Re:Deleting sheets!

How does one delete a sheet.

Reply to Seraphis1@aol.com
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi TA!

"Live" use

Edit > Delete Sheet and then confirm.

By VBA? Why not use the Tools > Macro > Record Macro approach to see
the code that is generated.

Sub Macro1()
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
End Sub

But that still displays the alert requiring a conformation. If you
don't want that you can use:

Sub Macro2()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"TA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does one delete a sheet.
>
> Reply to Seraphis1@aol.com

0
njharker (1646)
12/24/2003 3:06:38 AM
Just to add to what Norman wrote:

Another way to do it manually is to right click on the worksheet tab and select
delete.

If you're just starting out with excel, you may want to open a test workbook
(maybe a copy of a real one), then right click on everything you see.

You'll see that most things have context popups.  My rule of thumb is whenever
in doubt, rightclick on it!

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42C5B.11C3D7B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I had to rebuild a corrupt database this morning. My Priv.edb and = Pub.edb were the files I worked on with the ESEUTIL. Everything is = working except users are complaining that they cannot delete e-mails = that were "zapped" during the rebuild process. The message they're = receiving is " The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or = already deleted, or access was denied...

For Russ Paul-Jones of Microsoft re the News Headlines
Russ, it has been several days since your post re Microsoft working on the problem regarding the news headlines on MS Money not opening, and they still don't open. Just wanted to let you know... Thanks. Getting back after the long weekend, it looks like it is working now, at least in Money 2006. Still having trouble? -- Russ Paul-Jones russpj@microsoft.com MS Money Product Unit Manager "Chuck" <chleven@msn.com> wrote in message news:OLEfXCJ8FHA.4084@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Russ, it has been several days since your post re Microsoft working on the > pro...

re:Restart remote computer
Try "%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 00" (without the Quotes)i"ve never tried it on a remote> but it triggers an immediate reboot on my box... In news:27t1861l837f5cpt7ekpnmj9ogh7bea3dv@4ax.com trashcan@xrex.us wrote: > > Try "%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 00" (without the Quotes)i"ve > never tried it on a remote> but it triggers an immediate reboot on my > box... To reboot a remote machine you need to supply the remote hosts's name: shutdown -r -m \\hostname But then you run into user permissions on both th...

Delete rows with true or false
Hi, I want to delete all the rows that contain the word true or false. How can I do this? Thanks Diana wrote: > Hi, > > I want to delete all the rows that contain the word true or false. How > can I do this? Can you sort on the column containing true or false, then select all the rows in one group and delete them? Or does it need to be automatic? -- Jordon If the data is in one column, you could apply data|filter|autofilter (in xl2003 menus) to that column. Show the rows that contain either True or False and delete the visible rows. Then remove the au...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

disable unhide sheets on toolbar
Hello is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? TIA, Ditchy Hi Ditchy Protect the workbook (Tools > Protection menu) to prevent hiding, unhiding and renaming of sheets. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> skrev i melding news:1115110468.548181.247220@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello > is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? > TIA, Ditchy > If you want to take out that control then use Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Format").Controls("Sheet").Co...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range?
I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data. From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter, into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the lines into sheet B. The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other may have 200-300. Is there any type of function for this? Thanks! Doable but why not just use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesA...

How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.
I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages. E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this. You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by Insert-->Name-->Define. Call it "increase". Then, in the cell where you put the f...

Range of an Excel Sheet
I want to open a linked Excel Sheet with the appropriate range. The excel filename / range I have is the following: C:\Documents and Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx!Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 I'm opening the following by stripping of the extra information : C:\Documents and Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx How do I select the Range in Excel using !Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 ? thanks, Amrit Command lines to open workbooks do not include specific sheets and ranges. To open to a specific sheet and range selection you must use VBA Name the range then add this code to Thisworkbook module of Book1...

Re: http://bassturk20.piranho.de/
"rghjbnmj" <196161> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > > "bayrm" <bozkurt-0@hotmail.de> ha scritto nel messaggio > news:0C307C2E-9B41-4864-8BC6-07947A6C90D9@microsoft.com... >> Bassturk-Online-Games >> Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Geschrieben von: Administrator >> Dienstag, den 17. November 2009 um 20:45 Uhr >> >> Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 >> >> Noch immer herrscht im offiziellen Forum von Infinity Ward >> Ausnahmezustand. >> Viele Spieler beschweren sich ´┐Żber die fehlenden De...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

Sheet outline range.
How can I determine in vba the range occupied by a sheet? The edges of the sheet may be "ragged" ie. there will be blank cells within the range and at its edges - I want to determine the overall rectangular occupied outline to use in a Range statement. TIA Chris Depending on what you want, you may want to try .usedrange. msgbox worksheets("Sheet1").usedrange.addresss (for example) Be aware that excel keeps track of the usedrange in a way you probably don't--it remembers the last used cell, even if you've cleared that cell. Debra Dalgleish...

