Replacing a subdirectory name in a macro

I am currently running a macro that every time I run the macro I have t
replace the name of a subdirectory that a file is saving to. Is ther
anyway I can name a cell in ecel that has the subdiectory's name store
in it, and get the macro to accept that name in the address that th
file is being saved to

Hi,
Dim TodaysFolder as String
TodaysFolder=cells(1,1).value 'cell A1. You should add the workbook & sheet
names to make 'sure it's the right one

ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\thisfolder\andthatfloder\" & TodaysFolder &
"\filename.xls"

--
John
johnf 202 at hotmail dot com

"Alab >" <<Alab.10xlp3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
| I am currently running a macro that every time I run the macro I have to
| replace the name of a subdirectory that a file is saving to. Is there
| anyway I can name a cell in ecel that has the subdiectory's name stored
| in it, and get the macro to accept that name in the address that the
| file is being saved to?
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
me5306 (285)
2/1/2004 2:22:53 PM
John,

Thank you very much.  The VB lines worked great.

If I wanted to do a column of cells with different dates instead o
just one cell that is being referenced, would I do an array?  exampl
cell A1 content TodaysFolder, cell A2 content TomorrowFolder, cell A
content NextDayFolder

I would like for the macro to save with A1, then next time save wit
what's in A2,et

automatically run a macro everyday
Dear all, I am going for vacation in two days. I need to run my VBA code automatically. Everyday, I get one excel workbook by using another macro. This workbook contains some values. I have written a vba code in Excel_Macro.xls which does the work for me. This vba code generates Pivot table in sheets in to Excel_Macro.xls. Script In Excel_Macro.xls Sheets("Pivot_Table").Select With Worksheets("Pivot_Table") Range("A:K").Select With Selection Cells.Clear End With Dim PT_9_Cache ...

Sheet name already exists
When copying worksheets (especially multiple times on large spreadsheets), I often get the following message: "a form or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name "wrn.Full._.TRAIL", which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?" If I click yes, I am presented with a number of other names (About 20) that I don't recognize. Although the copy sheet operation works without causing Excel to crash, I worry about the integrity of my worksheet. Any others with this experience, and suggestions toresolve? Excel ...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

naming a worksheet
i want to control how the sheets are named, for instance how do i ensur that when i click on Insert Worksheet i will get a worksheet with le us say the name 'Prapti' instead of Sheet1,Sheet2 etc. Also can i change the last nos of the sheet, for instance if i creat Sheet3 and then delete it , the next sheet is created with the no Sheet4 and not Sheet3, how can i change tha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like: Sub NameNewSheet() Dim sName As String Dim wTemp As Worksheet Sheets.Add.Name = "wTemp" sName = InputBox("Name of new s...

Linked Spreadsheets Grandfather Name Sticking
Hello, Here's an example of the problem. Let's say I have a store that sells gasoline. I want to record my store sales, and gasoline sales in gallons. So, I have a spreadsheet for store sales and a spreadsheet for gas sales in gallons. And these are setup per month. January sales sheets, February sales sheets, etc. I have the gas gallons spreadsheet linked to the stores sales spreadsheet, so I can enter all the data while in the sales spreadsheet. Let's say I have entered all of January's sales and gas data and want to move on to February's data. I copy Jansale...

Macro Subroutines
Hi I want to build a new macro to run a sequence of macros already built, would like these subroutines to run after a delay of 4 seconds so as t not overload my computer. So when i hit the macro button on the toolbar i would like macro one t run straight away,then macro two four seconds after pressing th button,then macro three four seconds later(8 seconds after pressing th toolbar button),etc. Here are two of the macro subroutines that i want to build into the ne macro:- Sub DAILYSOLVER() ' ' DAILYSOLVER Macro ' Macro recorded 25/01/2004 by ADE ' ' SolverReset Solver...

View names
Is it possible to give the same name to two different views when the views are for different entities? For instance, name a view for Leads "Has email" and name a view for Accounts "Has email." I seem to be running into a bug when doing this. I receive the following error: User would see... "Duplicate Record The specified domain logon name already exists. You must specify a unique domain logon name or open the user record that is using this name already." However, I'm not changing a domain logon name. I am changing the name of a view. Any ideas? I'v...

