Removing the : in the coment field

When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears.  I know this is meant for
the user name to appear but I don't want that.  In fact, I don't want the
colon to appear.  Currently I manually delete it from each comment I
insert...is there a way to turn that feature off so I merely type in text
without having that colon appear?...I am using Excel 2000

Thanks!
Kathy

0
Kathy1 (132)

You can use programming to insert comments with no user name. There is
sample code here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Reference field on account receivables says (Pending)
I have a problem on one of our client's environments. In HQ Manager when viewing customer account information and then clicking on receivable to view the account receivables, only one or two receivables are shown. The reference field does not show the correct reference field from the AccountReceivable table or from the Transaction table, but instead shows (pending). The data has been uploaded from the store and can be viewed in sql manager as well as by running the detailed accounts receivable report. Any help as to what the (pending) reference means and why the correct data is not...

Re-using MS CRM vanila fields
We thought to reuse some of the fields out of the box provided by MS CRM. For example on Account: shippingmethodcode, address2_freighttermscode, AddressName and ftpsiteurl. We hope to get the best MS CRM approach for reuse of fields. I know in other CRM packages this practice is well accepted unless the fields used by system. What would MS CRM approach? Thank you, Anatoly There is nothing wrong with using fields like these if you are not using them for anything else and also they are not system required type fields. I always recommend that in addition to your production Microsoft CRM sys...

HELP! REMOVING Human Interaction Proof (HIP) challenge
My Outlook 2007, via Verizon DSL using MSN as provider, has almost every email hit us with Human Interaction Proof (HIP) challenge: HOW DO I STOP THIS JUNK!!!???!?!? Both spouse & I have vision problems-and answer is NOT to use audio component!! What do I do to kill it?? Barry D The challenge is coming from MSN and not from Outlook. You'll have to contact MSN support to find out what is wrong with your account and why you are keep getting these prompts. You can also try the Windows Live community; http://windowslivehelp.com/community/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlo...

Statement Address Fields
How can I increase the distance between the store address and the customer address by .75 inches? I need this space in order for the addresses to show up in the window envelope. -- Mike R You have to edit ..\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Receipt Templates\Statement.XML You'd have to make quite a few changes to rearrange the addresses. I'd suggest you contact your reseller for help with this. You may want to check the Reports Library on Customer Source as well - I don't remember seeing any altered Statement templates, but there may be one. If you w...

Pivottable data field
I have noticed that when a field with no values is inserted in the layout as data, one of my pivottable shows this field as part of the pivottable, and on another it is excluded. Why the inconsistentcy? ...

After update Not update Text Field
I have created a subform based on a table. Within that table there is a product name field which retrives a list of product names and prices from the Products table. I to use the subform to enter product and then get it to automatically update the price field. I have read many entries about using after update to do this, but I just can not get it to work. I select the product in the drop down and nothing happens. I am pulling my hair out. The code I used was Me.Product_Price = Me.Product_Name.Column(2) Can any one help me John wrote: >I have created a subform based on a t...

Global wage data field for employee card
We are a new CAN GP Payroll user and find that having to change each pay code (REG, OT, etc) to their new wage without having it roll down from a master field very time consuming and poses potetial problems if a particular code is left out, calculated wrong, etc. Our previous payroll package was not as good as MGP overall but had a nice feature where changes to salary were made at the employee master card level and changes calculated and rolled down to each associated pay code type that was relevant for that empoyee. In MGP Payroll, if every employee in a company of 300 received a cha...

Signature for outlook removed
I set up a signature using the advanced edit so I could put a picture and I assign it to the email account but when I try to send an email I get an error saying my signature has been removed. Is that the entire error message? "Teresa McDonald" <Teresa McDonald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93267AE3-5B2C-45A3-85E4-F191B56DA27B@microsoft.com... > I set up a signature using the advanced edit so I could put a picture and I > assign it to the email account but when I try to send an email I get an error > saying my signature has been removed...

Macro to remove text
Could one of the resident macro experts kindly help me to do this please. There is text in column D of a worksheet. I want to remove anything that is in brackets, including the brackets. So this: A B C D -- -- --------------- ------------------------------------------- 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie (1941 version) 2 Q Artie Shaw (1941) Concerto For Clarinet (Parts 1 & 2) 3 R Artie Shaw Dancing In The Dark 4 S Artie Shaw Frenesi becomes this: 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie 2 Q Artie Shaw Concerto For Clarinet 3 R Artie Shaw ...

out look 2007 want to remove unwanted folders under my mail LF sid
Just installe office 2007 In Outlook how do I remove unwanted folders under my E mail address left side column? Thanks Ralph what are the folders called? are they in favorite folders or in mail folders / all mail items? You can't remove the default outlook folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

how to add a space in front of the text field?
Hi all,I would like to add a space in front of my text data.Old data:E67893456712345New data will be: E6789 34567 12345 Please help for that. Thanks,Blinda Hi Blinda,Noticed you started another string. I just posted a couple input masks to your previous post. I have tested both and they work fine. I provided two so that you can decide whether you want to type the decimal point when entering data or not. And, you will not need to add a space in front of your existing data.The only other question I have is whether you were trying to put the input mask into the field in the table, or on a for...

Outlook
Hi Guys, Please could I have some help with a little problem that I'm having with Outlook 2000 (Build 9.0.0.2711)? I have several accounts set up (all under one identity - different email addresses) and all of the mail is delivered into one Inbox. I would like to have a column at the top of the Inbox that tells me what account received the email. I have tried adding the "To" field to the display but this simply displays the email address (or addresses) that the mail was sent to and not which of my accounts received it. I have managed to find a way around this by using a...

