Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108

I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not
recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003.
Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text?

ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select
and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts)
(the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB)

Cheers Ben
0
bennyob (13)

Change display name #2
Hello, Currently we're hosting 4 domains. To keep everything organized I've added the location name to the users' display name. Example: LOC1_Bob Smith, LOC2_Tom Smith. This is something we want to show in the users' To: box when using outlook. The drawback is when emails are sent to the "outside" those recipients see that display name too. Is there another/better way of doing this? Thank you, Chris Pirillo <chrisp516@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > > > Currently we're hosting 4 domains. To keep everything organized I've > ...

can't resolve user names
i've just added exchange 2003 to a small business server 2003 network. The users were already apart of the domain. My problem is that i want to add them to the exchange server and i can not get them connected because when i hit check name it never checks out correctly. am i missing something. This is a fresh first install of exchange and i can get the administrator account to get email. I just can't get it to work on any users. In news:OGRukk%23QGHA.4608@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andrew Mallette <Andrewm270@aol.com> typed: > i've just added exchange 2003 to a small bu...

help on adding a commandbar using VB com addin
Adding Commandbar to the New Mail message Inspector Window I was trying to add a new tool bar and also customize my new toolbar t automatically contain some commands programmatically. I wanna write COM add-in to OutLook that adds a new toolbar to the OutLook' Toolbar. This tool bar should apear only in new mail window. There are two commands(buttons) by name "Digitally sign Message" an "Encrypt Message Contents and Attachments". These are present in the Tools -> Customize -> Commands -> I categories select Standard -> on the Right side, if you scroll do...

Protect sheet help
I have a worksheet was setup to allow users to edit certain ranges when worksheet is protected. I deleted one of the ranges which users should not edit it anymore from the “Allow Users Edit Ranges…” window; however, the deleted range was editable even when the worksheet was protected. Just to experiment, I deleted all ranges from the “Allow Users Edit Ranges…” window, therefore, users should not be able to edit the entire worksheet when the worksheet is protected, and however, I was able to edit all ranges that were pervious setup to allow users to edit. Any ideas? Check that the cells are...

Reapplying Notest Master not working
I've tried this in PP2007 & PP2010 RC. I have a handful of decks where I've modified the notes master to include new headers and footers. However many random slides in the decks aren't using the master. I've tried to visit each one and apply the notes master, but in some cases one of the following happens: (1) nothing happens, (2) only the slide & notes field get updated, the footers & headers don't change. Is there a way to say "blow away all customizations to the notes page use the notes master for everything" ??? Seems like this should be a...

Combining data from multiple sheets
I have been using OmniPage 12 to scan columnar data and then export it to Excel. So far I have had reasonable success with the OCR formatting but when exporting the data, each scanned sheet becomes a sheet in Excel. I want all the data on one sheet so that I can manipulate it (sort, pivot, etc.). I have had no luck with help at the OmniPage bulletin board so I thougt, alternatively, is there a way to combine data from multiple sheets that would be simpler than copy/paste. Hi Ron - Have you tried going from the other direction? If OmniPage allows you to save the files as Text (I beli...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

Office 2004 on Intel works, for a while, then apps will not launch
Hello all! I searched previous posts extensively before posting. But my problem does not seem to come from corrupted fonts or preferences. Problem : Office apps work fine after a reboot, but eventually, I become unable to relaunch them. I have to reboot again to get them to work. Details : MacBook Pro, 1gig of ram. Office 2004 11.2.6. OS 10.4.7. I'll open Entourage, work a bit, close it, and then I can't open it anymore. The splash screen does not even appear completely (white rectangle). Console gives : ***** Date/Time: 2006-08-09 12:03:11.089 -0400 OS Version: 10.4.7 (...

VB to XML?
I have an Access db app that I made, I want to put in a webpage, how do I go about this, do I use XML .NET ASP? The more detailed information the better. I am clueless. thanks. ...

i am using trial version of outlook but it wont allow me to reply
i am using atrial version of outlook but when i try to reply to the email it wont let me, the reply word is not lit in the tool bar? Has your trial expired? Did you activate it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, terry mansfield asked: | i am using atrial version of outlook but when i try to reply to the | email it wont let me, the reply word is not lit in the tool bar? terry mans...

Why does Autoexpand in combo box not work with accented characters?
To quote the Access online help: You can use the AutoExpand property to specify whether Microsoft Access automatically fills the text box portion of a combo box with a value from the combo box list that matches the characters you enter as you type in the combo box. This lets you quickly enter an existing value in a combo box without displaying the list box portion of the combo box. This works fine when I use the normal English alphabet, but fails if I type an accented character as the first character of a name in a foreign language such as Hungarian. Is there any way to make AutoExpand ...

