Retain drop down lists in Excel when saved as HTML

We are using MS Excel 2007.

We have a spreadsheet which uses drop down lists (implemented using the
standard method - validation referencing a named list).

We want to save it in Excel-based HTML format so that a user can click
directly on the file name in a SharePoint list and it will open directly in
IE (rather than having to open the Exel file. This also works when you embed
the hyperlink to the Excel-based web page in a standard SharePoint workspace
page.

If the user wants to edit the file they still have to go in via SharePoint
and select the "Edit using MS Excel" option. Having it as HTMl-based Excel
just makes it easier to integrate into the general navigation of the
SharePoint workspace (it's all about the user experience!).

Anyway, this format works fine (with the HTML version being a fairly
accurate representation of the information in the original Excel file) except
for drop down lists, which seem to disappear when you save it as HTML.

Is there any way to retain drop down lists when you save an Excel file as
HTML so that when you reopen the file for editing in Excel they are available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

drop down arrows only show up when in the field
Is there any way to format a drop down list on a form so that the drop down arrow appears all the time, and not just when you tab or click into that field? I'm trying to give my users an idea of which fields are drop down versus free text. Thanks for your help. No, not if you're using a protected form and dropdown formfields. If you change the template to display a userform (http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm) and just insert the resulting values into the document, the dropdowns in the userform do always show the arrow by default (althoug...

Inserting excel doc into ppt
Is there a way to insert a sheet or info from a sheet from excel into powerpoint? I have a program outline I want to insert into my presentation. PP 2007 Here is one way to do it:- 1. I have a Title Only slide on the screen in front of me. 2. Insert / Text group / Object / Insert Object pop up window launches / click on the Create from file radio button / Browse / in the File name: field type in the full path of where your file is and its name / Open / OK. 3. The sheet from the targeted Workbook will now be pulled into your Presentation. Re-size as desired. 4. ...

Missing Measures in .cub file created in Excel
After using Excel's Offline OLAP features which create a local cube file (.cub), many of the desired measures which I included in the wizard setup are not displayed. I'm looking for a reason for this. The data populating this cube file is from a virtual cube, so background calculations take place. I considered that those measures requiring calculation would not be included once seperated from the original virtual cube... but many calculated measures WERE included so I don't think that's the complete explination. I've varied the measures included in the .cub file...

How do I enter a decimal in a string of numbers in Excel? Example.
Please post your question in the BODY of the message, not the subject line, and clarify with an example of the initial data and what you want to end up with. If it's to translate 123 to 1.23, you divide by 100. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:03:07 -0800, Joy <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Problem opening Excel 2003 in a Small Business edition
When i open excel ,it appears a window "installing:function of Excel" Its seems like installing a new function of Excel , it last a few seconds and then we can work wiht it. How can i eliminate this Hi, You could try looking into your tools>Add-ins to determine what function packs are being loaded when you start Excel. If this is poiting to an add-in on a network drive, it could be what is causing the delay. You can try this by unchecking each option in turn and closing and re-opening Excel. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar ""installing:function of Excel"...

Export Report To Excel
XP, Office 2007 I have a report that when run basically tells us the part number, how many are in stock, and how many we need to make to complete a particular order. There are several order dates to each part, so the rows repeat themselves for each of the order dates. There are total fields on the report that show how many parts need to be made if the customer orders more than what is on hand; all the calculations are done in the report itself. I was able to use a macro to filter everythihg down to show for each part number the first due date for parts that need to be manufactured an...

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Turning off all Automatic Formatting in Excel 2003
Hi Is there any way of turning off all automatic formatting in Excel 2003? For example Excel automatically changes strings such as 1-12 in a CSV file to 1-Dec, 10-10-2005 to 10/10/2005 and strings of numbers to an exponential representation. These changes are preserved when saving the file and thus corrupting it, preventing any other applications from reading it. I know you can import CSVs changing all the fields to text using the data import option, however reopening it and saving causes Excel to make the same changes again. Any suggestions would be really appreciated as this is caus...

How do I prevent Excel from replacing path in hyperlink when saved
I´ve created a hyperlink in a cell using the Insert Hyperlink option. I'm using the path (F:\myfile.txt). When I save the document, the hyperlink changes to (\\MyServer\MyPath\myfile.txt). Is it possible to prevent this, because if the servername is changed in the future the link won't work Regards Rico Use the =HYPERLINK() function: =HYPERLINK("F:\myfile.txt","myfile") -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200810 "Rico B. Raben" wrote: > I´ve created a hyperlink in a cell using the Insert Hyperlink option. I'm > using the path (...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

Deleting rows in Excel based on criteria
Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the macro and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. >and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. last column IV ?? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "SteveM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05ac01c3afb9$b76f96a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a > criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the > macro an...

