Ref cell in another worksheet

Hi All

Sorry for the very basic question. I have several worksheets in a workbook and have named the first sheet 'Info'. This sheet holds such data as 'contract number' and 'user name'..... This data is required on all the other sheets but i would like to just reference the data from the 'Info' sheet

What do i have to enter on the other sheets so that this info only has to be entered on the 'Info' sheet

How do i reference this data/info from the 'Info' sheet in the header/footer of printed sheets

Thanks for any/all help

Sal
0
anonymous (74722)

Select the sheets you want then enter on the info sheet.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Sal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry for the very basic question. I have several worksheets in a workbook
and have named the first sheet 'Info'. This sheet holds such data as
'contract number' and 'user name'..... This data is required on all the
other sheets but i would like to just reference the data from the 'Info'
sheet.

> What do i have to enter on the other sheets so that this info only has to
be entered on the 'Info' sheet?

> How do i reference this data/info from the 'Info' sheet in the
header/footer of printed sheets?

> Thanks for any/all help.
>
> Sal

0
Don
11/19/2003 5:31:14 PM
Thanks for your response Don, but i will be adding sheets from a collection of standard templates so additional sheets will be copied in at later dates. What i'm trying to do is something like:

          ='Info'!B2

but this isn't working.

Sal
0
anonymous (74722)

Automatic forwarding to another user account based on some logic
Is it possible to forward emails to DIFFERENT email accounts automatically based upon the user alias on the subject line. The rule wizard allows forwarding emails to predefined email address, but is there anything can be done to forward email to user account on the subject line? Such as a custom action or a script etc? Thanks for any help provided! ...

text value of a cell
how can I return the text value of a cell useing"sumif" formula Please share with us where ideas like that come from. Sumif is, as its name indicates, supposed to return a sum. Sums are almost always numbers. HTH. Best wishes Harald "formula1" <formula1@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:42F751E8-AF57-423C-9B3B-D325C738DAEF@microsoft.com... > how can I return the text value of a cell useing"sumif" formula If you mean that you wish to total number values that are text formatted, where Sumif() doesn't recognize them as numbers, and ...

Hide Value of Cell
Hello, I have a cell (c) with this formula: =(a2/b2)-1.005. I want to hide the #DIV/0! that appears in the cell when there is no data in a2 or b2. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help. Mark One way: =IF(B2<>0,A2/B2-1.005,"") In article <189b01c4e916$67977cf0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a cell (c) with this formula: =(a2/b2)-1.005. I > want to hide the #DIV/0! that appears in the cell when > there is no data in a2 or b2. Is this possible? Thanks ...

Excel: Can I display a chart when the mouse is over a cell?
I have a worksheet and i need to be able to have a range of cells from another worksheet display when the mouse pointer is over a certain cell on the first worksheet. Is there a way to do this? If the range of cells is static and the contents of those cells don't change, you could create a comment for the cells in the first worksheet and put the values of other other worksheet in the comment. Other than that I cannot think of any other way, not even with VBA since XL doesn't raise any event when the cursor is over a particular cell. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta...

When moving one (or more) messages from one folder to another, outlook instead brings them into a new e-mail as attachments
This is outlook 2000 running on a win-98 system. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it will keep happening for the rest of the session. When I highlight one (or more) messages and select "move" and then specify a target folder, what will happen is instead of moving the messages, outlook will open a new message composition window and throw all the selected messages into the new message as attachments. Anyone ever seen this before? Solution? KB? ...

Convert amount in cell to words
hi pls help me with the formula to convert amount in cell to words like it shows sometimes on commercial invoices thanks raj -- Raj Shah ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Raj Shah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=534075 http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm This Web Site has the function you request once you have copied and pasted the code into a module, the formula will be =WordNum(A1) if your value is in A1 -- daves...

Hide Cells with Zero Value in Excel 2007 while using line chart ty
Hello All, I am using Excel 2007 and have a situation with the charting functionality. For example - I am trying to set up automatic update chart update for Jan 08 – Dec 08 data i.e. user just enters data each month and the graph trend shows up each month. I have done this a lot of times but seem to have a unique situation with excel 07 this time when I am using the line chart type to show the trend. The date cells that have some kind of formulas used i.e. if function or Iserror function etc. I tried to test the chart by entering data for January it works fine with bar graph only displ...

