Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:...
> Brian,
>
> Why not just try
>
> =TEXT(C20,"mom")
>

> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
>
> "brianwa" <brianwa.xf3fz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'm trying to return a month value using the formula below
> > =INDEX($O$20:$O$31,MONTH(C20))
> > Where I pass months Jan-Dec throught the index formula.
> > The problem is that I'm always getting Jan as a result regardless of
> > the month number.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > BW

> > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Combining cells to create a formula
Hi, I have two cells that I want to combine to have a working formula B1 = sum B2 = d3 b3 = =b1&"("&b2&")" D3 = 10 The result in b3 is : sum(d3) How do I get this to result in the actual value in D3. I know I can simply write =D3, but the actual reason for combining the two cells is more complicated than explained here. Thanks Hi I think you are perhaps looking for the Indirect function =INDIRECT("D"&ROW(3:3)) would return the value contained in D3 As you copy down, the formula would alter to 4, 5 etc. represent D4, D5 etc. -- Regards R...

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available!
cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/f7fa37ca-683c-4be1-b4ad-ab2dd1249399 PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: > Are you running Vista SP1 or Vista SP2? Is Office 2010 installed? > > Was KB980248 offered & eventually installed via Windows Update or did you > (attempt to) install it manually? > > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than > Defender)? > What third-party firewall (if any)? > > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee ap...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

Formula Question #18
I have built a workbook in which I have inserted a formula to tell me whether the contents of a supply bin needs replenishment or not. The formula I used is: =IF(E3>F3,"REPLENISH!","No Action"). Each morning, I run a report to see what parts have been used, which becomes a new sheet in the workbook. Now, I want to add a formula that, whenever it sees "REPLENISH!," it will back through the workbook to count whether that same part needed replenishment on consecutive previous days. If it has, then the latest worksheet will report the number of days that ...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...

Erase data, preserve formula's
I have a an excel file with 12 worksheets for the financial year and an additional worksheet for yearly totals. I need to get a blank copy of this and was wondering if anyone knew a way to delete all the user inputted data while keeping the formatting and formula's intact. Any help is much appreciated. -- urbanfox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ urbanfox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22826 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519004 Hi Hit F5 and select Special a...

How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 ve.
How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the square root of 7? try the formula =7^(1/10). HTH Alan P. "kestig1" <kestig1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C16AB7-8BD6-4671-B138-5F2961E46067@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the > square root of 7? ...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

calculating return in a range
Hi, I have a range of stock prices. with indication for buy or sell. and i want to calculate the return of the range for example : buy 522.73 buy 527.9 buy 528.81 buy 532.33 buy 535.1 buy 536.23 buy 537.03 buy 538.57 sell 537.54 sell 532.86 sell 538.14 sell 533.08 buy 531.22 I want to calculate the return for the first buy signal. the range is from the start to the first sell signal 537.54- 522.73 then the sell range untill the first buy signal 531.22- 537.54 and so on.... -- kman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kman's Profile: http://www.e...

formula: counting presence
Hello! I have to count presence of employees from sheets between START and END, which is stored in G9 cell. I think it should be something like: =SUM(IF(START:END!G9="present"; 1; 0)), but this one returns #REF and I don't don't why. Try these from a post of mine today. One way. Put the sumif on each sheet with an indirect reference to d12 of the master. then use =sum(sheet1:sheet21!a2) where a2 in your sumif formula. One way to put=SUMIF(B:B,Sheet1!D12) on each sheet is to select all>type the formula in the cell desired>after the error msg>delete from the ...

How to get paper size from dmPaperSize returned from GetDevMode?
For example, dmPaperSize returns 1 which is DMPAPER_LETTER, how do I calculate the paper size like in this case 8.5"x11"? There are so many paper sizes, is there any function call to calculate based on the return value of dmPaperSize or mapping between the value of dmPapersize and actual size? Thank you. The reason I asked the question was because dmPaperLength and dmPaperWidth are 0 for some printers. Also, my HP laserjet returns as a color printer (dmColor = 2) from GetDevMode call. Anyone knows why? ...

