Recent documents don't display

Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel.  Not grayed out, but simply
does not show any.
--
Dana

Go to Office Button-

Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display”
In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number &
modify as you like.

--
MFS22

"danappofc" wrote:

> Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel.  Not grayed out, but simply
> does not show any.
> --
> Dana
Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the
list. Only those that you opened from within Excel.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"danappofc" <danappofc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel.  Not grayed out, but
> simply
> does not show any.
> --
> Dana

0
Niek

Embedded pictures won't display
Ever since I upgraded to outlook 2003, some embedded pictures in E-mails I receive won't show up. All I see is an outline where the picture would be and an X in upper left or right corner. I know outlook blocks some file attachments by default and I've turned that stupid feature off. Still, though, I don't seem to be able to see those embedded pictures. Does anyone have some ideas on how to fix this or is this just microsoft's way of playing big brother and treating us like children by protecting us from potentially harmful content? ...

Need control to not display its data under certain circumstances
I have a form that saves "99" for a particular field if that field is left blank (which for us means that we tried, but weren't able to collect that information). However, when I load that form for a pre-existing record, I would like these fields to not show the 99, but rather to appear empty. Is there a way to do that through the control properties? Meaning, is there a way to not display the saved value for a particular control if the data saved for it was a 99? Thanks for your help. Try conditional formatting. Create a condition that says, if the value of the control = 99, ...

display text with button
I have multiple buttons and one text field (unbound). What I want to do is when user click on the button. It will display a message in the unbound text field. ie. My first button is Product and when the user click on the product button to open the product tab control the unbound text field will show Product. When the user click another button label Milk, the unboud text will show only Milk. Thanks. ...

displaying embedded image in unboud form
I've a table (cust) with a OLE Object field (flag) containing (small) embedded bitmap images. These images display fine in a form bound to the table. I now want to display them in an unbound form, referencing another field in the "cust" table (like select flag from cust where language = 'EN') to show the English flag. I've tried the image control, bound and unbound objects on the unbound form. I cannot find how to configure the settings of either of those to display the embedded picture. Please do not answer with solutions with linked images. I kno...

Excel Chart Display Order
I typically have multiple charts stacked within a worksheet for quick comparison purposes; in Excel 2003 I simply clicked on part of the stacked chart I wanted to view, and this chart was displayed in its entirety. In Excel 2007, viewing a particular chart within a stack requires that I right-click, and then select "Bring to Front." Simply clicking the chart I want to view does not display it. Is there a less-time consuming way to do this, or am I just a cranky old man saying, "back in my day...." A lot of us were cranky about that one. Makes no sense. You could te...

Read Text file, display output
Hello, I have a text file called OS.txt that looks like this: Windows 2000 Professional 5.0 (2195) Windows 2000 Server 5.0 (2195) Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7600) Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7600) Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7600) Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7600) Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1 (7100) Windows NT 4.0 Windows NT 4.0 Windows Server 2003 5.2 (3790) Windows Server 2003 5.2 (3790) Windows Server 2003 5.2 (3790) Windows Serverr 2008 Standard 6.0 (6002) Windows Serverr 2008 Standard 6.0 (6001) Windows XP Professional 5.1 (2600) Windows XP Professional 5.1 (2600) Windows...

Display Name sorting issue
I have a need to sort a bunch of users and groups to the bottom of the Address List in Exchange. I can prefix the Display Name with an underscore to force an item to the top of the list, but what can I do to sort them to the end of the list. there are two situations where I need this. One is schedulable resources (we are using AutoAcceptAgent) which I need to see in the address list, but I want them below all the general users, not above. If I hide them from Exchange Address Lists then they don't show up in the Resources list either. And because they are Users, they show up in the ...

Outlook2003 still display Outlook 2000 icon in system tray
I installed Outlook 2003 over Outlook 2000. All new features went fine, except the new icon. When I minise Outlook 2003 to the system tray, the icon displayed is that of Outlook 2000. How can I correct this? Running Windows 2000? I don't think you'll see the new icon in the System Tray then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Average Outlook User" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bce01c446c8$e8bcd730$3501280a@...

