restrict value entered into cell

Hi,

Is there a way to restrict user to enter negative values into a cell?

TIA
eric

:(

Hi Eric

One way:

Select the range (e.g E34:E56)

Data > Datavalidation > Custom
enter this formula

=E34>0

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"ericlye" <ericlye.st9ay@excelforum.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to restrict user to enter negative values into a cell?
>
> TIA
> eric
>
> :(

0
leo.heuser (111)

Referencing merged cells
I'm having trouble referencing a merged cell in another workbook. Say I merge cells A1 to C1 in workbook 1. When I make this the active cell, the Name Box says "A1". When I go to another workbook (say, workbook 2), go to cell B1, type "=" and then go to the merged cell and select it, I get 'workbook1'!$A$1:$C$1 as the formula and, of course, the "#VALUE" error. I've successfully tried typing "=sum(" without the quotes hen clicking on the contents of the cell and then adding the ")" and it works O.K. but there should be an easi...

Easy formula question -sum of 1 cell to end
Thanks for looking . How do you format a formula to display the sum of, let's say A1 to "however far down the spreadsheet goes" without having to name an ending cell? This sheet has no end and I need to display the total in a column that keeps growing. I hope I phrased this correctly. Hi Edward You could do it this way =SUM(A:A), that will cover the full column. HTH John "Edward" <222@333.com> wrote in message news:erIdCRRkJHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Thanks for looking . > How do you format a formula to display the sum of, let's say ...

Axis label that corresponds to cell
I have an interactive graph which graphs data from a set column. This column changes depending on what is selected on a list selector. I was wondering if there is a way to label the y axis whatever was in, say cell AD11. I was hoping that that this would be something easy that I could write into the excel chart wizard, like =$AD$11, but it is not. Any help would be appreciated. -- pete3589 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pete3589's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28402 View this thread: http://www.exce...

Finding the currently selected cell in another worksheet
Hi, In Excel 2002 I want to display the current row of worksheet A in worksheet B (in another format). Does anyone know how to do this? Ideal would be if this updates automatically, but performance wise I guess a macro activated by a button in worksheet A would be the best solution. TBH, Jeroen Jeroen, I don't know of a way in a formula to determine the active cell of the worksheet. Worksheets other than the active one don't have an active cell. I think macros are the only way. Put this in a regular module: Public Roww As Long Put this in the sheet A module: Private Sub W...

Auto fill cells with dates, exclude weekends?
What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wondering if there was anyway for it to skip the weekends within the dates? Thanks in advance. Hi Sam rather than dragging with the left mouse button down, drag with the right .... when you let go you'll see an option for fill weekdays. Cheers JulieD "Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote in message news:af3901c4796d$85dff660$a501280a@phx.gbl... > What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates > (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wo...

Entering Data to make a list?
Is there a way that when I enter something into A1 &B1 it will fill down on a List? Like if I type apples in A1 & $12 in B1 on a certain sheet it will copy Apples and $12 , then if I type Pears & $5 it will copy to the next blank cell and so on -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Bob I'm assuming you have this list on another sheet. This little macro will do the following: When you enter something in B1 of the first sheet, it will copy A1:B1 to the bottom of the list in Columns A & B of the second sheet. It will then clear (erase) the conte...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, Sorted! :) :) :) ... sth was missing (<) The formula to be used is =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)<=1 and NOT =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)=1 ... little things make the difference, isn�t it ;) ? Thank you very much for your support and your time. Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

How do I ignore blank cells while averaging the solutions of equat
I'm trying to average (items produced/manhours/workers) over the course of a week. The problem is each job isnt worked every day, so I have blank cells in my equation. Here is what I'm typing: =AVERAGE((B4/C4/D4),(E4/F4/G4),(H4/I4/J4),(K4/L4/M4),(N4/O4/P4)). I know there is a way to ignore #DIV/0 results, but I'm fairly new to Excel. I'm also trying to keep this all in one row to save space. Any help will be appreciated. -Ryan take a look at the subtotal function and see if it meets your needs. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Kis...

dynamic cells
Hi! I wonder if somebody could help me with the following problem: I have two columns with cells containing some values B1..B22, C1..C22 everyday I add a new cell e.g. B23 and C23, B24 and C24,... I wonder if I use these cells in a forumla like REGR how to write in order to avoid updating the formula every day? REGR(B1:B22;C1:C22) TIA Anders. Anders, You could create a dynamic named range for each of your ranges. In your example, if you have no data below your list you could: Insert->Name->Define Input the name then in 'Refers To' type =offset (B1,0,0,counta(B:B),1) ...

Query to show empty cells
I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to show an empty cell? Try out the query with IsNull as criterion. -- ********* http://panjas.org If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? If the post answers your question, click Yes next to Did this post answer the question? "xololady" wrote: > I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the > addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to sh...

How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells
How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J... =A1&".gif" "Wanda_pb" <Wanda_pb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D20A2D9-3BFF-4BA2-A85D-7F5FD229A62A@microsoft.com... > How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to > repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J... Thank you, that was very helpful, but I guess I should have mentioned there were "/" also in the text. When I did your sugge...

