Refresh Excel file

After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were
working on or does it go back to the first record of the file?
0
Dummy (13)

This doesn't seem like an Excel question.  Maybe you could explain what
you're trying to do.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"excel dummy" <excel dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were
| working on or does it go back to the first record of the file?

0
jrrech (1932)

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Excel Formula 02-06-10
I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of which product is chipset and from which suppliers.Thanks for any help I get. A B C 1 Product 1 Supplier 2 £10.00 2 Product 2 Supplier 1 £8.00 3 Product 3 Supplier 2 £8.00 4 Product 2 Supplier 2 £6.00 5 Product 1 Supplier 2 £11.00 6 Product 3 Supplier 1 £7.00 Farid, I think you mean:- cheapest - and not chipset. "Farid" wrote: > I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of > which product is chipset and from which ...

Excel spreadsheet template
I try to find an optimal solution for my Excel spreadsheet template for developing a financial calculation(expenses, taxes, S&H, retail prices)for various products in small business. I just browsed templates section in MS Office templates but not found there any specific, all very generic/abstract etc Lots of other sites have Excel templates that you can download. Do a search through Google: http://www.google.com/advanced_search? using keywords like "financial Excel template download" trend5 wrote: > I try to find an optimal solution for my Excel spreadsheet template ...

Attach file in header
MS Access 2007. I am having users enter and update data in a split form. I would like to put an Excel Workbook file as an attachment that can be downloaded by users (so that they could populate that template with many rows of data instead of manually entering on Access form). I put an attachment field in the header and attached the file, but that only "stuck" on the record that I was on at the time. How can I make an external file always available for download? ...

Excel macro deployment
Hi I have been deploying Excel macro to workstations using an MSI. The MSI creates a folder under program folders and drops the xla files in the folder. The installer also sets a registry value. When the user opens Excel, the macros begin. This works fine for Excel 2003. What do I need to do to properly install Macros under Excel 2007 and Excel 2010? Thanks ...

Importing to access from excel
I understand that access uses the first 15 rows of an imported excel sheet to determine whether the access field is numerical or text. I have a worksheet with a date column, and columns that contain both numbers and text entries (in the form of less than values e.g.<1). Therefore the date column cannot be changed to text or number otherwise it looses the correct format. And although the numbers can be changed to text in excel they are only recognised as numbers in access. The only way I have found to get the all the information across from excel into access without error values (e...

Converting Publisher Files to PDF Format
When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a message that says "The size of the paper you have chosen is too small to show the printer markings", but when my commercial printing guy takes my same Publisher files and converts them, it works. What am I doing wrong. I've already talked to Adobe and they think that my Acrobat Distiller is set up properly. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Windows XP Professional, Publisher 2003 and an IBM desktop with 260 gigabytes of memory ediejensen wrote: > When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a mess...

Enumerate open file handles of a process
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a process. My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and if it acquires a handle to a particular file, I want to close that handle from my monitoring application. Thanks. Get Nebbitt's "Undocumented Windows 2000 API" joe On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:27:37 -0700, RedHawk <rajbhumagani@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a >process. >My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and i...

application.getopenfilename to open a file saved on a server
How do I set the current drive if I wish to us application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I wish to vie is on a server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ChDrive "C:\" -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dovrox >" <<dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I set the current drive if I wish to use > application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I w...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

How do I get a "fix" to open .docx files with word 2000?
My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an upgrade, how do I download a "fix"?? CWP wrote: > My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an > upgrade, how do I download a "fix"?? Download the Office Compatibility Pack from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466. Before you apply the pack, make sure your Office programs have been updated to Service Pack 3, as indicated in the System Requirements section of that page. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microso...

Debug Assertion Failed Message in afx.inl at line122 & afshtml.inl file at line 57
Hi, I am getting some Debug Assertion Failed in afx.inl at line 122 and in afxhtml.inl at line 57 Messages on PCs. If i do "Rebuild all" again on my PC then the code starts working. But it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afx.inl file at line 122" on other PC. And if i do "Rebuild All" on that second PC then it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afxhtml.inl file at line 57" on my PC. It is a debug build. If i take the exe and create a installer then also the installer works on many PCs but gives the message of afx.inl file. The afx.inl li...

Can't create file: FAX.TIF
I keep getting this error message when I try to open faxes that come down over our server. Here is the entire message. Can't create file: FAX.TIF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I have checked the properties for the Inbox and for the Office Document Imaging and all of that is fine. We were able to open faxes fine, then one day a Smiley bar appeared in Outlook and then we were not able to open the faxes anymore. Also, I have removed Outlook and reinstalled. I hav...

