rearrangimg data in excel2007 for merging into word 2007

Dear sir/madam,
I quite regularly have to create a list of numbered labels which are printed
on a 10 label sheet in word 2007.the list of numbers is created in excell and
then merged into the mailmerge area of word Is there a formula that I can use
in excel where I create the list that will re order the list from 1,2,3,4… to
1,11,21,31….dependant on the total number of labels needed
From the first “set of labels” to the “second set” assuming I wanted 30
labels printed the formulae would have to take into account the total number
of labels needed. The lising I create is like this for 30 labels
Page1     page2      page3
1    2       11   12     21    22
3    4       13   14     23    24
5    6       15   16     25    26
7    8       17   18     27    28
9   10      19   20     29    30
but I want a formula that will change this to
page1      page2      page3
1     4      2      5      3     6
7    10     8     11      9    12
13   16    14    17     15   18
19   22    20    23     21   24
25   28    26    29     27   30
can you help please
Andrew

type a word on the line without desturbing the line
I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a line without desturbing the line. Not sure I understand. Do you want to overwrite a line of text? If you want to add a word without the line moving, use the character spacing option in the format menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bermuda Mama" <Bermuda Mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:615FB725-748E-4403-B41F-AB9CAFC19971@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a li...

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007
First... My question: How can I delete a 'saved' Return Address in the envelope template? When I am in Word and I go to print an envelope, I have to use, or correct, a 'saved' Return Address. (Someone had saved it before and it always changes!) (The migration: Word > Mailings > Envelopes ) Please help Thanks in advance. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4966 (20100322) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com "David Dyke&quo...

merging pictures into a document template
I need help inserting a code on the data source for a merge that involves photographs. The mini-project is to take data and picture unique to each document. I did some instructions but I guess I"m such a newbie that I can't figure out where to start in this process. I'll paste the instructions below so somebody can tell me exactly, from the first step and every step til the end, how to do this. For me, there isn't enough info for me to follow the directions. I get stuck at #3. Specifically, "by nesting the merge field in an IncludePicture field." Where ...

word 2007 freezes when closing
I've allready uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still there. MS Office Home and Student 2007 Uninstalling rarely fixes any issues with Word. Instead, for general troubleshooting, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Dan Shults" <Dan Shults@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32AEA265-6BFB-484B-9CB4-8F8927F6D51E@microsoft.com... > I've allready uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still there. > > MS Office Home and Student 2007 ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

How turn off launching WORD with F2 function key
After installing Office 2007, my F2 key has been shanghaied so that any use launches MS WORD. A number of other programs use F2, so I need to disable this Word-launching shortcut key. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Right-click on the desktop (or Start Menu) shortcut used to start Word and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, is F2 set as the keyboard shortcut for starting Word? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "WordHurler" <WordHurler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

CRM & Data Matching
Hi, We are going to populate our MSCRM with various data sets. Because of this there will be duplication of customer data. Is there any mechanism within Microsoft CRM (or easily available elsewhere) to match the data from the diverse sources against each other and to arrive at a single instance of the customer. Thanks, D. Microsoft CRM V3 only offers merge capabilities which means you have to locate the duplicates - crm can then merge the records two at a time. ISV's have produced other solutions ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.got...

Money 2007 won't accept Win Live ID
Money 2007 on Vista. It asks for my Windows LIve ID and I've tried three of them. To all of them it says "Your signin info could not be verified. "Go On line and then try to sign in." I'm not sure what the "go on line means, but I closed Money and singed in at several places then tried again and I get the same error message. TIA, CH If you have Money 2007 edition, and you cannot sign in with your correct passport or now called Windows Live address in addition to what is in the MSKB that addresses this: 1) Turn off your Firewall--this is a 2007 specif...

Where is the strikethrough in Publisher 2000, 2003, 2007???
I have tried several versions of Publisher and none have strikethrough as an available style of font. I hate to say it but my end users are not savvy enough to want or are able to draw a line down the middle of every sentence of a paragraph. Why has this been an oversight in publisher for so long? Microsoft PLEASE give me strikethrough in publisher! Is it there and just hidden? On a side note, anyone know of any strikethrough fonts that I could use in publisher? Know how to make one? There is no strikethrough option in Publisher. We just draw a line where we want it and group it ...

Calcs & Data Validation
Looking for an easy way to complet the following. I imagine their must be a quick & easy method. Cell A5 has a drop down list which corresponds to a range on another worksheet. It has 300+ entries. In cell B5 i will enter a number/qty. What i would like is that as each of the items in the list has a corresponding cost (on other worksheet), i would like to know an easy way to calculate the cost (in C5) based upon the qty entered (B5) & the cost of the item selected. I have done it before with 'IF' function for a small selection, but figure there must be an easier...

