Renaming Column Headings

One of my users have managed to change the column headings from A B C D etc
to 1 2 3 4.  Now they can not remember what they did to change them.  I've
looked through teh help and on Google, but found very little.  Any ideas?

If you want to email a reply, could you send it to
phillworboys@TROUSERSschofields.com, remembering, of course to remove
TROUSERS first!

Thanks for you help in advance!

PJ.
80)

Hi

tools / options / general - untick R1C1 reference style

Regards
JulieD

"PJ" <phillworboys@GLASSESlycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> One of my users have managed to change the column headings from A B C D
> etc
> to 1 2 3 4.  Now they can not remember what they did to change them.  I've
> looked through teh help and on Google, but found very little.  Any ideas?
>
> If you want to email a reply, could you send it to
> phillworboys@TROUSERSschofields.com, remembering, of course to remove
> TROUSERS first!
>
> Thanks for you help in advance!
>
> PJ.
> 80)

0
JulieD1 (2295)
1/31/2005 2:54:35 PM
<Tools> <Options> <General> tab,
And *Uncheck*
"R1C1 reference style"
--

HTH,

RD

"PJ" <phillworboys@GLASSESlycos.co.uk> wrote in message
One of my users have managed to change the column headings from A B C D etc
to 1 2 3 4.  Now they can not remember what they did to change them.  I've
looked through teh help and on Google, but found very little.  Any ideas?

If you want to email a reply, could you send it to
phillworboys@TROUSERSschofields.com, remembering, of course to remove
TROUSERS first!

Thanks for you help in advance!

PJ.
80)

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
1/31/2005 2:58:21 PM
Thanks for your help!  I now have a happy user!

PJ.
80)

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> tools / options / general - untick R1C1 reference style
>
> Regards
> JulieD
>
> "PJ" <phillworboys@GLASSESlycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> > One of my users have managed to change the column headings from A B C D
> > etc
> > to 1 2 3 4.  Now they can not remember what they did to change them.
I've
> > looked through teh help and on Google, but found very little.  Any
ideas?

> > If you want to email a reply, could you send it to
> > phillworboys@TROUSERSschofields.com, remembering, of course to remove
> > TROUSERS first!
> >
> > Thanks for you help in advance!
> >
> > PJ.
> > 80)

you're welcome and thanks for the feedback - oh, just a note - in my
experience, most of them don't stay happy for long! :)

> Thanks for your help!  I now have a happy user!
>
> PJ.
> 80)
>
> "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> tools / options / general - untick R1C1 reference style
>>
>> Regards
>> JulieD
>>
>> "PJ" <phillworboys@GLASSESlycos.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > One of my users have managed to change the column headings from A B C D
>> > etc
>> > to 1 2 3 4.  Now they can not remember what they did to change them.
> I've
>> > looked through teh help and on Google, but found very little.  Any
> ideas?
>> >
>> > If you want to email a reply, could you send it to
>> > phillworboys@TROUSERSschofields.com, remembering, of course to remove
>> > TROUSERS first!
>> >
>> > Thanks for you help in advance!
>> >
>> > PJ.
>> > 80)

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Vlookup with variable column reference
Help! I am trying to link two workbooks with a vlookup that searches for the last populated columns' entry in a range (see example below). 27/03 28/03 29/03 30/03 31/03 Data 6 4 Is there a way of doing this in a function? In a macro I would use the Range().End(xltoleft) code but I cannot figure out how to do something similar in a worksheet function. I basically want the lookup column to start at day 31 and make its way backwards until it finds a value. Another issue is that the seemingly blank cells contain formula - ie. not empty. Any ideas? Thanks!! Jen 1 ...

variable column names in a report
i have an application where the user can enter self selected column names which then in turn are added to a table... application works fine. however, when it comes to reporting, how do i go about adding those self entered columns in a report? any help would be appreciated Do you actually need this in a report or can the results be pushed to Excel for printing? -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP Help me support UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "k2sarah" <k2sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56B6FD1-2F5B-45D5-8760-A61E3CA41495@microsoft.c...

Hide Cell Content if no data in previous columns
I've made this work many years ago but now can't remember how. I have a job invoice to where the rate is 40.00/hour. This 40.00 is used in calculation to determine the total amount of pay owed. (20 hours worked * 40.00/hour). The boss requires that the hourly rate be shown for each job on the invoice, so that means it is in a column to where the amount is repeated all the way down. All I want is for the contents of that particular column NOT to show (show as blank), if no job has been entered. In other words, if there is no data entered on that particular row, hide the cont...

