Radio Button

I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three
buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it
selects the one I click on and clears one selected
before.  Is there a way to have it clear the button that
was selected if I click on the same button again.  As it
is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is
selected.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi

This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female,
no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices
(Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"DebbieF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three
> buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it
> selects the one I click on and clears one selected
> before.  Is there a way to have it clear the button that
> was selected if I click on the same button again.  As it
> is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is
> selected.

0
innocent (844)
9/7/2004 11:28:35 PM
Thanks for the response Harald.  I thought about
checkboxes.  Is there a way to group the checkboxes so
that only one in the group can be checked?  In other
words, if you check one and then another, it clears the
previous one you checked.

0
anonymous (74722)

Changing button region in Dialog
HI, Is there any way to assign my button a region, after dialog has been displayed? I dont want to use PreCreateWindow() Actually, I have 2 buttons, when user clicks first button, the second button's region changes, I did the following void CMyDialog::OnFirstButton() { CButton *pButton = (CButton*) GetDlgItem(IDC_SECOND); CRGN myrgn; myrgn.CreateEllipticRgn(10,10,33,39); pButton->SetWindowRgn(myrgn,TRUE); } but above code doesnt change the button's region. Any idea? I need to change the region of control after Dialog has been displayed. Thanks in advance ...

Command Button Count reset
Is there a way to reset the command button counter. I just added 1 command button and the number is 6120. I do not have any command buttons in this workbook at all. -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis Sorry I did not realize I sent this twice. -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis "Ed Davis" <ed@danverssoftware.com> wrote in message news:%23NSzHQuMKHA.4580@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to reset the command button counter. > I just added 1 command button and the number is 6120. > I do not have any command buttons in this workbook at all. > > > -- ...

How do you add an icon to a Command Button in Visio?
Is it possible to add an icon to an XP Command Button, in Visio? You could choose Insert > Picture to add the icon image and then group that with the button. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Xiao Bai Tu" <Xiao Bai Tu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D795F766-368E-4AA6-B15A-41CC27357B1F@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add an icon to an XP Command Button, in Visio? ...

Some Outlook 2000 buttons flicker
I have Outlook 2000 running on a system with Windows XP. Outlook seems to be working fine except that when the pointer hovers over the "New" button, or the "current view" bar, or the "Find a Contact" bar, (these fields only, the rest are fine) they all flicker. It appears to be that the the little yellow ID tag that typically appears next to the item to identify it ("New Message", "Current View", or "Find a Contact") is trying to appear, but cannot. I do not recall this problem before installing the latest critical updates, ...

Refresh Button
Hi, Can you anyone point me in the right direction? (I am not an expert btw!). I have an excel spreadsheet that extracts information from an SQL database. I want to create a button that can refresh the data on click (I don't want to use the standard one) Any ideas? Thanks, Gary -- judge ------------------------------------------------------------------------ judge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29632 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493407 ...

problem with a check-out button
Hi, I have a cart page where I show the selected products and the user must click on a check-out button. When the user clicks the check-out button the program have to hide the panel with the selected products and show a panel with the "thanks for buying" message (and save the data in the database). The problem is that when the user clicks the check-out button for the first time the program saves the data in the database but it doesn't hide the panel with the selected products and it doesn't show the panel with the "thanks for buying" message. But whe...

Run Application from a button
I have a button which when clicked takes an email address from a form fires up Outlook Express and drops the email address into the 'To' field in OE. I would like to be able to have a similiar thing for website URL's ie when I click a button it takes the URL from the form filed in Access fires up Internet Explorer and drops the URL into the IE address line many thanks On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:53:17 +0100, "Pete and Jeannette Smith" <pete.netty@tiscali.co.uk> wrote: >I have a button which when clicked takes an email address from a form fires >up Outl...

Protecting a sheet (yet allowing buttons/macros to work)?
I'm new to the button/macro feature of Excel (even though I've been assigning macros to _toolbars_ for years <g>!) So, I don't even know if what I need to do can be done: Ideally, it would be nice if I could protect all the sheets or even better the workbook in one fell swoop, so that no-one could accidentally delete the buttons YET that would still allow the macros to work. I've tried everything I know and the best I seem to be able to do, yes, protects the buttons but I the macros stop working and display a ""Run-time error '1004'". T...

can't see my command buttons anymore?
I had wrote some VBA routines that ran by clicking a command button. Everything was fine until recently. Now when I open the spreadsheets, I cannot see the buttons. The buttons are still there and if I click on the edges they will still work? What happened? I have tried everything I can think of to be able to see them again. I have actually reinstalled excel (2003) but they don't work. This is very strange. Any ideas? Rob Did you delete some rows/columns where they were? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rhzehr" <rhzehr@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

One Command button for different reports
I have two controls, among others, on a particular form. One control ‘ContractNumber’ represents the specific customer (their phone number) and the ‘ContractType’ which represents the specific report. I have 5 reports, none of the reports are the same. Based on the ‘ContractNumber’ I would like to have a command button open the ‘ContractType’ for the particular customer. I realize I can have command buttons, one for each report and have a parameter query use the ‘ContractNumber’ to call up the specific report. I want one button to open different reports, say ‘Click to view customers C...

Mark 'X' using Command button
Any body help me pls... I have a table named Table1 with a field named (A) and Data type 'text'. I have a form named 'FrmMain' Is there any way from the above form with the help of a comand button First click = insert letter "X" (without quatation mark) in field name (A) (all rows) Second click = delete all data ("X") in the above field (all rows) tks in advance On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 06:45:01 -0700, RE: VLOOKUP fORMULA <REVLOOKUPfORMULA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Any body help me pls... >I have a table named Table1 wit...

