Renaming Worksheet: Error message: "Reserved Name"

Hi,

I'm working on a history test currently and wanted to name one of my sheets
in excel "History", and I got an error message: "History is a reserved name."
I'm just curious, what does that mean, and why is that?

Carley

(Also, I don't know why my display name is "thank you!", but it is...)
0
Thankyou (2)

Used by Tracking,  High Light changes
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm
---
HTH,

"thank you!" <thankyou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C6742E0-99EA-48E5-87FB-0B75550A37A6@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a history test currently and wanted to name one of my sheets
> in excel "History", and I got an error message: "History is a reserved name."
> I'm just curious, what does that mean, and why is that?
>
> Carley
>
> (Also, I don't know why my display name is "thank you!", but it is...)

Renaming Worksheet: Error message: "Reserved Name"
Hi, I'm working on a history test currently and wanted to name one of my sheets in excel "History", and I got an error message: "History is a reserved name." I'm just curious, what does that mean, and why is that? Carley (Also, I don't know why my display name is "thank you!", but it is...) Used by Tracking, High Light changes http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://w...

Reserved names in Excel
Does anybody know a list of predefined names in Excel ? I know names like Print_Area and Print_Titles, but are there more? Regards There's another called FilterDatabase (from data|filter|Autofilter). And probably lots more. Get this name manager by Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson). You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp Then open this addin and run it against a workbook that you've used a lot. You might see lots of stuff that you never knew about. Hans wrote: > > Does anybody know a list of predefined n...