Record Macro Relative does not work?

Can someone help me with this macro.     I want to go to any cell of my
choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell,
then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size
(8), then "enter".       I tried to make this macro using the record macro
function, but it did not work how I want it to.     It ends up pasting the
contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially.        Can
this kind of macro be done?

0
df6897 (6)

To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is
visible, it has 2 icons, one is to stop the recording the other is
relavie/absolute

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"lbbss" wrote:

> Can someone help me with this macro.     I want to go to any cell of my
> choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell,
> then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size
> (8), then "enter".       I tried to make this macro using the record macro
> function, but it did not work how I want it to.     It ends up pasting the
> contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially.        Can
> this kind of macro be done?

0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/13/2004 5:03:08 PM
Yes, I tried that but does not help.

"Peo Sjoblom" <PeoSjoblom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is
> visible, it has 2 icons, one is to stop the recording the other is
> relavie/absolute
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "lbbss" wrote:
>
> > Can someone help me with this macro.     I want to go to any cell of my
> > choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that
cell,
> > then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size
> > (8), then "enter".       I tried to make this macro using the record
macro
> > function, but it did not work how I want it to.     It ends up pasting
the
> > contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially.
Can
> > this kind of macro be done?

0
df6897 (6)
12/13/2004 7:35:20 PM
Works fine for me, of course you'll get a lot of extra not needed, I just
recorded this

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 12/13/2004 by SjoblomP
'

'
    With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=6, Length:=6).Font
         .Size = 8
    End With
   End Sub

Of course I got rid of 95% and I don't see the need for enter but if you
want to go to the cell below it would be

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

after End With

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"lbbss" wrote:

> Yes, I tried that but does not help.
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" <PeoSjoblom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is
> > visible, it has 2 icons, one is to stop the recording the other is
> > relavie/absolute
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > "lbbss" wrote:
> >
> > > Can someone help me with this macro.     I want to go to any cell of my
> > > choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that
> cell,
> > > then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size
> > > (8), then "enter".       I tried to make this macro using the record
> macro
> > > function, but it did not work how I want it to.     It ends up pasting
> the
> > > contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially.
> Can
> > > this kind of macro be done?

0
PeoSjoblom (789)

OWA Exch 2003 Not Working
I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to do http://127.0.0.1/Exchange and also http://servername/Exchange and I get the same message. Did OWA not install right. On 14 Mar, 13:01, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and > when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to dohttp://127.0.0.1/Exchangeand alsohttp://servername/Exchangeand I get the > same message. Did OWA no...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

Macro's with Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift?
When you record a new macro it asks you what Ctrl key you want to access it with. If you Edit the Properties of a Macro it asks you what Ctrl-Shift key you want to use to access a macro. How can you have more control over this to assign the proper key to a macro? Thanks. Al, I don't know what you mean by "edit the properties of a macro." You can assign a Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift combination (excluding number keys) to macros either when about to record a macro, or later with Tools - Macro - Macros - Options. If by "have more control," you mean keys other than C...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Remote Wipe Out Work with Treo 650?
Debating whether to get the Treo 650's with the ActiveSync built in vs. the PPC-6700 (both from Sprint) for our marketing reps here. Treo's are appealing due to how cheap they are now, and with the ActiveSync looks like you can sync up with xng2k3 sp2 (which we are implementing now). ActiveSync aside, can the Treo's be remotely wiped out with the Mobility Tool in xng2k3? Or is this feature only compatible with Windows Mobile OS? Anyone? Thx! No it can't. Remote wipe will only work with Windows mobile 5.0 devices with AKU 2.0 (formerly MSFP). Treo 650 is Palm OS. -- Be...

Online Quotes don't work anymore
Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS Money 2001 standard. Any clues? There was a glitch for a bit that seems to be cleared up now... "Robert" <bob@flythrough.com> wrote in message news:069d01c357ca$e4ccc060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS > Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >-----Original Message----- >Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS >Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >. >I have the same issue. It worked the first time but not since. Big problem for m...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

delegate email still not working
for exch 2003 on outlook 2003 newly supporting the above, i did not set up the initial install i created a new user with ad wizard, so it created email account, mailbox, etc i opened up a mail account for the new user in outlook express and was able to receive mail in oe for the new user, then i deleted that acct in outlook express then i added that new user account to an exisiting outlook2003 already connected to another exch mailbox, in the advanced add user section, that newly added delegate user has all permissions the outlook directory tree added the new user mailbox and exch accepted...

Autofilter on protected work book?
Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a macro, e.g.: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES" It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it worked, but not now. Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)? Good morning Muppet Does this article help? http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- ...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

AutoPreview works intermittently
Outlook 2002 SP2 Affected Inbox is connecting to an IMAP server AutoPreview set to 'Preview unread items' I am an IT technitian and I have a user who likes to have her unread mail items in her Inbox to use the AutoPreview feature. At one point I went to View/Current View/Customize Current View.../Other settings... and chose 'No AutoPreview' option. I recently restored the 'Preview unread items' option. Now, an email will only AutoPreview if: I manually mark a read email as unread (right clicking on email and choosing 'Mark As Unread') or: right clic...

Create Excel macro for barcode output
I am looking for suggestions or samples of an Excel macro that will output barcodes that can be printed and then attached onto loan documents. Example: input loan # 555 and print off 20 barcoded labels - each label contains loan number + the document type. hi, you don't need a macro for that. we just got throught barcodeing our part numbers in the ware house and used excel and no macro. bar codes are just another font. excel uses 3 0f 9 barcode font. you can download others off the net. you can format a cell with this font and it will show as barcode on the sheet and numbers in th...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I stopped working
Using Office 2003 on Win XP SP2. Recently the Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I stopped working for quickly switch to your Inbox. Any advice? John ...