Removing hyperlinks in Excel by multiplying by 1 is very obtuse

I just followed the Excel help directions for "Remove a hyperlink" ->
"Deactivate several hyperlinks at once". And while the directions work
(multiplying each field by 1), they strike me an obscure work around to a
rather obvious missing feature. It should be easy to remove hyperlinks from
text in Excel, especially because Excel is very agressive about auto-creating
hyperlinks when any text that resembles a web address is entered. Hopefully
this missing feature will be addressed in the next verison of Excel.
0
jakeb91 (1)

Hi
post your suggestion to:
mswish@microsoft.com

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"jakeb91" <jakeb91@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I just followed the Excel help directions for "Remove a hyperlink" ->
> "Deactivate several hyperlinks at once". And while the directions
work
> (multiplying each field by 1), they strike me an obscure work around
to a
> rather obvious missing feature. It should be easy to remove
hyperlinks from
> text in Excel, especially because Excel is very agressive about
auto-creating
> hyperlinks when any text that resembles a web address is entered.
Hopefully
> this missing feature will be addressed in the next verison of Excel.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/12/2004 6:58:14 PM
In xl2002 (not quite the newest Windows version), you can do this:

Tools|autocorrect options|autoformat as you type tab
uncheck internet and network paths with hyperlinks.

An alternative:
hit ctrl-a (twice in xl2003)
hit alt-f11 to go to the VBE
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type this in and hit enter.
selection.hyperlinks.delete
then alt-f11 back to excel

(Just select a range if you don't want to do the complete sheet.)

jakeb91 wrote:

> I just followed the Excel help directions for "Remove a hyperlink" ->
> "Deactivate several hyperlinks at once". And while the directions work
> (multiplying each field by 1), they strike me an obscure work around to a
> rather obvious missing feature. It should be easy to remove hyperlinks from
> text in Excel, especially because Excel is very agressive about auto-creating
> hyperlinks when any text that resembles a web address is entered. Hopefully
> this missing feature will be addressed in the next verison of Excel.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Excel Data Querry using criteria from Cell
Hello, I have created a data query in Excel using DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA - NEW DATABASE QUERY and then selecting Access and browsing to an query within an Access database. This query returns all data into excel, but I would like to limit the criteria based on what a user has typed into a cell in the Excel workbook. I thought this could be accomplished by clicking DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA then PARAMETERS but the PARAMETERS option is grayed out. I can select EDIT CURRENT QUERY, but this just brings me into the Microsoft query, where I don't see any options to query based on...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

publishing images with Excel workbook
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

How do I create a Cost Volume Profit Graph in Excel?
I was wondering if I could get some help on how to create a CVP graph in Excel 2007. A cost volume profit shows how costs, revenues, and profits vary with volume (sales). You can either plot total cost, or fixed and variable costs, which add up to total costs. One way to show this is to make a break-even chart. Put unit sales (number of items sold) in the first column, fixed costs in the second (which are a constant), variable costs in the third column (these are typically a straight line through zero), and in the fourth insert formulas that sum fixed and variable costs to make total ...

how can I split a single cell diagonally in Excel 2000
Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel cell diagonally in order to have it contain 2 pieces of information? Forrest, As far as I know, you can not split a cell diagonally so that it can contain 2 pieces of information. However, you can merge cells which might give you the effect that you want. To do so, go to the standard toolbar and hit Format -> Cells -> Alignment Tab -> Text Control and work with the merged cells option. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Forrest" wrote: > Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel ce...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

Mode Indicators in Excel?
A good example of a missing mode indicator one for whether th calculation mode is set to manual or automatic. Isn't there any othe way to find out other than going to the Tools>Options>Calculatio dialog? This has messed me up almost any time calculation gets set t manual. Another example is that trying to use stored Custom Views for filtere lists gives the error "Some view settings could not be applied" on som worksheets (usually complex ones), but works OK in others (usuall simpler ones). I know sheet protection is one thing that can caus this (which itself has no mod...

2 different types of data sets displayed on 1 graph
I have a district that I wish to show performance (sales)in the months from July to November and comapred this with 2004 and 2005. Now on top of this I want to display on the same graph a second variable say number of customers for each month and each year, in order to bring some greater relevance to the static bar graphs that I propose doing for the first part. So I have been assisted on this discussion group to have a bar graph that is set up with the months as rows and the 2004 and 2005 as columns for the sales data BUT how do I now display the second variable 'number of customer...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Auto Filter
When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when filtering. Is there any way of being able to accomplish this? Hi you may have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a workaround Frank Gail wrote: > When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list > will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 > unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when > filterin...

Excel cant SAVE added data?
This is a copy/paste with minor edits from post submitted yesterday ... Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) ... built in Excel 2000 (still Excel 2000) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. Anybody know what gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit i...

Coloured wheel of death with excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get a coloured wheel of death every time i use excel from office 2008, almost every time I type into a cell, for about 3 - 6 seconds. I've looked on here and there seems to be a lot of discussion about hp drivers, but I don't have an hp printer. I'm working in normal view. Can anyone help? First, be certain that both Office (12.2.3) & OS X (10.6.2) are fully updated. Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, then see if things improve after a restart of your Mac. If things are still ...

Removing the default root attributes when serializing
In an application I'm making I've got a config object which I would like to serialize to the XML format in a .config file which would then be loaded the next time the application starts up using Configuration class. I've got all the elements and attributes correctly named but the default namespaces that get added when an object is serialized are causing the program to crash when it loads the .config file. These are the attributes I mean - xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" I know there are easier ...

