Recording Sports Tournaments

Hi,

I am trying to concoct a spreadsheet that will keep a track of sport
tournaments as they progress.

The tournament format is one of four pools of four teams, the top tw
teams progressing to the knockout stages.

I have a list of the fixtures and cells in which to put the score
during matches. From these cells I want to know how I can get Excel t
calculate league tables for each group.

I know there is a RANK function that may be of some use but it is stil
a mystery to me how to run league tables in Excel and moreover how t
present four different leagues on one sheet.

If anyone has experience of running these types of spreadsheets then i
would be great to hear from them.

Ralphatio

capturing excel records to access tables
I would to get your assistant in capturing, data entered into Excel for analysis. each set of data is in each separated excel work book. I would like to put these data into one table in access. Say when the work book is closed. any information will be appreciated, thanks. ...

How to select a recorded Macro from a Custom POS button
I am using a touchscreen and have the custom keyboard laid out and would like to add some quick links to recorded macro's through the Custom POS button. I have found the way to do it for standard buttons but not for those created by myself. -- Thank you for the help!! Richard Look here: http://homepage.mac.com/tomncora/FileSharing10.html Download the README file from the AltKeys directory. READ IT. Download as much or as little as you need to make it work. I've been using it for nearly two years - works great. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "RikPage" wrote: >...

running difference between adjacent records in report
I need to calculate the "in-between-time" for two records. Example: process 1 starts at 11:00 a.m. and ends at 11:15 a.m.; process 2 starts at 12:30 p.m. and ends at 12:45 p.m. I need to calculate the difference between the end of process 1 and the beginning of process 2 in an Access 2003 report. This is sort of the opposite of a running sum, but I cannot figure out if I can manipulate the running sum function to find the answer. You can do this by declaring a variable to hold the ending date/time from the previous record, so you can compare it to the starting time from the...

Updating a certain number of records on a table
I have a table with 100 records. One of the fields on the table is EmployeeName. I want to update 75 records to have EmployeeName "Robert" and the other 25 to have EmployeeName "Gina". Is there a way to do this? Thanks! If it doesn't matter which records, first limit the returns to 75 records. The SELECT TOP 75 can do this. You want to use a unique field, such as the primary key, or you may get extra records if there are duplicates for the 75th record. Then using that query as the subquery. Joining on the primary key would be best. It would look s...

Recording bimonthly mortgage payments in MS Money
I have my mortgage deducted twice a month (bimonthly) and then I pay an additional payment each year. How would this be recorded in Money so it works in the budget tool? I'm currently transfering it to an asset and deducting the payments from that account but the budget can intrepret it for my ledger. Any help? -- Thank you! ...

Combo box values for existing and new records
Hello, I don't really know how to formulate question, so I will try to explain problem shortly: I have created small invoicing application in Access 2007 for renting business - there is table of customers, table of invoices and table of devices we offer for rent (there is one type of devices, total number - around 10) There is form for entering new customers and that form contains combo box, which is lookup to devices table - so user can pick one of devices. Everything works so far. I wanted to introduce new feature - when adding new customer, user can choose only from ...

Insert record into IV00108 manually
Hi, I was trying add new price level information with special price into IV00108 by inserting new record for each item, when i look into GP price list maintenance it's showing special price list with 0 price and when i select any lookup for that line and come back it update actual price. Some window level scripting or something might required to update IV00108?? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Regards, Dharmesh Hi Again, Actually i was missing to do entry in IV00107 and hence i was facing this problem, It's sorted out now af...

Adding Multiple Records
Hi, I am attempting to add multiple records to a table from a command button. All but one of the fields will be the same for each record. I have checkboxes with user names, and I'd like to add a record for each user that is checked. The form is unbound - with textboxes that will hold the standard information for each record. I just need to add separate records based on whether the user's checkbox is checked... if chkbox.value = -1 then docmd.runsql "insert into..." I'm having trouble setting up the loop and/or recordset. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Mappings
Hi All, could somebody navigate me to SDK, where is explained following case: I have created my own entity, when i use contant as lookup and i need to automatically fill different field with value from Contact related field. I don't create new record in my own entity from contacts. Is there some example how to do it? Thanks a lot Radek Radek, You cannot do this via a mapping. You will need to write a callout to retrieve the values required from contact onCreate of the custom entity record. There is a callout sample in the SDK for your reference. HTH, Niths "Radek Novak&qu...

Deleting Records
I know that when a Record is deleted, what happens is that the DeleteCode is set from 0 to 2 (or 1, i don't remember), but then how long until its actually deleted in SQL? I've seen different ranges....... Also, is there a way to extend the delete process? For example, just run every 24 hours... -Gary Gary, The deletion service runs on a periodic basis to actually perform the delete. If you wanted to do something like every 24 hours, you could setup some scripts that stop/start the deletion service on a scheduled basis. I don't know if you can control it's intenal interv...

CRM 3.0 should allow me to display all the records than just 250.
MS CRM 3.0 should allow us to display all the records obtained by Advanced search as one of the option. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6e70a8fd-d506-4aee-a...

Wizard does not create an Event Procedure for find record combo bo
I've got a MS A 2003 mdb form within which I'd like a pull down to select a record from a table. After going through the wizard the look-up does not work and there is no "Event Procedure" created in the after update section... I've used this in the past with a different installation of Access 2003 without issue.. Thanks in advance! It sounds like you might be trying to use the dreaded *LookupField* in an Access table. You might visit: www.mvps.org/access for a discussion as to why you shouldn't. To achieve the result you seem to be seeking, create a form b...

