Re: Attn LoriM

>Here's what I would do...

>Copy & paste the cells in Word. That will put the info in a Word table.

I should have been clearer in my request.

That is where I had put it.

>If you don't want a table, you can then do "Table | Convert | Table to Text" to
>get a list.

>If you need it back in Excel, just copy the text and paste back into an
>Excel cell.

Nope I wanted it in Word without the table, just like it now is, thanks to your help. :-)

Many thanks

oldtrout

"oldtrout" wrote:

>> Using Excel 2000
>> I have two columns. I want to remove the info from each column so that the info is in a list and not in cells.
>> Can it be done and how?
>> Thanks
>> oldtrout

Where to RE-download Money? #2
Long story short, I had to reformat my HDD and now I need to re-download Money to my PC. Problem: I don't remember for sure what version I had (It had to have been either 2006 or 2007). I have backups on floppy disks, but those didn't tell me anything (not sure what to look for though). I've called the help numbers and just got passed from one department to another for over 2 hours without resolve. Someone help! ...

RE: AutoCorrectFile???
Have been unable to use my MS Office applications for the past three months because the dialog box captured and uploaded in the link below keeps popping up. My checks in the various fora suggests that I may have mistakenly tweaked something but in Windows rather than Office. How do I reverse whatever I may have done in error. The deatails of the problem are captured in the link below; http://cid-08fa2dc2dee094bb.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/AutoCorrectFile%20Problem.JPG ; Thanks May be I should add that I am running Office 2007+ on Windows Vista Home Premium ...

Re: OL2000 Cannot open attachments
"RHahm" <rhahm*no*spam*@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > I cannot open most atachments in Outlook 2000 - Win XP home. > > Is there a workaround for this? > > Thanks > > ...

Re: Saving CSV in Unicode?
I'm using Excel to write a CSV in UNICODE. If I simple save this file then all the unicode text is converted to ASCII '???' things. So I specify the file name like "test.csv" and specify "UNICODE Text" in FileType. Now when I open the file in Notepad, I find no comma but TABS as separator. If I open the file in Excel, it prompts me to select delimiter with which the file was saved. If I select anything except "Tab" then all the data is shown in single column that I've to break using "Text to Column" Feature. And you know my clie...

The PO line should re-open following a return from project
A return from project transaction removes an item from RBNI. To take it one step further, you should have the option of "re-opening" or "uncancelling" the line item on the originating PO for the quantity returned. This could either be a set-up option or a prompted question at the time of posting the return. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Re-home public folders
What is the easiest way to re-home public folders? I recently added a second exchange 5.5 server to my site and I would like to move them to the new server. I already moved all mailboxes. I tried the .PST option without success. Thanks for your help Percy configure replicas of all the public folders on your new Exchange server...then after you're certain everything has been replicated, remove the instances on the old server... "Percy" <Percy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21622024-FEB8-4D82-B8AC-194B50BD4085@microsoft.com... > What is the easiest...

Error: The subscription to publication is invalid in SFO offline whenever i disable and re-enable replication
Hi, I'm getting the Error: "The subscription to publication is invalid" in the SFO when I try to go offline whenever i disable and re-enable replication. I only know how to fix it by re-installing SFO. There must be another solution as I imaginine my customers may want to sometimes disable replication. In which case, all of their clients shouldn't need to re-install the SFO client. Is this by design? Or is there something in the replication settings which i could do? Thanks Linna ...

Exporting guids for re-import
I need to export contact records from our system which will then be updated with a value so that I can reimport them. I understand that if you can get the GUID of a record that you can then import it back in and match on that GUID to avoid creating duplicates. How can I get an export that contains the GUID? Each export may contain different criteria so I can not create a static report or something. Thanks. Hello Taylor, Look for the "Update import possible in MS CRM 4"-tread in this newsgroup - contains everything you need ! Regards, Mav. "Taylor" wrote: >...

