Refreshing a pivot table #2

I have posted this question before but didn't get any replies so am trying
again in the hope that somebody knows the answer.....!!

When using a pivot table, is it possible to refresh only certain columns
rather than the whole table??

Any urgent help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Louise
0
louise (71)

You can't refresh only part of a pivot table.

Perhaps you could make a copy of the source data, change only the data
you want updated in the pivot table, and base the pivot table on that.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/23/2005 12:20:56 PM
I didn't think so but wasn't sure.

Thanks very much.

Louise.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> You can't refresh only part of a pivot table.
>
> Perhaps you could make a copy of the source data, change only the data
> you want updated in the pivot table, and base the pivot table on that.
>
> Louise wrote:
> > I have posted this question before but didn't get any replies so am trying
> > again in the hope that somebody knows the answer.....!!
> >
> > When using a pivot table, is it possible to refresh only certain columns
> > rather than the whole table??
>
> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

louise (71)

Spacing #2
Hi Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want "dewit" THX Luc You can use: =substitute(a1," ","") to remove all the spaces (leading/trailing/embedded) or =lower(substitute(a1," ","")) if you really wanted lower case. Luc Vandenhoeck wrote: > > Hi > Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. > How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want > "dewit" > THX Luc -- ...

Limitations to # of Decimal places for seconds (time)? #2
Bernie Deitrick Wrote: > Xprezons, > > Are you really recording every 1/10 millionth of a second? And, yes > Excel > limits you to three decimal places on the seconds > > Thanks a ton for your help, Bernie. I guess this is what I have to do. And yes, the system does log time to the accuracy of 6 decimal digits. Thanks and Regards, Xprezons -- Xprezon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Xprezons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Refresh Graphic Image #3
Hello, I have copied and pasted a graph (Stock Chart) to my excel sheet for analysing.Now I would like to refresh to update it.What is the easy mwthod to do it or if i like to write a macro, What are the commands. ...

When form closes it creates a blank record in the table
I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks in advance <MichaelJohnson168@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f63293f9-caa7-4450-bacf-e844c6d5b9c4@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that > form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is > there a way to prevent that from happening? If it only happens when you had the form on a new (blank...

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

Creating New Mailboxes #2
Hi, ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS? ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS PHIL MATHER ZETEX PLC IT SUPPORT Before the mailbox appears where, exactly? In the GAL? In ESM? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577D27BC-B370-4501-A09D-65151B5E901F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FRO...

Macro for checkbox (2) #2
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Pivot tables, linking to a named range as a source to a pivot table
I have created a main worksheet within the same workbook of many pivot tables, and I want to use this same worksheet as the source of information to these different pivot table sheets off of which I create charts. I want to use a named range because there are over 4,000 rows in this main worksheet. I am not sure if I need a "=" to start the reference or what to do. I thought I should just use nameofworksheet!database if I name the range "database", but when I point and click to the sheet, it is just inserting the name "database" without the name of the...

beginning balances #2
Hello: This is a new client who is entering invoices and data as of 2006. There are two open fiscal years--2005 and 2006. We created 2005, as the client will need to enter beginning balances for 2006. I just want to make sure that I have the correct steps down. In order to enter beginning balances for 2006, they need to: (1) In GL Transaction Entry, enter a debit or credit to the balance sheet account and a debit or credit to Retained Earnings (or a suspense account) as of 12/31/2005 and (2) They need to close 2005 in the GL, so those beginning balances (BBFs) will roll forward to...

Variant #2
Good Day, I have a VB6 Com object that I am attempting to use in VC++. One of the methods returns a VB6 Variant datatype. When I look at the IDL for the object that value is also defined as a VARIANT*. The problem I have is I am not sure how to deal with this value on the C++ side. What datatype do I use to store this value. Unfortunately, I can really be almost anything. Do I need to store it as a byte array? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! >I have a VB6 Com object that I am attempting to use in VC++. One of the >methods returns a VB6 Variant datatype. When I look at the...

Sorting table automatically
I have a set of results which are collected into a table B3:AB23. The data is then sorted by the following macro below. I would like the table to be automatically sorted without me having to use the Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y 30-50 times a day. Can this be done? Sub League() ' ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y ' Range("B3:AB23").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C4"), Order1:=xlDescending, Key2:=Range("J4") _ , Order2:=xlDescending, Key3:=Range("H4"), Order3:=xlDescending, Header _ :=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, Mat...

FRx Forecaster #2
Hello, In a Calc Set when a range of Accounts is used the Calc set does not work (Calc = '1000..5000') Have followed all the TK and it does satisfy all the requirements for a Calc Set to work. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance Ajay Ajay-- is the variable on the left side a valid Account? (i.e., does 'Calc' exist in the list of accounts, and in the lineset? Also, check the syntax in the actual calculation. It should read Calc='1000..'5000 with the single quote in front of the variables. "Ajay" wrote: > Hello, &...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

WEEKNUM in pivot returns 1900-01-31
Hi! I'm sitting with an excel pivot that has one column (Weeks) which originates from fields formatted like this: =WEEKNUM(G445;2). But in the pivot, the field magically converts into 1900-01-31 (Swedish date)! It looked alright to me until 1 Augusti, when the weeknumber changed from 31 to 32. Then it restarted from 31 to 1 :( I've tried to change the original formula to =TEXT(WEEKNUM(G445;2);0), but the pivot can't sort the list properly, thinking that 21 comes after 1... Any ideas? Thanks alot! /Martin If you just format that field (in the pivottable) as General, what do you...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Project Green #2
Those of you counting on or worrying about Project Green might want to check out the rants and replies on this forum on the Sept 20 subject entitled ".Net Plans?". ...

lookup table
I have a workbook with two worksheets in it. the first is a list of items a description and a purchase month, the other is a table by month. I an looking to create a method where I can select from a dropdown a product and it will populate the table on the second sheet. Any suggestions? Hi Without getting too complicated, I would suggest using a pivot table, which is designed to summarise data. You can find it under the Data heading. An introduction can be found here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm Andy. "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Form that changes dafualt value in a table
Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value in field “price” is $2.00 I want to be able to change it to $3.00 by typing it in my form without have to going to the table design view. So if you got some code for my command button please reply. Thank You! On Dec 13, 8:44 am, Jone <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be > able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value i...

Need Help #2
I have created a custom button for Tag along item.and I am having problem with cursor box. It is not moving down. It is staying where the tag along item rang up. It should move down to empty line, But It is not. How Can I fix his problem. Any one can help me ? ...

Need to take out checkboxes from from some items of the listcontrol.. #2
Hi, I have a listcontrol in which i want to have checkboxes for only selected items.... For that i m trying , m_cListCtrl.SetItemState(nRow , LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT, LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT); which is not working..... PLease help me.. Lotz of thanx in advance, This link may be useful http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/LVChecked.asp Regards Amar ...

runtime error 1004 #2
I'm having this problem with this code when i try to run this in spanish version but no in english version: Public Function gf_CopyPasteData(s_range As String, s_range2 As String, i_start_sheet_index As Integer, i_end_sheet_index As Integer) As Integer 'copies data from sheet one sheet to another sheet If CInt(Range(s_range).Count) = CInt(Range(s_range2).Count) Then Sheets(i_start_sheet_index).Range(s_range).Copy _ Destination:=Sheets(i_end_sheet_index).Range(s_range2) 'validation passed, both ranges are of the same size gf_CopyPasteData =...