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

Excel creating 'backup' version of my sheet...
Hi, a user noticed that one of his sheets is creating backup-copies by itself... - He deletes the backup version - opens the original sheet - change something - saves the original sheet - closes the original sheet tadaaaaa.... now a new file with 'name backup.xls' is created... He told me that he noticed this behaviour when he was 'protecting' his sheet by a password. Now we moved to Office2007 and he wants to get rid of this behaviour. Any suggestions? (btw, no add-ins are installed!) FOUND, Seems there is an extra checkbox, hidden in the tools options in 'Save...

Selecting a named range, the name of the named range is in a cell
What i want to do is the following : I have a cell which i have named "ExtraRisk". This cell contains text : example "Electricity", which is also the name of a range. Now i want to select this named range "Electricity" & copy the range How do i do this. What i have so far is : Sub Risicos_toevoegen() ..... Sheets("MASTER").Select 'I'm stuck here.... Application.Goto Reference:="ExtraRisk" 'I do not want to copy the named range "ExtraRisk", but i want to copy the named range where the va...

How do I copy only subtotals to a new sheet?
Not including selecting each one individually. Select the range, press F5, select special and visible cells only, copy and paste Regards, Peo Sjoblom "darlinvee" wrote: > Not including selecting each one individually. Hi The way I do it is to set the grouping to display just the totals. Hit F5 and from Special select visible cells. Copy and Edit|Paste Special|Values where you want them to go! Andy. "darlinvee" <darlinvee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96DBD597-C934-4198-8407-370DB3369593@microsoft.com... > Not including selecting ...

java srcipt not working, getting about blank page
i have windows xp recently i have been getting a blank page behind the page im trying to open, mainly pogo games or playsite games, i have all new updates from microsoft installed, but i cant change calender set up either, what di i need to do This newsgroup is for questions related to Microsoft Publisher. You would be better off posting your question to the appropriate group. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "the big bud man 8" <the big bud man 8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED6D77A-DD80-48B8-A58A-1FC98613ED2A@microsoft.com... >i hav...

Method of calling a function where function name is stored in a variable or control
Is there a way to call a function (or sub for that matter) where the function/sub name is stored in a variable? For instance lets say I have a table that stores some function names. On a form I have a list box that displays the records in that table. For this example lets say they all accomplish similar things and all require the same numbef of arguments and none of them return a value. If Call were the right method to accomplis this it might look sometihng like this Dim lngArgument as Long lngArgument = 1234 Call Me.lstBox, lngArgument In this case Call would run the function...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

Physical Inventory Does Not Work With Matrix Items.
The physical inventory feature in RMS is not usable with matrix type items. It is impossible to filter the inventory count down to a managable number of items for a matrix items. The items I sell consist of a model name, a size, and a color. The matrix lookup code (model name) is not available as a filter. When I try to filter the physical inventory list I get thousands of irrelevant items mixed in with what I want to inventory. I would suggest that the item lookup code be added as a filter for the physical inventory. I would also suggest that when you make a matrix inactive that it ...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...

autocomplete addresses not working
I have just set up an account and imported my contacts via a windows csv file, now when I start a new mail and start to type in the 'To' field the address isn't automatically recognised. I have the settings correct in Advanced e mail settings. Can this be restored? You will restore it when you send enough messages to populate your autocompletion cache. That's what Autocomplete uses, not your Contacts. Autoresolution (Automatic Name Checking) uses your Contacts Data. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

How do I Change the Column Names (Re-Name A -
I want to Change the Column Headings from letters to actual names. How do I do that? hi this can not be done. excel needs these to find/remember where everthing is on the spreadsheet grid. you can change the letters to numbers but that is it. on the 2003 menu bar... tools>options>general tab. check R1C1 reference style. or you can get rid of the letters all togeather. on the 2003 menu bar.... tools>options>view tab>uncheck row & column headers. but they are still there, just not visible. usually when someone want to wants to get rid of the column header letters, they u...

Outlook Express Delete not working
Windows XP Home Outlook Express won't let me delete all my deleted emails at one time. I can only do won at a time. In the EDIT, the (delete all deleted messages) isn't highlighted. Is there a quick fix for this? Hi Jack, Open Outlook Express. Click Tooks at the top then click Options. Click Maintenance. Check the first option. Click Apply then click OK. Close Outlook Express. Open Outlook Express. Check the folder. -- thecreator "Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com> wrote in message news:ehU1082ALHA.98...

Change Domain in version 1.2
Are there established steps for changing/moving a CRM 1.2 system from one domain to another? All of the users will have new domain accounts, but otherwise their usernames will remain the same. Yes, use the Redeployment Tool that you can download from the support site. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Lidia" <lidia@op.pl> wrote in message news:4A7738A4-04D3-48CF-802B-C9A08B0745E1@microsoft.com... Are there established steps for changing/moving a CRM 1.2 system from one domain to another? All of the users will have new domain accounts, but otherwise their usernames ...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...