Access 2007 Attachments
Hi there, I have a form, with a subform. The subform has an "attachment" field. This subform is displayed in datasheet format on the main form. I have code on the main form ,attached to a cmdButton, that sends an email. I now wish to amend that code so that the attachment is attached to the email - if there is one. Dim App As Object Dim Itm As Object Dim strAttachmentname Set App = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ' all str variables defined and represent values on the main form ' get the attachment name if there is one ????? (this is what ...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

Microsoft Word Shutting down Unexpectedly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Have any of you experienced Microsoft Word for Mac 2008 shutting down unexpectingly? It's been known to happen to "some of the people some of the time" but there's usually a specific cause that can readily be remedied -- and re-installing Office isn't the fix. Need of disk permissions repair & failure to stay on top of Office & OS X updates rank high on the list of probable suspects. If those conditions are satisfied & a restart of the Mac doesn't correct the problem there are ot...

Formatting doesn't follow data sort
I was just recently updated to 2003 MS Office Pro. I can't remember what I use to have, but I used to be able to Data Sort info and the borders around cells would follow the appropriate text. It doesn't do that anymore, and I can't find out how to fix it in the online help, and my IT guy doesn't know off the top of his head. Can anyone help or have I wasted a full day and a half putting borders around information for no reason? -- kanimalhouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kanimalhouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

Merged Cells
I have imported data into Excel. The left-hand column has merged cells containing a reference number. The remaining columns contain varying records associated with the reference number, a one to many ratio. I need to display the worksheet so that the appropriate reference number is displayed in the left-hand column for each of the records in the worksheet. There are hundreds of reference numbers. Is there an automated way to do this besides unmerging each section and copying the reference number into the now unmerged cells? Thank you. ...

Hyperlinks to pdfs and word documents are not working
My Access database was recently upgraded to Access 2007. Now all of the hyperlinks I have to pdfs and word documents are not working. In browsing "external data" I see that I can link to text files and excel files, etc. Please explain why my links to pdfs and word documents no longer are working and how I can fix them. -- Archivist Try to eplain a little more, what do you mean by not working? Do the links react but present you with some kind of warning. In what way were the links created. Have you set the directory where your files reside as trusted in the trus...

Excel 2007 Page numbering
Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with one (1) until ....? Thank you in advance for your help. Do you mean consecutive page numbers when printing more than one worksheet? Select the sheets to print using CTRL + click or Shift + click Then set up the header or footer with &[Page] The selected sheets will print consecutively page-numbered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:09:01 -0800, Dottie <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with >one (1)...

Intergration between Project 2007 and outlook 2003
Please help.... I am running MS Project 2007 (not server) and outlook 2003. Is there way (or a program someone can reccomend) to intergrate the tasks ect between the two pieces of software? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01CA99B8.95E55F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Yoni, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) There is no way within Project, and I don't know of product that does. = You might like to peruse the Companions Page of the M...

How do I copy previously entered data
If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi =VLOOKUP(A4,A1:C3,3,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Snoopy wrote: > If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as > A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi Frank, Thanks for the information, I tried it and it works. One further question if I may? If I type the info in A1 in multiple places in columnA, can excel be configured to repeat the related info in c1 in the cor...

publisher 2007 cannot complete the operation
I just downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007 because my old version, Publisher 2000, would not activate the template wizard; instead, I got the message "Publisher cannot complete the operation." The first brochure I clicked on in Publisher 2007 gave me the same message: "Publisher cannot complete the operation." I downloaded 2007 because I could not find any online solution to the problem in Publisher 2000. How do I resolve this problem in either version? Without the templates, the program is useless to me. Have you tried to repair Publisher 2000? What is ...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Data Validation, Via A Formula
Is there a way to apply data validation to one cell, based on the result of another cell? For instance, if in A1, a data validation list displays sports (ie baseball, basketball,etc), and if the user selects "Baseball", then the data validation in B1 would only list baseball teams, from the range named baseball teams. And if basketball is selected, then only basketball teams are displayed. If at all possible, could this be done via a formula and WITHOUT using VB? If not, I could also use any help to accomplish this via VB coding. Any and all help will be appreciated...

Merging html files
Hi I need to merge outlook signature and stationery files to create one html file for mail shot from within Access via outlook. Is there code sample somewhere that demonstrates how to merge the two signature and stationery html files into one? Many Thanks Regards ...

Multiple series not plotting in their respective data ranges
I have a price comparison chart (line chart) that has multiple prices for multiple dates. Price 1 has a date range of 01/01/07 - 02/06/07. Price 2 has a date range of 01/19/07 - 01/31/07 (a subset of the Price 1 range). When Price 2 plots, it starts at the left of the overall range (01/01/07) and stops at 01/13/07 instead of plotting in the middle of the chart starting at 01/19/07 and ending at 01/31/07. Is this a bug or is there a parameter setting I need to tweak? Thanks, Mike If you want to plot one variable (price) as a function of another variable (date), you should be using...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...