasting Between Published Documents
Hi I have created a 132 Document in Publisher 2007 I needed to make a highly customised and intelligent Index so I created a second document and typed the index in that, having both documents open on extended Windows Pages I thought it would be easy to move the index from the second document into the first document containing the text It does not appear possbible to copy and paste table pages between the two publisher documents Is there any way I can accomplish this task without retyping the Index in the first document Roger Stenson Roger, 1. Create on your 132 page document a bla...

Process all cells in a (user) selection
I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined selection; Dim aCell As Range For Each aCell In Sheet4.Range("A4:A34") ' Do Stuff Here Next aCell which processes every cell in the A4:A34 Range How do I do the same thing for a selection drawn by the user before pressing my 'Process' button ? Thanks On 05 May 2010 11:10:21 GMT, Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: >I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined >selection; > >Dim aCell As Range >For Each aCell In S...

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Copy field data to multiple places

Formula Help (to many expresions)
Could one of you give me a hand with this... I'm trying to put a formula in a spreadsheet that has too many expressions in it. I understand there is a limit to the number of equations that can be in a formula but there must be a way around the cap. Or maybe another way to write the formula? What I am trying to say in the formula is that if... If X is less than 09 then B1 = what's in cell C2 If X is less than 25 then B1 = what's in cell C3 If X is less than 51 then B1 = what's in cell C4 The expression I have written looks like this... =IF(X<10,"N/A",IF(X<...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

stacked column with total
I created a stacked column chart with 2 series. I'd like to show the total value on top each bar. Right now, show value displays each value of independently. For example, I have a bar showing 3 and 2 stacked but I would like to show 5 (3+2) on the top bar. I've seen on someone graph before. I can't recreate it. Pls help. Thanks Mat Mat Check here http://andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "matelot" <matelot@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

think cell program
is anyone familiar with a program called think cell? Any thoughts? (powerpoint v 2003). Is this an add-in? thanks Sara It's very good. You can "try for free" from their website: http://www.think-cell.com/ Recent interview with one of the founders on Indezine: http://blog.indezine.com/2009/12/think-cell-conversation-with-markus.html -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/3...

Excel sheet truncated after copying to powerpoint slide
Hi, We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is changed. We can see only some part of the sheet. Let me know if anybody faced this problem.. Thanks in advance Shekar. Debra Dalgleish posted this link that you may want to review: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm Microsoft wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point > slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is > changed. We can s...

simple countif formula
Column B in my spreadsheet consists of 10 rows with one letter in each cell. I would like a formula to count cells B1,B3,B5,B7 and B9 only if the value in each of those cells is "H". I have tried a simple formula like this =countif(B1,B3,B5,B7,B9,"H") but it does not work. Thanks for your help with this formula. -- Brian Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(B1:B9),2)=1),--(B1:B9="H")) HTH Bob "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F4B5C54-D6DC-47E5-A198-5AD7FE281C5E@microsoft.com... > Column B in ...

outlook 2007 monthly calendar six column?
Just converted to Outlook 2007 from 2003, where I could print a monthly calendar with 6 columns: Mon Tue Wed Th Fri Sat/Sun. This freed up some width per column, b/c the weekend days were consolidated. Can't seem to do this with '07. The columns are too skinny (even on landscape) and I can't read appts. Advice? Thx Try the calendar printing assistant or word template- see http://slipstick.me/calprint for links. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

OR formula, ?????
I have Worksheet A containing a list of data: Red, Yellow, Orange, Purple which is defined in NAME MANAGER as COLOR Worksheet B on CELL A1, is user input data A2 has the following formula =OR(A1=COLOR) User input : Red = FALSE Yellow = FALSE Orange = True Purple = FALSE The OR formula should produce TRUE value on the cell for all input that is true. However, it is not the case. Where is the formula wrong? Try this instead: =3DISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,COLOR,0)) Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 24, 12:19=A0am, a...

Combo Columns
I've created a combo box on a form in Access using 2 columns. The first column is hidden so the second column is the only one displayed in the combo box. When I then use that combo as the source in a separate text box the answered returned is the first column. Any idea how I get the second column information instead? -- Cheers. Paul ...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

Newbie Cell Reference Question...
Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I'm no quite sure what to search for as I'm not very good with excel. I'm making a spreadsheet where one sheet references another. I'll tr to explain this as best as possible.... I'm creating a spreadsheet for a fantasy basketball league. I have "Data" sheet that contains data for all players. I have another sheet "Teams" that has all the players on each team. Column B contains th players name, and column C contains a number that corresponds to th row this player is on in the dat...

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

Compressed Outlined Data Copy
I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all the rows when they are expanded. When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within the group, and not just the compressed data. For example: I need just the following (which is compressed): Ship $ Line $5,278.00 CYP Total $133,122.00 TI Total $34,660,135.00 Vic Total $34,798,535.00 Grand Total when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the compression), it pastes 16 lines: Ship $ Line $123.00 CYP $44.00 CYP $4,444.00 CYP $667.00 CYP $5,278.00 CYP Total $123,124.00 TI $...

Filtering a column to exclude any repeated entries.
Hi, I am working on a column that has the same entries 2 or more times. Is there a way (copy-paste or other) to get only unique entries from this column (that is to exclude repeated entries)? Any help apprieciated, Thank you. If you go to Data/Filters/Advanced Filters there is a box at the bottom left that you can tick to return unique entries only. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I am working on a column that has the same entries 2 or more times. Is there >a way (copy-paste or other) to get only unique entries from this >column (that is to exclude repeated...

Formula #27
How do I enter a formula to calculate a 7% sales tax? If A1 holds the pre-tax price then =A1*7% will compute the sales tax while =A1*1.7 will compute the price_with_tax-included. Now all this is mathematically correct but we work in dollars and cents (or pound and pennies etc.), so we need to do some rounding to the nearest cent sales tax: =ROUND(A1*7%,2) price-with-tax =ROUND(A1*1.07,2) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "MissM07" <MissM07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:344FF6D4-...

Advanced Formula troubles
I need to do the following calculation: ((1-((1-AE5)*10))*V14) but only when: ((1-((1-AE5)*10))*V14)>=0 or <=V14*1.5 If greater than or = to V14*1.5 then =V14*1.5 And if less than or = 0 then =0 Replace CALC with your calculation =IF(AND(CALC>=0,CALC<=v14*1.5),CALC,IF(CALC<0,0,CALC)) Your last statement is confusing. "And if less than or = 0 then =0"...equal to zero is mentioned in the 1st condition..So this should be 'less than' . -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Eves" wrote: > I need to do the following calculati...