Question for Peo-Pivot table

Hello Peo:

Thanks for your reply, I have taken out the month as advised, but d
you might going a little slower.
When I right-clicked on my pivot table there is no 'select average
option there for me to click on, also when I right-clicked on the bil
day field in my pt and clicked on select group and show detail, then o
select group, I get the message "Cannot group that selection".
The PT is presently structured as: Bill Day in Row field, Analyst i
column field and Current Due in Data field.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Kem

Header Control Notification question
Hi, I created a class called CMyHeaderCtrl which subclass the CHeaderCtrl class. I wish to handle the HDN_TRACK notification message. So I added the following code: MyHeaderCtrl.h: afx_msg void OnTrack(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult); MyHeaderCtrl.cpp: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyHeaderCtrl, CHeaderCtrl) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CMyHeaderCtrl) //}}AFX_MSG_MAP ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(HDN_TRACK,OnTrack) END_MESSAGE_MAP() void CMyHeaderCtrl::OnTrack(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { AfxMessageBox("Track"); ... } The message is not shown when I try dragging the divider. However, if I change ON_N...

Heading rows repeat in word embedded excel table
I have embedded an excel table in word and I want to make the top row o the table appear on every page if the table spreads on to more pages. know how to do it in word, you use: Table>Heading Rows Repeat, but th tables column is missing when I selected the embedded table, what can do -- Turnipbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Turnipboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38151 ...

Excel Send to Question
I have Office XP and I would like to be able to send Excel documents by Outlook Express. But when I go into Internet Properties/Programs, the only email listed is Microsoft Outlook. Does anyone know how to add Outlook Express to the E-Mail Listing? Thanks. Anita Anita It should be listed, that's strange. Try opening Outlook Express and going to Tools - Options. On the General tab there should be a button to make OE the default. Hit that button and see if it does the trick. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Anita" ...

Pivot Table #24
Hi, Is there any way to store the pivot view at runtime and retrieve it back. ie., the user may drag and drop any fields in pivot and view the data as required for him. ( i need to store this view - template ). Next time when the same user sees to it, the default view should not be shown and the stored template is to be shown. how to store these as templates. Help Pls. Maybe you could protect the workbook so the other person can't save it. or just toss that old pivottable and rebuild it when you open the workbook. Record a macro when you do it manually--then name that macro Auto_...

HTML Table pasted to Excel
I have to copy a table out of a web page and paste into excel and then add formulas to the spreadsheet. When I try to sum a column of figures, I get a "0" result because the numbers have a "$" before the number and a space after the number. Is there any way to either sum them as they are, or remove the $ and space in all the cells? Example (each cell has a space after the last number): $300.00 $126.67 $269.17 $180.00 Hi One way, assuming your data is in column A, enter this formula in B1 =--MID(A1,2,len(a1)-1) Copy down the column Regards Roger Govie...

Wrap Text in Access Form Pivot table
I need to display lots of records from a query in a pivot table. I have created the table but 1 of the fields I have that contains the description can be off the screen it's so long. When you float over the description for the record it appears fully in the yellow floating box. Is there anyway however to change the pivot table view so that it wraps the text instead. I changed the description Can Grow format to Yes but his made no difference. Thanks ...

What tables are updated in PA when contract's status changes
Hello, Could someone let me know what tables are updated in Project Accounting when I change a contract’s status from “Open” to “Completed”. Is there a way also to to do a SQL trace for this purpose. -- Thank you, ...

Pivot tables
I would like to show % of a total on a subtotal field, e.g. 46/37269 = 0.7% - The calculation must be inside the Pivot table, because it get refreshed all the time with new rows of information. blue jacket 246 0.10% Jean 1952 0.82% Pants 5116 2.15% shirt 15918 6.68% Shorts 1115 0.47% skirt 7872 3.30% Tops 5050 2.12% blue Total 37269 15.64% camel Jean 821 0.34% Pants 507 0.21% shirt 993 0.42% skirt 697 0.29% camel Total 3018 1.27% You would need to add formulas to your pivot table, but why can't you just uncheck the other colours except the one you want the percentage for? I...