Macro using CLEAN & PROPER on a worksheet.
Good Morning, I have a worksheet that has multiple columns of Cut & Paste information...Some of the info is in All Caps and addtionally formated with returns the make the text appear broken up...Can anyone help me with a macro that runs whenever a button is clicked to run CLEAN & PROPER on columns "B, G, L, M, N". The number rows in each column varies but always begins at row 3. Thanks in adavance for your assistance, Respectfully, George ...

Copying Text Over Into Multiple Worksheets #2
I created a form in Word, cut and pasted it into Excel on three different spreadsheets. How can I format the worksheet to copy the text over to the other two worksheets without having to enter text three different times? Sort of like writing on a triplicate form. Is this possible? Please advise and thank you in advance. ...

Cannot copy graphics or text from one publisher document to anothe
Running Publisher 2000 on Win XP. I am unable to copy graphics or text from one publisher file to another, altho I can copy and paste within the same document. However, in some cases, I can copy TO the document, even though it is an old document. It does not seem to matter when the file was created. If I open a brand-new pub file, I can copy and paste to and from the new files. Most of the files are brochures (not using a template), but a couple are just blank pages. This was not a problem a couple of weeks ago. Before this became a problem, I updated my Office 2000 and Frontpage 2003 ...

Check for updated cell
Hello! Is it possible to check for an updated cell or range cell? Thank you very much in advance. If your cell is updated manually (or remotely), use the Worksheet_Change() event, perhaps something like: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(byRef Target As Excel.Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If .Address(False, False) = "J1" Then _ MsgBox "J1 Changed" End With End Sub Put this in your worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code). If the cell contains...

Using on one list derive from another
I need to write a formula to operate on numeric values from column B in the contiguous range of all rows where column A has a specific string value. Column A is sorted on that string value, ascending. I'm using Excel from Office Pro 2000. I'm beginning to think that I need to write some kind of private functions to find the first and last rows where column A has a specific value. Before I perused this forum this morning, I wasn't even aware of private functions. -- Mike Scott Hi if you want for example sum column B try: =SUMIF(A:A,"your string",B:B) You may e...

How to open embedded documents in excel cells?

Referencing a sheet by taking its name from a cell
I'm not even sure the title of this post is correct but it's as clear as I could make it! I'm creating a summary sheet of data from many other worksheets. The worksheet names are mmm-yy (e.g. Nov-07). The top row of the summary sheet will contain those same names, with the summary data in the column below. I'm trying to find a way to reference the correct sheet by utilising the name in the top row. Something like ='A2'!C7 , I suppose, but this particular attempt didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks! Paul Assuming that you have "Nov-07"(sheet name) in...

You cannot display this record while another user is editing it.
I had deleted a cash reciepts batch. I went to repost the batch, and when I tried to post to customer invoice's invoice's were gone. They had already been processed by pymnt00000036780. When I try to pull up this record, it get the above error message. If you look in customer inquiry to see record it looks like open invoice, pymnt000000036780 is there, but when you look at that, it tells you that record does not exsist. Did not post through to GL and does not exist anylonger( because it was deleted) How to I delete this payment record so I can post the payment and post a batc...

average Line created in an existing line graph- based on one cell
I am trying to create an average line across a current line graph. I would like it to be based only one cell so that i dont have to update the x axis every time more information is input into the spreadsheet. Is there a way to just have a line that only has the Y axis change based on one cell, and the X axis is not defined? I would like to have the line extend to the end of the chart no matter what the x axis looks like. right now i am usuing =SERIES("Average",,DATA!$M$4:$M$2401,2) -i have to increase the 2401 number every time more data is added even though the average i...

Linking Columns between worksheets
I have a workbook and I would like to do the following: sheet 1 named “End Bal” has 8 columns. In 2 of the columns; cells B5:B22 and H5:H21 contain one of the following; S, C/O, or BLOCK (text only). These designations are random and change from day-to-day. I would like to link these cells to another worksheet named “Hsk Assign”; with the cells C10:C27 and I10:I26. How is this done? I am using Excel 2007. Regards, Malcolm Malcolm Lets call the first one of the cells in "Hsk Assign" the destination cell and the corresponding cell in the "End Bal" she...

