Really appreciate some help on merging two spreadsheets...

Hi All,

I have two spreadsheets - one of them has a list of addresses and bandwidth
requirements per site for a VPN.  The other sheet has the same addresses in a
different order with postcodes.

I need to merge them together so I have one sheet which has both the
bandwidth and the postcodes - is there any easy way to do this?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Rob.

Yes: check out VLOOKUP in Help.  It will look up an item in a range and
return another cell from within that range.  Note, however, that the
spelling of site names or whatever your lookup value is must match
exactly.  Please post examples of your data if you get stuck.

0
CycleZen (674)
11/15/2005 3:22:22 PM
Dave, thanks so much for your response - stuck in the middle of nowhere in
the UK at the moment with no heating so would be good to sort this!!

I have sent the sheets to your yahoo.com email address - hope you don't mind.

"Dave O" wrote:

> Yes: check out VLOOKUP in Help.  It will look up an item in a range and
> return another cell from within that range.  Note, however, that the
> spelling of site names or whatever your lookup value is must match
> exactly.  Please post examples of your data if you get stuck.

Hi Rob,

Is each address a single string or is it broken down into discrete
fields? E.g. Street, Town, County, Post Code.

If the latter, you will probably be able to accomplish what you need
using VLOOKUP. Otherwise you will need to parse the strings first to
get some matching fields between the two spreadsheets.

Nick

Retrieving them now- it's very slow, for some reason.

0
CycleZen (674)
11/15/2005 3:55:51 PM
Nick - you have mail!

"Nick H" wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Is each address a single string or is it broken down into discrete
> fields? E.g. Street, Town, County, Post Code.
>
> If the latter, you will probably be able to accomplish what you need
> using VLOOKUP. Otherwise you will need to parse the strings first to
> get some matching fields between the two spreadsheets.
>
> Nick

0
Builder (3)

Excel and some disappeared sheets

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Mail Merge to business cards
I am working on a huge project for work, creating Employee Photo ID cards. I have created a database for all the information including a hyperlink column for the photos. and am using business cards to print them on. I have two frustrating problems... 1. The pictures aren't loading into the cards. 2. I continue to get the error message "Publisher cannont merge with this number of pages" even though I have followed the instructions for the workaround. Any suggestions? Thanks Rita ...

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Bank One Download is not working

Mail Merge Not Responding
I am having trouble print merging a large file in publisher. Every time I start the merge it hangs and I get a "publisher not responding" error. I was able to do the merge in Pub 2003 before I installed SP3. I had the same problem with SP2 but I was able to reinstall publisher and it worked fine. Since I installed SP3 its not working at all and I can't remove SP3. BTW I have the same issue in Pub 2007. Thanks Is this the complete error? You receive a Publisher cannot continue error message when you try to print a mail merge in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft....

help #2

"Merging" Documents
I have two documents with identical tables on them. On the first is filled with info on every cell except one. The second every thing is blank except the same cell from the first. WIthout having to resort to cut and paste, is there a way to combine the two where the info from the second document automatically fills in the blank cell from the first? You could theoretically bookmark the desired text in the second document and use an IncludeText field in the first. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "...

problem opening up program/file

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...

How do I change a spreadsheet from all caps to "Proper"
I have a spreadsheet containing data to make mailing labels. The whole thing was entered in caps. I need to change it to the Proper style ( the first letter is capitalized and the rest lower case). How can I do this? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dumbfounded" <dumbfounded@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C2E74629-E7E9-4B68-87FC-D49B91B83452@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet containing data to make mailing labels. The whole thing > was entered in caps. I need to change it to the Pr...

Credit Card Downloading HELP!
I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006. I download my 20 credit card transactions in QIF format. Money says it has 20 to review so I click that and they simply do not appear in the register! The the heck?!? I've tried quite a few things already to no avail. Deleted history and temp, deleted the statement and previous transactions/statements, repaired my money file a few times, tried to import in a different file but it just doesn't show up. Suggestions please...tia In microsoft.public.money, lucas.allen@gmail.com wrote: >I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006....

Errror Help: character ' ', hexadecimal value 0x2 is illegal in xml documents
what does this error mean? how can i fix this? thanks, raj * raj wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >what does this error mean? how can i fix this? You have an octet 0x02 or perhaps a character reference &#x02; in the document. This is not allowed in XML 1.0; the latter is allowed in XML 1.1 but your version of the .NET framework probably does not support that, and most likely you have not declared this version either. In other words, your document includes random binary data and is there- fore not an XML document. You have to correct the document before you can successfully...

mail gateway help
we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? "=?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWU=?=" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EF923D10-571B-42D0-85E3-D45CB9FC2A1C@microsoft.com: > we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out > through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send > mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? > What exactly is your question? What version of exchange are you us...

Where is "Help" located in 2007?
I cannot find the "Help" section in Word 2007. Where can I find it? Thank you! Click the question mark ? top right of the Word window or press F1 which is the universal help call. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Todd" <Todd@discussion...

MFC classes DISAPPEAR!!!!help
could someone please help me: many MFC classes almost always disappear from class browser window!!! while their files continue to be properly listed in the file browser window thanks! Bianca Try deleting the clw file and let the class wizard recreate it for you. If that doesnt help also try deleting the opt and ncb files. Or else try upgrading to Everett :-) -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "BIANCA" <bbb_1973@virgilio.it> wrote in message news:d2504dc9.0308140037.699a9ae8@posting.google.com... > could someone please help me: > many MFC classes almost always disappear from...