Question about printing

For some reason my printer prints three copies of everything in a specific
Excel spreadsheet.  I reduce the number in the print screen to one, but if I
close and reopen the file it returns to three. How can I set up one copy as
the default?
0
lesgold80 (3)

OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too.  But for future
reference this is an Access Forum.  Anyway, Go To Start | Printers and Faxes.
 Right click the printer that you are using go to Properties.  In the General
Tab Click on Printing Preferences.  Then click on Advanced.  There's an
option that says Copy Count.  Make sure that's at "1" not "3".  Hope this
helps.  Let me know OK?

Micah Chaney wrote:
> OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too.  But for future
> reference this is an Access Forum.

No its NOT. It's microsoft.public.EXCEL.misc.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

"Gordon" wrote:

> Micah Chaney wrote:
> > OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too.  But for future
> > reference this is an Access Forum.
>
> No its NOT. It's microsoft.public.EXCEL.misc.
>

> --
> Registered Linux User no 240308
> Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
> counting!)
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> to email me remove the obvious!

But a pretty good answer even if you got here by mistake <vbg>.

Micah Chaney wrote:

> Yeah I see that -- sorry.  I don't know how I ended up in your Forum.  My
> apologies.
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
> > Micah Chaney wrote:
> > > OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too.  But for future
> > > reference this is an Access Forum.
> >
> > No its NOT. It's microsoft.public.EXCEL.misc.
> >

> > --
> > Registered Linux User no 240308
> > Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
> > counting!)
> > gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> > to email me remove the obvious!

--

Dave Peterson
0

Lesgold

"Gordon" wrote:

> Micah Chaney wrote:
> > OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too.  But for future
> > reference this is an Access Forum.
>
> No its NOT. It's microsoft.public.EXCEL.misc.
>

> --
> Registered Linux User no 240308
> Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
> counting!)
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> to email me remove the obvious!

0
lesgold80 (3)
2/4/2005 3:17:03 AM
Well let's see and I'm sort of troubleshooting here.  You may want to ask
your network administrator.  You can also try File Menu | Page
Setup...Options | Advanced and check the copy count there.  How are you
printing?  From the File Menu?  Let me know...

"lesgold80" wrote:

> Did what you described and my Copy Count was set to 1, but in Excel it was
> still set to 3. Perhaps there is a way to set up a temporary default in
> Excel. I just don't know how to do it.
>
> Lesgold
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
> > Micah Chaney wrote:
> > > OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too.  But for future
> > > reference this is an Access Forum.
> >
> > No its NOT. It's microsoft.public.EXCEL.misc.
> >

> > --
> > Registered Linux User no 240308
> > Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
> > counting!)
> > gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> > to email me remove the obvious!

Catalog merge prints a '0' instead of my merged text
When using Publisher 2007 catalog merge with an excel data source, some of my merged fields print as 0 instead of the source text. My excel spreadsheet column(s) are formatted as 'text'. The merging problem seems to occur when I have numbers in the excel column, particularly if the excel cell contains somethink like '10" to 20". I have tried using the single quote in excel field to designate the entry as text with no success. Any ideas? It seems to me you can format the field as text without the quote. I advise folks that use zip codes that start with a zero to f...

Invisable lines that print
I am using the "ethernet shape" and pull the yellow diamonds to connect to my server shapes, it looks fine on the screen but when I print there is a line that prints at an angle from the servers connection point to the center of the "ethernet shape" What is causing this, it's driving me mad.... I can't find on option that says somthing like "show connector end location when printing" ??? Help "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F74820B5-67C0-4579-8C22-84674424C1ED@microsoft.com... >I am using the "...

Why does a graphic or print multiple times in the same document?
When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear multiple times in the same document. This could be many things- Temp files need cleaning A simple restart of cpu & printer A bad printer driver Check those first. "Carla" wrote: > When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear multiple > times in the same document. Carla wrote: || When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear || multiple times in the same document. Carla, check out the following kb article. This is actually a known bug that affects the e...

