Range names are displaying in big blue letters on sheet

Does anyone know how to turn off this display?
It seems so basic, but I can't find it.
0
Katie (75)

The range names will appear if you set the zoom level below 40%. I don't
know of any way to turn this feature off.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/1/2005 10:20:24 PM
Katie

Are you sure it is range names and not page numbers?

Try View>Normal

Other than that, I'm at a loss without more detail.

What do the range names look like other than big and blue?

Give us an example of the text you see.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:59:01 -0800, "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know how to turn off this display?
>It seems so basic, but I can't find it.

0
Gord
11/1/2005 10:28:49 PM
Thanks for responding.  I already checked the page break preview (made sure
it was in normal view).  I tested it to make sure it was range names by
adding a new range.

It is indeed what Debra wrote.  If anyone knows a way to turn off range name
display for screens zoomed small, please let me know.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Katie
>
> Are you sure it is range names and not page numbers?
>
> Try View>Normal
>
> Other than that, I'm at a loss without more detail.
>
> What do the range names look like other than big and blue?
>
> Give us an example of the text you see.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:59:01 -0800, "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know how to turn off this display?
> >It seems so basic, but I can't find it.

0
Katie (75)
11/1/2005 10:42:04 PM
Thanks, that is exactly what is happening!  If anyone knows of a way to turn
this feature off (showing range names for small zooms), please let me know!

Katie

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> The range names will appear if you set the zoom level below 40%. I don't
> know of any way to turn this feature off.
>
> Katie wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to turn off this display?
> > It seems so basic, but I can't find it.
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Katie (75)

Turning off display while VBA running
Seems to me I once saw an option I can turn off to keep Excel from updating the display while my program inserts rows, fills in data, hides/unhides rows and such, so it'll run faster if there's a lot to be accomplished...the idea being that the program will turn the display, so to speak, back on just before it gets to End Sub. Now I want to use that feature and I can't find it in my VBA/Excel chm. Can anyone tell me where to look for it? Thanks. Application.Screenupdating Tim "Bob Bridges" <rhbridg.RemoveThisNode@attglobal.net> wrote in message ...

How not to display cell contents in toolbar above work area
I do not want the cell contents to be repeated in the toolbar above the work area. I have cells with long text messages and the display of box in the toolbar flows over the work area, which confuses readability. Can I switch this display off. One edits text in the cell anyway. Thanks Laurence Laurence, Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the View tab. There, uncheck the "Formula bar" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Laurence Lombard" <lombardm@mweb.co.za&g...

change CRM server name in the outlook client
hei, is there any way to change crm server name in the outlook client. i do not want to reinstall the client again. thanks RG You can change the WebAppUrl if that's what you mean. With that you can point it to another url to access the crm app. In the registry, you can change the key WebAppUrl in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "RG" <RG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E8E5D78-9855-446F-BDF3-62C851A01B09@microsoft.com... > hei, > is there any wa...

Displaying Linked and Embeded Objects in Excel
I'm having trouble displaying all of a linked or embeded workbook in excel 2003 on my school's EP computers. Every time I try to create one I only get 10 lines of the workbook. Any suggestions?? ...

Corrupted display page for tax estimator (Money 2003)
When I go to the Tax Estimator page in Money 2003 and hit next, my machine momentarily hangs and then the page that is displayed is corrupted. The text on the personal information page overwrites itself and is unusable. If I go back and then forward (or switch to something else and come back), the display is then fine. Anyone else have this problem? I am using Windows XP Professional and all updates. Jeff Yes. M02 also,. Haven't tested on M04 yet. "Jeff Durham" <root@localhost> wrote in message news:e$S6q7dVDHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... .... > Anyone else hav...

Copying info from cells and putting them into a letter
I have a few columns in various sheets in a document, say columns A, B and C. The range of the cells within these columns is from 7:31. Now what I would like is for, in a new sheet, I am going to create a template letter sheet, "sheet13". Now everytime, I enter information in any of the cells within the columns, A, B and C, I want the information to be copied over into my template letter sheet, "sheet13". As the information will remain in my spreadsheets for a while, I only want the information copied over from new information which has just been inputted that day. I could ...

Contacts, taska, notes, calendar from Outllok XP saved to PST not displayed in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am about to migrate from Internet Mail enabled profiles on Outlook XP to Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003. On trying to open users PST files in Outllok 2003, as a test, all the mail folders appear but the contacts, tasks, notes, calendar folders are not displayed. Is this a known bug and what's the work around? Thank you. In Outlook 2003, the default view is Mail view. This shows only mail folders. If you click the Calendar or Contacts or Tasks button on the Navigation Pane (on the left) do you see data? Click the Folder List button on the Navigation Pane (it looks like a file fold...

