Retreive a deleted file

How can I retreive a delted file

Hi Janet

If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check
that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check
out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was
on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and
check whether they can recover.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Janet" wrote:

> How can I retreive a delted file
Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there;
http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I retreive a delted file

0
ozgrid

Outlook crashes when deleting messages
Outlook 2003 restarts itself when I delete any read messages , can someone give me a clue as to why this happens , am using winxp Try some of the steps listed here, it could be one of your emails is corrupted: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/deletemessage.htm -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Leonard Rowe" wrote: > Outlook 2003 restarts itself when I delete any read messages , can someone > give me a clue as to why this happens , am using winxp >...

delete single occurances in a string
i have headers in a5:g5 I have data in columns A6:G5000. based on the series of numbers in column b, i want to delete all single occurances of the number found. In other words, if it is not listed/found in column B at least twice, delete the entire row. I would add a new column C (just temporarily). Then in C6, I'd add this formula: =if(countif($b$6:$b$5000,b6)>1,"ok",na()) and drag down. This would result in an error on every row that had exactly one occurrence. Then I'd select that range convert to values (to remove the slow calculation) Edit|...

backing up files
Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. Why should I email you an answer when the answer to this question has already been posted three or four times already this week? Please read the posts. "John Koegel" <bigjohn1016@mns.com> wrote in message news:044501c348bf$62e760b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money > files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. ...

PDF file #7

how do i delet e-mails
how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it I think you are working in imap account click on edit and purge messages it should take care or it "day j" <day j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B617EB3A-24EB-4278-B635-80FCD61F2480@microsoft.com... > how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it ...

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

How do I list more opened Word docs under the File menu
Word 2003 displays the last 4 Word files opened on clicking the File menu. I would like to increase this to about 20. Can this be done, and if so, how? In Word 2003, the maximum number that can be shown is 9 and it can be set via Tools>Options>General -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wellington" <Wellington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B8C9D4-4F78-4A92-94C6-8DC0D41388...

deleting all rules from the server
Is it possible to delete all of a users message rules from the server? We had to restore a mailbox the other day and now the user's rules are in triplicate. We've tried to delete them from the client but when they sync to the server they come back. The user wouldn't be adverse to losing all of their rules at this point if that is necessary as every mail sync gives an error that the rules don't match - even after telling exchange which set of rules to keep. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:17:27 -0800, KatLongo <KatLongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible t...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

integrate my vendor/supplier files from RMS and SBF into Outlook
I want to be able to see my vendor/supplier the same info in outlook, RMS and SBF I hate having to rekey the same information over and over. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

OWA receive error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder"
Hello, I have a user encounter a problem in OWA (Exchange 2003 SP2) When the user try to "Empty the deleted item" in OWA, it show an error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder". It occurs intermittently, do anyone have any idea on it? Thanks a lot.. Best regards, Chris ...

deleting calendar schedules does not delete invitees
I am running exchange 2000 and outlook 2002 and 2003. When a user schedules a meeting with another user and then deletes the meeting, the meeting does not get deleted from the invitees calendar. Is there a bug in exchange? Is there a workaround? Thanks for your help. HK ...

Lost File #2
I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another person but they are not. Can anyone help >-----Original Message----- >I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am >aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access >any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another >person but they are not. > >Can anyon...

Parsing a space delimited file into segments
I have a space delimited file that contains address information. Is there a way to parse each record so that I parse the records into specific portions (Company Name is field 1, Street Address is field 2, etc.)? Using the space as a delimiter doesn't help in this instance because every word is obviously separated by a space. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks. hi, you could use the fixed width option but unless all of the data is the same width that could cause a serious problem. i don't know how much data you have but you may have to do it in groups or 1 line a...

Purchase Order deleted
We created a purchase order to do a test-run which we then deleted. But now items that were in that PO state that they have 1 item "On Order" in the Properties/Inventory. That "On Order" cell is greyed-out so it cannot be manually adjusted. Is there any way to change the On Order to 0 from 1 because we did not really order these items plus we cannot "receive" them given that the actual PO was erased? Zorian, Follow these instructions; http://tinyurl.com/nwc7w Must have access to CustomerSource! -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must...

3 pst files
I want to have 3 pst files on my Outlook 2003 setup. Is this possible? I have the pst file that I work now and 2 others which are pst files from an old laptop which I want just to be there as separate. How can I do it and shall I do Import or is there any other way. thanks Virginia Don't use the import feature. Simply reconnect the pst-files via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... You can place the pst-file in a location that is convenient to you. For instance in a sub folder of your My Documents folder called "Outlook". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

mail not deleted off server
I am using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Pro accessing a POP3 server. Mail is no longer being deleted off the server. Just keeps being downloaded again and again. I have: - tried repair option - uninstall/re-install - wiped out and compacted mail files - deleted all rules - cussed, swore and jumped up and down I have also set up Outlook Express to rule out ISP. Express has no problem removing mail from the server. TIA, Rick "rick campbell" <rick_soup@ rogers.com> wrote in message news:lxgCc.465343$Ar.147937@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... &g...

How to delete a personal folders in OUtlook..
For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas on how to get rid of one? Ignore this please, found the answer in the KB by rephrasing my question.... >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas >on how to get rid of one? >. > please ig >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the oth...

Can't open any .exe files
If I click on any programs it pops up and tells me that there is no association. I know how to association a file extension normally. If I click on Excel it gives me the error. Yet if I click on an Excel file then it will open the file. If I click on Notepad gives me the association error yet again if I click on a file saved in Notepad it opens that file. I tried to run System Restore but I get the same error. The exact error message is : This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this Acton. Create an association in the Folder Options control Pane...

unknown cab file required
I just installed Project 2003 and immediately ran the update routine. Office Update tells me that it has SP1 for Project and some new junk mail filters for Outlook 2003. I tell it to download both patches. Download proceeds with no problem. Installation tells me that it cannot find a file called SKU111.CAB. I search all local hard disks - no file. I search the Project disk - no file. I search the Office 2003 disk - no file. I even searched the Publisher 2003 disk (which is not installed). I can account for an SKU13B and an SKU119, but no SKU111. I search all of Microsoft.com - nothing e...

error opening excel file
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb There is a bug in xl97 (fixed in xl2k, IIRC) that allowed worksheet codenames to get too long. I _think_ that newer versions of excel will open...

Can't open pdf files in windows mail.
Every time I try to open a PDF file in windows mail it says I don't have a program associated with it to open it. It says to set a default program with it. I have adobe reader associated with it in default programs, so I don't know why it won't open it. What operating system? i.e.: XP/SP3 etc. Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "Dutchy" <Dutchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BC3362D-015D-498A-90AD-FE4AD10D0962@microsoft.com... > Every ti...

Send Receive Error: Object deleted
Did some file cleanup over the weekend and now getting this error: "Sending reported error "0x8004010a "The operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted." This will no doubt be because I tried to create a new profile and deleted the "lost and found" file that resulted from a previous scanpst.exe. My ISP helpdesk told me to delete all accounts and create a new one, then couldnt' assist further and told me to call Microsoft who want to charge me $75 to fix this. Before I get my credit card out I thought it might be worth asking here to se...