Excel cut/Paste Problem: Year changes after data is copy and paste
I am using Excel 2003, and here is the problem. I have an Excel sheet that contains financials. Different departments need different sections of the data, so I copy and paste out only those sections they need and paste it into a new Excel sheet. The colums are broken up into dates, and formated to show date-year (Dec-05). For some reason, when I copy and paste sections, the date will change, for example Dec-05 will change to Dec-01. I have to go thru and manually correct all the dates. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? . .. maybe the cells in the New worksheet are preset to a c...

EXCEL Decimal changes during WORD Merge
Why does Excel change 16 cents into .1599999 in a merge process Have not had this problem until we upgraded to 2003????? I have tried different cell formats in Excel Number - currency - accounting - custom - all with the 2 decimal places text - but rather not lose numeric functions (am re-entering figures by hand and using text format today to finish merged letters - - ugghhh!) Help? I have had a similar problem in previous versions of Excel as well, not just Office 2003. Is the data in Excel coming from an outside source like a non Microsoft database query? I run into this probl...

Event ID 5896 after upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0
As the subject, I upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0, and now everytime a mail passes through I get the following error in the Application Event: Source: CrmExchangeQueueServ Event ID: 5896 Description: An HTTP Status of '404 - Not Found' occurred while attempting to deliver a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'subject of mail' URL: 'http://servername/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' Checked the location above, and sure enough - there is no CrmEmail.srf file, so it throws a 404 error.. great, only - why is this file missing?!! I presume it didn&#...

extern template object in VC7.1
Hi, I have a templated object in foo.cpp as: AStrType<CERecordType> csiCERecordTypes( CERecordTypesStr, sizeof CERecordType ); And use it fine here. But now I wanted to use it in a second .cpp so I declared: extern AStrType<CERecordTypes::CERecordType> csiCERecordTypes; But this seems to mess the mangled name and the linker can't find it now. And yes, I tried it with the namespace qualifier in the definition. I'm getting around it by creating a second, 'csiCERecordTypes2' in the other cpp file, but that just isn't right. Thanks, Dan. "Dan B...

Copy/Paste with Hidden Rows/Columns Excel 2007
I am working with rather large & detailed spreadsheets. I have hidden rows and columns with supporting details that feed into the viewable results (formulas). I need to take the “zipped up” data and copy/paste to a new worksheet. When I paste the data, it appears with all of the hidden columns and rows visible one again. Is there any way to paste the zipped up data without the reappearance of the previously hidden rows and columns? Can you paste a link without all of the hidden data reappearing? Select range to copy which includes hidden rows and columns. F5>Special...

Excel XP automatic equals sign when formula bar clicked
In Excel 2000, you could click on a cell, then click on the formula bar and an equals sign would pop up in anticipation of a formula to be written. How can you make Excel 2002 duplicate this behavior? Hi Mike! This was removed from Excel 2002 onwards. The closest you'll get is: View > Toolbars > Customize Under the Insert list you'll find "=" Drag it to a toolbar near the formula bar. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. &q...

removing exchange2003
Following artical 839356 step 6, in which you delete the exchange container in active directory using ADSI. After doing so I restarted the server. Then went to my GC/DC and tried to access the Users and Computers snapin; it gave me a error that it could not connect to active directory,this was the same for sites and services etc. I restarted the server and tried again. Everything worked fine. I have two questions. What happened? Would the exchange 2003 setup.exe /removeorg do the same thing as the above mentioned artical. thx jason ...

Removing the title bar
Hello, I am developing an SDI application, based CFormView. I would like to prevent the user from moving the window around. How do I do that? Eitan Override OnNcHitTest; when you see the superclass return HTCAPTION, change it to HTNOWHERE (or some similar name, I'm trusting memory here). Be prepared to have your users searching you out with barrels of tar and plenty of feather pillows. joe On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:34:02 -0700, "Eitan" <Eitan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am developing an SDI application, based CFormView. I would like t...

Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have purchased Microsoft Office: Mac 2008, Home & Student Edition. I want to use the Add-in feature but the Add In Folder is empty. How can I get the Add-ins for Excel 2008? I am specifically looking for Data Analysis Tools Pak to run regressions and the like. Shouldn't it be included with the software? I have reinstalled and still to no avail are there any Add-ins to be found. Please help. Thank you, Sherri On 9/23/08 10:10 PM, in article 59b5a3f9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sherri_Wilson@officeformac....

Profile can not be removed.
There is a profile in my outolook whicj I wanto to removed and I can not do it. I reistall outlook 2003 and the problem presist. can somebody help me out? Jorge How are you trying to remove the profile? "Jorge" <jorgezalles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fa7401c43e5f$5c2f3770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > There is a profile in my outolook whicj I wanto to > removed and I can not do it. I reistall outlook 2003 and > the problem presist. can somebody help me out? > > Jorge you can remove the profile by deleting all the outlook's files and at the registry...

Excel macros #2
I have created a macro to reformat spreadsheet and stored the created macro in personal.xls so that i can use it in an spreadsheet.When I record new macro and choose "store macro in - Personal Macro Workbook"...i get message displayed " Personal Macro Wkbook in startup folder must stay open for recording - unable to record". I have checked for viruses. The Per M Workbook is in C: \Docs and Settings.....XLstart. I thought that Per M Wkbook opened automatically on Excel startup. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Foru...