Referencing a pivot table drop-down entry

I have a pivot table on sheet 1 of my workbook that shows sales rep
results by sales manager.  I  select a sales manager from the pivot
table drop down box and the table shows his individual reps and their
results. Simultaneously, sheet 2 shows the count of sales reps from
the pivot table  that reached a particular attainment.  I want sheet 2
to also show (at the top of the sheet) the sales manager name that is
presently selected in the drop down box of the sheet 1 pivot table.
How do I do this?
0
glenlee (18)

If it's a page field, that won't move, you can use a link to the cell,
e.g.:  =Pivot!B1

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How to get Table Description Field Text to show on Forms? Hovering? Right-Click?
Can I get the fioeld description I enter in the Table Design View to show on Forms or Queries? When the mouse hovers over the field or field name?? When the user right clicks on the field or field name?? At the bottom of the screen when the mouse hovers? How? Thanks for any help. Mel Ken, I've done some programming but not much in Access. How do I (where do I click) to add a function to the "standard module" ??? And, am I correct in understanding that the first function would be called each time the db opened? And the 2nd function would be called each time the form op...

Products/Services Table
I am using Access 2007. I have a database for my Products/Services industry. I have a table containing my products/services, as well as a Work Order Form that is linked to the Products/services table from which I can choose via drop down the products that I am selling to that customer. The Product/services table contains 3 fields; Product, Cost & Price. The Work Order Form also contains those three fields, and when I choose a product from the drop down, the corresponding Price field fills in as well. Now, sometimes (after bargaining of course!) I want to change the price for ...

Slow Performance
When opening the PO Entry or Receiving Entry window, and entering or selecting a transaction, the screen hangs for about 30 seconds before allowing entry. We are using Project Accounting in v9.0. This has started happening recently for no apparent reason. It is happening for all users on all workstations including sa. I tried: - Rebooting SQL Server - pointing Dynamics.set locally and deleting all modified reports, form and VBA - run Checklinks on Purchasing Transactions Any ideas? Regards Konrad Konrad, One item that can slow down particular screens is the autocomplete feature. ...

AA transaction entry reference should allow more characters
The AA general transaction entry reference field should include an option to expand the number of characters in the field. We use the reference section extensively in order to help our field offices understand what is posted to the various projects. -- nonprofit ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cl...

Item.content field in RMS Items table
I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3, Headquarters. At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext field. I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is referenced. Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize this field for some of my custom information? -- Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com Bill, There are a few fields in the Item table that either have never been implemented or are no longer in use. It should be safe to use contents. We have used th...

Formatting data table
I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case! As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without the data table, but that is second best. Looking forward to any help If you right click on the data table you can change the font size by clicking on 'format data table' and the font tab. You can type in the size ...

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

link drop down menu to info in worksheet
want to create a drop down that shows information from other worksheets. ie as i select A it will read the information on A from the worksheet2. How about a 'list'? Position your cursor where you want it in worksheet 1. Go to Data, Validation, Settings, Allow and choose List. In Source, click on the red square in the spreadsheet icon, go to worksheet 2 and select what you want displayed in worksheet 1. Click on the red again, and OK. When your cursor enters the cell in worksheet 1, a downarrow appears with the list you linked to. HTH, Carole O "bob" wrote: >...

Tables in Publisher
I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom, it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the whole table. Is there a quick way to get a line on the bottom of every cell without having to select every single cell and add the line? Thanks. silver wrote: > I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every > cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom, > it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the who...

How to remove entries from the driver store repository programatic
Hi All, Can anybody help me to know 'How to remove any entries from the driver store repository programtically?' Manually i can remove entries from the driver store repository using pnputil.exe. I would like to do the same programatically. Normally Vista and above OS will remember older entry of the driver in the driver store. Just to mimic what OS is doing (device Manage right click select uninstall and check the option to remove the driver files) Thanks in advance for helping me in this regard. Regards, Phaneswar > Can anybody help me to know 'How to r...

journal entry with multiple contacts
I would like to put a journal entry in each contact automatically when i do a mailing to a mailing to several contacts at the same time. (This is a print mailing, not email.) Also, I do not print the material or labels, it comes directly from my printer. Thanks ...

Processing Functions in a Table
Hi, I'm running Access 2003. I have a table that contains the following information: Item Count --- --- Postings =DCount("*","tblDocBoat","[ToPost]=True") Floating Copies =DCount("*","tblFloatingCopy","[Approved] = False") Releases =DCount("*","tblReleaseReq","[Processed] = False") Is there a way when I can get the functions to process, rather than showing the code, when viewing the table through a form or simply viewing the table? i.e: Item Count --- --- Po...

Block entry into a cell if another cell has a value
I am working on a W-4 Federal Tax Form created in Excel. I want to be able to block an entry in one cell (Total number of allowances) if another cell (Write *Exempt* here) has a value, specifically Exempt, in it and vise versa if the cell (Total number of allowances) has a value, specifically a number, in it I want block any entry into the cell (Write *Exempt* here) I hope this makes sense to somebody out there. Old Navy, You can use Data - Validation. I'll use A1 and B1. Select A1. Data Validation - Custom: =B1<>"" If you want to appear a little more refined, you ca...

Indexes in tables.
Hi, Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? Any other ways? Thanks, Vitali I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vitali V" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? > Any other ways? > > Thanks, > > Vitali > > > Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle.. "Char...

