quick way to combine 2 files?

If  you have two excel files, both of which have 3 or 4 worksheets
that are all used in lookup routines etc etc, is there an easy way to
combine the two into a single file, as I think it won't work just by
copying and pasting individual worksheets over in their entirety

tks in advance
LeeH

Lee,

With both workbooks open, group the sheets of one workbook (using Ctrl
clicks on the tabs) then right click and select Move or Copy and then
move them into the other workbook.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Lee Harris web" <lee.harris4@virgin.net> wrote in message
> If  you have two excel files, both of which have 3 or 4 worksheets
> that are all used in lookup routines etc etc, is there an easy way
> combine the two into a single file, as I think it won't work just by
> copying and pasting individual worksheets over in their entirety
>
> tks in advance
> LeeH

0
Bernie

Function names from addins stored in XL files
I am fighting with names of functions stored in addins. In xls and xlsx files in most cases the name of the addin file (xla or xlax) is not displayed if the addin is installed. Saving as .xml files allows one to see the full names of the addins. I have seen cases where the usual name is used similar to 'C:\Program files\the addin dir\theaddin'!theaddin.xla but in some other cases the 8+3 version of the directory is used 'C:\PROGRA~1\the addin dir\theaddin'!theaddin.xla It is really that strange, the initial part of the directory is the short version, but for the subdirectories ...

SD card
For Win CE 5.0/6.0 I'm supposed to implement a feature as follows:- Store a "configuration file - like *.ini " in SD card and when system starts up, need to read that ini file and do several things like set a flag to turn some LED on/off, assign network adpater with IP settings, provide a URL to jump to etc., which our customer will cuztomize at their discretion based on how they want system to startup by default. How to go about doing this ?. Any tips will be really helpful regards, GS-ICN On Feb 1, 10:40=A0pm, "GS" <madan...@gmail.com> w...

How do I get Excel to open a previously saved file?
With Excel not opened, all of sudden when I try to open an existing Excel file, it only opens a blank workbook. I then have to repeat the action of opening the file from the blank workbook. I am not sure what has happened but I have always just been able to just click on the Excel file I want to open and it would automatically open Excel and the intended file. Please advise hi, check this....... Tools>options>general Tab... Make sure that Ignore other applications is unchecked. that's all i can think of Regards FSt1 "Jeff S" wrote: > With Excel not opened, all of ...

how to open a file use its full directory in access 2003
i know how to active an exe file by Shell() function, but if i want to open the file has the directory like "c:\my document\001.jpg ", which function should i use, i try shell() too, but it does not work, and tell me the argument is wrong. would you please tell me how to open the file excepte the exe file, thanks any help wil be appreciate Shell works for an executable. To start a document with whatever program program is registered to handle it, use FollowHyperlink. If you prefer an API call, use ShellExecute: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm To get FollowH...

sharing workbook #2
i have a sheet, which i want to share it with others. i want others t append data to it on a continuos basis and all that data should b saved. can somebody "teach " me how to go about it? for eg: i want to record login and logout time by employees in a x sheet. this login and logout time would be entered by the employee themselves, against their names that is in a column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Running two files simultaneously....
Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have one for personal use and one for business use, but am always having to close out of one and open the other. I'd love to be able to have a window for each open at the same time in order to view information.....MS Money 2001 Simultaneously? No. "william" <turnerinsurance@epride.net> wrote in message news:4c5a01c490f1$37b36bc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have > one for personal use and one for business use, but am > always having to close out of one and open t...

creating a file of particular extension
dear friends, i am using ms access 2003, vb6. i want to create a file of extension ".gms" . how can i do this? also after creating it, i want to run it with default viewer application( default opening application for that particular type extension). how can i do this? thanq There's nothing magic about file extensions: you can use whatever you want. To associate your extension with a specific application, see what Randy Birch has at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/reg/association.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "r...

Better way to make a downpayment on an unreceived purchase order
So far, I know of two ways to make a downpayment on an unreceived purchase order. The first is to receive, either partially or in full, the order in order to 'create' an invoice. The other way is to create a manual check & apply it once the order is received and invoiced. Neither of these is ideal. Both options leave a poor audit/paper trail. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

DirectShow MPEG-2
I'm trying to play various files that I've converted to different formats. I've tried three different formats. Two of the videos play, but with no sound. One video won't play because RealPlayer SP says it has to download update and then it can't because "Microsoft DirectShow compatible MPEG-2 decoding software isn't installed". I have wasted a great deal of time trying to find what I need and can't. When I found one site and tried to download it said I didn't need it because I have SP3. I have windows xp home edition 2002, sp3. I want to...

Entering Numbers with 2 Decimal Places
Hi, I've been using Excel for years, yet this is my first time on this newsgroup. When reconciling my checkbook, I can set my 10-key calculator to 2 decimal places, so that whenever I enter a number, it automatically converts it to dollars and cents. Is there a way to do this in Excel so that I don't have to hit the "." ? Thanks, Bruce Choose Tools>Options On the Edit tab, add a check mark to Fixed Decimals Set the number of places to 2 Click OK Bruce wrote: > Hi, > > I've been using Excel for years, yet this is my first time on this > newsgroup....

ughh.... Office 2004 sp2 (11.2) update error
Let me start this out by saying I'm a PC engineer, I do not do Macs, but my wife had a G4 and we just upgraded it. I know I'm not the only one getting this error as I've seen it listed about a dozen times, but the only people that I see with a solution have external hard drives. I've loaded Office 2004 with SP2 Version 11.2 (050714). I've tried auto update as well as downloading. and I keep getting the #$%#@ error "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this install to det...

run an excel file remotely
Hi all i got an excel application that generates reports from underlying pivot tables. the reports are generated using excel 2003. but most of the clients donot have licenses for 2003 and some of the features of 2003 cannot be used when the file is opened from the client system. for example GETPIVOTDATA is not very flexible as it was in 2003 version. So is it possible to run the excel application from the server without being copied to the client system. This also helps in maintaing single version of the excel file rather than multiple versions on each client system. Thanks in adva...