Distribution list creation policy (re-post)
I am reposting a message I submitted a few months ago. I find it hard to believe that we are the only company with this problem...Please help - thanks. Hi, We have 5500 users and we are currently at 1400 distribution lists. We migrated over from TAO email years ago and in that system, users were able to create their own mailing lists, which they did and did it well. I think that they are still used to this mentality and are always requesting distribution lists to be created. This function is handled by one of our two Exchange administrators, but not happily I must say. Our lists situation ...

Re: Apostrophe changes in replies <1163976497.408704.157170@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
I'm experiencing the same problem. And I'm seeing recent posts for this issue -- could it be related to any recent software updates? EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Non existent USB devices appearing in device manager and safely re
Two non-existent USB devices appear in device manager and the safely remove icon in the tray. The devices are: generic flash hs-cf usb device generic Flash HS-Combo USB Device However, no such devices are attached to any usb ports. These devices appear under storage in the device manager. In the safely remove function they appear in blue [does blue font have any significance?] If I stop the devices with the safely remove function that appears in the system tray, the devices disappear, BUT reappear when I reboot and XP Pro gives a message stating that the devices that ...

Re-orienting a Report Vertically
When I create reports they are always oriented horizontally. The column headings and columns run vertically but each item in a record runs horizontally. I cannot find a way to rotate this 90 degrees to the left where the record field headings run along the side of the report and the record data runs vertically for each record, fitting many records on one page. For example, if I have Last Name, First Name, Phone Number--when I create a report each field name runs across the top of the page and each record runs underneath the field names. I'd like to have each field name running do...

Gotta Be An Easy One (Saving Column RE-Widthes)
Hi... If a have five columns of data, and use "AUTO-FIT" (or AUTOFORMAT) to be able to size the five columns widths in order to be able to view all the data, how can I SAVE this so every subsequent time I open this file it will remember the column widths and not default back to the small std. widths? This is a .CSV file. Thanks! Andy Hi Andy Save the file as a .xls file. HTH Regards Bob C. >-----Original Message----- >Hi... > >If a have five columns of data, and use "AUTO-FIT" (or >AUTOFORMAT) to be able to size the five columns widths in >or...

Re: cannot download updates for office mac 2004 student/teacher edition
Actually: Ping "download.microsoft.com". I think it will resolve to a different server than the one I am seeing in Australia. I deduce this from the fact that I am seeing an 8 millisecond ping time here, and that's not enough time for the packets to get from one side of the Pacific to the other, so I suspect they have some very interesting re-directing technology happening in the middle... Cheers -- Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word.mvps.org/ Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to. John McGhie, Consultant Tec...

Re: Create a listbox
I should have pointed out to select ALL the cells where you want the list of dropdown items and to check the In Cell Dropdown box. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Jim" <twodays@nospamcableone.net> wrote in message news:... > Perhaps you want to use Data>Validation>Settings tab>Allow>List where you > enter an equal sign and a named range containing the choices (=MyList), a > range of cells (K2:K20) containing your choices, or the choices each > separated by a comma (US). > > -- > Greeting from the Gulf Coast...

re:
Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how it's done? I have to explain. Recently at work we stopped receiving some emails from one person at a company. All of her emails say almost exactly the same thing and in the past we have not had a problem but last week we did not receive three, and this week we did not receive four so far. Other people are copied in on the email and only people at my company are not recieving it. We have checked the server and with our service provider and the emails are nowhere to be found. The person later copies and pastes the original email sent and...

USB Mass Storage Medium change and re-enumeration
Hi, I have a MFC mass storage application, it provides the login/logout function which switch between partitions, the function works well in Win2000/XP; Ex: the jump-to partition pop-up after login, but I found it doesn't work in Win98/ME, after login, the OS NOT try to do medium-change as in XP, because 98 doesn't issue TestUnitReady periodically as in XP, so the device have no chance to inform OS the medium-change event(switch partition), thus may cause blue screen by partition information mismatch sometimes. How to inform OS the medime-change event so the jump-to partition ...