Copy one Column Across One Row
Hey guys, I would like to take one column of data and copy it across one row., so, I want the data to go left to right across the spreadsheet instead of top to bottom. If you have a suggestion to solve this, macro or whatever, could you please email it to me at: krea@dslextreme.com thanks, kevin rea Kevin If the column contains no more than 255 rows of data(256 if you are pasting below row 256) you can copy it and select B1 and Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:23:46 -0700, <krea@dslextreme.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > &g...

Totals in Stacked Column?
I can't display the totals in a stacked column chart. I'm trying to show the total amounts for each column but the data labels only apply to each series. Never mind - Andy Pope's website had the answer. "EllenM" wrote: > I can't display the totals in a stacked column chart. I'm trying to show the > total amounts for each column but the data labels only apply to each series. ...

How and where rename tab's name?

Domain rename in windows 2008 parent can child
Hi, I have two root domain controller sat.au.local. The first root dc that contains all 5 roles has a CA Authroity installed and configured. I have two child domain controller sf.sat.au.local I have an exchange 2007 which is under sf.sat.au.local and an edge server 2007. I have file server running windows 2008 and two other machine running windows 2003 part of the child domain. How do I perform a Domain renamed in this case? As far as I know there have been no major changes when moving from 2003 to 2008. So I would follow the step by step instructions (Trial ...

Creating Labels, Missing Column
I'm trying to create address labels. In my file I have the columns for "Street Address", "City", "State", "Zip Code" and "Country". The street address does not show up in the window to select what info I want on the label. Anyone know how to fix this??? Hi In your table you "may" have IDfield, 1stName, 2ndName, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code and Country. Create a query based on the table. Bring all the fields in the query and create a calculted culumn with something like Capital: Left([1stName],1) Create a new re...

Clustered column graph with mixed data in 2nd column
I'm trying to create a clustered column graph with mixed data in the 2nd column and I cannot find a way to do it. Any suggestions? What's "mixed data"? Do you mean you want to build a stacked column for the second column in the cluster? If so, look here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "drhatt" <drhatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:648BC5CE-4DE9-433C-A824-325B6995D...

How to update a portion of rows and columns between two files
I have a Master file with 20 columns of data for each of approximately 700 rows. Each month, I receive an update file that I need to use to update 10 columns of data for 3/4 of the rows in my Master file. There is a unique identifier in each file. Not all rows in the update file will be copied into the Master file and not all rows in the Master file will have updates. What is the best way to do this? I am familiar with VLookup. Shall I write aVLookup for each of the 10 columns in each row that need to be replaced so that I can grab the cell from the new file? Or, is there an easier way? ...

Columns on wrong side
When I open a book in excel, why is column A in Excel on the right side of the sheets, meaning it looks like this: P-O-N-M-L-K-J-I-H-G-F-E-D-C-B-A How do I change it to look the normal way from left to right when I open a new book in excel? Hi Seems you have set Excel to read from Right to Left - as is done in Arabic language. To set it right Go to menu Tools->Options Choose the International Tab In Right-to-Left Default direction choose Left-to-Right The order of column will be A-B ... Regards Sukhjeet "Drew" wrote: > When I open a book in excel, why is column A in Exce...

Any way to change the day headings in Calendar?
At the moment each column (in week view) is headed by the date in the format '16 September'. Can I alter that to show 'Thurs 16 Sept' or something similar? Also, can I have a bold heading for today's column? -- Murphy's ultimate law is that if something that could go wrong doesn't, it turns out that it would have been better if it had gone wrong. GB wrote: > At the moment each column (in week view) is headed by the date in the > format '16 September'. Can I alter that to show 'Thurs 16 Sept' or > something similar? Also, can I...

Checkbox column #2
Hi, How do I create a checkbox column to contain boolean values ? Regards Bo "Bo Rasmussen" <krogenlund@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OtsOMgl6DHA.3648 @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > How do I create a checkbox column to contain boolean values ? > Excel doesn't support this directly. To get a checkbox you need to use VBA Forms or OLE controls, create a bunch of checkboxes, then link them to the cells. Check out View/Toolbars/Forms and View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox. Could you describe in more detail what you're looking for? -- My email address has an extra @ (s...

Wrapping text in column
In Excell 2007, how do you set a column to wrap text? I tried it and even though it seems to allow me to do it when I select column and check wrap text from Format Cells, it doesn't work. It only works when I select one cell and select wrap text. This is a bit irritating as I have many cells in a column to do this to. Thanks, Tom I find that this happens when I paste from Word. If I have the fields set as Vertical/Top and Wrap Text - then I paste any data from Word, it goes to Vertical/Bottom and NOT wrap text. If I paste data from my Textpad program that spans multiple line...

