Question on Formats...

This ought to be quite simple to answer.

Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox?

On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2
= Steve, A3 = Claire etc.

I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names
when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case,
black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and
green for example?

I have tried modifying the original names but that makes
no difference. If I right click the combobox and select
<Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data
entries.

Maybe you can't do it. And I want to avoid writing a
whole load of VBA to do it as keeping the size of this
Excel file down to a minimum is essential this time
around.

Thanks for any insights...

Alex
0
anonymous (74722)

hi
yes is is possible. on the toolbox menu, click design then
right click the combobox. click properties. click on font
then the small gray box. the edit font box will pop up.

0
anonymous (74722)

Formatting Problem #2
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets. All but one of them are used to track different company projects, one is used for summary: various counts and sums. On the summary sheets, the individual project are separated by two blank rows. The summary data was formatted with borders. I need to remove the borders, which is easy to do. The problem is that when all the borders are removed, vertical "lines" remain that span many rows, between several columns. Removed gridlines, with no effect. These are not drawn objects. Does anyone have an idea how to remove this? Thanks Dudley Could th...

Leopard Upgrade -> File Format Not Valid -> every file is corrupted??? = I am up the creek
Hoping someone has an idea on this one. I recently upgraded a clients small network (4 comps) to OS X 10.5 The machines were a mix of 10.3 and 10.2 machines. I cloned all machines to ext hard drives and did an erase and install of Leopard on each. While there were certainly a few issues around the upgrade, mostly everything went fine...then the client tried to open his excel files, consisting of client databases and other essential information. No bueno. The excel files were stripped of their extensions at some point and finder calls them "unix executable files." Excel will not...

Finding templates and formats
Can you please tell me, where can I find a template or the format of a resignation letter? With much appreciation. Come on Mary...let's see you find a template for this poster :-D DavidF "mandm" <mandm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:724ADDB2-F04E-4AA7-AD35-59BD7CF9ECE7@microsoft.com... > Can you please tell me, where can I find a template or the format of a > resignation letter? With much appreciation. Here's an idea, http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/deadkennedys/takethisjobandshoveit.html -- Ron "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com>...

Inline Jpgs and more questions
A few questions: 1. How do you view jpg attachments inline? Similar to Outlook Express. 2. After upgrading to Outlook 2002 from 2000, you cannot even select all, then hit enter to view all in an external viewer. Why does it seem we went backwards? 3. Even the Progress Bar for sending and receiving email is more accurate in Outlook Express. In outlook, it appears it just takes the number of enclosures and divides by that number (immaterial of their size), where OE truly shows progress on the bytes. Very helpfull when using dialup. Why does it seem the free email package is bette...

Number Format #14
Is there a way I can format a number so that significant 0's and a letter are conditional? I currently use: ?0"g" ?0"s" ?0"c" - which formats like so: 100000 = 10g 00s 00c 100010 = 10g 00s 10c 1000 = 0g 10s 00c What I wish to have is a code that formats like so: 101010 = 10g 10s 10c 10000 = 10s 10 = 10c 100010 = 10g 10c Is this possible? -- LoganStallworth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LoganStallworth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27561 View this thre...

Time formatting issues
I am nearly finished working on my latest project, a data entry GUI in VBA (2003), and have run into difficulties dealing with time values. Brief project background: It is a simple data entry form which takes various bits of flight data and enters them onto a spreadsheet. The key entries I'm having trouble with are 'Time' values. Two fields are automatically populated with the appropriate 'Departure' and 'Arrival' times based on a 'ListIndex' run during initialization, which allows values for the 'Flight Numbers'. An 'If...Then' stat...

Brainstorming question
I have an XP box that is set up in an office as an incoming fax, it does not have Norton installed and it is not a server, XP Pro only. The incoming fax folder is shared. We also have a server 08 and each user has a login script that launches the shared fax folder. The users complain that occasionally the shared Fax folder stops responding when they access it from their desk - this is corrected by disconnecting and rebooting their machine. Any ideas on how to fix this non responsive issue or can I run a task that will copy and move the faxes as they come in to the serve...

conditional formatting?
I have two columns....some of the cells in Column A differ from the cells in column B...how do I hilight the cells in column A that are different from the ones in column B? thanks! Jo Either CF/ Cell Value Is/ not equal to/ =B1 Or CF/ Formula Is/ =A1<>B1 -- David Biddulph "Joann" <Joann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FF801B4-6011-4132-942C-94892781C20C@microsoft.com... >I have two columns....some of the cells in Column A differ from the cells >in > column B...how do I hilight the cells in column A that are different from...

ISBN #'s starting w/ "0" are deleted, how to format so "0" stays put
Hello, I need to know how to format a list of cells that contain ISBN #'s so that when an ISBN starting with a "0" the zero stays. I am working w/ Excel 97. I have tried to format the cell to "Text" but then the zeros are deleted. What I am doing is copying and pasting from another spreadsheet. So, the ISBN looks like this at first: 0-889658-27-8 Then I say "Replace "-" with nothing. So then I get: 889658278 So, what I want is: 0889658278 Got me? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I suggest formatting the cells as text *prior* to pa...

scanpst.exe questions
Hi, After much hunting, I found scanpst.exe, which I'm told will help me overcome mailbox correuption problem. When I run it, I'm told that .pst that I'm trying to fix does not exisit specifically - despite the fact that when I look at it's details, this 'non-existant" file has 34, 444 bytes in it. Has anyone seen this type of helpful behavior beore and do you have any suggestions about how to out wit it? It all depends on how corrupt the mailbox is, but I've seen situations where putting a null character in the first byte of the file allowed scanpst t...

date format #32
i have a sheet where in some cells the date are in ddmmyy format along with text & in some cells mmddyy format along with text. is there any command to change all in mmddyy format On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 03:40:03 -0700, "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have a sheet where in some cells the date are in ddmmyy format along with >text & in some cells mmddyy format along with text. > >is there any command to change all in mmddyy format You need to describe more precisely exactly what is in the cells, and how one can tell the difference betwee...

