Re: fuction to copy Column a and b to comment or colum c?

Please help!!!  I would like to know a fuction or a way to just recop
what ever is in colum a and c to comment in colum d.  Is this eve
possible?  If not maybe a fuction to put values of colum a and c t
colum d.  Please keep in mind this would prevent me from typing again.
Thanks!!!

You can concatenate the values in A & C in column D with a formula:

=A1&C1
or
=A1&" "&C1

if you want those values in a comment, you'll need a little code.  This is a sub
(not a function):

Option Explicit
Sub MakeComments()

    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim myRng As Range

    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        Set myRng = .Range("A1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))

        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            If myCell.Value & myCell.Offset(0, 2).Value = "" Then
                'both blank, do nothing
            Else
                With myCell.Offset(0, 3)
                    If .Comment Is Nothing Then
                        'do nothing
                    Else
                        .Comment.Delete
                    End If
                    .AddComment Text:=myCell.Value & myCell.Offset(0, 2).Value
                End With
            End If
        Next myCell
    End With

End Sub

"ifew552 <" wrote:

> Please help!!!  I would like to know a fuction or a way to just recopy
> what ever is in colum a and c to comment in colum d.  Is this even
> possible?  If not maybe a fuction to put values of colum a and c to
> colum d.  Please keep in mind this would prevent me from typing again.
> Thanks!!!!
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
6/3/2004 12:55:58 AM
thanks!!!  It works!!!  Super!!

Preventing Viewing of certain columns by recipient
How does one prevent the recipient of an excel spreadsheet from unhiding columns or rows. For example, I have hidden columns of "cost price" on a spreadsheet and do not want the recipient to be able to view the "cost price" info. Well, you could password protect the sheet (Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet...), but anyone with enough gumption to find these newsgroups could bypass that protection in a heartbeat: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html You should assume that if someone can open your workbook that they have full access to everything in it. A...

General question re Error Handling
hello experts This is just a general question for my own education. I've dabbled in a fair amount of Access VBA in the past, but have just started learning about Excel VBA. In Access, we would use Error Handling in almost every sub, but In Excel, error Handling seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I can't even find much about it in the Excel VBA help, and there are relatively few references to it in this forum. What gives? Just Curious Terry W. Terry, I use it all the time. My favorite approach is: Public Const bDebug as boolean = true or false (de...

The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or re
I have two ole frames embedded in two slides of ppt (Professional Office 2003 sp3) I double click (or edit) one ole in one slide and move to the next slide. When I come back to the previous slide and double click again. I get this message "The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application". I have seen cases from online where users were not able to see the embedded excel, however in my case I can see the embedded excel many times only if i stay in the same slide. Any hel...

Store.exe constantly accessing C:\Windows\Temp...
Can anyone explain why store.exe is constantly accessing the C:\Windows\Temp folder on my server, which is running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2? Here is a FileMon trace log of the activity : 76 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Open Directory Access: All 77 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 DIRECTORY C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ NO SUCH FILE FileBothDirectoryInformation: {712B4379-1B91-4610-8D57-58ABDE130475}WIN32READ.dat 78 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 CLOSE C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS 79 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Ope...

Is there a quick way to delete all duplicate rows in a column?
Column A consists of names; Column B consists of dates. If a name is registered on more than one occasion, there will be two entries with same name, different dates. Is there a quick way to delete these duplicates other than sorting Col. A alphabetically and deleting them manually? In C1 add =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"Dup","") and copy down then filter on column C, and select Dup, and delete visible rows -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jellaby" <Jellaby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Macro required to copy -past data to first empty row
Hi Expert, I am in need of such a macro or code by which I can copy & paste data from a particular row to first empty row of given row range. Kindly help. Regards, Vikky Hi Vikky See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Or if you want to find the row number of the last cell with data in a range see http://www.rondebruin.nl/last.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Vikky" <love.excel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174498666.568772.117750@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi Expert, > > I am in need of such a macro or code by ...

Formula to copy related information from sheet 1 to sheet 2
Hello guys, I hope you'll can help me. i have the information below in sheet 1. i need the information to be filtered, copy and paste in sheet 2 according to the month. example. if october, i need all information for the month of october to be copy and past from column A, B, C sheet 1 to column A, B, C sheet 2 please help. A B C Serial Number Quantities (Kilos) Date 8.1122 539,470 22/10/2009 8.1122 403,697 22/10/2009 8.1122 643,710 05/11/2009 8.1122...

How to sort a column in reverse (right-to-left)
Hello, Below you can find an example of my worksheet: DC 00 03 20 FE 06 55 20 BD 09 29 40 CT 08 41 70 GT 09 92 80 In this example, you see the sort as I want it (right-to-left and top-to-bottom). But how can I let Excel do this sort? Now I'm first sorting all the numbers by hand. Can you split the column into 4 seperate columns using data --->text to columns (format all cells as text beforehand so you dont lose leading 0's)? Then Select entire region and sort by Col D then other criteria "retman" <retman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C35BFB65-8...

ListBox column has lost formatting.
Suddenly the currency columns in my list boxes have lost the currency formatting. The underlying queries are OK in this respect. Please help. Hi Frank, Post your SQL string for the listbox. Most likely the field "Format ("somefield", "$#.##") As SomeName" is missing. Frank Martin wrote: >Suddenly the currency columns in my list >boxes have lost the currency formatting. >The underlying queries are OK in this >respect. >Please help. -- Please Rate the posting if helps you Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thank you: here...

