Replace text with page break

I have a spreadsheet parsed from downloaded data.  In a row by itself
have text that exists only in rows I want to replace with a page break
I have tried find/replace and it didn't work because I couldn't us
the ^m function like I can in Word.

Can anyone tell me how to replace these characters with page breaks s
I can print my spreadsheet on a form correctly?

Thanks all

I don't quite follow you, but might this help?

Click <View> <PageBreakPreview>,
And click and drag your page breaks anywhere to your hearts content.
--

HTH,

RD

"cass h >" <<cass.h.15c67s@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet parsed from downloaded data.  In a row by itself I
have text that exists only in rows I want to replace with a page break.
I have tried find/replace and it didn't work because I couldn't use
the ^m function like I can in Word.

Can anyone tell me how to replace these characters with page breaks so
I can print my spreadsheet on a form correctly?

Thanks all!

---

ragdyer1 (4060)

Keeping focus on a text box
I have a form on which I'm using my own record selector buttons to move between records. I'd like to use some code to keep focus on a particular text box (ItemNum) when moving between records if ItemNum had the focus prior to moving to the next record. ItemNum is not the default 1st Text box on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin D "Kevin D." <KevinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF2CEF17-ADA7-4253-8CDD-DB2AC3DD5117@microsoft.com... > I have a form on which I'm using my own record selector buttons to move > between records. I...

Extract text content from MS office files
Hi, I want to extract text content MS-OFFICE documents like word, ppt, xls... Plz gimme some tips. Regard Jack ...

Make text boxes the same height
I have 3 seperate text boxes that are side by side on a report, they vary in height and can grow, I want to put a solid box around each but I want them all to default to the tallest so as they look uniform when printed. I have spent a long time looking at other posts and trying some OnPrint event procedures but with no luck so far. I hope someone can help, thanks in advance Open your report in Design View and right click on your textbox and open the properties. Under the Format tab you will see a Width and Height field. These are the fields to adjust your textbox. If you hold down the ...

Combining & formatting cells with text
I have imported data from another application, SAP, into a spreadsheet. There are 2 or more cells per row that contain text. I want to combine them into one cell with wrapped text to be able to read easier or I would like to export all of the text cells to Word without having it separated into separate cells in word. Any help would be appreciated. Bob In C1 enter =A1 & " " & B1 Copy C1 and(in place)Paste Special>Value>OK>Esc. Set wrap text on C1. Delete A1 and B1 if you want to. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:28:18 -0800, "Bob" &...

how do I make the first three rows repeat on top of every page?
I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide and 100 to 200 rows long. I am printing in landscape mode on letter size paper. I want the first three rows of the very first page to repeat at the top of each new page that gets printed. So every time there is a page break it will re-insert the top three rows before continuing with the row sequence? Ok,,, so I am a newbe :o) Thanks for any help. StardustDave. Hi Dave Have a look at Page Setup/Sheet/Rows to repeat box HTH Michael "StardustDave" wrote: > I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide...

Merge text stacked upon an object into one picture?
I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? What version Publisher? Group the objects, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chiefhollis" <Chiefhollis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:901225A7-9A8E-4046-BF7A-5FF17E06CB6D@microsoft.com... >I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text > boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? It ...

Strike through text in Publisher 2003
I'm new to this product- how do I get strike through text? I've tried importing a style from Word but the formatting gets stripped out. Any help appreciated to meet a deadline! Microsoft decided you no longer needed Strike-through and removed it. Who do you think you are questing the decisions Microsoft make in your interest, and secondly, do you honestly really expect software programs from the same company to be compatible - unbelievable if you do and also believe in quality control. -- MSN supports racism and discrimination against indigenous Australians and Chinese. "I...

insert blank line when text changes
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to write a macro or something else... so while scrolling down a list everytime the text changes (in this case a name) a blank line would be inserted. Hi try the following macro. It tests column A and inserts a blank row if the values change Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "A").Value <> Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Ent...

Calculating page/report sums using calculated data from subquery
Here is a scenario from my report: The report will grab data with a main query into a parent row Depending on the data, a child row may exist, if it does the report will display it The child row will use data from the parent row in order to do a calculation in the child All of this works just fine and the report data is correct. Now, what I am having issues with is doing the page/report sum calculations. The requirements dictate that I need to create a sum of both the parent column and also the child column in the totals. I have been trying to do this all day and cannot see...

How do I center my web page in publisher
I created a web page in publisher but it puts it to the right of the screen. How can I center it so it will show up in the center of the screen. Philip Philip wrote: > I created a web page in publisher but it puts it to the > right of the screen. How can I center it so it will show > up in the center of the screen. > > Philip RIght - you sure? All Publisher sites align to the left. And in answer to your question, TTBOMK you can't. Though I'm sure Davd B will tell you otherwise. www.davidbartosik.com/faq.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: ww...

Printing a report to fit on one page
How do I do this PLEASE. It keeps wanting to fit it onto 4 pages, regardless of how much I shrink the size of the report. How do I copy the MS word "fit to one page" function?? -- Thanks! mass I haven't tried this with Money yet, but I usually set my print driver to "fit-to-page" when I experience a program that doesn't seem to allow that function on its own. "mass" wrote: > How do I do this PLEASE. It keeps wanting to fit it onto 4 pages, regardless > of how much I shrink the size of the report. How do I copy the MS word "fit &...