Excel default date format
1) The default date format for Excel is "21-Mar" when I enter date recognized data. This is unusable for me, I need the year displayed. How do I change the default date format to display the year. 2) With default also, Excel sometimes requires "=" in equations and sometimes not; i.e., if I enter a '-' it converts the cell to an equation. How do i stop this so that it only makes equations when I enter '='. 3) How do I get help on Excel inconsistancies like the above in Excel documentation anywhere? mjk #1. If I type in the date that includes the ye...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

Question about right click in a CTreeControl!
Hello! Having problems about right clicking on an item in a tree control. The item that is clicked on is not the right one. If I have three items in a tree. Here is my problem. I click on the first item with normal click. I click on the third item with the right click mouse. In this event I had a messagebox telling me which item is selected, and this one comes out with the first item no mather what. I also tried to get into the OnSelchangedItemfieldtree function - but with no luck. How can I right click on the third one and get its name out of it? Does anyone know? -- - Lars I guess u...

Outlook question to challange all you MVP's out there.
I am slowly migrating my users from a single Exchange 2000 box, to a cluster Exchange 2003 server. I have 155 gas stations all over the east coast that have pc's in them with email. My problem is that all the stores are not on my corporate domain. What happens when I launch outlook is it prompts me for the username, password, and domain. Once I enter it in, it logs in fine, and there are no issues. The odd part about this is that on my "old" Exchange 2000 box, it doesn't prompt the user. It just logs them in since their username and password in the store are the same as...

May I post here questions about SQL queries against Excel via ODBC?
and if not, can you recommend of a relevant forum? For example, I'm desperately looking for an answer to the question: How can I retrieve the row number of a record in a query? Somethin like: select x.*,rownum() from sheet1$ as x Thanks in advance, Noam ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try posting in the Security Forum, under SQL Server Security, that's where most people go when they have questions about SQL. ...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

Link chart format to a cell
I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special cell. For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) and for another value red bars? Please anyone? On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, vito <vito@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to create a chart that changes format depending on value in a special >For exemple a bar chart that for one value have blue bars (the whole chart) >and for another value red bars? You can't, it's not possible in Excel. But you can have two series, one which...

6000 -> 6K. Possible with number formats?
Hi all, Is it possible to set a number format code in cell in such a way that, when say, 6,500 is typed, then 6.5K will be shown? Thanks for your advice in advance. Frederick Chow Hong Kong Format the cell as #,##0.0,K -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Frederick Chow" <PleaseRemoveThishkmusc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eo4iZS59GHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Is it possible to set a number format code in cell in such a way that, when > say, 6,500 is typed, then 6.5K will be shown?...

Unusual formatting question
Hi bit of an odd question here.. I have a list of URL's that are currently in an Excel file. The URL' are listed in one column with one on each row, so for example: link1.ac.uk link2.ac.uk link3.ac.uk link4.ac.uk link5.ac.uk What I need to do is merge all of these links into one long line an add a plus sign between them. In the above example this would mean: link1.ac.uk+link2.ac.uk+link3.ac.uk+link4.ac.uk+link5.ac.uk Is there a way of getting Excel (or any other programme) to take th original list and reformat it as above? I have several clusters of links that need to be refo...

Date Format Problems
Is there anyway to make excel change the numbers I type in to the appropriate date? If I type 112603, how can I get the cell to display 11/26/03. I have tried formatting the cell, but it just doesn't seem to come out right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Jennifer Only through VBA. See Chip Pearson's website. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Gord Dibben XL2002 On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:06:01 -0800, "Jennifer W" <icecream3@earthlink.net> wrote: >Is there anyway to make excel change the numbers I type in to the appropriate date?...

database question #2
Creating a database in excel for mailing labels. Fieldnames: Title (Mr. & Mrs.), Fname (John), Lname (Jones), Add, City, etc. Is there a way to handle married people who want to be addressed as: Ms. Sally Smith and Mr. John Doe Is there an alternative field to be set up? Can't figure it out unless it's just a code field and then a manual change. Thanks if there is an easy solution. A field is just a space to contain data, so you can put what you like i it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Problem formatting date values in chart...
I have a blood pressure tracking spreadsheet -- at a minimum, it tracks Systolic and Diastolic pressure for a given day. A B C E.g.: Date Systolic Diastolic 1 9/3/04 120 90 2 9/4/04 123 87 3 9/5/04 129 79 I currently have a simple line graph that shows systolic data points over diastolic data points. The left hand (Y axis) value is "Pressure". My problem is that I want the "date" values of Col. A to display at the bottom of the graph as a label with each corresponding data point and...

SOP Form Question
We have several customers that require we put a Department on their invoice. One customer has about 10 and the other one has about 50. I have create a Department field on the User Defined form and if click the hour glass you can see all 60 departments. My question: is there a way to setup an Xref somewhere that would filter the dropdown values that would be associated to each customer? The issue is that a user may inadvertently select a department that is not valid for that customer. I am trying to make this as much idiot proof as possible. Any suggestions would be welcomed. T...

sheet loses format
Hi all, I can't view correctly an excel file that seems like being good on any other pc. When I open it, all the rows bbecome so wide that all the sheet looks like empty. I can't resize the rows. every two or three pages there's a completely grey one. Please help me before I throw the pc out of the window... NB. Open the window first. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...