In CRM 3.0 is there a way to Hide the Sales or Maketing or Service
I want to be able to control users access to different sections of CRM. So I want Jane Smith to see Sales and Marketing, and Scott Riley to only see Sales and Service. Doing by team would also work. I was able to create custom Roles and control entiy access but I don't see a way of controlling section access. Mike Sections only appear if the user has access to one of the items within that section. Unfortunately, there are some shared objects across the sections (like Account/Contact) that prevent them from disappearing totally. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hotwheels...

From new Publisher to old #2
Hi. I have constructed a document in Publisher XP, and I am now sitting at a computer with Publisher 2000. And I need the document now. Is there anyway that I online can convert the document. I realise I should have converted at the computer with the newer Publisher, and I though I did - but I must have forgotten. Is there any way I can get around my stupid mistake, or will I HAVE to pay? I will convert it for you. Send it to gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com It is very possible you will lose formatting and if images are involved, the file may increase quite a bit. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

2 Servers
We have a new Windows Server 2008 as a Domain controller. We also have the existing Server with Windows Server 2003. We are thinking of using the older Windows Server 2003 as a Mail Server running Exchange Server 2007. How should we configure the Server runing Exchange SErver 2007: (a) as a Domain Controller (Backup Domain Controller) (b) as a Member Server Your response will be appreciated. Regards, Guido it doesn't matter.. if you will only run the mail server on it.. or you can create a virtual server and run only the mail server on it as well.. easier ...

Smart List export to Excel #2
Hi, We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003. When we try to do a Smart List export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object errors will change each time we try an export. As a workaround, I've found that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete successfully. However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export is processing. Does anyone...

About Gif files
Hi, i need information regarding to how to emedded gif files in a dll. so that, that dll work as a library of gif files. How can i do that? Thanks in advance regards, koti Read this about creating a resource only dll. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_Create_a_Resource.2d.Only_DLL.asp Then you can import you gif files by bring up the new resource dialog from resource view, and select import. Once you select the gif file the program will ask you what type it is. Type in GIF. And you are set. AliR. "Ram" &l...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2
Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only prints 1024. How can I print all? Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. Use a smaller font. Widen the column width lengthen the row height. Curious wrote: > > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only > prints 1024. How can I print all? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Thanks, but none of your suggestions work. I'm using Excel 2003 by the way. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. &g...

Font problem #2
I'm using the free trial download of Publisher & at work I use Publisher 2003. Regardless of which one, the font is changing whenever I type a ' or press the spacebar. I'm using Helvetica, and Times New Roman is the default. The toolbar shows Helvetica, but these characters switch the font to TNR. I've searched the help menu which has been useless. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks! ...

Open file(2) from file(1) and then close file(1)
I need to open a file(2) when I open file(1) and then close file(1) File(1) name can change so I need variables. sequence will be Open File(1) Open File(2)... I do it by the following macro: Public LaunchFile As String 'in this public variable I want to keep file(1) name Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lDir, lFile, lFileMtr As String lDir = Sheets("launch").Range("B2") & "\" 'direction of my file to open lFile = Sheets("launch").Range("B3") & ".xls" 'file name to openm lFi...

OWA error message #2
I got "440 Login Timeout" when open OWA. Without SSL, it's OK. I am using Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Please help, Thank you inadcance. Lisa Have you installed the OWA hotfix and Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831464 This may help as well.... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_esdk_arch_webdav_security.asp Bob "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043a01c48fb9$4689e360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I got "440 Login Timeout" when open OWA. Without SSL, > it's OK. ...

Backing Up Files
I have just finished a back-up of my files as of June 30th, It took 5 DVD's to complete using the "Back Up Program" on my Vista Home Premium, 32 bit start menu. Does this sound reasonable? If it became necessary to restore my files following a hard disc problem, would all my spreadsheets, letters, programs, registry, desk top, etc. be restored to the condition they are now? If not, what would likely be lost? As you see, I am not very knowledgeable concerning computer details. Thanks for any help you can offer. Gene L. On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:03:55 -0400, &qu...

Can this VBA for work on text files be modified for a different job ?
I have been using the code below (which, from memory, came from the M-Soft site before I hashed it about) successfully to open 2 text files, appending the whole of one file to the end of the other, then deleting the source file. Now a new task is to; - update all text files in a specified folder by appending a new record. This is to be a daily routine, and there should end up being about 800 to 1000 text files to be updated. - The information for the record that is appended to each file comes from a single text file each day (source file). - The first column of this 'source file' ho...

recovering pst file from documents and settings\Admin
Several computer techs have been unable to get my system out of a safe mode loop. I have made that HD a slave. I have recovered all the data by my outlook file (pst). The Documents and setting etc directory and access to files are protected by the Administrator sceutiry. I really neet to recover my Outlook mail file. How can I do it? Please giv eme a Christmas present by telling me how. Merry Christmas to ALL Are you the administrator? If so then you need to point your emai profile to use this .pst as your data file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Publisher v 2.0
I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open them with Publisher 2003 etc? You should be able to open them... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081001c4e5f5$c7f92a40$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would > like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open > them with Publisher 2003 etc? >-----Original Message----- >...