Remove the word 'total' from subtotals

Hi

I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function

After excel subtotals it inserts the word 'total' in the same line as
the field being subtotal

How can I remove total? I need to take the subtotaled info and upload
it into another program and it will not work with the word totoal
there

Thanks
0
nj530 (13)

Have you tried F2 and edit the cell contents to remove what you don't want?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:40:02 -0500, yahoo <nj530@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function
>
>After excel subtotals it inserts the word 'total' in the same line as
>the field being subtotal
>
>How can I remove total? I need to take the subtotaled info and upload
>it into another program and it will not work with the word totoal
>there
>
>Thanks

0
Gord
2/13/2005 12:57:27 AM
Highlight the column with the word "total" in it, then
Edit > Replace > Find What: Total > Replace with: (leave blank) > ReplaceAll
button

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck CABGx3

"yahoo" <nj530@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function
>
> After excel subtotals it inserts the word 'total' in the same line as
> the field being subtotal
>
> How can I remove total? I need to take the subtotaled info and upload
> it into another program and it will not work with the word totoal
> there
>
> Thanks

0
croberts (1377)

dynamics snap-in cause MS word to load very slowly
Hi, We recently install dynamics snap-in on both desktops and laptops (use VPN to connect to our headoffice). For local computers (connected to head office LAN) it MS word appears little bit slower to load but for VPN users it takes about several minutes to open MS word or other office aplication. I monitor the Network trafic and found that there are lot of network trafic between the client computer and the CRM server. Is that normal? is there a way to confgure it? Thanks a lot. ...

Remove voids in GP Safepay before submission to the bank
Numerous customers request this functionality to be able to process a Safepay file that excludes Voids. Please add this functionality ASAP to either "remove voids" or "Exclude voids" prior to the creation of the Safepay file. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...

Excel Positive/Negative Running Total
I posted a message earlier and have received a partial solution. I want to keep track of how much stock prices go up or down with a running total of how much they go up or down over several days until the direction changes. The formula I am now using total the first and second day but does not do a running total count if there are more than two up or down days in a row. Your help is appreciated. =IF(SIGN(H3)=SIGN(H4),H3+H4,H3) However, the example below illustrates what I am looking for ---- column A are the daily totals and column B is an example of how I want to calculate the runnin...

Cannot open excel inside word document
I'm using a Word document with incerted Excel spreadsheet. I normaly copying data line by line from the original excel document into incerted excel file. Always at one point, when I try to double-click to re-open the incerted excel file, a message appears saying the the "file is corrupted and no longer available". Most of the files I work with are on a server, but similar thing happens with files stored on my local drive. Thanks. SF ...

word break/wrapping in a CCheckListBox
I need a CheckBoxList control that has wordbreak/wrapping where an item can have two lines of text. I can't seem to get the check boxes to line up in the top left of the item or get the highlight to cover the whole rect of the item i.e. only the text is highlighted. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. thanks -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- >-----Original Message----- >I need a CheckBoxList control that has wordb...

How do I print email addresses in black in Word?
When I write email addresses in a Word document the ink color changes to blue. Lately the email addresses don't print in the printed document. I haven't run out of ink on my color cartridge but maybe it ran out of blue ink. How can I get the email addresses to print in black like the rest of the document? Just before printing, search for blue font colour and change to black? Or to stop it happening in the first place, go to Insert, Autotext, Autotext, AutoFormat As You Type, and uncheck the option for Internet and Network paths with hyperlinks. Or if you wish fo...

eraser function in word drawing mode
How do I edit a picture in word (eg: to erase part of the picture)? Is there a eraser function? if so how do I use it?? Hi, Click on the picture and the Picture toolbar should appear. You can turn the toolbar on manually using View > Toolbars > Picture. On the bottom row of the toolbar you'll find selection tools. Use an appropriate selection tool to select an area then use Edit > Cut to remove the selected part. -Jim Quoting from "lawengin" <skho@iinet.net.au>, in article 659b9c2c-f361-4f64-be3c-1e1fb2be6ce3@e32g2000prn.googlegroups.com, on [DATE: > How...

Can I remove just one title within a graph legend and not hide th.
I have a legend with my column graph with 3 items in it. I would like to remove 1 of those items (labels) without hiding the whole legend. However, I still want the data associated with that item (label) as part of the data in the graph. Received my answer from a previous post..........thanks!! "KLF" wrote: > I have a legend with my column graph with 3 items in it. I would like to > remove 1 of those items (labels) without hiding the whole legend. However, I > still want the data associated with that item (label) as part of the data in > the graph. ...

Unable to remove Calendar, Contact folders from Mail pane..
How do I remove unwanted folders i.e. Calendars, Contacts, Task, Calendars & M/S Office Online from Favorite Mail pane in Outlook...which are not supposed to be there in the first place? I have no idea how they got there and it's driving me crazy! HELP! BK This would indicate a corruption of your Navigation Pane. To reset it you'll have to start Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space in the command) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-ou...

How do I set a default directory when I open WORD?
In the last version of word, I set it, so that when I opened WORD and the first time hit "open file" - I would be in one directory - where all my relevant files/information is contained. Does anyone know how to set that? /Cygat If in Word 2007, go to Word Options, the Save, the you'll see default file - open browe and select "Cygat" wrote: > In the last version of word, I set it, so that when I opened WORD and the > first time hit "open file" - I would be in one directory - where all my > relevant files/information is contained. ...

Table of Contents in Word 2007
Hello: How do you build a table of contents in Word? I have three major Sections (I, II, and III). Under these sections, I have further divisions like A.1.a. Thank you for your assistance. John Look up Table of Contents or TOC in Word Help, several tutorials there. John wrote: > Hello: > > How do you build a table of contents in Word? I have three major > Sections (I, II, and III). Under these sections, I have further > divisions like A.1.a. Thank you for your assistance. > > John ...