Modifying cell entries?
Hi all, I have a range of cells in a spreadsheet containing values, say cell A1 : C5. Example as follows: A B C 1 100 100 100 2 100 100 100 3 100 100 100 4 100 100 100 5 100 100 100 I often need to edit all the individual cells in the range to become "=100*86%" because i need to keep the original value in the cell as well as shown the resulted value in the cells too, in this case it is 86 (result after 100 multiple by 86 percent). How do i cr...

Leading Zero dropping off after export to Excel
Good afternoon, I'm exporting data from a view I created in Lotus Notes 8.0 to Excel 2007. One of the fields looks like a number (it has no alpha characters), but is set up as "general". The field is 11 characters long and can contain a "0" (zero) as the first character in the field. I have no control over this field. When I export selected documents from the view and save it as a .csv file, which we've been instructed to do, and open with Excel, the leading "0" drops off. The problem with this is, I only need the first 4 character...

Cell referencing on a chart
I would like to be able to reference a cell in a textbox on a chart. Ex. Cell A1 value = "12" Text box on chart = "12" I need to be able to change cell A1 and have the textbox change with it. Please give me advice on how to do this. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ 1) Click on chart to activate it 2)In formula bar, type = 3) Use mouse to point to a cell (formula now reads =Sheet1!A1 4) Click green check mark in Formula Ba...

Need to normalize some tables after database has been split
Hi there I realize that I have to normalize some of my tables in my database but I have split the database. My question is, what is the best way to do this? All these tables have been referenced in the forms in the database. How do I change the forms without recreating them all over again? Thank you for any help in this matter. On Wed, 19 May 2010 22:24:01 -0700, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >I realize that I have to normalize some of my tables in my database but I >have split the database. > >My questio...

APA Style Table in Excel
Is there a way to left align digits in excel and still have decimal places in line? Example: Instead of: 0022.11 1122.01 Have: 22.11 1122.01 Thanks, Dan One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ???0.00 Left align the cells. In article <s0Gsb.21268$8x2.8238628@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com>, "Dan" <dslaugh@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there a way to left align digits in excel and still have decimal places > in line? > > Example: > > Instead of: > > 0022.11 > 1122.01 > > Have: > > 22.11 > 1122.01 > > Thanks, &g...

Table Borders
I am new to Publisher and I need to create a table with double line borders. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. When I go to line style the double line is greyed out and if I go into format table the option to have a double in is not there. Is it possible to have a table with double line borders? Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Dee If you simply want a double border around the table and not the cells, draw a box around the table. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dee" <Dee@disc...

IMF missing from smtp entry
I know it was there but now the IMF entry under > servers > smtp > is missing. It is still under global settings. IMF is working ok. Why is it gone from the server list? Also, in the exch 2003 sp2 IMF guide there is a reference to scl for archived msgs in IMFAM, the reg key is hklm / software /microsoft /exchange / ContentFilter. I have ContentFilterState and ContentFilterVersion but the ContentFilter mentioned in the guides is missing. Should I simply create this? Why is this missing? 1. Enabling IMF was moved as from Exchange SP2/IMF v2: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/article...

Percents in Pivot Table
Hi. I have a pivot table Month Billing Category Count of Incoming Imei Sum of Billing Amount of Incoming Imei % of Billing Amount August Bounce 3 $300 0.03% 0.04% MIN 1,027 $30,810 10.60% 4.40% TIER1 15 $595 0.15% 0.09% TIER2 163 $13,760 1.68% 1.97% TIER3 397 $49,980 4.10% 7.14% TIER4 2 $555 0.02% 0.08% TIER5 3 $400 0.03% 0.06% August Total 1,610 $96,400 16.61% 13.78% September MIN 1,163 $34,890 12.00% 4.99% TIER1 22 $840 0.23% 0.12% TIER2 471 $40,545 4.86% 5.79% TIER3 674 $86,685 6.95% 12.39% TIER4 3 $1,290 0.03% 0.18% TIER5 4 $575 0.04% 0.08% September Total 2,337 $164,825 24.1...

summary table that updates.....
I need a spreadsheet that updates a master list I have in another sheet in the same workbook that updates itself once I have made a change to the master list. for example: master list: rcp 24" 300 lf mh 5' 1 ea inlet type R 2 ea rcp 24" 50 lf inlet type R 4 ea mh 4' 2 ea mh 5' 5 ea rcp 30" 300 lf summary list: rcp 24" 350 lf rcp 30" 300 lf mh 5' 6 ...

Preserve Pivot Format
I'm currently testing out Office 2007 for my company (we currently use 2003) and I've run into a couple of questions regarding pivot table formatting. 1. In 2003, when I told a pivot table to "preserve format," it actually worked. For example, I have a page field in which the text gets very long. I'd like to have it "taller" and with wrapped text. In 2003, I changed that field to "all", set my formatting, and refreshed the pivot - worked great, the cell stayed as formatted. In 2007, I have "Preserve cell formatting on update" checked. I rep...

Problem creating data entry form
I've solved what I thought were tougher problems that this, but the seeming simplicity of the concept here has me stumped. Here's the problem: I've created a little database for my spouse, a school teacher. In this database are simple tools for keeping track of student info and their parents or guardians. There's a table for keeping track of the various tests & assignments and their respective values and weightings. I now need to create a form by which the test scores can be entered. Firstly, each student is identified by a unique StudentID autonumber in the StudentI...