Re-exporting functions from dynamically linked DLL
Hi, I have the following situation: I have a 3rd party DLL which does not include a LIB file, just a header file with typedef declarations for exported functions (It is intended for dynamic linking) I need to wrap the DLL to allow for callbacks to my own code (in Lisp), and to do this I need to load the DLL using LoadLibrary and access each function that I need using GetProcAddress. So for example: The third party header will say: typedef INT (WINAPI * lp_function)(); Then in my c wrapper file: #include "3rdparty.h" #ifdef _WIN32 #define DllExport __declspec(dllexport) #else #...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

Sort a 'Protected' sheet
Using Excel 2002, when I try to sort a protected sheet with a macro, I get a dialog box with 'Run time error 1004'. I allowed sorting when I set up the macro. Do I need to 'unprotect' the sheet with the macro and then 'protect' it again after the macro does its sorting? Any suggestions? Thanks, Barney As ALWAYS, post your coding efforts for comments -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barney" <barneypo@no-spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:srMii.817$yD2.605@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > Using Excel ...

reduce poster to regular sheet
Win 2002/XP Is there a function in Publisher to take a 11 & 17 poster -"shrink" and print out on 8-1/2 X 11 paper ? Thank you Pat Joram pjoram@monroecc.edu What version Publisher??? Some printers have Zoom Smart... Look at your printer options. You can select all, copy, paste special, picture and shrink it that way. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pat" <pjoram@monroecc.edu> wrote in message news:OMlCDHQvEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Win 2002/XP > > Is there a function...

Re: too long execution time and access violation error
Oh ... and one more thing ... is CPlex one of your classes? If it is here's the problem ... CPlex::FreeDataChain() line 45 + 15 bytes It appears it's doing a delete that is causing the access violation. KS "KS" <ks@blah.com> wrote in message news:... > The reason why it's taking 55 seconds is because you're running the > application in debug. When running in debug, MFC has A LOT of overhead if > you're doing a lot of new's or a lot of delete's. This is a because MFC > does a lot of error checking to make sure you're not deletin...

Invisible Excel sheet
Hi Very strange one for you. I have an Excel 2000 sheet. I can open it fine. I pass the same sheet via email and floppy disc to a colleague. When he opens the file, the file apparently opens, but it is totally invisible. When you try to reopen the file (without having closed down the file, because it looks like nothing has been opened, it says that the file is already open. You can navigate around this invisible file (you can see the cell reference change as you move the arrow buttons. We have: Checked that the sheet is not hidden Checked that the window is not hidden. Re-installed Office. ...

Remake deleted account in Windows Live Mail
Hi, is it possible to remae an acount I have removed from Windows Live Mail ? Or just a possibility to import the emails there was in the 2 account I removed ? I did not think the program would delete the emails, when I removed the account settings. Hope someone can help, as there are some emails I would like to save. Best wishes Steen Did you look on the web access for those accounts to see if the emails are still out there? "steendk" <steendk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:652B3826-1F5C-4309-99DC-7EE579109C44@microsoft.com......

How do I keep a formula from changing if a row is added or deleted
I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is deleted. Regardless of what happens in the worksheet I want the formulas to remain the same. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwolt wrote: > I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows > are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either > changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is >...

Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns
I am trying to produce an Excel spread sheet with at least 370 columns in one spread sheet but the limit seems to be set at 256. Is it possible to increase this number? Grit your teeth and wait for the next version of XL (12), and you'll have all you need!<g> Check out the new specs here: http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Pi...

How to delete digits after period
I am working on a price list and want to delete the multiple digit after the period and permanmently on keep two. I know about th increase and decrease decimal. But I need to permanently delete th digits. Can anyone help -- Rogerm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rogermb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1673 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31936 Hi =ROUND(A1,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rogermb" <Rogermb.1g4s7z@excelforum-nospam.com> sch...

Sheet sorts
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Data is entered on the first sheet and linked to the other sheets. I want the other sheets to automatically sort when I change data in the first sheet. Think you need to use either vlookup or index/match on a key col in the "linked" sheets. Get a sound grounding on using these functions .. Try Debra's nice coverage on VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html VLOOKUP http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html INDEX/MATCH There's also some sample workbooks available for d/l & study...

Scheduled Bills/Deposits being deleted by MSN Money!
Money 2k4 Deluxe and Money Central, win xp pro sp-1 tho I doubt this matter.. I have about 2 dozen scheduled bills or deposits set up. When I sync my account with MSN Money, I lose a number of these, they simply aren't listed anymore, although about 10 or so remain. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY this is happening. For the moment, I'm simply not syncing with MSN money, but that's a less than optimal solution, as it means I have to manually download electronic statements for half a dozen bank accounts. I have before and after screenshots of the bills page, if seeing ...

Copy and paste cahrt to new sheet-update data automatically?
If I have a chart set up oin one sheet and need the same chart on a differnet sheet, but with the data on the new shee represented...do I have to physically change the source on every sheet I copy it to or can it be "programmed" to do it automatically? (I have 100 sheets and 4 sheets to a page so am hoping I don't have to edit source data on all 400 charts.) Thanks in advance for any help! You'll find it easier if you copy the entire sheet, including charts and data, then pasting the new data over the data in the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exce...