Reference last entry in column

In Excel 2002, I need a way to reference the last entry in a column of data
that has data added to it on a regular basis. Is there a way to do this that
is fairly simple? I am trying to make a checkbook register in excel and I
want to have the current balance shown in one place at the top so that when
the list of entries gets long the user doesn't have to scroll to the bottom
to see the current balance. I also want to have it show on a different sheet
where the current balances for different accounts can all be seen one one
page. Any help would be appreciated.
0
Toliver (3)

Hi
see:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Devin Toliver" <Devin Toliver@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:1AB4882E-AEF0-4CC9-AC8F-5A97C20343E9@microsoft.com...
> In Excel 2002, I need a way to reference the last entry in a column
of data
> that has data added to it on a regular basis. Is there a way to do
this that
> is fairly simple? I am trying to make a checkbook register in excel
and I
> want to have the current balance shown in one place at the top so
that when
> the list of entries gets long the user doesn't have to scroll to the
bottom
> to see the current balance. I also want to have it show on a
different sheet
> where the current balances for different accounts can all be seen one
one
> page. Any help would be appreciated.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Duplicate Entries #2
I'm a "casual" user of Excel 2002. I have a single-column spreadsheet containing about 900 entries, many of them duplicates. I've sorted the list alphabetically. Is there any good, automated procedure for eliminating duplicate entries, or is that strictly a long, boring manual process? Thanks very much for your help, JW. ASAP Utilities, which is a free add-in easily found by Googling "ASAP Utilities," makes this an easy job. After installing the add-in, highlight the range that includes your lists, and go to "ASAP Utilities/Information/Count Duplicat...

Totalling Columns
I have two columns of figures B2:B22 and C2:C22. I have merged cells B23 and C23 and want to have figure Column C minus Column B showing in this cell. No matter what form I take I can't achieve this. Can anyone help, please. TIA Ed Hi Ed: In the merged cell {B23-C23} enter the formula: =SUM(B2:B22)-SUM(C2:C22) -- Gary's Student "Ed O'Brien" wrote: > I have two columns of figures B2:B22 and C2:C22. I have merged cells B23 and > C23 and want to have figure Column C minus Column B showing in this cell. > > No matter what form I take I can't...

IM with eConnect Receivings Trans Entry adapter
I'm trying to use the eConnect Receivings Transaction Entry adapater to create shipment/invoice transactions but am getting an error "taPopRcptHdrInsertPost has too many arguments specified". Has anyone seen this before? How can I be passing too many arguments through integration manager? Using GP10. Thanks. ...

DSAccess ... Registry Static Entries to dynamic
All: W2K3SP!/ E2K3SP1 Trying to demote DC1, a domain controller holding RID and PDC FSMO's, I removed the GC function and found I had shutdown the Exchange store yesterday. Not a pretty sight I can tell you until I backed out those changes and found out about DSAccess. I want to make E2K3 bulletproof, and to this end, I don't want static entries in dsaccess. Can I simply delete the static registry entry for domain controller DC1 to allow Exchange to use the auto discovered GC and DC servers in the Directory Services tab? How about the configuration server? As I said, I want to d...

Reference Grouped Objects Using VBA
Hello I have grouped four charts, three text boxes (from the control toolbox) and a rectangle. Prior to grouping, the code I had to update the axes on both charts and text for the text boxes worked fine. After grouping the objects the code fails. How do you reference a specific object contained in a group? If Shp is a grouped shape then Shp.GroupItems(2) references the second shape in the group -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware .. "BJ" <bradley.john@westrac.com.au> wrote in message Hello I have grouped four charts, three text ...

Show only Journal entries in Delete bin, sort by deletion date
I posted a number of times about the problems I encountered with Ctrl- D (delete a Journal item) being right beside Ctrl-S (saving a journal item). On occasions where I actually notice an accidental deletion, one thing that could help is to be able to view only journal items in the Delete bin. Is there a way to do this? Another thing that might help is to be able to sort by deletion date. Is there a way to do this? Sometimes, I accidentally delete a journal entry from way back, and that basically means its buried in the Delete bin (which is normally sorted by date). Even if the d...

