Reverse the order of values

Office XP.
I am trying to reverse the values in a column of cells
from positive to negative & neg to pos. Excel HELP tells
me to go to the FORMAT menu & click Selected Axis then
click the Scale tab. These options are not listed on the
FORMAT menu. I tried going to the TOOLS menu & selecting
CUSTOMIZE but I can't find where to add Selected Axis &
Scale. Am I in the right place?

0
bkingros (2)

Put  -1 in an empty cell, copy it, then select the entire set of data and do Edit / paste Special
/ Multiply.

Negs will turn pos and pos will turn neg, zero unaffected.

--
Regards
                   Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL2K & XLXP

  Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"Becky Kingman-Gros" <bkingros@snip.net> wrote in message
> Office XP.
> I am trying to reverse the values in a column of cells
> from positive to negative & neg to pos. Excel HELP tells
> me to go to the FORMAT menu & click Selected Axis then
> click the Scale tab. These options are not listed on the
> FORMAT menu. I tried going to the TOOLS menu & selecting
> CUSTOMIZE but I can't find where to add Selected Axis &
> Scale. Am I in the right place?

0
ken.wright (2489)
8/6/2003 9:05:33 PM
Ken,

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Becky

Excel

-------------------
>  Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference
-------------------

>"Becky Kingman-Gros" <bkingros@snip.net> wrote in message
>> Office XP.
>> I am trying to reverse the values in a column of cells
>> from positive to negative & neg to pos. Excel HELP
tells
>> me to go to the FORMAT menu & click Selected Axis then
>> click the Scale tab. These options are not listed on
the
>> FORMAT menu. I tried going to the TOOLS menu &
selecting
>> CUSTOMIZE but I can't find where to add Selected Axis &
>> Scale. Am I in the right place?
>>

>.

0
bkingros (2)

#VALUE error
I am using Excel from Office 2007. I transfered a spreadsheet program from a Works spreadsheet, which I had adapted from one supplied with the program. It calculates your mortgage payments. I adapted it to calculate ROI from several variables on prespective rental properties. In Excel I get a #VALUE error when a cell conditionally references another cell that references another cell. I have attached several of the cell functions. =IF(AND(F5,F6,F7),PMT((F6/12)/100,F11,-F5),"") =IF(AND(G8,G9,G10),PMT((G9/12)/100,G13,-G8),"") =IF(G24,G24/G5,"") The online ...

Averaging Negative Values
I have data which has both positive and negative values which represent distances form a point. The fact they are negative shows the direction of the distance but I want to average them without taking into account some of the numbers are negative e.g. 0.010 -0.005 0.006 Answer should be 0.007 for the average. How do I get excel to ignore the fact some are negative but not ignore the number itself? -- Regards Andy Andy Roberts Win XP, Office 2007 You could put: =3DABS(A1) in a helper column, copy down, and then take the average of that column. If you want to avoid using a...

How do I reverse this code??
This code loses focus of textbox when user types and presse commandbutton1 Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Me.TextBox1.Enabled = CBool(Me.TextBox1.Value = "") End Sub Using Commandbutton2.... how do I reverse this code??? Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() ?????????????????????????????? End Sub -Larry- VBA Amateu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Me.TextBox1.Enabled = True never mind... GOT IT! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Clearing values automaticaly when different function selected
OK, I have a spreadsheet-packing list thats gets populated from 3 differrent list's depending on what kind of slip I'm preparing via a drop down menu. Is there a way clear the exsisting information on the sheet when I make a selection in the dropdown menu to select another slip. Cureently, I have to manually delete everything. Thanks in advance. -- JARoman -- JARoman I'll bet if you re-read this post you will see how little information you have provided. What type of dropdown menu? How do the cells in question become populated? From which dropdown do ...

Total Textbox Values on a form
I have 3 textboxes on my form (with counts from my database) I have a 4th (unbound) textbox to show the total of the values of the 3 textboxes. I tried, as the controlSource for tbx4: =tbx1 + tbx2 + tbx3 =tbx1.value + tbx2.value + tbx3.value =sum(tbx1.value + tbx2.value + tbx3.value) Each gives an error. On a form, how do I total the values from three textboxes in a 4th textbox? TIA We aren't there. We can't see your PC. We have no idea what error you received. If you'll post the error message, maybe that will help in diagnosing what's happening. Ev...

