remove "getting started" from excel 2003

Hi all. Whenever i open excel 2003, i could see the "getting started" box on
the right side of excel application. How do i remove it permanently? I have
another question. When i open 1 of my excel document there is a green
triangle on every cell of 1 column. How can i remove the green triangles?
Thks in advance.
0
inenewbl (26)

Both can be resolved from the Tools>Options dialog box.

On the View tab, uncheck Startup Task Pane in the "Show" section

On the Error Checking tab, uncheck the Enable background error checkin
in the "Settings" section.

note:  the green triangles indicate there is some kind of error i
those cells.

HTH

Bruc

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39722

Hep Requested: Getting Started Again
I've recently had to rebuild my PC as a result of which I've reinstalled Visual Studio 2008 and finally reinstalled the CRM SDK. However when I attempt to start a new Workflow project I'm having some problems... I've added references to Microsoft.Crm.Sdk and Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy to my project, however when I attempt to declare these in my classes: using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk; It's as if I havn't added the references. Can anyone refresh my memory as to what I need to do in order to get my environment back up and working because at the moment I'm at a dead end. -...

Getting Started with 3.0 CRM
Hi All, I have installed 3.0 CRM VPC and started playing around with the Adventure works sample database. There are so many features and functions that I find it hard to find a starting point. I also have very limited experience with CRM software. Are there are guides are walkthrough available to getting started? Thanks. JN If you are a partner with access to Hands On Labs, there are some sales courses for 1.2 that would give you a good idea of how CRM can be used. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "JN" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have installed 3.0 ...

"Getting Started" box, stop it from showing upon each launch? [XL2003]
Is there any way to do this? I've googled but nothing comes up for this. I'd like that box to show only when I need it, not upon every launch. Thanks! :oD "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:8tjo65hirvls4ocvvdt34nigbroqfve79n@4ax.com... > Is there any way to do this? I've googled but nothing comes up for > this. I'd like that box to show only when I need it, not upon every > launch. > > Thanks! :oD > I thought a checkbox on THAT box on my versions past. Tools - settings - program settings ? You ...

remove "getting started" from excel 2003
Hi all. Whenever i open excel 2003, i could see the "getting started" box on the right side of excel application. How do i remove it permanently? I have another question. When i open 1 of my excel document there is a green triangle on every cell of 1 column. How can i remove the green triangles? Thks in advance. Both can be resolved from the Tools>Options dialog box. On the View tab, uncheck Startup Task Pane in the "Show" section On the Error Checking tab, uncheck the Enable background error checkin in the "Settings" section. note: the green triangle...

Getting started with a wlan driver
I'm an experienced programmer (15 yrs, C, Java, C++, C#, etc) but I've not done any driver development. I'm looking to write a driver that sends raw 802.11 packets. Might anyone be kind enough to point me to the best way to get started? (Perhaps a related sample, or an open source driver of some sort) I have installed the WDK and taken a brief look at the network samples, but they don't seem low level enough. Thanks! This goal may not be achievable on the Windows platform. Generally the system 802.11 miniports and adapters are operating in the "Ex...

Getting started - RMS vs. other POS systems
hello, I need some more info on what ms RMS can do. Is there a way to get a trial cd? can I get just the help files? I have been looking at www.gopositve.com POSitive For Windows. any experience with that? Anyone like to compare and contrast<G> the two? or any other POS systems? thanks for your time, You can get an evaluation CD and/or an in person demo from any RMS Reseller. To find a reseller in you area: http://directory.bcentral.com/ITConsultant/ You can also order more information and a demo CD direct from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/mb...

Getting started with DDE
I am trying to use DDE to have excel get information from PeachTre Accounting software. Does anyone know anything about DDE? I am having hard time getting this started. Thanx -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Guidance to getting started
Hello, I want to to make a guidance something like user manual How can we make it and where shall we save it, so that I can put one menu to open it -- H. Frank Situmorang Take a look at http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php?lang=en&id=0000000010#documentation for a few tools/approaches. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "Frank Situmorang" wrote: > Hello, > > I want to to make a guidance something like user manual > > How can we make it and where shall we save it, so that...

Getting Started w/ Standard C++ in Microsoft VC++ 6.0?
Hi, This probably isn't the right newsgroup for this, but maybe someone here has done this before. I have a few years of experience using MFC and Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. As my company gets further into the software business they now want to start moving away from MFC, and use pure Standard C++. I have a code project created in Microsoft Visual C++ that needs MFC stripped out of it. Not a huge project - only about 10 or so files. I've been reading a bit about Standard C++, and I was wondering if anyone could point me to some documents or help as to how to start using Standard C+...

Getting Started with HTML Help
I seem to be having a heck of a time figuring out how to get started with HTML help in my MFC applications. The vast majority of stuff I've found on the Web seems quite outdated. I see there is an option to create HTML help when creating an MFC application in VS2008. So far, that works. This option creates three help project files (*.hhc, *.hhk, and *.hhp). What are these files? I believe they are to be processed by HTML Help Workshop but is that part of VS2008 or a separate download? And why are all the HTML help files created by the MFC wizards using uppercase tags, which VS2008...

Recommendation on getting started with Macros
Can someone please recommend a good place to start to learn about macros? Maybe a book title that has helped you... I want to learn how to insert buttons into my spreadsheet that will automatically do "stuff" for the user... TIA! LavaDude installing a macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm calling macro from another workbook http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/install.htm examples of macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm Installing a toolbar button to invoke a macro, or a menu ...

getting started in C++, shock from c#
I have a legacy program that if I type in Cfile i get some type ahead. - showing me the classes & methods. I started a demo program fro myself & chose the MFC wizard. It has a button to load a file, a frame and a webbrowser control I think. But before I get started on that I have some VERY BASCI BEGINNER QUESTIONS In the first I cant see foe alll the code how or where the classes are made available. the the second case I see a header but its unclear if anything is available or what I must add to invoke it The MSDN site says use afx.h an MSDN site has something like this extern CFile ...