Cell controls not moving on arrow keys
hi all, in my excel sheet sometimes i get the problem like i have to press tab to move from one cell to another instead of arrow keys. What is the cause of the problem and what is the resolution. Thanks in advane Happy Happy Are you in Edit mode when the arrow keys won't move to next cell? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:21:39 +0530, "Happy" <happy@nospam.com> wrote: >hi all, > >in my excel sheet sometimes i get the problem like i have to press tab to >move from one cell to another instead of arrow keys. > >What is the cause of the p...

cell populate with corresponding match.
I have an excel sheet with two columns of importance one is names the other is score. let's for uniformity's sake say name starts at A1 and score starts at B1. In a set of different cells on the same sheet I will periodically put a name from the name column, I want the score to populate in the cell right next to it. How do I do it. Thanks in advance. If your name is in C1 , enter this formula in D1: =VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B200,2,FALSE) Adjust B200 to your needs -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "cherrynich" <cherrynich@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How do I leave out blank cells in a line graph?
I have a line-graph linked to a table of data. Some cells in the data table are blank (these cells have an apostrophe in), and at the moment the line graph displays these cells as zeros. But I'd like these blank cells to be omitted in the graph, and not displayed as 0. I've tried 'Tools>Options>Chart>' but the 'Plot empty cells as Not plotted is greyed out'. Can anyone help?! Either blank, or with an apostrophe, won't be treated as empty. If the cells aren't totally empty, try replacing the contents by N/A#. Perhaps IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,NA()). --...

vba looping for blank cells
hi there, to simplify, I need to work out some VBA to take the value of populated cells in column C and insert this into blank cells in column A. A B C a 10.00 a 20.00 30.00 b 1.00 b 23.00 b 25.00 b 15.00 64.00 c 24.00 c 54.00 c 62.00 140.00 d 1.00 1.00 I could work out how to loop to find the populated cells in C and then to find blanks in A but I have no idea how to combine this code and then to insert the value it has found from C into A. The number of lines inbetween always varies and the first value will match the first blank etc. Again, any help would be really very gratefully a...

Why does my mouse select multiple cells when I want one in Excel?
When I am left or right clicking a cell in Excel, it selects 3-4 cells in lieu of the one I want. How do I fix this? I use a Logitech LX& Cordless mouse and this issue is only in Excel. Try F8 to toggle this mode of operation. -- David Biddulph Peter wrote: > When I am left or right clicking a cell in Excel, it selects 3-4 > cells in lieu of the one I want. > How do I fix this? > I use a Logitech LX& Cordless mouse and this issue is only in Excel. try F8 "Peter" skrev: > When I am left or right clicking a cell in Excel, it selects 3-...

Showing another worksheet from a form
I have created a form. I want to be able to click on a command butto and show another worksheet (ie.graph). When finished viewing I want t click on a close command button and return to the form. Is this possible in Excel. Thanks in anticipation. Regards Rhem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rhema, There may be a slicker way, but you can to this. In the form, the button runs this (put in UserForm module): Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() UserForm1.Hide ' dismiss the form Sheets("Chart1").Visible = True ' optional Sheets("Chart1").Select Act...

VBA part of cell content
Hi all, I want to do something (change font size and font color f.i.) with the part of the content of the active cell that is between the second and the third chr(10). What code do I need? I thank you in advance for your advice. Jack Sons The Netherlands This might get you started.......modify as needed Sub HighlightCharacter() With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=3, Length:=2).Font .FontStyle = "Bold" .Size = 14 .ColorIndex = 3 End With End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jack Sons" <j.sons@planet.nl>...

Link data from particular sheet based on cell reference
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer! Just a quick note that I was hoping to do this via formula. Is there a way to bring back data from a particular worksheet depending on what is in a particular cell? For example I have several identical ranges on separate tabs, the tabs are named (Smith, Jones, etc) Each range is the same on each sheet: b17..d62 which includes Number, Start Date, End Date, Type In the input sheet if I put in cell d12 the name Smith I want it to copy over any cells in the Smith tab, range b17 to d62 that are filled in . I saw that there was some help earl...