Requiring a cell password

I require a password to be entered if a cell value created by a formula exceeds a certain preset value.
Also can I use validation rules or something else that requires users to enter a value or text into a cell?
Thanks.

0
UK (21)

Hi
in general possible. (using either worksheet_change or
worksheet_claculate events). But you may provide some more
details.
- the formula you are suing
- what should happen if the user does not have the
password?

For the validation rules have a look at 'Data - Validation'

0
frank.kabel (11126)
7/15/2004 10:15:31 AM
The spreadsheet is a quotation total and users are not allowed to issue quotes over a certain value eg 10K.  So the formula in the cell is just a total  eg =SUM(G59:G90) and if the value is over the 10K then they have to ask a supervisor who will have the password to approve the quote.
Also there is a text cell (customer categories) that I want users to be forced to enter a value in from a drop down box that I have created from the validation function.
Thanks.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> in general possible. (using either worksheet_change or
> worksheet_claculate events). But you may provide some more
> details.
> - the formula you are suing
> - what should happen if the user does not have the
> password?
>

> For the validation rules have a look at 'Data - Validation'

0
DuncanUK (7)

blocking blank cells until other cells are compiled
Hello everyone. I'm working on several columns. Each column corresponds to a certai date. I would like the fields under the date cell to be "available only if the date cell is filled. How do I do this? Say in cell "A1" I have today's date and in "B1" tomorrow's (and s on). In cell "A2" I want to put the number of dollars I have spen during lunch and in cell "B2" I will want to do the same, but onl tomorrow of course. I would like to "compile" the whole month in terms of columns but would like NOT to be able to write in the...

Cell selection
Hi, Can anyone tell me why, when I select a cell near the bottom of a page, 3-4 rows seem to be sected as well? Thanks in advance Jason Hi, You are probably in Extend mode. Look at the bottom right of the Status Bar, look for Extend, its location and wording depend on version. If it is on press Esc or F8. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Boenerge" wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone tell me why, when I select a cell near the bottom of a page, 3-4 > rows seem to be sected as well? > Thanks in advance > Jason I am having this p...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Select a certain number of cells in a row
Hi, I'd like to have the macro to select row 5 to 10 in the active column. May I know what is the VB code to write? Regards, Valerie maybe... dim myRng as range dim myCol as long with activesheet mycol = activecell.Column set myrng = .range(.cells(5,mycol),.cells(10,mycol)) end with myrng.select ======= or with activesheet .cells(5,activecell.column).resize(6).select end with I'm not quite sure why you want to select that range. But for the most part, if you act directly on the range (and avoid .selects), you're code will work faster and be easier to modify. Dolph...

Cannot hide cells

text in cell shows up as ####

Printing large cells
I have a spreadsheet in which many of the cells are very large. When the spreadsheet is printed, not all of the large cell contents print. How do I get all of the cell contents to print? ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

Excel limited cell formats
I have run into Excel's limit on 4000 cell foremats. I have since split the excel workbook into two separate workbooks. My question is, how can I launch these from a template and have the two workbooks link with each other, My original workbook has 25 separate sheets within the workbook for a total of 3.25mb size. I have a whole slew of macros assigned to different command buttons. Mike Johnson ...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

can cells apply conditional formatting using the internal clock?
I am using excell to keep track of my production schedule and I wanted to know if there was a way to tie the cells in a worksheet to the internal date and time in the computer,so that the cells will update automatically. Example: Row A10 would be my production start date, Row A1 would be my projected finish date, I would like the cells in between to go from green to red as I near the finish date without manually inputting the date in each cell. Can you help me? Thyanks Set the normal format as desired (I selected a Pattern of Green). Select A1:A10, then select Format | Conditional Fo...

Splitting excel cells based on content
I have an excel workbook with a worksheet created by a dump from a database (DOORS in this case). The first column is unique, the second not. The second column may contain 0 to n identifiers that I want to look up on a separate sheet. The lookup is easy when the cell in the 2nd column has either 0 or 1 identifiers in it but when there are 2 or more (separated by a carriage return I think) my lookup fails as lookup is using the enitre contents of the cell. What i'd like to be able to do is to automatically (there's some 900+ rows in the worksheet) is to automatically insert additio...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

very simple and useful, email password recovery tool
Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Eudora, etc. http://www.top-password.com/outlook-password-recovery.html -- johneou johneou wrote: > Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, > capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email > clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, > Eudora, etc. > > http://www.top-password.com/outlook-pa...

cursor control in cells
Can anyone help please? For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by moving through teh arrow keys. The whole sheet moves instead. Can anyone tell me what I ahve done to lose this control please? Many thanx DAT Hi Dave You have probably inadvertently pressed the Skulk key. Press it again to take Scroll Lock off and you should be OK. -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave T" <datucker@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:J8sUh.378$V7.132@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone help please? > For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by ...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...

user name and password not being retained in WindowsMail
I have Vista 32bit sp2, IE8 and WindowsMail. I had this problem on my XP/Outlook Express machine and found an answer, but can't find one for WindowsMail. Please note that I have had this set-up for several months and never incurred this problem. Even earlier today everything was working fine. It looks as if I can send messages, but when I click on send/receive button to receive messages I get a screen asking for my username and password. I have it set to remember in 'tools' 'accounts', but it isn't remembering it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how...

ser# required
Anyone know why ser# is now required before we enter quantity recieved #'s on a purchase order. This is the first time this has occured and I am not aware of any changes we have made that would affect this. Bottom line, we often do not get the # until after item is sold & out of the box, yet of course we need it checked in before it can be sold. Earlier we entered # after sale, or after build but before sale. Thanks for any & all help. Gary Gary, Open store ops manager, and go the file menu, configuration. In the configuration window, click the options tab, and select Serial...

Cell formatting: displaying lat/long coordinates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rather than formatting a cell to display time in hours and minutes and = seconds, I would like to display latitude and longitude in degrees, = minutes, and seconds. e.g. 43=BA 25' 34" Is this possible in Excel 2000? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

e2k3 sp2: Unknown user name or bad password error
We have an exchange cluster with two nodes that runs exchange 2003 SP2 on windows 2003 Sp1 ent. For security reasons recently I had to change the password for the account under which I installed exchange - the account is exchservice. Since then I get few of the following messages in the security log on the server - any idea how can I stop this? Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 09/10/2006 Time: 10:30:00 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: EMILYA Description: Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password Us...

Locate and delete specific cells
I need to locate all cells that have a specific value, then delete those cells and the cells to the immediate left of those with the specified value. Once the cells are deleted, I want to shift the remaining cells up. I have worksheets with names and values. The values are frequently "NA". I need to delete the values of NA and the name associated with that value, I then want to shift everything up so as to remove all the blanks. Right now I anm doing it manually, and I am sure there is an easier way of doing it. You can do that directly withour first deleteing the values, sele...

Auto copy dates from one cell to another
I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8 is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages. Position cursor in cell A96 and enter the formula: =A$8, and in B96 the formula =B$8 Copy these two cells to the appropriate cells on the other "pages" of your worksheet. Pete Hi Kelly, In cell A96 you fill out the formula =A8 In cell B96 you fill out the formula =B8 this formula tells excel to take the val...