Unbound Text field in continous form
Hi, I have tried looking in all the groups but cannot find an answer to this - i'm either blind or it's not obvious. I have a continous form which lists assets, each asset has multiple owners. I would like to display the owners details such as division and tel number in a text box on the same line as the asset. Currently if i add the owner it then double up the assets in the form. I hope you can help as it is driving me mad. Marc mrdonofrio, Since an Asset can have multiple owners, the owners can not be included in the Asset subform. Assets should be in one table , and owner...

Sum field N times
I would like to sum a specific cell N times. Is there a command to execute this? As I am VBA inept, I am hopeful it can be done without the use of VBA. Thank you. Hi =N*A1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sara Jane wrote: > I would like to sum a specific cell N times. Is there a > command to execute this? As I am VBA inept, I am hopeful > it can be done without the use of VBA. > > Thank you. ...

table based i one field splitted in 2 fields
Hi everyone, I have a txt file with product EAN and label quantity to print. 3564700010822 2 3564700010983 5 3564700422687 10 I have a form to print label quantity. What i pretend is "convert" the table in a 2 fields table or query like: ProductCode |Quantity 3564700010822|2 3564700010983|5 3564700422687|10 Any help is apreciated. -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:27:01 -0700, Emanuel Violante <EmanuelViolante@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Pivot Table
Would appreciate assistance with Calculated Fields in a Pivot table. I would like to perform a calculation which invovles a reference to the total of a field generated in a pivot table. I would like to calculate the average total sales for a sales team, by dividing each sales persons total sales, by the teams total sales. I have tried using the average function, but this only calculates each individuals average for each sales item. I cannot work out how to refer to totals generated by pivot tables in a formula. Can anyone assist? In a lot of cases you will not need a calculated fiel...

error when importing leads with customized fields
We are trying to import leads on crm 3.0. we have to custom fields promonal_originebd promonal_origine2 both varchar 100. then when we import the leads always are getting an error that say "can't import to lead because promona_originebd doesn't exist". But when we are binding the fields we can see the customized fields. any idea have you published your customizations? Dave "ernesto" <ernesto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C96F8897-BA37-4A00-8077-44F6840B5C32@microsoft.com... > We are trying to import leads on crm 3.0. we have to ...

Remove Unused Modules
We have recently upgraded to CRM 3.0 and really just use it as a database of our distributors and their customers. As a result we don't use the sales module and would really like to remove this from view on the web interface and also in Outlook. Does anyone know how to do this? -- Gav Gavin, you can do this within the sitemap. Export the sitemap and modify the xml and import your modifications. Tip: Make a copy before changing it!! Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu Gavin Kennedy wrote: > We have recently upgraded to CRM 3.0 and really just use it as a databas...

Query Syntax to determine if the value of one field is in other fi
Hi, I'm having a brain blip - in a query I would like to test if the value from one field (example: Field 1: "ANN" Field 2: "ANN SMITH") is contained in another field of the same table. If it weren't a field I would use LIKE. Thanks in advance. Bonnie OOPS - don't want to waste anyone's time - I figured it out. I made a calculated field in the query that is the result of INSTR(table.field1,table.field2) with the criteria >0 and it works fine. Thanks. "Bonnie" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having a brain blip - in a query I wou...

Remove Office 2004
How does one remove Office 2004? I am wanting to start fresh with a new install. -Dave > How does one remove Office 2004? There is an uninstall at Microsoft Office 2004 : Additional Tools : Remove Office ...

Any ways to go Palm to Outlook without losing custom fields in contacts?
Hi, I've tried to convert my pda phone data from palm desktop to outlook, however in the contacts some custom fields that I had created in palm desktop are not carried over to Outlook 2003, I used the method of syncing with palm desktop then reinstalled palm software to use outlook as the sync client and then syncing it again with the phone. Most of the data has been carried over, except custom fields e.g. I have some custom data regarding completion of contracts, no of properties owned by person etc, but they are not carried over. Any one done this before? Thanks, Julius Juliu...

Favorite Folder removal 03
Hi everyone, I need help. I can't figure out how to get rid of the "favorite folders" section in the folder view of Outlook 2003. Any ideas? Ok, I'm a doof. I messed around with the settings in the "go" and selected "folder list". Now it's gone, but I can't un-do it to test! ARgh!! >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, I need help. I can't figure out how to get >rid of the "favorite folders" section in the folder view >of Outlook 2003. > >Any ideas? >. > You can't. -- Sue Mosher, Outlo...

Field Service Anywhere: User Defined Fields/Labels
The 5 User Defined Fields should be setup to pull field lables from GP Field Service so that if you label the field in GP Field Service it reads the same way in FSA. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/N...

name of day and date in same field
Can the name of the day and the date go in the same field and be "date" field? Thanks. Hi Yes. Format the cell as dddd, dd mmmm yyyy to get Wednesday, 12 May 2004. This still has the date 'value' underlying it. -- Andy. "Ralph Smith" <rsmith@noemail.com> wrote in message news:40a239f8.4636937@news.microsoft.com... > Can the name of the day and the date go in the same field and be > "date" field? > > Thanks. ...

Importing Access DB into Excel changes my calculated fields in Exc
I currently have an Excel worksheet that imports data from MSAccess. I have calulated fields built into this Excel sheet that calculates info from the results that are returned. When I refreshed this new year, less data is returned and the calculated fields where there is no data returned are showing #REF!. How do I keep the calculated fields static so they don't try to change when new data is brought in and some fields are now blank? See example below. The calculated fields are Variance and Pct Change Columns Year Month Dollars1 Dollars2 Dollars3 Total Variance...