Arabic data display problem while exporting from smartlist to exce
While exporting arabic customer data from smartlist to excel sheet am getting the juck data. So can anyone show me how to fix this problem. Thanks. -- Developer please check your Regional and Language Settings in control panel. (if it is not Arabic , change it). which collation setting you are using in (Sort order) in SQL server ? BS "Habeeb" <Habeeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304FE7AA-2D75-4DB6-8F96-F5002FDCA366@microsoft.com... > > While exporting arabic customer data from smartlist to excel sheet am > getting the juck data. So can an...

Subreports don't display in CRM report viewer
I have a report that displays a series of subreports. This works fine when I deploy it manually but when I deploy it through CRM none of the subreports are uploaded, therefore they don't display. This is true of an image on the report as well. IF I look at the catalog in the ReportServer database I can see that the manually deployed report is accompanied by the graphic and the subreports in the Catalog table. The additional items are all marked as hiden=true as expected. However when I look at the same report deployed via CRM there is only a record in this table for the report ...

Displaying hierarchical data
Hello, I need to display hierarchical data in a list, the way most news readers do. E.g. +100 xxxx yyyy -200 xxxx yyyy 10 aaa bbb 20 aaa bbb +300 xxxx yyyy I need to able to expand/collapse the sub-rows Do anyone know of a control that does this? Or have code/suggestion on how to fix ListCtrl? I'm using VC++ 2005, MFC. The program will run on Windows XP (and maybe Vista in the future) // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! Tree control Also look at this...

Change machine name/IP address
Quick question: I need to change the machine name programmatically. I wasn't able to spot the API call quickly, and hoped that someone might have the answer. Why? We're ghosting 20-30 machines at once from the same master, and need to run a program that will (a) Set the machine name (it will prompt, and the names are of the form XXXXnnnn where nnnn is a 4-digit number) (b) Set the IP address to 10.0.nn.nn (we have no DHCP server) (c) Enable the C drive to be shared by everyone (I think I can figure this out, but if someone has a code snippet it will save me some time) The point her...

Drive letter for program
Is it possible to get the drive letter from which the program is running? If it is, how? (I have already tried _getdrive() (only returns C) and _getcwd() (also retreives a path from C) On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:55:25 -0700, "Joachim" <joape382@student.liu.se> wrote: >Is it possible to get the drive letter from which the >program is running? If it is, how? (I have already tried >_getdrive() (only returns C) and _getcwd() (also retreives >a path from C) GetModuleFileName() and _splitpath(). Ruben Thanks, however, there was a new problem when trying this: c...

Name manager version 3 Beta
Crossposted to Misc, Programming and Functions ... Name Manager Version 3 Beta, developed by myself and Jan Karel Pieterse, with Mac localisation by Matthew Henson, is available for download from http://www.DecisionModels.com/downloads.htm Please let us know of any bugs ... regards Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm ...

Install with new Organization name: Can't find exisitng database
Hello! I already have a trial installation with MSDN Subscriber as an Organization (unfortnately, I have a lot of data in my database), and I am willing to make a clean CRM Install with new organization name and license keys. I have already un-installed CRM and trying to re-install it with new organization name, asking to connect to existing database (meaning the MSDN Subscriber one). Unfortunately it can't connect as it says that there is no database for this organization in my SQL Server (although of course there is one...). Is there any way to make it connect to my existing database? I...

Web address' showing up as Hyperlinks, not blue underlined.
The web address' that I paste on my document show up as {HYPERLINK followed by the URL address}. I cannot CTRL click on the site to open it, I must right click and open from the new menu. Is there a way that I can format these "hyperlinks" to just show up blue with underlining so that I can just click on them to access the site? Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing now) to field results. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Harness82" <...

formula help: returning a range that is the 1st row of an existing range
Hi I have a range defined over a table of data, eg myTestRange = B1:T100 The 1st row of this range is the table field/column headings. I want to find the index number of a particular field. Eg if I had the following table: Name, Address, phonenumber, Age, Sex data..... my table range would be defined over the table and I want to know the col index of say the "AGE" field - which would be 4 in this case as its the 4th column in this range. I know the MATCH command returns the col index that I want, but what I dont know how to do is tell Excel to look over the 1st row of my range. ...

