Removing Links?

Is there a global way to remove all links at one time in a
workbook or do I have to manually select each linked cell
and remove the link individually?  Any shortcut toward the
removal of links would be very helpful.  Thank you.

0
anonymous (74722)

2002 onwards - Edit / Links / Break Links
2000 previous - Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.xla from here:-

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--
Regards
                   Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL2K & XLXP

  Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"Mac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a global way to remove all links at one time in a
> workbook or do I have to manually select each linked cell
> and remove the link individually?  Any shortcut toward the
> removal of links would be very helpful.  Thank you.

---

ken.wright (2489)

click on the link in outlook 2003 notthing happens
When I click on the link in outlook 2003 nothing happens, Any ideal? Thanks huy nguyen <huy nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on the link in outlook 2003 nothing happens, Any ideal? What does "the link" mean? If you mean a URL, then try this: in IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Linked servers
Good morning, I'm looking for some direction in creating new Ms Access database that would have linked tables to MSSQL 2005 ent. and in addition would be able to take advantage of DB2 database that is linked in MSSQL. What I would like to do is look up some values in linked DB2 tables while user is creating record in MSSQL to validate it and then at the end of the batch(bunch of related records) I would "push" that batch to temporary processing table on Mainframe where DB2 folks would do something with these batches/records and send me a response back. I have creat...

E-mail links
After switching from my ISP dail up to cable I am unable to click on a link in outlook 2002. It opens the browser but does not fill in the address. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thankyou Do other URL links within the Windows environment (in a word doc, on the desktop etc) also result in this behaviour? I had something similar to this happening for many many months. It turned out a few DLL's had to be reregistered. I actually don't recall exactly what I did... I know urlmon.dll was one of them... but there were a few others in my case that needed to be registered. There are ...

Linking CRM/SQL Server to External Database
I am looking for information of someone to talk to about how to "link" data from an external non-SQL Server d/b to the CRM SQL Server d/b. In our case we need to link our Oracle ERP database to SQL server (CRM database) as it contains about half of the info we need in our CRM. We can obviously create an interface between the two db's and "load" the data periodically but what I would rather do is use ODBC to map / connect the data in the Oracle db to the schema in CRM/SQL server so we don't have duplicate data (I would really prefer to have the Oracle be ou...

Linking Non-Contiguous cells
I am trying to link different rows of data in Excel to a Visio diagram as labels. In Excel I have a document that has a header row with a multiple rows of data following. Each picture on my Visio diagram corresponds to a different row on the excel worksheet. So to link a lable to each picture in Visio I need the first row(header row) and the corresponding data row. In all but one, these rows are not going to be next to each other. I've tried to highlight the header row and the data row and use copy, paste special in Visio and it pastes every row between them instead of just the...

update links without other worksheet open?
All of a sudden my Excel 2002 will not open a workbook that contains links to other workbooks unless the other workbook is open. I get a dialog saying links could not be updated and to edit them. Any suggestions from anyone on how to change settings so the linked workbooks do not need to be open to update? Thanks. It kind of sounds like the linked workbook has moved (or been deleted). Any chance that it isn't there anymore? Something to try... With the workbook closed, Tools|Options|Edit tab Check "Ask to update automatic links" Then file|open your workbook. You shou...

Cells to link to "current workbook"
I have a spreadsheet that contains pricing that is calculated by referencing cells in various other workbooks saved under customer names (not at the same time). I need to create a macro that will allow me to easily link my pricing workbook to my customer workbooks. Any macro that I have tried to create to accomplish that limits itself to the workbook I pointed it to while creating it. Is there a way to write the code that can be flexible to reference any workbook and not specifically the workbook it originally referenced? Hope that made sense. I'm stuck. I've tried all kinds...

How do I remove the outline protection in Excel sheet?
When I use the sheet protection feature of Excel, I can not unprotect the outlining feature of the spreadsheet. I would like to protect some cells in the spreadsheet, but not disable the outlining expanding and collapsing feature. I am not asking to edit the outline. I just want to use the outlining features as a means to navigate large sheets. Currently, I have to unprotect the sheet in order to expand or collapse the outline. Is there a way to view a protected sheet with the outlining features enables? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code...

How do I add .htm to every link in a worksheet? Multiple hyperlinks+targets
I have about 500 hyperlinks in my worksheets. An example of 1 of th links = "..dvd/1994/940602" As you can see, i forgot to use the file extension i wanted to link t (*.htm) Is there a way to edit 500 links by automatically adding .ht to each one with out me going the manual route. i "..dvd/1994/940602.htm" Also how do i change the "_parent" to "main" so all the links open i the main window, and not just a new page. When i have the page saved as html, i can go in find and replace i wordpad which easily changes the links (searched on "target =...

No providers show with linked servers
We are trying to add a linked server on a SQL Server 2005 box. On all of our other boxes we have a list of providers. But on one particular server there are none. How do we add providers to the server. I do not want to reinstall because this is a production server. Any ideas? Mike (Mike@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > We are trying to add a linked server on a SQL Server 2005 box. On all > of our other boxes we have a list of providers. But on one particular > server there are none. How do we add providers to the server. I do not > want to reinstall because ...

HTML Link from OWA does not work in regular Outlook 2003
I have Exchange 2003 runnning on Windows 2000 server w SP4. Whenever I send someone a link through OWA to a website they cannot open it in regular outlook, but when they click on the link by logging in through OWA it works fine. I was wondering if someone can shed some light on this issue. Following is an example of a link: http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_1st/Jan05_KapaluaBayRedevelopment.ht ml The link above translate into the following: /exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_1st/Jan05 _KapaluaBayRedevelopment.html Thank you ...