DST
I am trying to run MSexTMZCFG.exe and getting the following error "Unable to retrieve the server distinguished name. Unknown error (0x80005000). I used ADSIEdit to copy the server domain name. Any ideas? Which version? The most recent version will take just the netbios name. "Tina" <tina@nospam.postalias> wrote in message news:2DBD2EF5-4527-4E49-BEAD-7979B5F9C5BC@microsoft.com... >I am trying to run MSexTMZCFG.exe and getting the following error "Unable >to > retrieve the server distinguished name. Unknown error (0x80005000). I used > ADSIEdit to co...

Sigh.. Macro delay still not working
Hi all, I have this code implemented, which should prohibit the CDO_Send macr to run if it already ran 10 minutes ago.. However, somehow it currently does not trigger the macro at al anymore. Sometimes when i just opened the file and something changes i does trigger.., there is no logic behind it though. I've tried to mov the dlastsent line between the 'end if' at the bottom.. yet no matte what i do, it does not work. So now and then it (:s) also gives a type mismatch error in thi line: If myVals(iRow, iCol) = myRng.Cells(iRow, iCol) Then Cells in the range change through an ...

Outlook clients adjusting server name to new server?
I will be migrating from an Exchange 2000 server to an Exchange 2003 server on new hardware soon and because I can not rename the new server to that of the old without causing heaps of problems I am going to go ahead and use a new name for the new server. The question I have is, will my Outlook clients (a mix of Outlook 2000 and 2003) automatically adjust their settings to connect to the new server name, or will I have to manually go around and change the setting on each client? I read on a forum somewhere along the line that it will happen automatically, but I can't seem to find a...

Macro wait
Is there a macro command that I could add into a macro to tell it to wait for xx minutes (while something is running in the background)? Or maybe for it to wait for all processes to finish before continuing? JP, You can insert a pause into a macro, but this is as close as you will get, since you will need to manually trigger it to continue. Now if what you are looking for is to execute a macro (which in turn performs some actions) on a scheduled basis after some other process is completed, you can use the Macro Scheduler in Professional Services Tools Library. It sounds, however, you ...

Changing Exchange server name
Hi all, I've to change my Exchange server name from old_server_name to new_server_name. What I've to know before make this change? Thank you On the same subject, I use an MST when installing through my org. I will alter the MST so Outlook configures Automatically on new installs but where is the Exchange sever named stored to change it on Previously installed PCs (only effects user who sign on to multiple location as there first sign on is handled by Active Directory) . note: sry to horde in on your thread Andrea "Andrea Caldarone" wrote: > Hi all, > &...

Macro slow (worked well until I upgraded my machine)
I am doing an iterative hide of columns that of all but ones which meet the day of the week criteria. The macro ran fine for years through the upgrade from 2003 to office 2007. I have just upgraded my machine to a more powerful machine and my macro now takes has increased processing time by 50 to 60 times for this iterative hide. I have noticed that machines that went through the office 2003 installation prior to 2007 still run it fine. Example dell latitude d620 that never had 2003 takes 2 to 3 minutes to complete. same type of laptop that did go through the pa...

Multiple host name on certificate
I already have a certificate from verisign that is assigned to the default web site on the Excahnge 2007 server and this works fine, however it is only for the internet domain name of the exchange server. Outlook 2007 gets to the server using its internal FQDN and users are prompted with a message stating that the cert name does not match. If they click yes everything is fine. How can I assign mutiple host names to a certificate that I already own, that I got from a third party provider. Tim Charron wrote: > I already have a certificate from verisign that is assigned to the default ...

replacing TRUE/FALSE
Is what I am trying to do possible. I have a column of data that is just showing either TRUE or FALSE Using =IF(E2=TRUE,"Yes","No") I can change another column to show yes or no. What I need to do is automatically select all in Column E except the first row then apply the formula. Once complete replace the values into the original cells in Column E. I tried Range("E65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select in my macro but it didn't seem to do what I wanted Is this all possible? -- Rogueuk Hi if you don't need to do this via code, i would use this app...

Help with Macro #2
I need to create a macro to modify a spreadsheet into which I have imported an address list. The steps I am unsure about are:- Go to the last 2 rows which contain text and delete, the last row could vary each time the list is imported. In col A if an X is present delete the row. In col H delete all rows which do not contain a V Hope you can help Thanks Alistair Alistair, This should do it for you Dim cLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim oRng As Range cLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set oRng = Cells(cLastRow, 1).EntireRow Set oRng = Union(oRng, Cells(cLa...

