Renaming columns A B C D E... Possible?

Hello,
My husbands work uses Excel 97 SR-1  Can we rename the
columns where it lists them as A B C D E F? Where we have
figured out to name them under the alphabet columns when
we scroll down it scrolls up out of sight so we dont have
a visual to tell us which column is which info. If we can
rename them how?

Thanks in advance

0
PixiMoon (1)

columns and tabs
I am trying to create a page in Publisher that would have two columns but within each column it would have two tab stops. I would like to fill the column vertically so that it will fill the left hand side first and then start at the top of the right hand side. I was able to create the columns and tab stops in the left hand column but when I pressed "tab", it would jump to the right hand column. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Gail gailrolfe wrote: > I am trying to create a page in Publisher that would have > two columns but within each column it would have two tab >...

Internet e-mail Accounts
Does Outlook support other Internet e-mail accounts like ones for yahoo.com lycos.com Juno.com. Can I chech my e- mail account form these guy so I don't have to stick wiht Hotmail.com. well if you have POP3 and SMTP server address, you can configure that in Outlook Rajiv. "ATL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:088d01c3b846$d3af04f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does Outlook support other Internet e-mail accounts like > ones for yahoo.com lycos.com Juno.com. Can I chech my e- > mail account form these guy so I don't have to stick wiht >...

Colour Grouping of Columns
Excel 97 Is there a way to colour the columns in a chart depending on their numerical range. For example: Say we have a series of values from 0 through 100 represented in the column chart. I would like 0-25 to be one colour, 26-50 to be another, etc etc. Is this possible? Any advice gratefully appreciated. WSF WSF, Yes, you can do so by setting up various ranges with IF statements and multiple culumns. Please see Jon Peltier's discussions on conditional charting: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalC...

Message headers, attachments, and the message body may be lost in Outlook 2003 when you reply to an e-mail message that contains a References header that exceeds 1,000 bytes
Hi All Refer to below hot fix, just wonder which microsoft patches can fix below issue, as installing the hot fix manually is killing http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B947350&x=11&y=10 thanks ...

2008 domain controller rename
i recently renamed a one of my 2008 domain controllers. everything seems to be working correctly but when i have a look at the spn's either from adsiedit or setspn -l it shows both old and new server name records. i manually deleted the old name spn's but they came back. i renamed a total of 2 and both are doing the same thing. neither one is a fsmo holder Howdie! RC schrieb: > i recently renamed a one of my 2008 domain controllers. everything > seems to be working correctly but when i have a look at the spn's > either from adsiedit or setspn -l it shows ...

Problem with Column Chart on 2 Axis
I have two series, A and B, and 3 values for each series. When I create a side by side column chart, right click the second series and choose Format Data Series > Axis > Secondary the two series overlap in one space; why did I lose the side by side appearance and how might I get it back? TIA for any ideas. Excel effectively treats the two series as two independent charts. If you still want the series side by side, make dummy series and make these transparent without borders so you don't see it effectively. Change the series order as appropriate. GL, Henk "headly"...

Within CRM, use Outlook, instead of the standard e-mail-activity
From within CRM, is it possible to open Outlook on ALL new e-mail activities in CRM (instead of using the default web-based form) ? The default web-based form is great, however I'd perfer to use Outlook itself, for all my mails. I know, I can start a new mail from outlook and assisgn it to a CRM-object from within the Outlook-client. However, since we have a lot of contacts and accounts, we often find a contact, by selecting the account first, or else by usage of the Advanced Search feature. Therefore, I'd like to start this mail from within CRM itself, but then use Outlook, in...

Automatically Break Multiple Rows to Two Columns
I have a long list of rows in Excel, consisting of 2 columns (Column A: Item & Column B: Quantity), as shown in the example below: A B --------------- Item Qty --------------- AAA 12 BBB 130 CCC 14 DDD 150 EEE 22 FFF 230 GGG 333 I want to automatically break the long list of rows at every Nth row into another 2 columns (Column E & F). Example as shown below: A B E F ------------------------------- Item Qty Item Qty ------------------------------- AAA 12 FFF 230 BBB 130 GGG 3...

Using anonymous e-mail address
I notice that many of you have one word newsgroup addresses (Frank, Bill, Susie, and so forth) in groups. My actual address was harvested by spammers. I'd like to use an anonymous address, too. How can I emulate your anonymous IDs? Noted that your news posts properties show your IDs appear as "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" How can I do this just for newsgroups? I want to keep my email address intact for e-mail. Am using Outlook 2000 for e-mail and Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups on Win XP Home PC. Thanks in advance. Joseph, The email address that you see that are ma...

80 column receipt
Does anyone know how to customize the 80 column receipt format to fit in a #9 style evelope so that the address appers in the window. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Anthony ...

how can I setup outlook 2000 for e-mail. I have Verizon as a host
Unable to setup Outlook express to be use an e-mail. I have account with Verizon.net. Thanks. Lulu. "louis.lulu" <louis.lulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87ED9C82-F385-4105-9974-026FF02E76A4@microsoft.com... > Unable to setup Outlook express to be use an e-mail. > I have account with Verizon.net. > Thanks. > Lulu. > One: contact Verizon for the right settings Two: This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. F...

How to include sound in your e-mail message
Has anyone been able to include sound in your Outlook 2002 e-mail message? If so, how? Please respond to my e-mail at renate.laine@montgomerycollege.edu Thank you. For those of your friends who will not be irritated by your inclusion of unnecessary stuff in an email message: Turn on using Word as the email editor. Activate the Web Tools Toolbar - use the insert sound button. Take me off your mailing list ;) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ...