Help on Macro or Formula
Hi, i hope someone can help me. i need to create a formula that sits in a cell and looks for data. ( obvioiusly ). however, the formula needs to be in place even though the file from ehere the data comes from might not be there yet. ( i have to create a book that when a new file is created, the links are already in place ). i think it could work with an IF type formula for ( if B2="",""). here is my information. Cell description: A2 = Job no. B2 = Client Name D2 = Actual Spend on project Register!D2 = Job Description Register!H2 = Quoted Amount my path is S:\Clients\...

Formula for date field
1.I have simple dates in one column (say column A) . 2.In the next column(Column B) I would like the date five months after Column A to be displayed.Eg if Column A has an entry of 9th June 2007,Column B should display 8th November,2007. 3.A simple formula does not do the job as this does not take into account the different number of days in different months! regards S.Sanatani Your post is a bit ambiguous since you don't really say how the different number of days in months should be handled. One way: A1: <date> B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+5,DAY(A1)-1) In articl...

Copy/Paste formulas
How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific 'constant') from incrementing while the remaing cells in my formulas increment as expected. Example: ((E65)*(COUNTIF(I7:I7,"V"))) where the cell "E65" contains a set value that I want to be placed in the result as I step down the incremental (I) rows when the character "V" is found in the particular (I) row. When I do my copy and paste, the (E) row increments as the (I) rows increment. $E$65 "BobG" wrote: > How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific...

HOW DO I COPY FORMULA WITHOUT CHANGING CELL REFERENCE
My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : d1=c1-b1 e1=d1-c1 but i want the following d1 should be b2-a2 and e2 should be b3-a3 how do i do this? One way... In C1 enter & copy across: =INDEX($A:$A,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1)-INDEX($B:$B,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1) anantth wrote: > My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 > and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : > d1=c1-b1 > e1=d1-c1 > > but i want the following > d1 should be b2-...

Formula for competition timesheet
Here is the situation. I have a number of members in a clay target club who shoot a competition over a number of ranges. Ranges 1 to 8. They shoot a competition over 4 days. They start shooting at a specific time each day. Start time in cell A1. The duration of the time they spend on each range is specified in B1. These times may vary each day. I have set up a table in the worksheet that shows the squad numbers in column A, the ranges they shoot each day and the time they start to shoot on each range. This table only shows the squad numbers up to the number of members shooting, which is ...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

Formulas in Excel using [R-1] not A10 references
I converted a Word document into Excel 2003 and when creating formulas,they are formatted as the cell the formula is in plus or minus a number of rows or columns. An example: =SUM (R[-4]C:R[-1]C). I would like to see these formulas in the regular format referencing Row and Column number i.e. =Sum A1:V52 Tools >Options, the General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style "Drregion" wrote: > I converted a Word document into Excel 2003 and when creating formulas,they > are formatted as the cell the formula is in plus or minus a number of rows or > columns. An example...

makro to return email
I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is send to a recipient. See your other mail and http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174801c50514$05025190$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is > send to a recipient. ...

PivotTable Formulas
I have set up a pivot table. I have been asked to add a column at the end of the pivot table that calculated the %variance of sales from this year versus last year. I tried to create the formula (Calculate Field) after I had grouped my dates for Months & Years. I had to ungroup these to be able to create the formula. I do not see how when I have ungrouped the date to distinguish between 2003 & 2002 in my Pivot formula. Is this possible of am I flogging a dead horse here? Any suggestions would be most help ful Regards GarethG ------------------------------------------------ ~~...

Re: License
Hi All, How can i configure permissions to a new domain user, avoiding this kind of message when browsing MS CRM by IE: Thanks, Hugo Error You do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action. "Rod Walker" <rw@rw.com> wrote in message news:080901c34188$dee47e20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Use the users I mentioned to load the default data. Once > that is in, then you can do what you want IF you want to > use the sample data. > > Whith this key, you get 50 licenses so you can use your > own users or whatever your...

how do I replace #n/a in a formula with 0, without erasing my for.
I have a vlookup formula which sometimes gives the result #n/a ( due to the result not being in the vlookup table ). However, I have another formula which looks at this result and if this result is #n/a then it also gives me the result #n/a. Does anyone know how I can amend this so the second formula recognises the #n/a as a 0 ???? The problem I have is that I need to keep all the formulas Hi 1. Option: change your lookup formula to something like =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(..)) 2. Option use the following formule (e.g. vLOOKUP formula is in cell C1): =IF(ISNA(C1),0,C1*2) "...