Re-sizing pictures to fill slide?
I have a presentation of pictures in PP 2007 that I've inserted, one to each slide. They all have a border round them. I can't see a way of automatically re-sizing these pictures so they fill the whole slide with no border. Is there a way? Thanks Hi Gordon, I use the following in PowerPoint 2002. Maybe it will work for you. To fill the slide and retain the aspect ratio: INSERT | NEW SLIDE | FORMAT | BACKGROUND | In the background window click on the arrow for drop-down menu | select FILL EFFECTS | PICTURE tab | click SELECT PICTURE | click on the file for the...

Re: OE won's send email, insufficient memory 02-25-10
"dada" <ali-mehrvar22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:... > > "BlueMagoo" <BlueMagoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:0CE239C6-E6D5-483C-BEA2-A8B98548C13F@microsoft.com... >> Suddenly OE will not send email but gives a "not enough memory" message. >> My >> sent mail folder is suddenly empty as well. Also, if I try to move a >> message >> into the now empty sent malil folder I get the same message. Other logon >> IDs >> on the same computer can still send and receive...

Beyond the VLOOKUP Limitation: Extracting records after the 1st re
I have an Excel file with 10k+ records. Sometimes there are the same serial numbers consuming multiple parts on the same Service Start Date (SVC START {column E} » ROW 3 & 4), or the same serial number consuming the same parts on different days (» ROW 9 and 10; ROW 11 and 12; ROW 14 and 15), or a serial number consuming only one part on a single day (ROW 5, ROW 6). My goal is to prepare a report that shows the parts consumed by SERIAL NUMBER {column A}, by SVC START (Service Start Date {column E}), by PART DESC (Part Description {column C}). Thanks to the exper...

re: sum cells containing text
Hi. Can anyone help me please. I want to sum the values of certain cells, that contain numbers and text eg. cell B2 contains 32A cell B3 contains 12B cell B4 contains 6C the text will always be a, b or c, and always stay on the right Thanks in advance With sample data like this: cell B2 contains 32A cell B3 contains 12B cell B4 contains 6C Try this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--LEFT("00"&B2:B10,LEN(B2:B10)+1)) With the above data, the formula returns: 50 32+12+6 Is that something you can work with? -- Ron Coderre -----------------...

re: updating values
that works, but i'll need to add a lot of hidden feilds (20+/-)... Is there another way (perhaps more efficient -if not as simple?) ("there's more than one way to skin a cat") thanks inadvance, mark --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79CFD708-34B3-419A-A3F1-CF7050ACDE9F@microsoft.com... > Mark - > > Add the field [PresetOption] to the form. You can set the .visible > property > to FALSE so the user won't see it. Then the code...

Re-Install on Re-Imaged computer error
I have recently been forced to re-image my computer due to spyware, viruses, (and various other things microsoft cannot deal with). Durring my reinstalation of microsoft outlook (it is a legal copy pre-packaged with a pocket pc), i came upon the error 'This product has allready been instaled on another computer',,, great... thanks for the info. of course the other computer was the same computer with a diffrent image on it. So due to poor programing i am left without a product i paid for. if anyone has encountered this error before, please reply.(i would have tried directly co...

Account Re-assignment and Child Object Re-assignment
Has anyone else experienced this situation or noticed it... We have approximately 2000 accounts; most with a dedicated Account Manager covering them. In addition, we have a team of Inside Sales and Technical resources that deal with all accounts. At times (new Account Manager, Account reorganization) the account ownership needs to be changed. This is all well and good; however, when you reassign an account ALL CHILD OBJECTS are also reassigned. This is fine for contacts and maybe even quotes/orders/invoices; however, why would we want all child activities also reassigned? This is especial...

re: Entry Point Not Found
Petar, I would expect the different letter (Q vs. U) to be a result of a different declaration. Firefox.exe is expecting something, and you are declaring something else. I would use undname.exe (un-decorate name) to translate ??RnsQueryInterface@@UBEIABUnsID@@PAPAX@Z to something I can compare with my declaration. Hope this helps. Thanks, George Mileka VC++ Libraries Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights. -----Original Message----- From: Petar Popara Posted At: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:13 AM Posted To: microsoft.public.vc.mfc Convers...