Inserting form values into a table

Market Value = Cost Basis in optionsXpress
When I do Update Online Information on the weekend (and some other times when markets are closed), my optionsXpress account shows that the Market Value is erroneously equal to the Cost Basis and the Gain is equal to the commission paid. As far as I know this only happens with optionsXpress. If I do the update again on Monday during the day, Market Values will again be correct. When I look at the Price History, some of the entries are marked "Update" and some are "Online." Today's price is marked Update but I did not manually update the price. It is equal to my cost...

inventory transfer order extended cost
i would like to find a way to print an "inventory transfer order" report that has the extended cost (per item and/or total) included / calculated. i can SEE the extended cost of the transfer in the soft copy, but it won't print / calculate it on the hard copy. could the reason be that the quantities in the "issued" column is zero? (the quantities on the "ordered" and "to date" column are correct) if that is the problem, how do you get the "issued" column to reflect the quantities? can this only be done from the "transfer to"...

CString value
I want to know how to assign the CString value into VARIANT type. How to convert? VARIANT vt; CString st; vcteam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d501c3c0cc$7e644df0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I want to know how to assign the CString value into > VARIANT type. > How to convert? > > VARIANT vt; > CString st; > CString st; .... VARIANT vt; vt.vt=VT_BSTR; vt.bstrVal=st.AllocSysString(); Thanks a lot. >-----Original Message----- >vcteam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:05d501c3c0cc$7e644df0$a001...

Changing Values from a form based on a union query
I have created four separate input forms for sales reps to enter information for an admin person. I want to keep the forms (and the tables associated with them separate). Each of these individual forms is based on a query such as LetterRequestJoeQuery which is then based on the table LetterRequestJoe. I then created a union query that combines all four individual queries and then a form based on this union query. The idea was to give an admin person a view of all entries and to be able to edit them. But I have discovered that you cannot change the information on a form based on a uni...

SOP: Transfer Order to Invoice (Doc #)
In Sales Order Processing, I want to convert (or transfer) an order to an invoice. Great Plains automatically fills up the Document No. field based on the set-up (next Invoice Number). Is there a way for me to override the numbering? Anna Override it how? During the transfer process there isn't a spot that asks for a document number so that you may change it to whatever and I think it would be somewhat ugly (but possible) to do so. However I've done a couple of customizations to this process that sets the document number used for the new document to either be: 1. The same: f...

how to update member value correct
Hello! I'm reading a book called programming Visual C++. The book says "Finally, you need to update the trackbar's m_nTrackbar1 data member when the user clicks OK. Your natural instinct would be to put this code in the OnOk button handler. You would have a problem, however, if a data exchange validation error occurred involving any other control in the dialog. Your handler would set m_nTrackbar1 even though the user might choose to cancel the dialog. To avoid this problem, add your code in the DoDataExchange function as shown below." if (pDX->m_bSaveAndValidate...

Change "Full Name" order for all contacts
Is there a way to change the "Full Name" order for all existing contacts? Thanks, Shannon Not a good one. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011477571033.aspx for an article by Outlook MVP Eric Legault on various ways to share Outlook data. You'll also find a list of third-party sharing tools and other information at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB77CA1-F44D-4F8C-98C9-0CACF8080BE1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change t...

Updating Listbox Values
I have a form whereby the values are linked to an SQL database. Right now I want to add a listbox featuring the change history of an SAF issue. The outer part of the form uses the SAF table, while the inner one I am using uses the table called IssueAudit. After getting the query, I have the values shown in the listbox. I only wanted the change history thing to look for records that has a change in CATEGORY. That was done. However, I am stuck with the final part: I want my values in the listbox to correspond to the SAF_NO value stored in the SAF table (we also have one as the FK for th...

insert an image based on a cell value
i am trying to create a model of genetics within a spreadsheet where the male and female genetic contribution to their offspring is displayed in a cell either as A or a and using " &" to conbine in the offspring cell , chromosmes are displayed as AA,Aa or aa is it possible ....ifor this resultant cell content to then control an image to be viewed to show the shape of the offspring with that resultant genetic code.....eg IF cell content =AA 2 antennae / Aa 1 antenna / and aa 0 antenna i have a very basic drawing created but i would like to import better , spe...