Save Button 11-16-07
Can someone tell me step by step how to create a save button for a data access page when clicked on it writes the current record to my database. Any Ideas Plz "Chris" wrote: > Can someone tell me step by step how to create a save button for a data > access page when clicked on it writes the current record to my database. ...

Bitmap Button Coloring Question
Greetings: I have just painstakingly drawn a set of four bitmap's for use in a CBitmapButton ownerdrawn button. It all work's very well but I couldn't help but notice that when I ran my application on a colleague's system, who uses a different color scheme than I, that my bitmap buttons did not fit in very well. Perhaps I am mistaken but I am pretty sure that I have seen applications with bitmap button controls that have fixed foreground but backgrounds that adjust themselves to whatever the system color for button background is suppost to be. Have I got this wrong? If not, I...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Border Art Button Missing in Dialog Box
I have 200 high school students working in Publisher 2003 on Windows XP SP3. SP3 was installed a few days ago. However, I don't know if this problem existed before then. We are on a Novell Network, but the program was installed locally from an image distribution. On some of our computers, the Border Art button is missing in the Format AutoShape and Format Text Box Dialog Boxes. The button was originally there. I have no clue how students removed the button. Can someone help me put the button back so that border art is available again? Can you tell me how the button was removed? ...

Place a button on a worksheet and assign a macro to it?
How do I place a single "button" on a worksheet (say, in one cell), and assign a macro to it? Hi, Choose View, Toolbars, and pick the Forms toolbar. Click the Button tool and then click in the spreadsheet. You will be prompted for the macro you want to assign. You can resize and move the button after assigning the macro. If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "PFB" wrote: > How do I place a single "button" on a worksheet (say, in one cell), and > assign a macro to it? I often use shapes from the drawing tool bar. O...

How to enable Undock button
Hi There, I've reinstalled my laptop, but did not do so while connected to my docking station, now the Undock button does not appear in my start menu. How can I enable this? Thank you. ...

XP Style button using MFC 4.2
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 6, MFC 4.2. Windows XP SP2. My problem is, how could I get the XP Style buttons on the dialog. If i dynamically create the button using CreateWindow() the button still looks same. I've tried 'Button Controls' article on MSDN but no luck. Could anyone help me? Thanks, Fahad Themes are handled by the system, and not on a button-basis. The way to give your application running on XP the themed look is to include a manifest resource. The resource can either be a resource compiled into your EXE or it can be a separate file in the same directory as your ...

View what macro is assigned to a tool bar button
How do I view which macro is assigned to a custom button? Right click the button. If the pop-up menu appears with the option to assign a macro, then select that option. If a macro is assigned, it will appear in the top window, shaded. If none is assigned it will appear as Button1_Click, Or whatever button number it happens to be. If the pop-up menu does not appear when you right click the button, then the button is from the Control Tool box and you will need to enter design mode to access the code for the button. Once in design mode, right click the button and select "...

My "Insert" button is not allowing me to type over text. Help??
Is there somewhere I can go to turn this on or off ?? Thx. Click the Insert/Overtype button on the Word 2007 status bar or Word Options > Advanced > Editing Options > Use the Insert key to control overtype mode. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "jozee...

you have new mail button
I remember in the older versions in outlook when I received email a windows came up notifying me of the new email. In outlook 2003 there is the fading window. Is there a way of getting the button back? I walk away from my desk I won't see the fading window. Thanks, Peretz Stern <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote: > I remember in the older versions in outlook when I received email a > windows came up notifying me of the new email. In outlook 2003 there > is the fading window. Is there a way of getting the button back? I > walk away from my desk I won't see the ...

Opening File from custom toolbar button
Hi all, I am absolutely perplexed!! I have created a toolbar button with the following macro assigned: Sub RecordsCurrent2() Workbooks.Open "C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Records\Records current2.xls" End Sub It runs fine on my Windows98/Office 2000 Desktop PC (with some minor difference in path string) BUT...... on a WindowsXP/Office97 Laptop, for some strange reason, the file opens, without executing the workbook open() event in This Workbook. The procedure that won't work can be as simple as : Sheets ("Tax Invoice Records").Select The workbook does op...

How do I get the Text to display in the tool bar buttons in Outloo
Hi there, I was wondering if any one could tell me how I can get the text to be displayed in the tool bar buttons in Outlook 2007. What I mean is so that rather then just displaying the little picture on the button it also has text telling you what the button does. Say I want to go to Outlook Today, then I see the tool bar button for Outlook today and I click on the little picture, but what I want is the text next to the little picture that also says Outlook Today, or, Send/Receive (for the Send/Receive Button) or New (for the New Email Button) e.c.t. Also can someone tell me how...

How to remove a button ?
The case is that when i press a button, i want to paste an image on the screen. however, the mfc button still on the top of the screen, can be removed. how to solve this? thank you Hi you can hide a button using ShowWindow(button_window_handle, SW_HIDE) Regards, Elias "kenneth" <kenneth@netxis.com.hk> wrote in message news:%23h%23s8iHRDHA.2476@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > The case is that when i press a button, > i want to paste an image on the screen. > however, the mfc button still on the top of the screen, can be removed. > > how to solve this? thank you &g...

Moving buttons on a chart
I have set up some macros with buttons on a chart to hide or display certain series on the chart. With too many series visible on the chart it gets messy so I hide some if need be. Now the problem is that I have 6 buttons nicely aligned next to each other at the top of the chart, but each time I click on one it moves fractionally (something to do with the chart redrawing I guess), but eventually all the buttons are out of alignment and overlapping etc. How can I stop the buttons moving aroung. I have selected "Do not size with chart" as a button property Any ideas? Mark - You can ...