Entry Table not Showing
When I right click the top left cell (above row 1 and to the left of column 1) it displays a list of tables. Every table except the Entry table changes. Is there a bug or a setting I need to fix? Is is because you are already on the Table entry - which table is ticked? -- Regards, Ben. "Michael Jansen" wrote: > When I right click the top left cell (above row 1 and to the left of column > 1) it displays a list of tables. > > Every table except the Entry table changes. Is there a bug or a setting I > need to fix? When I click entry, it does ...

Serialize CString question
Hi, I want to serialize a CString in the document class. It works fine except that there are 2 strange characters at the beginning of the saved file. How can I get rid of it? Here is the code: void CMsgDoc::Serialize(CArchive& ar) { // CString m_sMsgs; if (ar.IsStoring()) { // TODO: add storing code here ar<<m_sMsgs; } else { // TODO: add loading code here ar>>m_sMsgs; } } Thanks in advance. xg Hello! On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:39:09 +0800, xg wrote: > Hi, I want to serialize a CString in the document class. It works fine > except that there are ...

Event 16387 Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up some tables.
Dear all, I'm having the following error with one of my CRM v3.0 deployment ----------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event Category: None Event ID: 16387 Date: 6/7/2006 Time: 10:17:20 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM1 Description: Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up some tables. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ---------------------------------------------- Got the following when I run the crmdeleteservice.exe command. C:\Program Files\Micros...

Newby Question #3
I am sure that you will tell me that this is not recommended, but I'm going to ask anyway... I have a single domain controller here that is running Win2k with Dual 2.4G processors and a Gig of memory. This server does not do hardly anything all day. It used as a file server only. It is supporting about 60 users. Can I install E2k3 on this server? What are the impacts? If I install a low end server to act as the front end off my DMZ, can I do OWA securely? OWA will only have to support about 5-6 people (which will most likely not all be at the same time). Thanks for any input. Jef...

Beginner Question Re Excel Format
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and XP. New at this. Have Copied to the PC's Clipboard a page of data from a financial program. How do I setup Excel, before doing a Paste of this data, such that Excel "knows" that I want the data to appear in csv format in Excel ? Or, do I (or must I) just Paste it as an Excel Workbook format, and then do a Save-As in the csv format ? Thanks, Bob Have your tried a simple copy & paste? What happens? Do you know about the Data | Text to Columns feature? Can you get the other program to send data to a text file? Sorry to answer a question wi...

Get Range to Lookup from a Lookup table
Does someone have an example of using one lookup table to provide the range for another lookup table? PS Is this not easier than my providing all the details of my situation, most of which are irrelevant to the question? One way: Given: Tables named table1, table2, etc. Cell named tableswitch. table1 is: J K 1 A table2 2 B table3 3 C table4 4 .... =VLOOKUP(A1, INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(tableswitch, table1, 2)), 2, FALSE) > PS Is this not easier than my providing all the details of my > situation, most of w...

CString question
CString ext = path.Right(3); s.Format(_T("length %d\n[FILE %s]\n"), tmpFile.GetLength (), (LPCTSTR)ext); When this line executes I wind up with a string value of "length 1110\n[FILE (null)]\n" If I reverse the parameter usage, I'll get the correct "[FILE GIF]\nlength 1110\n" Does anyone know why I can't use a string for the second optional parameter of Format? Thanks, Scott Since you haven't received any answer yet, I'll throw in my 2 cents. It's not that you cannot use a string for the second parameter (which you by the way don't n...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration question
Ok, so I have added my new exchange 2003 server to my organization and moved just about everyone to the new server from our antiquated Exchange 5.5 server. I now want to make the Exchange 2003 server the front end server and relegate the Exchange 5.5 server as a back end one until I am ready to retire it. Is there anything I need to do other than changing where the firewall points from the public IP address in order to accomplish this? I think you are using frontend / backend in the wrong context. Check what these things really do, and then rethink what you are trying to accomplish....