How do I add items within the last year
=sumproduct(--(year(a1:a10)=2005),b1:b10) Adjust your range to match, but don't use the whole column. =sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- converts trues and falses to 1's and 0's. Kevbro7189 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

copy only unhide columns
Dear Sir/Madam, I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden column and paste them into a new workbook. Regards, sea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sean, Select your columns even the hidden ones. then press F5 click on "special" then click on visible cells only then do your copy and pasting. Regards, Cesar zapata seanyeap < wrote: > Dear Sir/Madam, > I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden columns > and paste them into a new workbook. > > Regards, > sean > > > --- > Message ...

Repair a corrupted mailbox/calender entries?
Is there any way to repair a corrupted mailbox? I have a user who has hundreds of appointments scheduled. One of his appointments is causing Outlook to crash. When the user logs on to any workstation and runs his calander, Outlook crashes about 1 minute later. Because of the number of appointments the user has scheduled, it is not possible to simply delete/recreate the appointments one at a time to see which one is causing the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks You could try exporting his mailbox to a PST file using exmerge. This will drop any corrupted items. Teo...

Last Value in a Column when Value <> 0
Hi, can someone provide me a formula that populates a cell with the last value in a column that does not = 0? Below is an example 3 6 7 0 0 0 The goal is to populate a cell with the value of 7. I am currently using the below formula that populates the last value of a column: =INDEX('Retirement Total'!B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,'Retirement Total'!B:B)) I do not however know how to change this to not populate the last value when it is zero. Your help is appreciated. Assuming you want the last *numeric* value that <>0. Try something like this: =LOOKUP(1E100,1/'...

Problem updating Service reference
Hello, I have a vb2008 solution with a WCF service project and UI project, the service project and UI project has a reference to a core project, that's project has one class usable for UI and service and referenced into all, went I try to update a service reference in UI project, appears a new datasource in service reference / Reference.svcmap, into UI project the calls to common class appears with at "not a member" error, and the cast lines between types of service core class and ui core class fails with "cannot be converted to" error because ui cla...

group by column
hi all, I've got a file like this... A Number State 1 02 A 1 02 F 1 02 S 1 04 A 1 04 C ..... .... .... .... I'd like to create a new sheet in the same file with only 1 row for every number The state is decided in this order A R F C S That means that if I've got the same number but different state I should keep the row with the highest order. Any hints?? thanks Rossella This uses Pivot Table. Assume your data looks like this: 02 A 01 F 01 S 01 R 02 C 03 F 01 R 02 A 03 S 03 C Pivot Table > Multiple Cons...

Copying Part of a row down part of a column
Hi, My problem is this. I have a specific row of data that I need to copy part of down a column, until the next row of data. The data is in a format 12345 abcd efgh ijkl I only need to copy the numeric portion (12345) down the column, until the next row I need to copy (same format) shows up. What's the best/quickest way to do this. It's like an =IF function, but I'm not sure of the syntax. Thanks Try this: assuming your column A is the column with your data with blank rows i between and column B is where you want the results then. =IF(A2<>"",LEFT...

Is a "real" absolute reference possible?
Is it possible to insert a "real" absolute reference? I'm not talking about things like $B$2. I would like my reference to be to cell B2 no matter how many cells, rows, or columns I insert/delete, etc. In other words, I do not want my reference updated when insertion or deletion happens. It seems like Excel does this automatically and there is no way to shut it off. Can anyone help? Thanks, Frank ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http...

dynamic references to content in closed Excel workbooks
I'm new to this company and currently there are two functions to one specific operations area - one is to do the work and the second is to QC the work and the QCs are pretty extensive. Currently the work queue is listed by job name in salesforce so that's where the new jobs are entered, a pool of people work on the jobs and then report the work is done. Once a job is done another entire group of people QC the work the first group did. Basically the queue of job is ever changing so the first group just keeps looking for new jobs to work on and the QC team keeps looking f...