Programmatically sign Excel VBA macro
My goal is to programmatically sign an Excel VBA macro. I have a certificate. I have code to programmatically create an Excel macro. Word 2002 has access to the Office SignatureSet collection (ActiveDocument.Signatures which prompts the user to select a certificate via the Add method of the SignatureSet collection, which is an interface--not a class--in the Office Interop PIA). Excel does not have a get_Signatures. Why not?! Who cares, I don't want to prompt the user to identify a certificate from the store anyway. Now, I'm thinking, if I had something like SignCode.exe fro...

Importing Distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem to locate any data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem because of that. thanks Kevin Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing > distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the > .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem > to locate any data t...

convert from excel to adobe
Hello - I tried to convert from Excel to adobe and it ended up with black background and no words. I tested to convert from MS Word and webpage to adobe - no problem. I suspected that it had to do with the Excel setting for Adobe conversion. Where can I fix the setting in Excel to make it normal to convert it into adobe? I saw "change conversion setting" under Adobe on the menu in Excel application but i don't know which one is the problem in the setting. Thanks, Krae ...

Meeting responses for a calendar item are going to a recipient that is not on the "TO:" list.
I'm trying to figure out why meeting responses are going to an alternate recipient. I thought resonses would go to the meeting organizer. However, responses to meetings are going to the meeting organizer and to another recipient who is not listed in the TO: field for the meeting. Any ideas on troubleshooting this one? In news:ex$Pa6WEGHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Jaycee <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> typed: > I'm trying to figure out why meeting responses are going to an > alternate recipient. I thought resonses would go to the meeting > organizer. However, re...

Retaining format while file conversion
Hi! I have few text files with more than 6000 records. There are columns in which the data stats with 0 digit for ex. 021996000058. While I convert this .txt file into .xls file the leading zero disappers. for ex. the above given number becomes 21996000058. Is there any way by which I can retain the data with same format as in the text file? Please help! Jayshree Hi When you open the txt file in Excel it should launch the Text Import Wizard which lets you assign which fields are text fields as well as delimiter/fixed width etc. -- Andy. "Jayshree" <jayshree.dholakia@uga...

Save Emails to Disk?
Hello. I was wondering if it was possible to save Emails from Outlook Express 6 to disk. I have a bunch from a friend in the Army stationed somewhere in the Middle East (he can't say where) that I really want to hold onto but they're on my old computer. I want to be able to keep them on disk. We used to have Prodigy on that computer which ran MSIE 6 and Outlook 6 but later we replaced Prodigy with AOL but dispite doing this my friend's Emails remained on the computer so that even without a connection to the internet (i.e. signed off from AOL) I could still open Outlook an...

List of stocks/investments in 2005
In my previous version of money I was able to get to a list of investments. I could scroll around through the dropdown at the top of the window and then make changes, delete them, etc. Has this feature been taken away? How can I delete an investment that I can't get to? In microsoft.public.money, Jack Addington wrote: >In my previous version of money I was able to get to a list of investments. >I could scroll around through the dropdown at the top of the window and then >make changes, delete them, etc. Has this feature been taken away? The drop-down list accesses tha...

How do I save a Word doc to the epub format?
Is there a download for this? Try Google: epub format... Roughly 1,000,000 hits :-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/23/10 3:03 PM, in article 114A1769-E1F2-4EE1-A44E-38E2643F7699@microsoft.com, "Arnold" <Arnold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a download for this? ...

Drag and drop
I have a set of input data in (say) A2 to A4. Formula in A5 and A6 and input data in A7 to A9. Rows 5 and 6 is hidden. Row numbers and column headings are also hidden. The user types data into A2 and then drags to A9, in this process he overwrites that formula in rows 5 and 6. If I protect rows 5 and 6 then the standard excel error pops up. How can I drag the input values without overwriting the formula? -- Bonzo123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bonzo123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24182 View this...

How do I update Excel 2000 macros to work in Excel 2002?
Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel 2000, I get an error message "Subscript out of range". How do I update the macro to work in Excel 2002? Hi normally the macro should work without a problem. Best to post the part of your code which generates this error -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BobPetrich" <BobPetrich@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CF34907-0A45-4392-8F04-556EFB1F89E4@microsoft.com... > Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel > 2000, I get a...

Convert to word / excel
in access 03, i could run a report then export it to word or excel, however i cannot seem to be able to do it with access 07, HELP!! -- Lois On the ribbon, select the External Data tab. There is an Excel icon on the Export group. "Lois" wrote: > in access 03, i could run a report then export it to word or excel, however i > cannot seem to be able to do it with access 07, HELP!! > -- > Lois ...