Flashing Text
How can I make a text flash RED when say a cell is negative? :confused: j ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't think you can, and why ever would you want to? It would drive people nuts, and is not a good design principle. You could make the background or foreground red by using Conditional Formatting. You will find it under the Format menu. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from t...

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

Limited Access Pages
Is it possible to create web pages in Publisher that have a limited access group, i.e. that certain viewers cannot see? Just guessing here, don't post a hyperlink to the page. Give the URL to the folks you want to see it. These type questions are best asked in the web design group, the below will setup the Microsoft newsgroups in your newsreader. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sheerhell" <Sheerhell@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

HITB Reset Tool Data Integrity has 38 pages of errors
I ran the inventory reconcile in the reset tool, then the data integrity and have 38 pages of error "open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped." I checked one of the items in the IV10200 table and see that there is a 0 value for some of the records. How could an item have NO valuation method for a few records? This is a required field. The dates of these few records falls in the middle of the other data that has values. We've never changed our valuation methods, so is it safe to set these zeros to 1 to match our item card (ie FIF...

How do I find and replace a question mark in Excel?
I have a range of cells with a single question mark ?, Y or N. I can't filter with the question mark since Excel thinks it's a wild card. I wasn't aware of this when I set up the spreadsheet. So I would like to replace the question marks with something else, but this still presents the same problem. How can I specify that I mean a question mark and not a wild card? Thanks. use ~? instead and this will tell Excel to look for a ? as a ? and not as a wildcard. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 9...

Delete Pages in Publisher 2003
Is there a way to delete many pages at once (More than 2) from a Publisher Doc? This solution was posted by eezzell. I delete multiple pages using a macro First, make a copy of your publisher document. Then, in your copy, create a macro with a name like deletepages. For example to delete pages 10 to 40 you would run this macro: Sub deletepages() Dim firstpage, lastpage As Long firstpage = 10 lastpage = 40 For i = firstpage To lastpage ThisDocument.Pages.Item(firstpage).Delete Next End Sub The first time I tried this, I used the line ThisDocument.Pages.Item(i).Delete forgetting that after a...

How to replace Character *
I have an excel spreadsheet with a detailed listing of data. I am onl interested in the totals by category. The totals are given after detailed listing with * being the row identifier. Is there anyway I ca replace the character * with total. I cannot do a search and replace a it replaces the complete data in the sheet. I need this for a vlookup where I will concatenate the * anothe identifier. The Vlookup chokes because it cannot handle the character. Any ideas or some advice for a workaround? Thanks a lot! S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Replace what ~* precede an...

Using ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender in a content page
In Default.aspx I want to move a Table that is in the .Master file. I tried the following even though I didn't expect it to work; and it didn't. <%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/Main.master" %> <asp:Content ID="Content0" ContentPlaceHolderID="TopImageCPH" runat="Server"> <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/> <ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender ID="AnimationExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="Master.TableTop"> <Animations> <...

Missing email content, body text, from etc
I have one user on our exchange 5.0 system thats having some weird problems. We have a exchange 5.0 box that handles internal mail. We also have pop accounts with our ISP. In the client (Outlook 2000) I get the pop account to drop all the pop email into the exchange mailbox. Everything seems to be working okay from inside the network. We have another building with computers setup. This computers (XP) have a vpn connection and outlook XP set up the same as it would be on the internal network. Users connect via the vpn connection and then open outlook. It shows their exchange box and also coll...

React on page deletion
Hi all, my drawings contain a table of contents. I would like to automatically update this table of contents in case the user deletes a page. Can anybody show me how I detect that the user deleted a page (perhaps with some example code)? My trials failed ... Thank you in advance. Regards, Michi ...

Multiple selection in the page area of a pivot table
Is there any way i can have multiple selection check boxes in the page area of a pivot table? ...

Convert number to text
I have a cell with a number in it 1-10 I want to convert that to text like person1 - person10. I have tried all sorts of formula but not quite got there yet. Any ideas fellas? Thanks in advance. Hi, try ="Person"&" "&TRIM(LEFT(F8,FIND("-",F8)-1))&" - "&"Person"&" "&MID(F8,SEARCH("-",F8)+1,3) "Brookyboy" wrote: > I have a cell with a number in it 1-10 > I want to convert that to text like person1 - person10. > I have tried all sorts of formula but not quite got t...

In query how to write group into the same minute? Export to text file?
Hi How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the same minute compressed into that minute (and the analysis will be done in other fields, like: first, high, low, last, sum). And how can I export the result from a query into a testfile? Regards Rolf On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:05:00 +0100, "Rolf" <rolfe@algonet.se> wrote: >Hi >How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from >witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the ...

Outlook 2003: How to read emails in HTML, Rich Text or Plain Text?
Gurus, Some of my users are running Outlook 2003 and others Outlook 2007. Where do I tell them to go if they want a choice to read emails in HTML, Rich Text or Plain Text while NOT using Word as an email editor? -- Spin You typically read email in whatever format it's sent in (unless you actively choose to read the items in Plain Text). "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:6rc6vnFillqU1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Some of my users are running Outlook 2003 and others Outlook 2007. Where > do I tell them to go if they want a choice t...