Replace worksheet name in formula linked to a different workbook

When I try to use Find/replace to replace the worksheet name to formula's
linked to many different workbooks, but the worksheet name is the same. It
gives us an update values box with the file name and wants us to locate the
files.

Ex: ='R:\BSP Auditing\FF Div Loan Pwd Surr\[FF Div Auditing.xls]SEP'!$E$39
(It is for multiple files and folders all under BSP Auditing.)

Want to change to: ='R:\BSP Auditing\FF Div Loan Pwd Surr\[FF Div
Auditing.xls]JAN'!$E$39
0
Debra (44)

Just a guess.....

Are you absolutely positively sure that there's a worksheet named Jan in that
workbook?

The only way I could get that prompt is to not have that worksheet there (or
misspell part of the name (drive/path/filename).

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

Table link documentation

Outlook 2003

Help With Margin Formula

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Formula to display nearest following Thursday in mm/dd/yyyy format
Hello, I have been reading and trying different suggestions here to no avail. What I need is a formula to calculate the nearest following thursday, and display it in mm/dd/yyyy format. To be clear, I have a column of varying dates. I need a formula to return the next thursday for each of those dates. To illustrate, say I have 05/22/2010, 05/23/201, 05/24/2010, & 05/26/2010 in cells A1 through A4. In cells B1 through B4, I would like to see 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, & 05/27/2010 representing the following thursday. Thank you for your help! BW T...

Find tab in worksheet
I have a workbook with many tabs & many users and would like to create a 'Go to / find' function that finds a particular tab when opening workbook, so that user will enter tab in text box and will then go directly to tab Try any one of these macros.. You can try out the below macro. If you are new to macros.. --Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). --From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11. --From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. --Get back to Workbook. --Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected mac...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...

Seperate jobs for multiple worksheets
Separate jobs are sent to printers when I select multiple worksheets... If I print to PDF, multiple files are created. How can I avoid this? ...

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...

Worksheet Protection #5
Hi Folks, I built a spreadsheet for my brother, e-mailed it to him and 2 of th worksheets in the workbook do not have the protection I put on them. When I attempt to enter data on one of the protected sheets, I canno enter data whereas my brother can. I am using Excel 2002 and believ my brother is using 2000 or 2002. Also, I have one worksheet (same workbook as before) that has levels o row and column grouping. Is there a way to have grouping on worksheet and then protect part of the worksheet and still have the + (grouping) option work. Thanks for the assistance and Happy New Year to al...

Simple Formula
I have a formula, bt4/37 (bt4 = 6) and it returns 5. However, my calculator and an Access database returns 16. Can someone tell me why Excel returns 5? thanks. -- Kat3n hi, Either I'm reading this post incorrectly or you have a broken calculator and are gettting results out of excel & access that are equally incorrect. 6/37= 0.162 recurring So if we assume that your result of 16 is a typo and you meant .16 there must be something your not telling us about the formula your using in Excel. How is the 6 derived in BT4 ? What is the format of BT4 ? Post the pr...

Link Outlook 2003 to Exchange 5.5 over VPN
Hi How do you do it?? I have a VPN, I can ping the ip of the mail server (NT4) but cannot see it when I test from within Outlook 2003 exchange account Cheers Colin Put the IP address and server name of the Exchange server in your local computer's hosts file and see if you can then ping by name - if you can, you ought to be able to access the mailbox. That's just one quick way to do it....but it ought to work. Colin wrote: > Hi > > How do you do it?? I have a VPN, I can ping the ip of the > mail server (NT4) but cannot see it when I test from > within Outlook 2003 e...

Combining Several Worksheet into one
I have over 30 excel worksheets that are: 1. Password protected 2. The sheet is also password protected 3. Each worksheet contains only one tab call "All" and this tab is in the same format and contains the same column in every sheet. 4. It's located in the same folder I need to write a macro that will open all these workbook in this folder and combine the data into one new sheet with only one tab called "All". I am able to write the code to open all the workbook but am having a difficult time figuring out how to copy only the cells with data into the new workbook...