The most repeted item in a column?
How to get the highest number repeted in a column which exist of numbers? Use MODE(column). Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 3, 9:25=A0pm, kaveh <kavehamo...@yahoo.ca> wrote: > How to get the highest number repeted in a column which exist of numbers? ...

reference to consecutive worksheets within a workbook
my workbook has a summary page which has a column which refers to consecutive worksheets which are named by po numbers which are not consecutive. is there a short way for me to define these within the colum? ...

Stacked Column gap width
I have a stacked column graph and I have set the gap width to 0. There is, however, still space between the stacked columns. The gap looks to be about twice as wide as the column themselves. Any idea why? The column overlap is set to 100. The Gap Width is set to 0. In case it matters, the X axis is a time scale, all axis settings are automatic. It looks like both ClusteredColumn and StackedColumn graph types have some intra-cluster spacing that cannot be eliminated... Brian Herbert Withun When you use a time-scale axis, it creates categories for each day (all days). The time-scale is ...

journal entries and mass mailings
I send out mass postcard/newsletter mailings. I would like to be able to bulk post a journal entry to the contacts that I have mailed (not emailed). I cant find a way to do this. An alternative with the same end would also be helpful. Ultimately, i would like to be able to pull up all who received a particular mailer. I would also like a journal entry on the activities page of the contact, showing what mailers they received. Thanks. What version of Outlook are you using? Do you have Business Contact Manager? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to t...

Move column to in-between existing columns
Is there a way to move an entire column to in-between existing columns without getting the error message, "Do you want to replace contents in destination cells?" and also without VB? I'm no use with coding... What I've been doing is to insert new blank column, highlight and drag my existing column to this new column, then delete the old column. Have you tried "control x" to cut the column from the old location and then ctl v to paste it to the new? Peter London, UK "Melissa" wrote: > Is there a way to move an entire column to in-between exis...

Printing columns
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C77B57.C072D1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All, Please forgive this very simple task request. I am trying to eliminate = the white space on the right side of a printed page and ultimately the = total number of pages. All of that means that I would like to display = and print multiple groups of columns within the same page. Example, the spreadsheet contains three columns of information: Column 1 is 2 characters Column 2 is 12 characters Co...

Sequential numbering when X column repeats records
I have a table with 2 columns Column 1 has records A A A B B C A Column 2 needs to have the number of times row one repeats a record. Something like this 1 2 3 1 2 1 Any formula that will find records on column one and sequentially number column B depending on amount of records? Thank you -RoMo -- RoMo robpiolink, Give each record a value of one with a calculated bound field in your query... GrpCounter : 1 Add GrpCounter to the report section. Group your report on each letter (in this example), and set GrpCount Running S...

Screen Font suddenly tiny after last update
After the last auto update a few weeks ago my Outlook 2007 started displaying the body text as small as dots when composing new or forwarded emails and comments in calendar items. In order to read them I must select and increase font size to at least 72, and then return it to 11 (unrecognisable) before I send. When these emails are received they appear normal size (unless I forget to set it back to 11 from 72 !!) Messages in my inbox appear normal. I thought I would wait for a quick fix as I was certain the problem was not mine alone, but so far nothing. I have just today gone i...

Need to Sum one column for each row that is part of a group and then filter out dups
I have around 53,000 rows of data with columns A-I. The first five rows for example have data for a particular student... STUDENT A. Rows 6 through 15 have data about another student... STUDENT B, and so forth. Each column per student has the same data in it with the exception of the last column, column I. Column I has the students GPA (Grade Point Averages) in it per row. So, for example, STUDENT A might have a GPA in row 1 of 4.0, a GPA in row 2 of 2.5, a GPA in row 3 of 4.0, a GPA in row 4 of 3.0, and a GPA in row 5 of 4.0. Since all data in the rows for each person has the same...

How can I clean up old calendar entries?
My mailbox size keeps growing. I can take care of my inbox, sent items, deleted files; but I don't know how to get rid of old calendar entries. This just keeps growing and growing. Change you Calendar view to the All Appointments view via the View-> Current View menu. You can now handle the calendar items like in a mail folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "...