Range name title appearing as background in merged cells

Hi,

Cell E11 is a Named Range.  When i Merge E11:H11 the text in Cell E11 is
centred across the Merged area which is great, however, i can see the Range
Name i assigned to E11 also centred across the Merged area.

Would anyone know how i can get rid of this please?

Thanks
John

Dynamic Chart Titles #2
Hello, I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic. On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2. On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that I want to use as my Chart titles. For example: =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.") I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3 is named "NAF". I then added a text box to my first char...

company name change
Hello Our company has recently changes names. We already have two email domains currently in use, one set as primary for everything and another which was used in the past. We have one defined SMTP address, which is primary for all users. We also have another which was used int he past, but is not listed as a SMTP address in EXCH system mgr, recipients policies. Of course, I have a new domain to add as our primary smtp address and will need to make the current smtp address secondary for users. In EXCH system mgr, I do see CCMAIL and MS properties which appear to be our old email domain...

how do i change the color of a cell auotmatically?
I am desiging a data shee and i want to changes the color of a cell based on the valuse of anthor cell. ex. if "cell m34" is equal to 0 then "cell p21" is white, if cell m34 less than 1548, then "cell P21" is yellow Can this be done? If so, please help me out. Hi! Select cell P21 Goto Format>Conditional Formatting In the dropdown select Formula is Enter this formula in the box: =AND(M34<>"",M34=0) Click the Format button and select the style to apply then click OK. Click the Add button In Condition 2 Formula is: =AND(M34>=1,M34<=154...

Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and ...
Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and be able to use the numbers in that cell to make an equation with another? The short answer .. No -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "thegen" <thegen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1552FF10-9CAA-42AD-B401-B0D229D6A343@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and be able to use the > numbers in that cell to make an equation with another? well maybe depending on how the "text & currency" was ar...

How to skip cells with text strings.
What should I add to the code below to cause it to skip a cell tha contains a text string in the cell above it? I need it to only work o numbers in the cell above it. If ActiveCell.Offset(rowoffset:=-1) <> "" Then ActiveCell = ActiveCell.Offset(rowoffset:=-1) + 1 Application.SendKeys ("{Enter}") End If Thanks so much. mikebur -- mikebur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thread...

Excel Formula Guidance. Formula need to determine if cell is popul
Hi, Hopefully someone will be able to provide some guidance. I have been tasked with setting up some spreadsheets at work to application coming into my department and the number of days it takes for us to deal with them. To work this out is easy enough using formula =NETWORKDAYS(B4,E4,$A$119:$A$158) with the numbers involved with the $ referencing bank holidays listed in the spreadsheet and B4 received date and E4 being the completed date. I now need to include some extra lines as I need to be able to monitor written enquiries as well so the headings would read Application ...

Diffrent cell on diffrent date?
I�m going to TRY and explain this the best I can. For work when we do our cash out at the end of the night we use a exce sheet. This sheet is to add up our change, checks, credit cards etc etc. etc. When we're done we print it out and than type the figure into another excel sheet. I pretty much know how to combine the sheets so instead of typing the numbers into SS1 and than entering i into SS2 I can have the numbers going from SS1 to SS2 automatically But my question is that how do I set it up so when I type the info i SS1 that it will go to in to SS2 but to have the cells change by dat...

HTML_Control Range name
I have a problem with one of my macros where I am copy an entire worksheet (not by range) to another workbook. However, every other worksheet it seems comes across with an message indicating that that range name HTML_Control already exists. I had run a piece of code in my worksheet to outline all range names and it appears to be some kind of range name....and to my surprise there are a whole bunch of other names as well. Can someone tell me if there is any specific purpose for it? Hi, Do you have controls on the worksheet? If so try renaimng them to something other than commandbutton1...

changing calendar appearance
I can not get the calendar day of the week to start on Sunday. Version of Outlook? Are you using Compressed weekends? You need to disable compressed weekends if you want Sunday at the beginning of the week. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email acc...

Report Name Customer
Hi We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the service activities per customer in CRM. I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the filter as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading should be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have attempted to insert a parameter without success. I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this. Many Thanks Mark no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft....

Coping numbers to next blank cell on another worksheet
I am just learning Excel (need SIMPLE help) but any help would be greatly appreciated. My OS is XL Professional and I have MS Excel 2002 SP2. I need to copy calculated numbers (I got this much done on my own) in specific cells on worksheet # 1 to the next blank cells in existing columns of numbers used in calculations on other worksheets in the same workbook. I other words, I have a formula that calculates numbers and places the results in the same column and row each time it is used. Those calculated numbers need to be copied and used on different worksheets in the same workbook. While...

Transfers appear in Reports
Money 2005. I want just a simple list of Transactions By Category, but Transfers appear at the bottom. Is there any way to keep those from showing up? In microsoft.public.money, William wrote: >Money 2005. I want just a simple list of Transactions By Category, but >Transfers appear at the bottom. Is there any way to keep those from showing >up? Customize->Reset, or Customize->Category, and uncheck IncludeTransfers. Thanks Cal, But this Report doesn't offer that check box. I have seen it in other Report formats. Any other ideas? Thanks! "Cal Learner-- MVP&...

Importing Excel mail merge data doc to outlook?
Does anyone know if this can be done for a start and if so, what needs to be done. I have tried the import/export - from excel wizard in outlook but have so far only managed to import a lot of entrys that end up as blank contacts. This leads me to believe that it can be done if the settings of the excel document are correct - i just need to figure out what the correct settings are??!!! ...

Address list in the Mail Merge Recipients
Does anyone know how to mail an address list in the Mail Merge Recipients box? It's a list of employeenames that will be added to for future years. Does she have to create her own? I am a WordPerfect User (bad word) and this is very frustrating because I just want to mail the address list and she can do her own merges. Shari I don't fully understand your post, but let me have a go. Publisher will merge any CSV (Comma Separated Values) which can easily be added to or names removed. You are well advised to stay well away from using the database built into Publisher as it is a meg...

How to save custom cell formatting?
When I goto Format - Cells - Custom and type my own format. For e.g. #,###,##0.00000 The format mentioned above is available for current file only. How do I make it available to other files (and new ones) as well? ...

title bar and menu bar in black
My title bar and menu bar are in black. The menu bar is easy to read because the words are in white. I can't see the three boxes in the upper right corner of the title bar until I "hover" over them. Is there a way to change the color of the title bar and/or menu bar to a lighter color? I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance. Stephen Reinstein SteveR7138@msn.com What windows colors /scheme are you using? Which office/outlook color are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

Need to access selective cells from Excel file stored at Sharepoin
I need to link my PPT 2007 slide with an Excel 2003/2007 sheet data stored at Sharepoint 2007. Excel sheet is having lots of cells/rows - hundreds, but i want only selective ranges to be visible in PPT slide. Moreover, if can apply some calculations prior to rendering the date, is also required. Any suggestions please? ...

how do i copy rows to a new worksheet by a cell value
Hi, I have a worksheet with many rows of values. Where a cell in a particular column is "Yes" I wish to copy the values of that row to a different worksheet. Is this something suited to a macro? Many thanks for any assistance. Nibbs without a macro, use data>filter>autofilter>filter on yes>copy -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Nibbs" <Nibbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144D7242-BAFC-43B4-98EA-EC95657832B2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a worksheet with many rows of values. Where a cell ...

loop thru cells to find matching record
I'm having difficulty with the following code. I think thre are several issues, perhaps the easier one first. When I set the following range, I noticed it didn't start at row 14 but at row 12, not sure why? Set rng = wsSheet.Range("A14:A" & Cells(65536, "A").End(xlUp).Row). I noticed that the message box shows cells I'm not interested in. The more difficult problem is per the following The active workbook, "sheet 1" has a lising of serial numbers, the serial numbers start at row 14, the exact number varies, hence the set rng as per abo...

look one cell below
Does anyone know how reference one cell below another cell. Example In cell B10 I want to return the value in the cell below cell A5, but I can't type A6 directly. I want to type in something like =A(5+1) but excel doesn't take that. Any suggestions? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, try =OFFSET(A5,1,0) Gromit ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post u...

ownerdrawn background for emty listbox ?
can anyone please tell me what i should change here to make this ownerdrawn-listbox paint its background correctly even if there are no items in it? i read something about if (lpDIS->itemID == -1) { // no items // OnEraseBkgnd(pDC); return; } in OnDrawItem(), but OnDrawItem() wont be called if box is emty ;-( ___________________________________________________________________________ #if !defined(AFX_QLISTBOX_H__SHADOWTEC__GJ02ZG75DF04SJNB7_INCLUDED_) #define AFX_QLISTBOX_H__SHADOWTEC__GJ02ZG75DF04SJNB7_INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER >= 1000 #pragma once #endif // _MSC_VER >= 1...

Manual Input of Cell Refs
I need to do a calc on sheet 1 which will use data from sheet 2. I want to point to the row on sheet 2 by manually inputting its number in sheet 1 at ,say, A1. Ex: In sheet 1 a3 I have the formula =Sum(sheet2!A?:G?) where the value of ? has been inserted manually in Sheet1 at A1 TIA Craig Hi try = =Sum(INDIRECT("'sheet2'!A" & A1 & ":G" & A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Craig wrote: > I need to do a calc on sheet 1 which will use data from sheet 2. > I want to point to the row on sheet 2 by manually inputting...

Child elements cant have the name

Pivot Table Page Field value from cell in another worksheet
I have looked through the other posts on the subject and the combination of my low skills in VB and the other solutions not exactly covering my situation means I still need to ask for help. Scenario: Worksheet a = "Scorecard" FieldName = "CustomerNumber" Worksheet b = "Products Resume" PivotTable = "PivotTable2" PivotTable Page Field = "Account Number" When CustomerNumber value on worksheet "Scorecard" is changed I need the Pivot Table Page field "Account Number" to use this value to filter the pivot t...

Use a Carriage Return when typing data into a text cell
What is the code for entering a carriage return in a text cell.? (not using a char map lookup) I tried "& char(10) &" and various combinations using alt, with no luck. What I want is to type Far[the_char_return_code]Farley[ENTER] resultng in Far Farley in the same cell. I know it exists, because a long time ago I found a spreadsheet that had it in the cell, and I copied the cell. I have been using that, but going to that worksheet and copying that character is a bit of a pain in the butt. There HAS to be a better way of doing it than that. TIA Far Farley The Profe...