Post 5.5 to 03 Migration Displays wrong Administrative Group in AD
Hello I have a unique problem. We migrated 1 Exchange 5.5 server (Exchange site 5.5 1)to Exchange 2000SP3 and 2 Servers running 5.5 (Exchange Sites 2 & 3) to Exchange 2003 Our WIndows server topology is this One root domain, two child domains 1 Exchange 2000 server in 1 Child domain 2 Exchange 2003 Servers in the second Child domai The Exchange migration track we followed was this The First Child Domain performed an in place upgrade from 5.5 to 0 The Second Child domain (2 Exchange 5.5 Servers 2 Sites) performed an upgrade method in which we installed an Exchange 03 Server into Each 5....

Why letter l and number 1 are the same in my word document. How c.
To whom it may concern: It's not happen here. But in my word document letter l and number 1 are the same. I meant when I type small case letter l it will apprears as number 1. How can I fix it? Your helps will greatly be appreciated. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Loc The Le (1) This newsgroup is for questions about using Publisher, not Word. They have their own newsgroup. (2) Change your font. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "WORD Help In Need !!!" <WORD Help In Need !!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1103E05B-805A-427C-AB3F-65DB...

Outlook today calendar display
Can I get more days then 7 to display -Iike to see whats coming up as far ahead as possible. Tks. I don't think so. It might be possible with custom coding but I'm not sure. <unclel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6j2r62hh0kd5ttn5mo3b1ac3p0p3u7l9em@4ax.com... > Can I get more days then 7 to display -Iike to see whats coming up as > far ahead as possible. You can hack the registry and see if you can add days - but too many days will be slow nad unmanageable. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

How do I get a chart to only display the dates in my table?
I am trying to graph a large group of data. It is a series of dates (not all consecutive) - with the time it takes to do a task on each of the dates. When I graph it - it fills in all the "missing" dates. For instance lets say a set of data would be: Date: 12-1-08 12-5-08 12-6-08 12-6-08 12-12-08 Time: .5 .34 .93 1.2 .25 On my graph it would put a date for every date between 12-1 and 12-12 even if there is no data. Is there any way to have Excel graph only the dates that have data? Change the axis from t...

Outlook 2K
I'm running Outlook 2000 with Microsoft LDAP, Fedora 3 & OpenLdap. If I enter a name, it is resolved correctly on the LDAP server, and if I pop up the address book window, click on search, leave the seach blank, and click on OK, then I get the entire directory. I'm using this in a small office instead of numerous PAB files. I'd like Outlook to populate its local directory each time it is launched, without having to go through the search. Is there a way to do this? ...

debug a document double click
If I double click on a document for my application it crashes - how do I debug this, because clearly I can't do it while the tool is running (it opens a new instance when double click a file)? I associated the files with the debug version of the build and it brings up visual studio OK, but there is no useful information (to me!) and none of my classes are in the callstack window, nor does it step into any of my code. Callstack window has just this: > mfc80.dll!CWinApp::ExitInstance() Line 852 + 0xa bytes C++ mfc80.dll!AfxWinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance=0x00400000, HINSTANCE__ ...

Linking an embedded excel spreadsheet to a datafield in the source Word Document
I have a Word Document template that has an embedded excel worksheet where a cell reference of the embedded worksheet needs to reference a bookmarked field in the Word Document. Based on the value in the field, the excel spreadsheet has a msquery query that filters data on this value. Is this type of thing possible and if so how is it accomplished? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Unable to unplug the USB device if I open and close any document from USB device from my application
Hi, I have written a aplication which support specific file format document say .dat file. By using this application I can open \ read \ write the .dat files. But If I open a .dat file which is present in USB device and modify the content of a file and close the file properly then if i try to unplug the USB (without closing my application) then Windows Vista \ XP will not allow to unplug the USB device it says "Windows can's stop your Generic volume device....." message box. To unplug the USB device I have to close my application. Can anyone please tell me why I am u...