Excel 2003 #4
Hope someone out there can help, I have lost the toolbars and menu bars in Excel, at first I thought it was showing full screen but it wasn't I then tried to Alt/V to bring up the view menu but again nothing. Have re-installed Excel but still not showing, can anyone help me with this please. And you're sure that the window isn't just too far up and off the visible viewing area--so all that you would need to do is resize that window? If you can see excel's application title bar, then this isn't the problem. If you want to reset all the toolbars back to factory default...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

Accessing Excel pages using VB
Hi. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having. It's likely a trivial answer, but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'm using VB 6.0 and Excel 2002. I have an Excel workbook that has information about days of the month -- each day having an individual spreadsheet 'Day (1)', 'Day (2)', etc. as tabs along the bottom of the workbook. I want to be able to access information from individual "days" using a VB application and do some processing and then printing of the data in VB. First of all, when addressing data on spre...

How do I link Excel pages to a different master Excel workbook?
I am trying to take part lists from different assemblies and link them to a master part list. Ideally one sheet from the assembly part lists will have many pages and be linked to a sheet in the master part list with the name of that specific assembly. I am operating on Midrosoft Office Version 2003. open both the master and your part list on your master if you set a cell to (="name of part list book"!A1) you can do that by clicking any cell on the other workbook with them both open its just like a formula on the sheet only instead it has the workbooks name first i hope thi...

Graphing in Excel
Does anyone know any good graphing tutorials for excel??? I am havin difficulty graphing a dual line graph. I don't know the problem origin. Any help would be tremendous -- Mrinkli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mrinklin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38935 M, Get familiar with internet searches (like www.google.com). It's a good resource. A search for "excel chart tutorial" (w/o quotes) would find Jon Pel...

tangent excel question
this isnt necessarily an excel question, but it is related in that i affects a spreadsheet im working on. ive been looking for a centerline symbol, but none of the fonts i hav installed seem to include this symbol. it is a blueprint / surveyin symbol that has a L superimposed by a c. i am using CL right now bu would like to use the actual symbol for aesthetics. is there a way i can make a custom symbol or does anyone know where can find a font that would include such a symbol? thank you. i lov excel. ^_ -- lsu-i-lik ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables
1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downloaded from a mainframe database? I have been told this could be done in previous versions of Excel. 2. If I get a new text file each day, how can I refresh the existing Pivot Table, without the necessity of recreating Thank you very much Marsh Import the Text file into Excel. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Marsh" <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C480551-AE4D-4E31-B6DC-DF527E532091@microsoft.com... > 1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downlo...

Excel Function VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names". The table deifene below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables. Error where: =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE) but no errors where =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE) or =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE) ANS: ACT_IS The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to NAME. If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated. Thanks Elizabet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly =VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKU...

Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex. A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to see when working in selected range. I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the selection color at all. Also tried to change the Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced option>Item areas, thi...

Backup on file close
Is there any way to make Publisher create a backup copy of a file as you close it after making changes to a publication. I sometimes forget to 'save as' when I have revised a publication so when I close the orginal - which I intended to keep - it gets overwritten. I know it asks if you want to save changes, but I forget that I haven't actually 'saved as' under a new name! Word creates backups - for which I am grateful as I can then open them and re-save. I would suggest doing a Save As when you first start on your revisions rather than at the end. That way it&#...

insert page after page to make one story in one file
How can I do it? Are you trying to combine many Publisher documents or are you trying to connect text boxes? The former can be accomplished by a simple copy/paste. Publisher will automatically connect text boxes and add pages. The latter is simply inserting pages with text boxes and linking. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tchecko" <Tchecko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9DF4D42-DA7A-46A3-8976-1BFFB3C515CA@microsoft.com... > How can I do it? Hi Mary, I am read your post i...

Bug Excel 2007
a1=38641972,52 a2=-38416033,72 a3=(=a1+a2)=225938,800000004 a4=225938,8 a5=(=a3-a4)=4,48198989033699E-09 ;) On Oct 21, 5:06=A0am, Slava Galinski <galinski.sl...@gmail.com> wrote: > a1=3D38641972,52 > a2=3D-38416033,72 > a3=3D(=3Da1+a2)=3D225938,800000004 > a4=3D225938,8 > a5=3D(=3Da3-a4)=3D4,48198989033699E-09 Not a defect, but a very common artifact of the way that Excel stores numbers and performs calculation called 64-bit binary floating-point. Not limited to Excel 2007; common in all versions of Excel. (I use Excel 2003.) Also common in most applications, althoug...