Rename files
Hi How to rename all files in a directory changing string BLABLA to BLUBLU Thanks in advance On Jan 20, 3:06=A0pm, "bob123" <bob...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > How to rename all =A0files in a directory > changing string BLABLA to BLUBLU > > Thanks in advance Is this a recurring task, or just a one time thing? If it's just a one time thing, try opening a command prompt in the desired folder and issuing a REN command, as in ... ren "BLABLA*.*" "BLUBLU*.*" Otherwise doing it in VBscript is messy (unless it...

Renaming forms tables and reports
Is choosing "save as" and making a copy and removing the original the only way to rename a report, table, or form? I started with the Issues template but I want to change the names of the objects. I can right click and rename the shortcuts in the navigator window, but the name doesn't change and the references are still under the old name. I do not want my shortcut to be a different name than the reference name because then there will be confusion for database maintenance. I've also tried renaming the objects in their properties window, but I couldn't find a na...

How do I make multi column stacked graphs in Excel
-- Ed Hi, See the links on Jon's page for Cluster Stacked charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Ed B wrote: ...

Subtotaling on column with IF statement results
I created a spreadsheet with one column having an IF statement - it calculates how much we should re-order per store based on what was sold. I asked it to subtotal for each store - the formula appears in the cell, but it does not calculate the subtotal. I tried saving the column as the values, but it still does not subtotal. When I typed in the numbers, it DID subtotal. What do I need to do so it will subtotal? Thanks for your help. -- STK By any chance are you importing the data from another application? Check out your numbers: does the cell contain an apostrophe and then the numb...

Continued stories
In my newsletter, I link text boxes so the story continues from page 1 to page 4. I would like to repeat the heading as well and then have the 'continued from pg?' text. The help menu doesn't provide answers when I look up 'text boxes' - can you help? -- Carol - Canada You will have to either type your heading or copy/paste. Do a couple of returns and type the heading. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carol" <carol@discussions.microsoft.ca> wrote in message news:50EF8511-AECF...

Can I batch rename new worksheets
Is there any way to create and name new worksheets using names in an existing database? or having created the sheets - to rename them in bulk?? TIA Hi Harry Try this one with the list in Range("A2:A100") of "Sheet1" Sub test() Dim cell As Range Dim WSNew As Worksheet For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A100").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) Set WSNew = Worksheets.Add On Error Resume Next WSNew.Name = cell.Value If Err.Number > 0 Then MsgBox "Change the name of : " & ...

Rename "Existing Products" in the NAV Folderlist in the Quote Form
Is it possible to Rename "Existing Products" in the NAV Folderlist in the Quote Form within te parameters of the SDK? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

Lines Between Columns
Publisher 2003 I have a newsletter page that is formatted to be double column. I want to place a 0.5 point line between the columns. Right clicking within the double columns then clicking on format text box>colors and lines then clicking the box in preview that is for the center line only nothing happens to the menu on the left. The "dashed", "style" and "weight " boxes are grayed out. Out of the six boxes shown there, the only two that activate the above quoted boxes are the two on the right of the bottom row (frame and frame with line down the middle). I ...

stop returning column headings from DB query
I put together a query to go against Oracle that returns a block of data to the spreadsheet. Is there an option somewhere to have the "Return Data to Excel" do so without also returning the column headings? I want the data only. thanks - Russ There are 2 places that you can change that setting..... 1)When you return data from MS Query the dialog where you select the location for the data has a Properties button. Click that button UNcheck: Include Field Names.......click [OK] Continue selecting the query destination OR 2)After the data has been pulled from Oracle Right-click...

Incrementing/decrementing column characters using only worksheet functions?
How can I increment and decrement column characters/letters using worksheet functions? I have a list of 5 characters corresponding to columns. The first character might be A, for column 1. How can I get the second character in the list to automatically configure itself to be B, the third C, the fourth D and the fifth E? That is, I want to set this up so that the second character is linked to the first, the third to the second and so on. That way if I change the first character from A to D then the second character in the list will automatically become E, the third will change to F, the f...

headings
I am trying to make a list of school kids. There are about 300 names and codes that will go in about 6 pages. I need to have the same heading in every page, so I don't have to guess in pages 2 thru 6 which column is what. I will have about 12 different columns with headings like: grade name eneter date etc... Please help. I started tryinh to use excel today. The tutorial did not help me. Thank you > I need to have the same heading in every page Say the headings are in row 1. Select cell A2, choose Freeze Panes from the Window menu. Row 1 will stay in view however far you scroll do...