Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108

I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not
recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003.
Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text?

ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select
and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts)
(the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB)

Cheers Ben
0
bennyob (13)

Sheets changing names
The following macro saves various lists to new sheets in the same workbook. The first save is named 12-4-09 the second is 12-4-09a and so on. The initial Sheet is “Master” What happens is that on the first save the Master’s list does not remain as it was originally but changes to match the list that was just saved as (12-4-09) list This means that both sheets are the same On the next save to (12-4-09a) it actually has the list that was in 12-4-09a and the new list is in the old 12-4-09. I don’t know if I am making my self clear but if you open a workbook and rename the sheet Mas...

Does INSTR() work on memo fields
Does INSTR() work on memo fields ? It seems like I'm not finding text that is there. On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:52:02 -0700, mscertified wrote: > Does INSTR() work on memo fields ? > > It seems like I'm not finding text that is there. Yes it does. Why not post exactly what you are trying to do and how you are doing it? -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Previous Command No Longer Works
I’m using coding below to insert “0000-yy” into a textbox. The numbering system works great except that I have lost the ability to move back to the previous record. It must be something to do with the code. How can I fix it? Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Then Dim strWhere As String Dim varResult As Variant strWhere = "IncidentID Like """ & Format(Date, "yy") & "*""" varResult = DMax("IncidentID", "tblIncidentLog", strWhere) If IsNull(varResult) Then ...

Check 2 columns of names for duplicates
I have 2 very large lists of names. I need to quickly see if any of the names that appear in one column match any of the names in the other column. (One list is existing customers, one list is leads for new business. I don't want to send existing customers an offer to do business.) Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques for working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm jimp wrote: > > I have 2 very large lists of names. I need to quickly see if any of the names that appear in one column match any of the names in the other column. (One list is existing cust...

Summarize project time from different sheets in one without losing references when sorting the cells.
hi I have a a lot of sheets in one excel-file, about 25 upwards , and in these I fill in the time for each project each person is involved in. What I want is a sheet with a summary for all the projects. Every project has a six digit code. Can I create a formula that searches through the entire project for example project 440011 and return the value to the sheet where I summarize all the time? The problem is that I want the projects to be sorted by the six digit code but when I sort them in each persons sheet the references in the summarized sheet will be wrong. Does anyone understand what ...

Outlook Does Not Recognize One or More Names!
Using Microsoft Office 2003, all the latest updates. I get that error message now, when I click "Send" on an e-mail message to someone who does not appear in my address book, or to whom I did not send mail to or receive mail from before, and the mail will not go into the Outbox, to be sent. What is causing that? Of course I will sometimes write to people whom are not in my address book, and with whom I have not corresponded before. Of course Outlook will not always recognize an e-mail address I am sending a message to. Why that should generate an error message, and refuse to send t...

to Filter or not to Filter option not working...
i had a from with a combobox: cmbFilter and this code behind it... cmbFilter_BeforeUpdate() Me.Filter = "[Source] = '" & Me![cmbFilter] & "'" Me.FilterOn = True this worked fine... then i added an option group with 2 controls: optShowAll, and optFilterList (with respective functions) and added this code behind each: optShowAll_GotFocus() me.cmbFilter.enabled = False me.FilterON = False optFilterList_GotFocus() me.cmbFilter = "" me.cmbFilter.enabled = True now, basically nothing works... (what am i missing...

Cannot get the smart tags to work in Excel
Hey Guys, I'm using Excel 07 on Vista, off lately smart tags don't work anymore. I tried Excel /safe and smart tags work in the app safe mode. Can someone help me out with this issue? Thanks. ...

protecting sheet
Morning all, I'm trying to understand the purpose of the "Allow all users of this worksheet to:" in the protect sheet menu. It implies that a worksheet can be protected in a granular fashion. For example I could allow the user to insert columns, add data, format rows, but not delete columns or rows. When I try selecting these options and then save the sheet, i'm always prompted to unprotect before any data can be entered. I'm trying to understand the purpose of the "Allow all users of this worksheet to:" check boxes. If it's necessary to unprotect befo...

how can we sort data as we could do it in works? Select one colum.
MP, not sure of you question because I do not have works, but in excel, using the sort buttons on the too bar, if you have data in A:C and if you select column A only column A is sorted, if you select a cell in column A then A will sort but the data in B:C will be move with it. If this does not answer your question post back with more info. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply b...

XmlSerializer in COM exported C# does not work on every machine
Hi, I have written a component using C# (using .NET 2.0) that inside at some point does a Deserialize operation on a string that was passed to it using XmlSerializer. This works just fine on my computer, where I register it, and can call it from say a ASP page using VBScript and CreateObject. It also works on at least another computer. However, when I deploy the solution to our server (W2K3) or to a third computer (another developers machine), I get a mysterious InvalidOperationException which says it did not expect the XML element that the string begins with (root element). Sys...