Pivot table #23
I have written the follwing codes to update the hidden items of two pivot tables. Any help would be appreciated in summarizing the code and reducing the run time. How can I then attach it to different combo on different sheet with much repetitive coding? Thanks. Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Sheets("Newton share Report").PivotTables ("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Date") On Error Resume Next .PivotItems("Sep").Visible = False .PivotItems("Oct").Visible = F...

Create XML From access, Fill SQL 2000 Table
Are there .NET commands to create a new table from an XML Schema. I want to create a program which converts an access table to SQL 2000 using XML. Regards ...

Offline Inventory Question
I have a question about transferring products from offline inventory to main inventory. When a product is selected in offline inventory for transfer back to main inventory, it looks like RMS automatically transfers the entire quantity of that item into main inventory. For example, if we have a quantity of 10 of Item A in offline inventory and we want to transfer Item A to main inventory, RMS forces us to send all 10 back to main inventory. I don't see any way to transfer only some of the offline inventory quantity back to main inventory (for example, to move 5 of Item A from offl...

Double Axix Charting off a pivot table
I have a chart pointing to a pivot table as its source. Is there any way for me to add a secondary axis with the pivot table being the source data? Thanks! George 1. Right-click on the series that you want to plot on the secondary axis. 2. Choose 'Format Data Series' 3. On the Axis tab, select 'Secondary Axis' 4. Click OK Note: If you refresh the chart, the formatting will be lost. You can record a macro as you apply the formatting, then run the macro after a refresh, to reapply the formatting. george wrote: > I have a chart pointing to a pivot table as its s...

Macro Question #12
Hello All, Could some please tell me how to write a macro that will past the data from cell 1A into cell C10 if C10 is blank and past the date in C11 if C10 is not blank. Thanks for any help sub XX() if cells(10,3)="" then cells(10,3)=cells(1,1) else cells (11,3)=cells(1,1) end sub >-----Original Message----- >Hello All, > >Could some please tell me how to write a macro that will >past the data from cell 1A into cell C10 if C10 is blank >and past the date in C11 if C10 is not blank. > > >Thanks for any help >. > Thanks for the reply >----...

How to create table styel property sheet
Hi, I want to create a table style property sheet that is simlar to an Microsoft Excel document. The first column of the table is the property name and the second column is the property value. The property value can be either a drop down list or an edit box. Could anyone give me any suggestion how to do it? Thanks in advance. S.C Take a look at the following links http://www.naughter.com/listoptions.html http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/propertylistctrl.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "S.C" <hello_abcd1960...

Unusual Y Axis Scale Question
I am trying to create what is referred to in the medical literature as a "reciprocal creatine curve." The data is rather simple -- just serum creatinine values (Y-axis) over time (X-axis), but the Y-axis scale is quite unusual. The scale is not linear and it's not logarithmic. It's a scale in which the values appear to constantly accelerate. Thus, the distance between 1 and 2 is greater than the distance between 2 and 3, the distance between 2 and 3 is greater than the distance between 3 and 4, etc. Toward the very top of the Y-axis the incremental distance between values be...

Mobile User Issue and Questions
We've been using Exchange 2k3 and Windows Mobile 5 devices provided by Verizon to connect our mobile users. We found that the Treo seems to be the most reliable devices but some users complain about the small keyboard. More importantly we have users who travel out side the country and want to be able to retrieve their email and stay in contact with the main office. Q1) What is the best solution for these users when they travel out of the country. I'm not apposed to changing provides if that is necessary. Q2) We've also considered blackberry but want to make sure we can sti...

Question: Relative CPU Usage of SUMIFS & SUMPRODUCT
I'm building an Excel model that will summarize data from a table (18,000 rows x 65 columns), and I want to minimize the number of calculations / CPU utilization. So my question is: Is it more efficient (CPU utilization) to use SUMIFS or SUMPRODUCT? Thanks, -- Matthew >Is it more efficient (CPU utilization) to use >SUMIFS or SUMPRODUCT? Use SUMIFS -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Matthew" <anonymousnews@gmail-dot.com> wrote in message news:028DA955-B4FF-4474-967D-FC64E1DF28AB@microsoft.com... > I'm building an Excel model that will summarize data fr...