Visio 2007 "Samples" missing from Getting Started and Help Menu
Hello- I just purchased Visio 2007 standard. I installed the complete program (all features) but the option for the Samples is not available from the Getting Started menu or from the Help menu. I additionally installed SP1 but Samples is still MIA. Any suggestions? Thanks, Cathy On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:40:36 -0800, Portland_Girl <PortlandGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello- I just purchased Visio 2007 standard. I installed the complete program >(all features) but the option for the Samples is not available from the >Getting Started menu or from the Help menu. I a...

Getting started with Catalog Merge
I am working on my first catalog. I have a silly question... can anyone send me examples or know of any links I can go to to help me get started on some ideas. Thank you. Vicky victoria_a75@hotmail.com There is a good demo here and a training course that will help as well as assistance articles. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:989710B5-2BC4-476E-B14F-3CE46A9D18AB@micr...

Getting Started with eConnect
Hello, I am new to eConnect and looking for general guidance to get started using it. I have the eConnect help files but they are pretty vague, in my opinion. Can someone point me to some online resource to getting it setup properly to be able to enter orders from a web application. Our web application is an ASP.NET 2.0 app with C#. Our Great Plains server is located seperately from the web application. I was planning on using a web service on our GP server to allow the web application to interface to GP. Is this a decent approach or is there a better way to do this? Thank you, ...

I need help getting started
I have Office 2007 and I am having trouble getting my e-mail address configured with Outlook. I get to the point where they want me to log into the server but when I input my information it doesn't accept it. I don't know what I am doing wrong. PLEASE HELP! "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2745354F-ED15-42A8-B3E5-41286A439EB2@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2007 and I am having trouble getting my e-mail address > configured with Outlook. I get to the point where they want me to log into > the server but when I input my inform...

Stop Getting Started task pane from launching in Excel
I have deselected the Task Pane from the Toolbars drop down. Save the settings in the Book1.xlt and worksheet.xlt files but the Getting Started task pane still appears when I launch Excel. I've searched my entire local drive for any other template that may be loaded but the two above are the only ones I have. ...

Getting Started
As a newbie without adequate documentation, I need some guidance. Our company is primarily focused on using CRM for sales of our services: Installation / Consulting / Maintenance all on an hourly basis or in prepaid blocks of time. I am confused in setting up the Units with the Product Catalog and how to attach the purchase of blocks of time to a contract. Has anyone setup anything similar that can offer some suggestions? ...

IE 8 stops getting started on my indows Vista
All the sudden (maybe after some incorrect clicking of some unknow prompt..), I cann't start IE any more on my Vista. I open Task manager, and Application tab doesn't have IE while Process tab does. I used my other computer (XP) to download IE 8 and the tried to reinsyall on my Vista, it compalins that the version being installed is older than the one on my Vista. In another word, i couldn't even restore it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! "Frank Wu" <FrankWu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6191D08-11BD-4BAC-8D7E-56E...

Getting started with Macros
Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. Thanks, Ant Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ant wrote: > Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. > I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. > > Thanks, > Ant "Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B8ADCB9-4F0A-451F-A1F7-0392112AF5AB@microsoft.com... > Can someone provide a good web site tha...

Getting Started with a Membership database
Hello Everyone, Access newbie here. We've got a calligraphy organization with app. 450 members. All the data (for the last several decades) is living in a handwritten, spiral-bound notebook, about 6 inches thick <g> We figure its time to get a grip on things and get our membership data into some kind of software program, and I'm thinking Access is the way to go. First question: What can we do in Access that we can't do in Excel? I know thats a big question, so I'm looking for some general answers that would apply to membership information. Is there a sample databa...

Getting started tab
I downloaded and installed (supposedly) the getting started tab, it said it was successfully installed. When I open Excel, I cannot locate the tab. Where is it? When I try to add the tab, it says it is not a valid excel add-on tab. ???? "saphire" wrote: > I downloaded and installed (supposedly) the getting started tab, it said it > was successfully installed. When I open Excel, I cannot locate the tab. > Where is it? Downloaded from where? What is the getting started tab? What do you consider as a "tab"? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 14 Ap...

getting started
Hi all, I'm now starting to program with MFC!!!, i have already experience with C++ in VC. i want to read about MFC... (guide, tutorial... whatever) if someone can give me a good link to start. Thanks, hagigos. You should start with the Scribble tutorial that comes with the product. I have found the following book to be an excellent source for all levels of MFC usage: Programming Windows With MFC by Jeff Prosise 2nd Edition --- good text for all levels of MFC expertise. There are other useful resources as well: Programming Visual C++ 5th Edition(or later) by David J. Kruglins...

getting started...
Hi, is it possible to create a macro that receives arguments? What I mean is without using offset, for example: one time to run the macro with cells A1 A2 as parameters and write the result into B2 and another time to run the macro over cells D5 E9 and write the result into F8? ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi you may create a user defined function for this and insert this function in the target cell. e.g. a function lik Public function do_something(rng1 as range, rng2...

How to clear the Open Recent Database pane on Getting Started scre
In Access 2007, on the "Getting Started with Microsoft Office" page, I want to clear all of the file names under "Open Recent Database" on the right. Deleting the actual files from my computer doesn't remove the names from that pane. Why does it matter? I never tried this in 2007 but changing how many to display on older versions cleared list. Click on the Office button, Access Options, Advanced, Display, and set to 0 (zero). Close application. Restart and check. -- Build a little, test a little. "Judith9" wrote: > In Access 20...