Error: " Word cannot complete the save due a permission error "
Hello, I´ve created a template for mail merge. It works fine. I also have attached a mail merge to an activity (note attachment). Works fine too. But when I retrieve that file (often a Word XML file) from the note it opens in Word. I'm trying to edit that document but when I want to save it back to the activity I am getting the following error. " Word cannot complete the save due a permission error " (I am the administrator and I full rights to the complete CRM) I really need to know of it is possible to edit a attachment and save it back to the activity note. So my ...

Remove highlight background in cell
Hello- Is there an easy way to remove the "highlighted yellow background" in all cells in all worksheets of a workbook, but leave the data in the cell? So, change "yellow highlight" to "no fill" - but leave the cell contents? Thank you so much! Dttodgg, Ctrl+A to select all cells in the sheet, then click the drop down arrow next to fill color button and select no fill -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2...

Advanced Word Programming
Can anyone recommend a good (learn by example) book or a good tutorial or web based class for learning advanced word programming. Mostly dealing with Word 07 and VBA? I'm fairly proficient with Excel VBA, but I need some training to get to that level with Word. Thanks -- jrdnoland See the article "Getting To Grips With VBA Basics In 15 Minutes´┐Ż at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/VBABasicsIn15Mins.htm and other pages on that website. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid...

Flashing words in emails
Could you tell me how i make words in an email flash and change colour. Please don't!! --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, addyburny asked: | Could you tell me how i make words in an email flash and change | colour. addyburny <addyburny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Could you tell me how i make words in an email flash and change > colour. Even if you find out how to do this, your recipie...

Importing Excel Budget with subtotals
We have a 12 month budget in Excel containing various accounts and includes sub-totals for the different types of expenses. How do we go about importing it into GP 10.0? Do we strictly have to follow the Excel template GP has or will the extra sub-total rows matter? Please advise. My experience is that the only thing that will import are the accounts and monthly amounts. -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company "A" wrote: > We have a 12 month budget in Excel containing various accounts and > includes sub-totals for the different types of expense...

multiply hours/minutes times dollars for total dollar amount
I've created a spreadsheet to track billable hours, but am having trouble with the totals. Example: I have a cell which calculates the total number of hours, but then I need to multiply the hours by the dollar per hour to get a total dollar amount. Please help! :-) Try =total+24*rate format as general or currency -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Anakin0303" <Anakin0303@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3656851-BDF4-4C00-BFA1-94DA1212EA09@microsoft.com... > I've created a spreadsheet to track billable hours, but am having trouble > with the to...

placing Excel graphs into Word table cells
I need to paste two excel graphs in Word table cells. 1. How could I scale/or measure graphs in Excel? 2. How could I line up Y axis of two graphs that are differet in height? 3. Or, the above approach is wrong? Then??? Thanks wlotto, I am not sure about your problem. But these links might point you to solution: You can use J-walk's Chart Tools Add-in to size your chart to an dimension - (If the add-in does not allow you to measure in inches o cms, then you can measure your table cells in points instead - Word->Tools->Options->General->Measurement units). Regarding alig...

Word Excel and PowerPoint quit after saving
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Just upgraded to Snow Leopard. Everytime I save a document in Word, Excel or PowerPoint they will unexpectedly quit. HELP! ...

Can't type or edit Word docs
I have Windows 7, Office 2007. I can open a new document but not type anything. If I open an existing document, you can't type and it won't allow me to copy out to any other program. I also can't print from a Word document. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this? Assuming that you have activated Office, you appear to have an Office 2007 trial version that has now expired. It's time to buy the program if you wish to continue using it. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

Form with SubForm Totals
In the Subform Query Builder, I have the following field: AcctTotal: CCur(Nz(DSum("[BillPayAmt]","[tblPayDetail]","[AcctID] = " & [AcctID]))) AcctID is on the MainForm. I have tried the following expressions with no success: AcctTotal: CCur(Nz(DSum("[BillPayAmt]","[tblPayDetail]","[AcctID] = " & [Forms]![MedicalForm]![AcctID]))) AND AcctTotal: CCur(Nz(DSum("[BillPayAmt]","[tblPayDetail]","[Forms]! [MedicalForm]![AcctID] = " & [Forms]![MedicalForm]![AcctID]))) In other words, I ...

Remove old account infor
Hi, how do I purge old account information that is assoiciated with my hotmail address? I wanted to start new and created a new 'live' ID, but I would rather stay with my old email account. Thanks, Markus In microsoft.public.money, Markus wrote: >Hi, how do I purge old account information that is assoiciated with my >hotmail address? I wanted to start new and created a new 'live' ID, but I >would rather stay with my old email account. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323964 ...

getting word 2002 to work with vista
I have installed word 2002 on my laptop but i need to change the preferences in order for it to work. I don't know how to do it. Can someone give me step by step intructions ...

Creating business cards using Word 2003
I am trying to create a sheet of the same business cards. Each card should contains a watermark in the background. Then I want to overlay the watermark with test that fills the card from top to bottom. First, I have created the watermark as a header, but how do I copy it to each of the cards on the sheet? Second, when I created the empty sheet, the cursor was positioned at the middle horizontal line of the card. When I enter the text for the card, I can't seem to move it to start at the top of the card. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, For business cards...

When I open Word documents there are extra characters
I am using Word 2003. Suddenly Word documents that I open have many extra characters (dots, paragraph character). See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Deborah" <Deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A155944-50A2-4BE2-85D3-00185F6F1585@microsoft.com... >I am using Word 2003. Suddenly Word documents that I open have many extra > characters (dots, paragraph character). ...