Re: How do I make a macro remove last char only in a cell?

I don't know why this never showed up when I first sent it �200310261033!
However,
> Thank you all guys! I have yet to subsume each suggestion entirely but
> thought it best to respond whilst the thread was still alive so thank you
> Don Guillett, Michael Bednarek, Tom Ogilvy, and Kent Schederin! I'm sure I
> will be able to extract the required code from you reply posts. CHEERS
GUYS!

> --
> Best regards
>      Martin Richecoeur [notsovilefriend]
> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/richka/
> "Kent" <schederin@home.se> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Try this:
> >
> > Sub RemoveLastChar()
> >     Dim strContent As String
> >     strContent = Left(ActiveCell, (Len(ActiveCell) - 1))
> >     ActiveCell = strContent
> > End Sub
> >
> > Kent Schederin
> > "Martin Richecoeur" <noreply@invalid.nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > > Here is my macro code but it doesn't just remove the last char it uses
> the
> > > cell's absolute end result after a char has been removed instead of
> > relative
> > > as clicked!?  EG: ActiveCell = "1" where as future cells have
multiple

> > > and do not start with 1 but it changes them all to "1" !?
> > > Sub DeadCHAR()
> > > '
> > > ' DeadCHAR Macro
> > > ' Macro recorded 25/10/2003 by �notsovilefriend
> > > '
> > > ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
> > > '
> > >     ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1,"
> > >     ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
> > > End Sub
> > >

> > > ---
> > >

> ---

---

cell
Are there any way to add text and a function in the same cell? For example Hello =sum(XX:XX) Try something like ="Hello "&SUM(A1:A10) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "danne" <modig123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a7f01c36335$498056f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Are there any way to add text and a function in the same > cell? For example Hello =sum(XX:XX) Sure, for example: ="Hello = "&SUM(A1:B1) For more info, try MVP Debra Dalgleish's &...

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

Macro for summarizing multiple sheets
Hello all I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Each sheet is identically laid out (the only difference is the sheet name - cart1, cart2, etc). Each sheet represent the contents of a cart and the expiration date of applicable items. I would like to create a macro or function that will search each sheet in sequence and return on a summary sheet the following information: the name of the sheet and any of the items with expiration dates that are within 45 day of the current date. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated - see below for an example of the workbook ...

remove previous vb6 project versions from Control Panel
Hello I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a solution? Thanks Catharinus van der Werf csvanderwerf@planet.nl catharinus wrote: > Hello > > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my > vb6 projects on computers. After installing ...

Compare cells, update based on Ifs
I need to compare cells to the cell above them and to the right of them. Based on the comparisons I'll need to update the original cell with one of those adjoining cell values. After I finish with one column then I need to repeat the procedure on the column to the LEFT of the original column. I know IF, THEN and ELSE statesments but I don't know VB for Microsoft Office products. Range could be all 65,000+ rows on a workseet Start on ColumnJ, Row2 If ColumnJ, Row2 is Null _ If ColumnK, Row 2 is Not Null _ If ColumnJ, Row 1 is Not Null _ ColumnJ, Row2 Value is ...

If cell value is greater than another cell value, clear contents.
Okay, hopefully this is the last question today! I've found the below formula in one of the posts here, but my brain has completely failed on me and I'm not sure how to adapt it to my requirements. I have a value which is entered by the user after a prompt, that populates in cell G4 in a sheet called 'Lookup'. For arguments sake, the current value is 30/11/09. I have another worksheet, 'Data', which has a column populated with dates (say column B). I'd like a macro that looks in column B on the data sheet, and clears out any dates which are gr...

Why does linked data from blank cells become a zero?
When linking data within the same workbook (to different tabs) any cell that is empty - shows up in the new tab as a ZERO (0).....what am I doing wrong? I want those cells to remain blank. That's just the way it is .. Instead of : =Sheet2!A1 you could use an error trap: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Alternatively, we could suppress the display of extraneous zeros in the entire sheet via: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

VB Scripting/Macro
Question: What VB code will allow me to rewrite just the worksheet reference in a function/cell reference. For example it says =January!$AH40 and I would like a macro that would change it to =February!$AH40 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! :) Background: I have 12 cells in a row that each refer to the same cell location on twelve different worksheets within the same workbook. The fill function does not "fill" the worksheet reference. It is too time consuming to manually input or edit 2016 cells. Hi you may have a look at the INDIRECT function for this ...

How to insert an existing macro into "Additional Include Directories"?
I have post this to another group. To avoid cross posting, I give the link to the original post. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vsnet.general/browse_thread/thread/bc7ece9c00632947?hl=zh-CN Please give some consideration. Thanks in advance. ...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Removing Vista
My Dell Inspiron 530 came with Vista installed - a friend removed the Vista and installed Windows XP. Computer slow to closed - searched for Vista files and found: C:\dell\drivers\R158363 C:\dell\drivers\R158510 C:\dell\drivers\R159293\AAPS|PROSE....... C:\dell\drivers\Ri59293\APPS?SETUP R158363 R158510 All above preceded by "Vista" Can I safely remove these items and any other that I may find involving Vista help and advice will be appreciated Chuck "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3696D9B-08CE-4E00-ABED-09...

macro in excel 2007
I was able to access the macro trust level. My excel has customized form fields that don't show unless I populate the second options, what is the third option, will it let the fields stay available so I don't have to populate everytime? I have a trusted source. Hi Tillie, Without seeing the actual macro code (assuming that you issue is controlled by code and not by worksheet protection) then I don't think it is possible to answer your question. You probably should talk to whoever set up the worksheet. "access the macro trust level" only allows you to decide wheth...