Combining date and time into one cell
I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell. How can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ? Thanks. Date in A1, time in B1, combined in C1: formula is =A1+B1 and format as you describe. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:03:02 -0800, "Kelly C" <KellyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell. How >can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ? > >Thanks. =TEXT(A1,"m/dd/yy ")&TEXT(B1,"hh:mm") is one way -- HT...

When you click a hyperlink in a cell i get a Warning message
This message is about harmfull files and gives you an OK and CANCEL. Is it at all possable to disable this particualr message because i have a document full of hyperlinks and its getting anoying!!!! Thanks. ...

excel's active cell
how to highlight the active cell with a color each time it moves angelaexceluser, have a look at Chip's addin here for one way to do it, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "angelaexceluser" <angelaexceluser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48BB20C8-3DF8-43AB-B913-9CDB2A288748@microsoft.com... > how to highlight the active cell with a color ...

Excel VBA
Hi. Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet fro another workbook into another different workbook? If so....how? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try recoding a macro while doing this manually. And yes it is possible :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cjh1984 >" <<cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi. > > Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet from > another workbook into another different workbook? ...

Changing formula in multiple cells or range simultaneously
I am trying to change the value in multiple cells in a large worksheet simultaneuously. I want to identify the range and then adjust the formula in the entire range. Is there a way that I can highlight the range and then change to formula in each, simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to double the value in the entire range, how would I do this? Thanks, Michael You could put 2 in an empty cell. Copy it Edit|Paste special|click on Multiply under the operation section. Then clear out that 2. But it really depends on what kind of change you're making. If you wanted to ad...

Sound when entering transaction into account
I just upgraded to Money 2004 from Money V5. Is it possible to change the lame "ding" sound when entering a transaction to the satisfying "ka-ching" sound in Version 5? -- Norm Although Money parameters turn on whether sounds are played, the actual sounds are stored in the system level. So go to the Start and select control panel. In the control panel select "Sounds" (slightly different name and location depending upon which operating system. scroll down the sounds until you find Money and the "enter transaction" you can then change it ...

Copying one cell to muliple cells #2
Cell a1 is a date cell. Cells b1-b30 are date cells. What I am trying to do is every time that I enter a new date in Ai, I want it to go to a blank cell in b column and not over write the dates that are already there. A B 2/3/04 1/6/04 1/20/04 1/25/04 2/3/04 right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this>format col B as desired date >save. Now when you put a date in a1 such as 8/1, the last cell+1 in col b will get that date. Private Sub Worksheet_...

Date Changes to 01/00/00 when i enter any date.
Using XL2003, I have a problem. When i enter a date in cell, such as 08/25/10, or use the shortcut Ctrl ;, XL displays 01/00/00 in the cell instead. I have formatted the cell as a date. What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you so much. Tonso ...

entering current time in shared work book
Hi, i am maintaing a excel tracker in shared drive where i am manually entering the time when a person came into the office. Is it possible that when a person comes he himself open the shared file and click the cell corresponding to his name so that the time of that moment can be stored and that can not be further updated with new value (time)... below is the format Name of Person Date Name A Name B Name C 21-Apr-10 6:44 PM 6:48 PM 6:40 PM 22-Apr-10 6:30 PM 6:34 PM 6:31 PM 23-Apr-10 6:35 PM 6:39 PM 6:40 PM I would try first to setup a list on another she...

restricted access in Excel 2000?
How do you create content in Excel 2000 with restricted access? ...

distinct values in column
I like to format a column such that it allows only distinct values. fo eg in the column A i have 10 numbers 1to 10 (A1 to A10) . if i ente any value between 1 and 10 in A11 it should not allow. A11,A12.....et should allow only distinct values. pls help me to do this thanks in advanc -- parthaemai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- parthaemail's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3131 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51928 Data > Validation > Allow whole number > Betw...

XSD Restrictions help please
Greetings all. Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an enumerated value of ‘myType’ then element E also needs to have Attribute B. Xml example below E=Item A=type B=len <Items> <Item type=” myType” len=”5” /> <Item type=” NOTmyType” /> </Items> Any help or a point in a semi right direction would be very helpful :) AdamH wrote: > Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. > > If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an...

Cell Formatting to disp. ### numbers
I am trying to format the cells so that it only allows three numbers t be displayed. To be more descriptive: We work with zip codes quite often, but, we only use the first thre digits. Someone sent us a xls file with 12000 zip codes, in one column, and need to know how to make the column show only the first three digits o all the zip codes.. there is another problem, when I convert them to a numeric value, i removes the zero in front...ex. 08245, becomes 8245, but i need to kee that zero in front. Thanks -Eri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming your zip codes a...

How do I insert a row of blank cells?
I need to know how to insert a row of blank cells every other row in the columns from F to I ONLY!!! I currently have just a straight set of data in those columns like data-data-data-data-data-data. I need to have it alternate data-blankrow-data-blankrow-data-blankrow- as I go down from row to row. I need to do this for about 1000 rows so I need a quick way to do it if there is one. HELP!!! Looks like this: Data Data Data Data I want this: Data Data Data Data Thanks. Chris -open the VB editor -double click the sheet of interest -View from the menu--> Code -Paste the belo...