XY Scatter Chart with X-axis displays the Category Name
Hi, i am having data like this Code - Qty X - 100 Y - 500 Z - 700, i would like to plot xy scatter graph like in which, X axis shows, all code name i.e X,Y,Z and Y axis shows the values, is it possible ? You've described a line chart. Line charts can use arbitrary labels as X values, while an XY chart requires numeric values. In either type of chart, the series formatting can be the same (e.g., XY charts with lines connecting the points and Line charts with no lines). In this respect, the terminology is confusing. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cus...

Displaying all data when using a combo box
Okay I have a form, based on one table. My form has two combo boxes on it, one searches for an employee by building, the other by department. The results are displayed in a subform beneath the combo boxes. This seems to work fine. However until you enter a selection into each combo box no records are displayed. How can I set each combo box to work independently and/or together to get the desired results? Is there a way I could add something like an "all" field to both? I would also like the subform to display all records when the form is open until a selection is made. ...

Qry with dupes looking for only most recent date
Hello all, I have a query I'm running and when it pulls it has a bunch of duplicates, which is expected. Is there some type of criteria or something I can do to only pull the most recent occurence of each result? Thank you! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201002/1 Four ways to do it at http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm Vanderghast, Access MVP "The Joker via AccessMonster.com" <u17775@uwe> wrote in message news:a3d2d69829281@uwe... > Hello all, > > I have...

Useful CRM Documentation
Could anyone tell me where I can find useful CRM 1.2 Documentation? I have downloaded all the documents that Microsoft has and find the content to be next to useless. I would like to find a Administrators Guide that actual takes you from Step 1 all the way through and that might include best practices. Thanks The best documentation is the workbook for the 3-day CRM administration and implementation class. It is a huge manual with very detailed step-by-step install instructions, troubleshooting, etc. I couldn't have survived without this manual. To me It was worth the price of the ...

net display channel
Hi everyone, I try to set up a net display channel to show a comercial clip in another monitor. Everything is fine except the windows media players showing all the skin and border. How do I set up the net display show only a movie without border or skin around it? Thanks you very much ...

Displaying identity of sender in email -
All I see is the size of the file - Huh? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61262870-AE8B-4BB0-AC74-BDC1F250F397@microsoft.com... > All I see is the size of the file - Where are you looking? The message list pane in Windows Mail normally displays: From, Subject, Received. Additional information columns can be added by right-clicking on any column header. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------...

How do I get SECTIONPAGES to display as lowercase roman numerals
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br> I am changing my filed codes in my footer from NUMPAGES to SECTIONPAGES. This Page x of y was formatted to display a lowercase roman numerals. When I change NUMPAGES to SECTIONPAGES I get Arabic numerals. <br> When I add \*roman after SECTIONPAGES, nothing is displayed - ie it shows &quot;Page i of&quot;, &quot;Page ii of&quot;, etc. This occurs even after toggling field codes, selecting all of the section and updating fields (Shift-Option-Cmd-U). <br> Any hints how ...

How can I move my document from the very far right of the screen .
My document is to the far right of the screen, up too far for me to grab the title bar and use the minimize/maximize buttons. How do I get my document back to where I can work with it? Rightclick on the icon on your windows taskbar (usually at the bottom of the screen). Select Move use the arrow keys to move it where you want and hit enter when you're happy. Alternatively, with the excel application having focus. Hit alt-Spacebar hit m then move with the arrow keys and hit enter. Mim wrote: > > My document is to the far right of the screen, up too far for me to grab the > t...

arrow keys move the entire document instead of just object
Somehow I have changed my nudge, snap or glue settings (or some other settings) that have effected how my arrow keys on my keyboard affect my Visio document. Currently if I select an object and I hit the arrow key (on the keyboard) my entire document moves.. I would like my object to move or nudge around from clicking the arrow keys. How can I fix this? I am having the same issues and haven't found a solution for it yet, does or has anyone else found a solution for this problem. It really affects a person's ability to move shapes around effectively and just plain work efficie...