Insert > Name > Define
Why does this work for a Name definition of a range? =Sheet1!$A$3:INDEX(DataforCharts!$A:$A,MATCH(9.99999E+307,DataforCharts!$A:$A)) It works but I can't figure out why. The INDEX returns the value of the last cell with data in it, however if I just replace all of that with the value it does not work anymore. For example this does NOT work. =Sheet1!$A$3:40857 Actually, this portion: =MATCH(9.99999E+307,DataforCharts!$A:$A) returns the last row in column A of the DataForCharts worksheet that has numeric data in it. But you didn't translate the =index() por...

What r Macros?
Hope it is not a silly question, but I don't have a complete understanding what exactly are Macros? Thanks. Macros are for recording actions so you can run them over and over again. Try a simple macro by typing a word in any cell. Now go to tools/macro/record new macro. Select the cell you earlier typed into and filldown a few cells. Go back now to tools/macro/stop recording. Delete the cells you earlier filled down, leaving the origional cell with data. Go now to tools/macro/macros and select Macro1 then click run. The filldown action you recorded will be played. Play around with r...

Duplicate names in same row
Hello, I have a table that lists names and dates, where each name can appear several times, each paired with a different date. I would like to make a query which would list each name in one row, but add the dates togather into a (horizontal) comma separated list. Can this be done in a query? Or do I have to use VBA to pick data from one table and dump it into another, temporary table? Thanks for any help in advance. :) Try the Crosstab query type and use the wizard if you're not familiar with Crosstab queries. However, based upon the number of columns it generates you could quite po...

Place name cards
I'm trying to use a template to make several place name cards,how do i alter the information in each template card ready for printing. Boyo wrote: > I'm trying to use a template to make several place name cards,how do i alter > the information in each template card ready for printing. Mail Merge is the easiest way; if you're using Publisher 2007, you could also use the Multiple Pages per Sheet option. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

auto filter macro #2
I want to use auto filter or some other device to hide those rows whose first column has a zero in it. I would like to come up with a macro that automatically does this. The purpose is to have a sales order whose first column of every row is the quanity of each item ordered. If zero is ordered than that row would be hidden. This sales order would be linked to a data input sheet where the actual input would take place. Please help!!! ...

how to disable/enable command button (ActiveX) using a macro
I have tried to create a macro using recorder to disable/enable command button (ActiveX) with the following code being created ActiveSheet.Shapes("CommandButton1").Select This only results in the command button being selected - with the procedure of enabling/disabling being "lost". So i tried the following code ActiveSheet.CommandButton1.Select CommandButton1.Enabled = False This presents runtime error message "object required" What is the "simplest" way to create this macro? (first time user) Any help much appreciated you can tr...

Macro to convert a number to text (English only)
The macro shown below will convert any Long number to the text equivalent (both +ve and -ve). Thanks must be given to: http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0351_Numbers_Spelled_Out.html who have the original version of this function. The original version was limited to +ve numbers between 1 and 999999. As such, it did not handle millions (which I wanted). I've changed the macro to handle both millions and billions. As it was easy to do, I also added the functionality to ahndle -ve number (as it simply adds a 'Minus' string before the number). A minor change I made to the ori...

Get the name of the version
Hi, When I used the Application.version it gave me a number like 10.0, how I can get the corresponding name of the the version like Excel 97, Excel 2002... ? Thank you. There is no property that returns the full name of the product, as far as I know. You could make your own little lookup/conversion routine as there are not that many versions. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ben" <barben02@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:263001c41ca8$1d03faa0$3501280a@phx.gbl... | Hi, | | When I used the Application.version it gave me a number | like 10.0, how I can get the corresponding name...

Split Name Field in Excell
I have a single name field that has both the first and last name of some clients. How can I separate each name and create separate fields for each? Hi crystal the easiest place to start is by using data / text to columns ... insert a couple of spare columns to the right of the column you want to split select the column to split choose data / text to columns ensure delimited is selected - press next untick tab, tick space press finish let us know how you go Cheers JulieD "crystal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5cf901c474b7$77d4abc0$a...