Photo Display in IFRAME
Hi there I was wondering if anyone can assist, I would like to display a photo of the logged in user on an IFRAME and have photo that are stored locally, can anyone urgently supply me with a code for creating an aspx page. -- Thanking you in advance This add-on only works for CRM 3.0, but I think it is exactly what you need: http://www.cwrmobility.com/Products/ImageAddInforDynamicsCRM/tabid/67/Default.aspx You can add an IFrame that will show images for any Customizable CRM entity. --MD "Sylvielucious" wrote: > Hi there > > I was wondering if anyone can assist...

VLOOKUP and Ranges
I wonder if you can help me. I am trying to use VLOOKUP to do the following: - I have a two column table, the first has words in it and the second has percentages. - What I want to do is lookup values (from a variety of different cells) and match them to the percentages column - but bring back the words in the first column. The problem is that the values will not be an exact match - as basically the percentages column is a list to define the ranges (i.e. it would say in the first column a quarter and then the second column would say 24%-26%). What I have done is entered "a quart...

sheet protection with links
Dear all, I have a sheet that has links to another file. I would like to protect the cells with the links so that the links cannot be deleted (i.e. the formula/format of the link) and replaced by values, but would like to allow the link to be changed to the corresponding file. Is there any way to do this? Thank you for your help! Hi, before protecting the sheet the cell has to be protected, on the cell where the hiperlink is, right click on the mouse, cell format, protection, check the locked box, then protect the sheet "sthart" wrote: > Dear all, &g...

disable sheet while processing
I have a sort sub() that takes some time to complete. Running it requires that I remove protection for the sheet, unhide rows and blah blah. Is there anyway to keep a user's hands off the workbook while this runs? My impression is that the mouse is on one leg while all this happens, but I'm not sure just what it can get away with. Que up clicks and make a mess? This sheet is so busy I'd keep it all locked up if I could. Thank you. You can use application.screenupdating=false code application.sceenupdating=true OR, it may NOT be necessary to unprotect>unhide...

Displaying locked cells
I know that you can tab to unlocked cells, but when you have been designing a spreadsheet, is there a way of displaying which cells are locked (protected) and which are not? >-----Original Message----- >Mike > >I like to use a conditional format for this: > >In cell A1, call up Format / Conditional Format. In the drop down box select "Formula is" and then enter the following. > >=CELL("Protect",A1)=1 > >Select a suitable cell background colour (or font colour, or whatever) for the condition then OK. Copy your format to the rest of your...

Displaying all Hours between user input start and end times
hi, I need to display all the hours between what my users enter as there start and end times. Example Start: 7/13/2007 5pm End: 7/14/2007 3am I want to see 5pm, 6pm...1am, 2am, 3am in a column. Is this possible? I am familur with VBA but am stuck here. -- Thanks Vance ...

How to Display bitmaps on runtime in wizard which is derived from CAppWizStepDlg
Does anyone know how to display a left bitmap on a custom app wizard dialog derived from CAppWizStepDlg? (not CCustomAppWizDlg) Just puting a bitmap control(picture control) there and specifying the bitmap ID is not working. Custom painting doesn't appear to work either. What is the App Wizard doing to prevent my bitmap from being displayed? Custom painting of what by whom? I'm a little surprised that a picture control doesn't work, but you might make sure the WS_CLIPCHILDREN and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS styles are set on the dialog templates. joe On 31 Jan 2007 01:44:32 -0800, &...

Excel2000: Strange behaviour for named range
Hi Some time ago I posted here a question about case, where a fixed named range didn't get listed as table in ODBC query wizard, when the source workbook was closed. And when I created a query with opened source workbook, then it dind't refresh anymore, after the source workbook was closed. Now at last I found out something, that maybe helps to find a solution, but I myself can't explain it. I discovered, that the range got listed, when I renamed it so that it's index was less, i.e. the name was in top of names list in Define Name dialog. Then I copied it under diffrent names...

Search Entire Sheet instead of 1?
I have a function whereby if a string in Sheet 2/Column1 is contained in Sheet1/Column1, it returns Sheet2/Column1. I am doing this manually but would like it to step through the whole table in Sheet 2 (i.e. step through all for a match. Currently my formula looks like this; =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Sheet2!B3,Sheet1!A3)), Sheet2!A3) To get it do do each manually of course I'd need to to =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Sheet2!B1,Sheet1!A1)), Sheet2!A1, IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Sheet2!B2,Sheet1!A1)), Sheet2!A2), =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Sheet2!B3,Sheet1!A1)), Sheet2!A3), etc So I am trying to do...