Comments from Word 2002 to 2007
We have a large number of templates written in Word 2002, most of which have comment balloons associated with them. We are in the process of converting these templates to Word 2007. Would it be fair of me to assume we could just copy the text of these comments to the new comments in our converted templates? Would there be any corruption? Or do we need to type out the comments letter by letter to avoid any corruption issues. There are differing opinions in our department on how to proceed. Hoping for some clarification from the helpful folks here. Thanks Well, Word 2007 a...

how can I allow others to post comments on a PDF document?
i sent out a publisher document in PDF and one of my collegues wanted to add some edits electronically (kind of like electronic post it notes) - but apparently I have to allow that first? How does this all work? You need Acrobat or some third party software that allows comments. Office's add-in doesn't do that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "pulseyouth" <pulseyouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F3ABA73-4B99-4BC4-A914-7732F3BB122D@microsoft.com... >i sent out a ...

copy and paste excel charts as same size
I have a workbook that I need to make many charts in. And most of these charts are the same from page to page, just with data from a different sheet &/or series. I want to copy and paste one chart several times and then update the data series. However, when I paste, the chart always comes out about 75% of the size of the original. How can I copy and paste and keep the sizing in tact? I'm using Excel 2002 SP3. Thanks, Laurie A couple ways worked for me. You didn't specify that you were pasting copies of the chart onto the same worksheet and then scrolling down or over... The t...

retaining original column widths in excel
How do I retain original column widths when opening excel files sent to me. ...

Comments-Format all Comments-Prior to making
I know the answer will be NO. But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a selected font size? And, stay that way for all future comments. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Harry's GMail World" <harryhill2475@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187142498.839269.153490@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I know the answer will be NO. > > But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a > selected font size? > > And, stay that way for all future comments. > I'm glad...

Why do I keep getting repeated copies of the same incoming email
I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new separate emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at last count. Does anyone know why this is happening? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:41:03 -1000, tcav80 <tcav80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new > separate > emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at > last > count. Does anyone know why this is happening? Do you have rules set up that make copies? What anti-virus software ...

RE: Converting from existing Mailt to Outlook
My internet connection is through Cox Cable and is continual access; I am a Yahoo Plus subscriber and receive virtually all of my email thru yahoo, and my permenant address is a yahoo address. I own MSOffice Enterprise 2007 which, of course includes Outlook 2007; I want to set Outlook up as my communications program for home, office, and mobile (I have 6.1 on my mobile.). Program Outlook 2007 to be my email server; keep my current yahoo email address as primary; connect outlook 2007 through my esisting cable connection; and import my existing contacts files into outlook for usage a...

copy data into comments?
How can you copy data from a cell to the comment of another cell? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday I don't think you can do this in a comment, but I good be wrong(I hope) All you want to know about Comments you can find here http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Richard Miller" <miller49@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:bg615b$uvj$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net... > How can you copy data from a cell to the comment of another cell? > > -- > Rich...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Disable Copy & Paste files but not text for Windows Server 2008 R2
I have a windows server 2008 r2 and am running remote desktop services. I want to disable cut/paste of files via clipboard/clipbook, while at the same time enabling cut/paste of text via clipboard/clipbook. This is working in earlier version of Windows. Any suggestion is much appreciated. -- Hannkwang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hannkwang's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/199146.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1319418.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Why do series names on charts disappear when re-opening excel?
I have set up some bar charts in excel to display the series names and values of each series. However, when I close the application and re-open it, the series names are gone. I have checked the chart options, and the series name box is still checked. How do I fix this? Thanks ...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

How to open worksheet with preset columns displayed?
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with 8 columns, A-H. I have "frozen" the first two columns, A & B, so that I may scroll back and forth between columns C-H, while columns A& B remain on the screen. For some reason, each time I open the worksheet, columns C-H are all shifted over one column to the left, so that column C is not visible. What I see are these three columns like this: A | B | D But what I want to see are the first three columns like this: A | B | C So each time I open the worksheet I have to manually scroll columns C- H to reveal column C. Even if ...

Copy whole table into one cell
Office Excel 2003 on Windows XP I'm trying to create a report-maker with excel... ugh! Anyways, there is a template that users are filling out saying whether something is defected or not... that's not important, the important part is, that I'm having VBA go though the table (using a button after it is filled out) and deleting the rows that aren't defected... in other words, if there are blank cells in column C (for example), the whole row in which that blank cell is located is deleted. I'll never have more than 40 rows and 5 columns in the table so I don'...

copy header/footer btwn sheets
How do I copy the header/footer from one spreadsheet to another? Copying the entire worksheet and using Edit->Paste Special->Formats leaves out the Header/Footer. and I know how to craete a copy of an existing sheet, but it's a pain to then delete the contents from Sheet1Copy, copy contents from Sheet2 to Sheet1Copy, delete Sheet2, then rename Sheet1Copy to Sheet2. I swear I saw somenoe do this years ago with a combination of holding down a key or keys and clicking on sheet and dragging to another, but I can NOT remember how to do it. Trevor, group the worksheets, then do the he...

Why I cannot view all items in the Resource View window in Visual C++ 2005 ?
Why I cannot view all items in the Resource View window in Visual C++ 2005 ? We have upgrade our compiler from VC6 and EVC++3.0 to Visual C++ 2005. the resource file have 5 diferent language. Thank's Marc Which items can't you view? Is there some sort of pattern? Tom "Marc Lefebvre" <Marc__Lefebvre_NoSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e16tkOjlGHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Why I cannot view all items in the Resource View window in Visual C++ 2005 > ? > > > We have upgrade our compiler from VC6 and EVC++3.0 to Visual C++ 2005. &...