Regular data file imports

We have a General Ledger file that is beining imported by Users on
dialy basis into excel from a text file.

The column widths are identical every day.

Currently the Import wizard is used on a daily basis to split the dat
into the selected columns.

How can I have the file automatically complete the format when the fil
is opened or after the file is opened.
The file will have a different name each day.

Is there an easy way or will a macro have to be written.

Thanks

ca

I receive a 4,000+ line bank statement each month in text format and have
recently automated the import of it into a 5 sheet setup; It is great.  Use
the macro recorder as I did (turn it on) and Step through the File, Open
(target your *.txt file) and the Import Wizard should take over - carefully
(take your time) set everything up as you want it, when finished Stop
Macro - You are 90% of the way at this point -- the main single line of code
the recorder will create will look something like this (I'm using Excel
XP)..

Workbooks.OpenText Filename:= _
        "C:\My Documents\MyCash\MyBank.txt", Origin:= _
        437, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0,
9), _
        Array(13, 2), Array(23, 1), Array(33, 5), Array(41, 5), Array(49,
2), Array(50, 2)), _
        TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

You can customize the Code (with the help of this group).  Good Luck,
Jim May

"nzcam >" <<nzcam.1cipl8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> We have a General Ledger file that is beining imported by Users on a
> dialy basis into excel from a text file.
>
> The column widths are identical every day.
>
> Currently the Import wizard is used on a daily basis to split the data
> into the selected columns.
>
> How can I have the file automatically complete the format when the file
> is opened or after the file is opened.
> The file will have a different name each day.
>
> Is there an easy way or will a macro have to be written.
>
> Thanks
>
> cam
>

> ---

jmay (696)

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

import a 123 file

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

Public Folder link to Excel File

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel

Customer check data