Re: Changing a block of cells from relative to absolute references

To the kind person that posted VBA code to do this, my thanks. It appears that
this is in fact the easiest (read only) way to do this. I sent it to someone
that knows a bit more than me about such things (ie something :) ) and they
commented ...

This is a very nice tidy piece of code and should work quite well... Except
missing a vital "End With" :-)

Aint it always the way. :)

For the sake of completeness and in the hope that it might prove useful for
others, here is the code that worked :

'**************************** START OF CODE ******************************

Option Explicit ' forces you to declare all variables.

Sub testme01()
    ' declare variable
    Dim myCell As Range

    'Basically reads for each cell in the selection...if it has a formula make
sure it is set to absolute
    For Each myCell In Selection.Cells
    '
        With myCell

            If .HasFormula Then
                .Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(.Formula, xlA1, ,
xlAbsolute)
            End If
        End With

    Next myCell

End Sub

'**************************** END OF CODE ******************************

Again for completness, here are the other options for that variable to
change the reference type to ...
xlAbsolute
xlAbsRowRelColumn
xlRelRowAbsColumn
xlRelative

MANY thanks ! :)

Bruce

Oook !
NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !

Oops.  I was cleaning it up and I cleaned it up too well!

Thanks for posting back a working version.

(I did actually test it before I "fixed" it!)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Single click selects multiple cells

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Changing language

Disable Scanmail & Typical VM Largest Block Size
This is how to disable Mailscan as per Trend Support. Stop all Scanmail services and unregister the event sink. To unregister SMTP event sinks: 1. Open the command prompt. 2. For SMEX 7.0, go to the ..\Program Files\Trend\SMEX folder 3. Run the toolSmtpEventSink.exe /unreg command. After doing this the VM Largest Block Size does not decrease below 70 meg. But 70 meg seems low to me. Is 70 meg typical? -- Brett ...

RE: Fill Factor on a clustered index
Tricky one. Have a database getting alot of locks...Darn sql server and those silly page locks. Anyway had to change the application to use a disconnected methodology and check for changes before doing an update. Love the asp.net alternative. It just clobbers data (unless you write code to check)...record locks have their uses but...right now need to reduce any locking possible and one article on the web mentioned even tables where you just add data too could do with a fill factor. One table just keeps a track of changes by the record id. There is a clustered index on the record ...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...