Excel column width
Why does the column width changes when I reopen a perfectly formatte saved Excel spreadsheet? Some columns invariably narrows and I then g through the process of widening them again. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Regards :confused -- gord ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gordy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26780 Are you using xl97? There have been lots of posts complaining that sometimes xl97 won't keep the col...

Printing column headings in Excel
Hi, This should be easy to do, but I can't work out how..... I have a simple Excel spreadsheet all on one sheet. When printed it covers several pages. I would like to have a heading printed on each page to indicate what each column is. I can make this happen by inserting a 'heading' to the row immediately following a page break. Can Excel print my headings without me having to manually insert each one after the page breaks ? Thanks, Colin "File->Page Setup->Sheet" Under "Print Titles" set the "Rows to repeat at top" to your heading row ($1:$...

line column Pivot Charts

is it possible to find the arctan of an angle in Excel or an add .
"JmcD" <JmcD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D870C84B-7B0E-479F-A0CE-23230AC24CE1@microsoft.com... >nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject as it gets truncated like yours has Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm You can use the ATAN function. Note that all trig functions in Excel work with Radians, not Degrees. Thus, you may need to use the RADIANS function to convert degrees to radians or DEGREES to convert radians to degrees. E.g., =DEGREES(ATAN(A1)) returns the number of degrees of the a...

Publisher 2007 E-mail Merge Problem
Hi, hoping someone can help. I'm trying to use the great e-mail merge function in Publisher 2007. I build the e-mail and pull the data from Access. The e-mail preview looks perfect and everything is merged, but when I send the e-mail none of the fields merge. The e-mail that gets sent from Outlook doesn't include any of the merged data, but shows the merge field names. Any ideas? I can't figure it out. What am I missinge here? ...

FRX
My report has 5 column, column A - DESC column B - dept 1 column C - dept 2 column D - dept 3 column E - B+C+D for one of the row (percentage), I need to calculate for each column, the percentage of that column as compare to the total (column E), how can this be done. thks for any advice offered. In the row format, you would enter: B=(B/E/100), C=(C/E/100), ... Depending on what you are doing in the row format you may have NP rows. The sample company, Fabricam, has examples of this, under the cash flow statement and the budget. "HFLo" wrote: > My report has 5 column,...

Word as e-mail editor #7
Hello, Please help me with this problem. Recently when I reply to an eMail Word 2003 doesn't open. A window on the screen shows: "Starting Microsoft Word 2003 as your e-mail editor." The system then hangs and I have to Delete Task. Everything else in Outlook appears OK. I don't recall changing any configurations recently. Updates to Outlook and Windows XP Home are up to date. Regards, Hugh I am having this same problem. It just started tonight. Did you get yours resolved? If so, how? -- jan "positivethoughts" wrote: > Hello, > > Please h...

Is it possible to host 2 email domains on 1 Exchange 2003?
Is there a way to host 2 email domains (@abc.com & @xyz.com) on 1 Exchange 2003 Server? If there is, can someone point me to a document that will walk through the process of accomplishing something like this. Thanks in advance for your support. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268838/en-us TD wrote: > Is there a way to host 2 email domains (@abc.com & @xyz.com) on 1 Exchange > 2003 Server? If there is, can someone point me to a document that will walk > through the process of accomplishing something like this. > > Thanks in advance for your support. -- Text fro...

Create a new column using information from separate columns
Hello! Another question that I posted under Access, I hope this is the right place to ask this. I have a little bit of a problem, and I wasn't able to find the solution anywhere. I have column A "Title" that is linked with column B "Day of the week". Each title can have 1, 2 or 3 days of the week (which will then be column C, D, etc). It looks like this: TITLE DAY1 DAY2 DAY3 Math Mon Tue History Tue Fri Mon English Wed Mon How can I create a new column that lists all the "titles" that appear on Monday and a separate column fo...

How to go to next row first column
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When entering data In the 2004 version, when I hit Return, the cursor would go to the next row and the 1st column of the spreadsheet. Now I can't seem to make it do that in the 2008 edition. In Preferences I have the option to choose after pressing RETURN move Left, Right, Up, or Down. I want to go to the first cell in the next row. How do I do that? This 'feature' isn't one that can be turned on/off, & AFAIK it works in 2008 exactly as in previous versions. However, this is one of tho...

p.c. office names truncated
i'm using office.v.x still. so, i dont know if this applies to office 2004 or not. but, i can't afford to upgrade just yet. that said, i often receive word files from p.c. users with very long names...often 30 or 40 characters long. the files are part of a project and get longer and longer as the project progresses. often, the only way to tell one file from another late in the project is by the last 4 or 5 characters of the filename. when i save these attachments to my harddrive, usually the names get truncated to something like "SMBAProjectTraningFilesVersionXAM-1412...doc"...

View employees e-mails
Our HR needs to have access to every users e-mail boxes to make sure they comply with company policies for e-mail usage (Medical office HIPAA compliance). When we were running exchange 2000 we could view users e-mails by login on locally to the exchange server open the virtual directory for exchange M: and open all users mailboxes and read their e-mails, how can I accomplish this on exchange 2003 at the server level for IT admin and also at user level for the HR dept. what we need is way to read these e-mails without the user knowing that the e-mails were opened for review. Thanks, On...

unable to send or receive e-mail
unable to send or receive e-mail. problem began first as a send issue, now both send/receive. operating from hotel dsl. help Contact the Hotel DSL Help desk. We can't help you. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, charlied asked: | unable to send or receive e-mail. problem began first as a send | issue, now both send/receive. operating from hotel dsl. help ...