How do I create a graph that showes comulative values?
I have a spreadsheet of elecrtical cables pulled on a project. The dates of the pulls are also listed. My question is how do I take this information and show, or create, a graph that just goes up (additive values) and not one that goes up and down? Use formulas in the next column which compute the cumulative total, then plot these computed values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ curtis182 wrote: > I have a spreadsheet of elecrtical cables pulled on a project. The dates of > the pulls are also listed. My question is how do I...

Datagrid : Redirect and set session values
Hi All I have a problem and I hope someone can please help me. I have an HRef in a cell in a Datagrid (HRef built in OnItemDataBound Event) on page 1 (retrieved from a database table). I want the user to be able to navigate to another page (page 2) where I wish to retrieve and display in a Datagrid data from a table based upon the contents of Cell0 and Cell1 from page 1. How do I pass these values as the Datagrid SelectedIndexChanged event will not fire to set something like a Session variable. Any help or advice offered will be most gratefully received. Iain -----------...

how to copy on double-click the cell value to Clipboard
Hello everybody, My question is in the title... I just want to be able to automatically copy the text content of one selected cell (selected by double-click) into the Clipboard. Can you help me? I tried something like the following, but it doesn't work. Thanks in advance Cyril Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next If ActiveCell.Value <> "" Then ActiveCell.Value.Copy End If Cancel = True End Sub Hi Cyrille, Just double click, then click ctrl and c. To paste the data, click ctrl and ...

Summing values in database according to multiple criteria
Dear All I have a spreadsheet; A B D E Dept Account Staff Amount 1 AA 1002 Peter 10 2 BB 1002 John 20 3 AA 1002 Peter 30 4 CC 1002 Paul 40 I want to sum the content column E by Dept (A), Account Number (B), and Staff (D). How can I do this by formula? As opposed to pivot tables. Many thanks Peter Take a look at the SUMPRODUCT function. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07BDA04E-6B9D-476C-AA59-4AB...

transposing values top to bottom
I know how to use the paste special transpose to move values, but need help on this. let's say I have these values in column A, starting at A1. Alpha Beta Gamma Delta I want to re-arrange these values such that they go from Delta to Alpha in a column, Delta Gamma Beta Alpha Paste Special Transpose won't do this. Any ideas? Ted You could use a "helper" column where you number the adjacent cells 1 to 4. Then, simply select both columns, and sort on the helper, descending. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence wit...

Naming a worksheet after a cell valu
I have a several worsheets in a workbook. I would like to be able t run a macro that would rename many of the sheets based on the values i a range of cells. If the values change then I would like to be able t change the worksheet names with a manual macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated Jerr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can run a simple macro like this: Sub ChangeName() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim i As Integer i = 1 For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets With ws If .Name <> "Sheet1" Then .Name = Sheets("Sheet1&...

Can i use If to check if a cell is equal to any value in a particular range
Hi Lets say i have a cell having a nameof a animal. Now i want to check if that cell's value is equal to a range of cell having more than 20 animal names. Column a column b column c Cat dog True Pig elephant False cat tiger In the above example which i have simplified there is a range of only four animals. now in a2 we have a cell have content "PIG" which is not there in the range. So c2 returns false. Hope i have made myself clear. Thanks in adavnce Manan -- manan ------------------------------------------------------------------...

Is there a formula to place a value into another cell?
Is there a formula to place a value into another cell? For example, can I have a formula in cell 'A2' that places the value "AAA" into cell 'A1'? Thanks! No, a cell can only "pull" information. You would need a macro to do what you want. chillynois@yahoo.com wrote: > Is there a formula to place a value into another cell? > > For example, can I have a formula in cell 'A2' that places the value > "AAA" into cell 'A1'? > > Thanks! > chillynois, Technically, you could come up with a UDF (user defined fu...

AP Inquiry
When opening the Purchase Order Docs window under "Inquirey" it should default to "Open" vs. no boxes being selected at all. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en...