Auto fill multiple sections with different names
I have weekly time broken down by category, however, only the total line has the corresponding names. How do i fill the above cells with the corresponding name on the total line. For example(where blank insert last name on total line) Col A Col D blank wk27 blank wk28 blank wk29 blank wk30 Smith Total blank wk27 blank wk28 blank wk29 johnson Total thanks Try this: 1. Select the cells in column A 2. Press F5 3. Select 'Blanks...

Money online features stop working with IE 7.0 beta
A reported bug. They are looking for a fix. None of the online features work with IE 7.0 installed. Have to take it off in Add/Remove Programs and go back to IE version 6. Really liked IE 7.0 but can't do online banking. Oh, well. Have you tried Mozilla Firefox? It is extensible and loaded with features. I rarely use IE. I use IE if and when I might encounter Java problems at some site. arthur == On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 20:11:43 -0500, "Jim Seidel" <seidel_jk@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >A reported bug. They are looking for a fix. None of the online features work >...

How to revert to an earlier version of a spreadsheet
Is there a way to revert to an earlier saved version of an Excel document (other than find a backed up copy on a server)? No. In article <182501c49b34$0807a560$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Jessie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to revert to an earlier saved version of an > Excel document (other than find a backed up copy on a > server)? ...

test #41

copy sheet
Hi i made this code Sub bladenkopie() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim naam As String, rij As Integer Dim teller As Integer Dim i As Integer Sheets(3).Select Columns("A:A").NumberFormat = "0" teller = Sheets.Count rij = 2 Sheets(3).Select naam = Cells(rij, 3).Value Do While naam <> "" Sheets("Blad2").Copy After:=Sheets(teller) Sheets(Sheets.Count).Name = teller Sheets(3).Cells(rij, 8).Copy Cells(1, 7) Cells(1, 7).Font.ColorIndex = 2 teller = teller + 1 rij = rij + 1 naam = Sheets(3).Cells(rij, 3).Value Loop ...

WHy isnt my weboutlook working?
I need some help because my weboutlook server crashed last nite and I wasn't able to have it go back up...I can get emails within my lan and I can access the weboutlook within my lan...but when I exit my lan...I can't access web outlook. Thank you for your help, What exactly happens when you attempt to use OWA from outside of your LAN? Litsa wrote: > I need some help because my weboutlook server crashed > last nite and I wasn't able to have it go back up...I can > get emails within my lan and I can access the weboutlook > within my lan...but when I exit my la...

how i draw a shart for multi sheet ?
i have amulti worksheet and i need to make a chart for all Hi, If I understand, you want to create a chart which uses data from multiple sheets? If so the easiest way is to build a summary area which pulls the data in from the different sheets and then chart that. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "ahmad" wrote: > i have amulti worksheet and i need to make a chart for all This page adds a little information to Shane's post: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

link sent to user does not work
An e-mail with a link to a file on our file server does not work. The sender (a domain admin) pasted the address into the e-mail (ex. <\\server\share\file>) but the recipient was not able to click on it. The recipient is a domain admin with full rights to the folder where the file is stored. I had the sender resend the email to me and I was able to click on the link and open the file. Any help would be appreciated. Let me preface that I have just joined this group, and am not near as knowledgable about this stuff as others, but like taking stabs. Is the recipient opening his...

Test news
Test news sorry Camino Lopez Mi personal page: http://www.buscaconcurso.com/ ...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Intellesense stops working for my MFC project
The IntelliSense suddenly stopped working for my MFC project. Whenever it’s triggered, there is an “IntelliSense: ‘No additional information available’” error in the status bar. Of course no intellisense info popped out in my code. I already verified that 1) There is no code error since the whole project compiles ok; 2) The code is not inside a comment; 3) The code is not inside a string literal; 4) The intellisense is enabled; 5) I tried deleting the .ncb file and reopening project and it didn’t help. However, this seems to be project specific as the intellisense works if I create a new ...

how do I reveerse name order last name, first name to first name, last name
I have a long database, 27k with names that I want to mail to. The list is last name, first name. I want to do a global change to first name, last name. I also want to add "Mr" to it. For example: the list now is Smith, John. I want to change it to Mr. John Smith for the entire list. Assuming there is only one comma in each: ="Mr. "&TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1)))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1) Note that some of the women might be offended.... 27k names, all male? Scott Don Smith wrote: > I hav...

Displayed Name and Email Address
Hi, Our company email account is actually a distribution group in the exchange server of our SBS2003. There are two members in this group. In other words, any inbound email to the company email account, both members (accounts) get an email copy. The emails of these two account are retrieved via outlook 2003 (which the type of the account is exchange server). Now the question is: how can I set the outlook so that the recipient "see" the email address is the distribution group address and name. This can easily be done in pop3 account. But for exchange server account, there is n...

Changing Server Name
I set up an Exchange 2003 server. While messing around with the settings, I realized I did not like the name of the machine, so I changed it. But, in ESM, it still shows the old server name. How do I change the server name in ESM? Thanks, Jeff On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:32:51 -0800, Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I set up an Exchange 2003 server. While messing around with the >settings, I realized I did not like the name of the machine, so I >changed it. But, in ESM, it still shows the old server name. How do >I change the server name in ESM? > >Th...