Re: Is there a way to HIDE a row based on a value of a cell ?

Hi Reddance,

Try instead:

Sub Tester()
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim i As Long

    If LCase(Sheets("Ctrl").Range("A1").Value) _
       <> "yes" Then
        Exit Sub
    End If

    With Sheets("ToPrint")
        For i = 5 To .UsedRange.Rows.Count Step 2
            If Not rng Is Nothing Then
                Set rng = Union(rng, .Cells(i, "A"))
            Else
                Set rng = .Cells(i, "A")
            End If
        Next i
    End With

    If Not rng Is Nothing Then
        rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True
    End If

End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" <normanjones@whereforartthou.com> wrote in message news:...
> Hi Reddiance,
>
> Try:
>
> Sub Tester()
>    Dim rng As Range
>    Dim i As Long
>
>    If LCase(Sheets("Ctrl").Range("A1").Value) _
>       <> "yes" Then
>        Exit Sub
>    End If
>
>    For i = 5 To Sheets("ToPrint").UsedRange.Rows.Count Step 2
>
>        If Not rng Is Nothing Then
>            Set rng = Union(rng, Cells(i, "A"))
>        Else
>            Set rng = Cells(i, "A")
>        End If
>    Next i
>
>    If Not rng Is Nothing Then
>        rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True
>    End If
>
> End Sub
>
> ---
> Regards,
> Norman

0
normanjones (1047)

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

line chart with NA() values

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Automatic changes in cells

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...