Link to a good sample book chapter on Migrating exchange 2003
I'm not sure what the name of this book is because I got the link through a google search but I think it contains helpful information for people who are migrating exchange. Among other things, it went into some good detail on the Active Directory Connector and how it works. You could probably find similar info on MS white papers but not as easy to understand. http://www.aw-bc.com/samplechapter/032122874X.pdf ...

Remove decimal places from Discount Percent
I am modifying a blank invoice form with Report Writer in GP 10. I have created an integer calculated field that adds the Markdown Percent and the Trade Discount Percent for each line item. I have tried to format the field to remove the .00 from the displayed discount and only display the whole numbers (20%). I am not using the field for any other calculations. Anyone know how? You could change the calculated field format on the report layout to use DLR_RB0_STR. Just double-click on your field on the Report Layout window, click on the ellipses button next to format and chose from there...

Remove time portion from date on Excel 2007 chart
I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. Where does this appear? Which labels? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ NeoFax wrote: > I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date > in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores > whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Gray Left Pane in Add-Remove Program window
hi In Windows 2000 - Add Remove Program window has a left gray pane having different buttons. What is this control? Is it a tab control with some properties adjusted? How to implement it in a program? Regards Manu It's called a shortcut bar. http://www.codeguru.com/controls/outbar.shtml Ali R. "ManuN" <manun@cybage.com> wrote in message news:eNNoJJXyDHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi > In Windows 2000 - Add Remove Program window has a left gray pane having > different buttons. > What is this control? Is it a tab control with some properties adjusted? &...

Removing Downloaded "E" flag from transactions copied or added to Bills & Deposits
I have a couple of transactions that were downloaded from the bank that I have added to Bills & Deposits. However, each time the bill comes due and is added to the register, the "E" shows up in the cleared column and "Downloaded" appears in the transaction detail. The same is true if you wish to copy a transaction to another account. There appears to be no way to clear this indicator. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help. Bill, If I understand your correctly, you added the payments to Bills and Deposits from your account register after they were downloaded f...

remove voided trx
Hello, I have void trx ( financial General ) and I want to remove the voided trx to use journal entry number for another trx. ( I want to remove it completly from system) Thanks, Hi, So long as the transaction is in an open year, you cannot remove it. Once the year is closed, you can go to Tools>Utilities>Financial>Remove History. Even from here you cannot remove specific journal entries. It's either by date or period with an optional segment number range. I think there is no way to do what you are asking except to go to the tables directly and change the journal ent...

linking spreadsheet colour to chart
I have data that I must produce in a chart. Normally from a pivot table. The certain parts of the data are colour specific from an index. Is there anyway (other than filling the chart colours in manually) to link the data from the spreadsheet to the chart? ...

How can I find automatic links in an Excel-sheet?
I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic links so that I can delete them? Tobias wrote: > I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At > least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I > have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update th...

Remove WS_BORDER style from CEdit control by programmitically
void CMyEdit::PreSubclassWindow() { // Remove the WS_BORDER style DWORD dwStyle = ::GetWindowLong(this->m_hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE); if(dwStyle & WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) { ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,0); SetWindowPos(NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_DRAWFRAME | SWP_FRAMECHANGED | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOACTIVATE); } CEdit::PreSubclassWindow(); } Well, it would make a lot more sense to do this at design time. Also, you can use GetStyle and ModifyStyle and you don't need to revert to the GetWindowLong API (also, you don't need this->, since m_hWnd is unambiguou...

Quick Links on Home Page
If you set up a couple of custom quick links on your home page, is it being stored in a central location so that if you log in from a different computer (or in our case get connected to one of several GP app servers in our Citrix farm), you get the same home page? I am busy testing GP 2010 so this is new to me (we are in v9 currently). Also, is it possible to “copy” a home page to different users if you want to assign the same set of quick links to all of them? Thanks -- Pieter ...

VBA-recovering a broken link
Hi everyone, Lets assume we copied a range from excel and pasted it as a link in Word or PowerPoint , and we have the exact link string . Is it possible in VBA to recover the link using that string after we remove the link ? What I'm trying to do is to paste a range as a link then save the path and remove the link and whenever I need that specific object to be updated I restablish a link between target and source . I can easily do all the sateps in VBA except for the last part that I don't know how to establish a link between source and target using the the path . Any s...

OWA vs blocked extensions (level 1 remove)
Hi there, Is there a way to change the block list that OWA2003 uses to block certain types of attachments? In Outlook you can add a "Level 1 Remove" registry key, but what about webmail? thx a lot in advance, Serge Morabito "Serge Morabito" <morse@cipkmo.be> wrote in message news:OEk0FlBSGHA.1572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Is there a way to change the block list that OWA2003 uses to block certain > types of attachments? > In Outlook you can add a "Level 1 Remove" registry key, but what about > webmail? > > thx...

Removed/blocked attachments
When Outlook blocks access to an attachment, is it possible to access these files another way? Win2k3, Exch2k3, Outlook2k3 See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=829982 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Eirik" <bla@bla.bla> wrote in message news:O3$4DljoEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > When Outlook blocks access to an attachment, is it possible to access these > files another way? > Win2k3, Exch2k3, Outlook2k3 > > via OWA "Eirik" <bla@bla.bla> wrote in message news:O3$4...

Linking a sub report to a main report
I created a report and a sub report in design view in Access 2007. How do I link the two reports? I actually got the two reports to link now. However when the I print preview the report the area where the sub report is being added to the main report has a border around it. Is there anyway to remove the border? "Rodney Doucett" wrote: > I created a report and a sub report in design view in Access 2007. How do I > link the two reports? ...