Multiple Cell Formats
Is it possible for a column to have more than one format, but for those formats to be similar. Eg. I would like to have a multi-format date column. The format can either be Month-Year (Jan-99) or Year only (1999). (I would even like to have something like Jan/Feb-99, but I can live without that.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Hi With true Excel dates in column A e.g. 01 Feb 07, in column B =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> mmm-yy will give Feb-07 or =TEXT(A1,"mmm-yy") =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> yyyy will give 2007 or =TEXT(A1,"yy...

ADDITIONAL INFO RE: Data execution prevention
Since my last post, I have some additional info that might help someone get an insight as to what the problem may actually be. First, I went to start/run and put in "sfc /scannow", and let it run fully. Everything copacetic there. The I checked Admin. tools for the read-out. Under the "Error" heading was this info: Faulting Application rundll32.exe version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address0x00000000 Clicking on the "Online Help" link brought up a blank page - no help. Hoping some terrifically insightful MV...

How to remove Microsoft Business Contact Manager?
Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 Have added Microsoft Business Contact Manager and do not want to use it with Outlook anymore. How do I remove the contact manager from Outlook? TIA Right click on its root folder and select close. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, bobhat@hotmail.com asked: | Windows XP SP2 | Outlook 2003 SP2 | | Have added Microsoft Business Contact Manager and do not want to use | it with Outloo...

'Contains Macros' When it doesn't...
Hi, I have a very simple spreadsheet. The only 'advanced' feature it has is a small lookup table that is an external data reference to an Access Database Table. This external reference is set to auto-update on sheet open. Problem is, as part of a failed experiment, I created a macro, then a while later deleted it again, however, even though the sheet now contains no macros(according to Tools->Macro), everytime I open it I get the message 'This contains macros, Enable Macros/Disable Macros/More Info Is this because of the auto-update on the external reference, or do I hav...

Remove bars (left hand pane)
Hi, is it possible to remove the Marketing or Service bars (in the left hand pane)? One of our clients would like their users to be focused on just areas that they will use, for example, the Sales users (by Role) will not need the Service bar. Is it possible to do this? TIA Yes, simply click on Workplace bar, then just above click on "personalize Workplace" then tick on or off what you need "GP" <GP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0EC16FF-85A0-4505-AEAB-3433DF5BE459@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > is it possible to remove the Marke...

Re: Tax Line Manager shows incorrect salary and tax projections
Hi I have exactly the same problem. Did anybody find a solution? Thanks, V. JC wrote: > *Hi - > > The Tax Line Manager shows the correct Year to Date Salary amoun > but > for some reason, the Projected Total for 2004 is way off. When > drill > down to the projection details, it includes my projected quarterly > bonus but not the regular salary (taxable income) amounts for th > rest > of the year. Same issue with the W-2 tax categories - the projection > includes the taxes for the quarterly bonus but not the regula > salary. > I am using Money 2003, wo...

amortization tables
Looking for some macros or add-ins to assist with Amortization tables. Any help would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Looking for some macros or add-ins to assist with Amortization tables. One way to proceed is to start with an existing template. For example, you could open http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx and search the "Templates" section for "amort". shadestreet Here's one that may be useful to you http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/06/amortization_ta.html -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog ...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

How to remove newly added server from site?
Hi setup: exchange 2k3, enterprise (backend-frontend). We recently added a member server for testing purposes, without assigning any roles, just a clean install of exchange+SP1. After some days incoming emails from internet got stuck in local delivery queue on that new server. figured out that this new server was first in the msExchOwningPFTreeBL, thus all emails to public folders are sent to this server instead of our primary one. the new server does not have the hierarchy (replication and/or "send hierarchy" do not work and no error message appears in the logs) and therefo...

how do I remove the separator line after deleting a footnote in w.
how do I remove the separator line at the bottom of a page after deleting a footnote in word 2007 Provided you deleted the footnote correctly (by deleting the reference mark in the document body), the separator should not still be there. The fact that it is suggests that there is some residue of the footnote remaining. At a minimum, display nonprinting characters so you can see what you're dealing with. You may need to search the document for ^f (footnote reference mark) to find where the elusive footnote is hiding. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words int...

Excel macro !!
Hi all. I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few cells from my source worksheet and paste their link ...not teh HYPERLINK.....to another worksheet. Also, the destination worksheet's cell number where this is pasted is not fixed. How do I accomplish this? Please help urgently. Thanks. Edit=>PasteSpecial Click the Paste Link button. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "SPG" <not@noreply.com> wrote in message news:uJOnCdrLEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few > ...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

User accidentally removed Microsoft CRM hierarchy in Outlook
How do I get it back? ...