How do I merge records to post cards, one record per card, four/sh
I completed the merge to Avery 8383 - 5.5 x 4.25 postcards - 4 per sheet -- BUT the Publisher document prints FOUR OF THE SAME ADDRESSES PER SHEET -- I NEED FOUR DIFFERENT ADDRESSES FROM THE MERGE PER SHEET. HELP!!! You can only have one card on your screen for the merge to work correctly. In page setup, postcards. Print preview will show the same information on each card, this is a bug. Print a sample if you are unsure. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jOAN mARIE" <jOAN mARIE@discussions.microsoft.com...

Record 1 for 1 share
For every share that I purchase, my employer matches the purchase. The employer matched share has to be held for a minimum period of 5 years before it can be sold. 3 months ago these shares were split 1:1 and at that point my shares (100) and employer matched shares (100) in effect became 200 in total. How do I input these details in Money 2005 standard? Which details? The split? Same answer. Is this a 401k? Are you asking about how to account for the matching money? Is this a stock option? Are you asking how to account for that? "TomDick" <TomDick@discussions.microsoft.c...

Record is locked (deadlock was detected)
when trying to run a CM Transaction I get "A get/change next operation on table 'CM_Transaction' deadlock was detected. when I click on more details i am given the following. [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Transaction (process ID 77) was deadlocked on thread | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Return the transaction. currently I have ensured that no one is logged in. I view the odb.dex_lock table in the tempDB and cleared it. At this point I can run a reconciliation with no errors where I ...

macro recorder
For some reason when I invoke the macro recorder (Tools/Macro/Record a New Macro) I do not get the accompanying tool bar with the "Stop recording" button or the the "Relative" cell reference button. Is there some setting in Options that needs to be set or do I need to re-install Excel? Jim Carter Hi Jim, View>Toolbars>Stop recording -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jim Carter" <jim@vcb-cpa.com> wrote in message news:10bpcsfncfidd83@corp.supernews.com... > For some reason when I invoke the macro recorder (Tools/Macro/Rec...

Create new record
Just wonder if I press the * button on the record selector, is there a new record already inserted? I have a autoincrement field in a record, I would like to know if the new record is really appended so that I can get the latest autoincrement number. ...

list attachments in a form or record
I have figured out how to add attachments to a record, but the default way of handling them on forms isn't the greatest. I would like to be able to have a list of the attachments directly on a form (I have a form that lists details for contacts and I would like one of the fields to be the list of attachments). I would also like the ability to select and open the attachments from the form. Is this possible? I did a quick search and haven't found any discussion that covers this. I'm using Access 2007. First I would question that maybe you shouldn't store the do...

"Organize important records" printout
In the Home Inventory section of the Home Page is a section for organizing important records. But there doesn't seem to be any way to print out anything from this section. Nothing in the Reports section or even a File/Print command. So, how can I print out my important records reports? ...

Network Programming
All, Please excuse the duplicate posts. I have been given a assignment recently to track URL requests on client machines. This process will just record requests entered by users in Client web browsers. Is there a way to track DNS requests? The process will be on each of the users machines. Is there any good books and/or examples out there on such a task? I have not done much network programming in Windows. I have done a course or two in Unix network programming back when I was in college but thats more then a while back. Any good pointers or suggestions are really appreciated, Thanks, ...

Only Display records before and after a change in teh value of a f
I have a table that looks like the following RUNID | DATETIME | PROCESS 0001 1/1/09 1201 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1202 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1203 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1204 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1205 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1206 Body 0001 1/1/09 1207 Body 0001 1/1/09 1208 Body 0001 1/1/09 1209 Body 0001 1/1/09 1210 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1211 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1212 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1213 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1214 Body 0001 1/1/09 1215 Body 0001 ...

Cannot promote email to CRM record and select regarding case
In SFO we cannot promote an incoming email to a CRM record and select regarding Case. We can select regarding everything else, and when sending we can select regarding Case, but when promoting Case is simply not on the Drop Down menu. We have 1.2 with all the latest updates. Can someone please help? Unfortunately SFO does not let you select cases in "regarding" You can hack the XML for the lookup so that it does this, but thats not supported... Peter "Biyoojok" <biyoojok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1116819255.293512.81100@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com.....

How to show what record number you are on in form?
I have created an unbound form in Access 2007 and am listing the records which are in my table. I found out how to show how many records there are in the table but would also like to show which record you are on. For example, when I click the next button to see the next record it will show: "Record 2 Of 30", and so on. This is the one I used to count the amount of records: Dim countRecords As Long countRecords = DCount("customerNumber", "customer") Me.txtRecordAmount = "Record # Of " & countRecords How can I show what reco...

using excel to calculate win-loss records
If i have an excel spreadsheet detailing my sports program's win-loss records, i have a column titled "W/L"...and a "W" if they win and an "L" if they lose. Is there a formula that would total the amount of "W"'s and "L"'s and display it in a traditional Win-Loss format? (ie Wins-Losses, or for example 3-14) Any help would be appreciated. if your W or L range is c5:c11 this should work =CONCATENATE(COUNTIF($C$5:$C$11,"W"),"-",COUNTIF($C$5:$C$11,"L") -- duan -------------------------------------...

MX Record SBS 2008
Hi, Setup a new SBS 2008 with remote.mydomain.com. Installed a 3rd party SSL cert. Previously the client was using POP3 emails. Problem is we can't receive emails. We've changed the DNS A record for 'remote' to the external server IP address as normal. We've deleted the old MX record for Mail and replaced it with Remote. A Records Mail > Server IP address Remote > Server IP address MX Record Remote > Server IP address > Priority 0 I have made sure port forwarding is setup on the router, I can telnet port 25 to the server and I can se...