Tooltip question...
Hi all. I need to create a tooltip control and show it explicitly at certain position. A good example is Windows XP warning tooltip shown on login dialog when Caps Lock is on. This should be possible on any window(even if the target window belongs to another process) and even if the main window of my application is hidden(only tray icon is shown). I managed to get the window handle and position of target window by using system-wide hooks but had no success with tooltip. Is it possible at all or do i have to create my own top-level popup dialog that looks like tooltip? thanx. Asko. ...

Question for all you clever people....
Let me see if I can explain..... I have worksheet No 1 (called codes) with a list of numbers 1,2,3 etc though to 10. On worksheet I have a list of part number that is around 10,000 lines long. Each part number have a price ranging from �0 to �2000. From worksheet 1 I need a formula in worksheet 2 showing that if a price is between �0 and �29 I need the code number "1" inserted in column A. If a part has a price between �30 and �199 I need a code of "2" inserting..........and so on down the 10,000 line spreadsheet. Please help ;-) Hope this is clear. TiA Mag()() ...

Serialized items sales question
Is there any way to prevent the sale of serialized items when a customer is not associated with the invoice? ...

CRM email template question
I need to create a email template in HTML format. I put the html commands in the email the message shows up with the html commands in the body. The only editing the template will let you do is font color and size. Where are the email templates stored on the CRM server so that I may edit them there? I need to send out an email with images and links and stuff like that. Thanks for your help. You need to cut and paste the html. "billy dodson" <billy@pmicromart.com> wrote in message news:1d8de01c423c6$15f1c740$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to create a email template...

Sorting while protected
This is a repost. I got the Subject line wrong. Sorry for any confusion. We are working in Excel OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model Precision WorkStation T5400 Microsoft Excel version 11.8320.8221 (Excel 2003 of Office Professional Edition 2003) We are trying to sort and filter protected cells. In the Protect dialog, we have currently highlighted Select locked cells, Select unlocked cells, Sort, and Use AutoFilter before protecting the sheet. Of course, we have tried many things to make it work. The problem is, Auto...

button question: two different commands?
Is it at all possible to use the same button for two different commands. I want to make a subform visible and invisible with the same button. Private Sub cmdButton_Click() frmSubform.Visible = Not frmSubform.Visible End Sub "scubadiver" <scubadiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C32613D-07DE-4DB2-AB9E-6ECF4CE21F00@microsoft.com... > > Is it at all possible to use the same button for two different commands. I > want to make a subform visible and invisible with the same button. > > Inserted it where? "scubadiver" <scu...

Easy formula question -sum of 1 cell to end
Thanks for looking . How do you format a formula to display the sum of, let's say A1 to "however far down the spreadsheet goes" without having to name an ending cell? This sheet has no end and I need to display the total in a column that keeps growing. I hope I phrased this correctly. Hi Edward You could do it this way =SUM(A:A), that will cover the full column. HTH John "Edward" <222@333.com> wrote in message news:erIdCRRkJHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Thanks for looking . > How do you format a formula to display the sum of, let's say ...

how do i stop the gridlines from moving when I print
When I print a table in Excel or Access the lines / gridlines shift a little each line until they cover the data. How do I stop this? Kevin Strange though it sounds, I would suspect your video drivers, try turning down the resolution/number of colours and test, if it is ok, seek a new driver -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD115CCA-2C8F-481C-AFE8-0C1BA26241A3@microsoft.com... > When I print a table in Excel or Access the lines / gridl...

SUMIF question #3
Hi, I have a workbook with column A formatted as dates, and column B containing numbers. I would like to know how to get excel to tell me how much the sum of the numbers would be for a given time frame. So, for instance, if I wanted to know the sum of the numbers in column B that have year 2006 in column A, etc. There must be a way to do this, but I'm stumped. Also, can the criteria in the date be narrowed to give me a sum of just, say, a given month within a given year? Thanks in advance, Jim Try this: With Dates in A1:A30 Amounts in B1:B30 Here are 2 variations of the same formu...

Auto Printing of attachments
Hi If a mail lands in my inbox can I auto-print an attachment if it has one? I know how to auto-print the email body itself through the Rules wizard but I want to actually print the attachment only. I've got M$ Outlook 2003 Cheers John There's an addin here that may help: http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Auto-Print.asp "John Wright" <vacuum_forming@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23kQb%237WkHHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > If a mail lands in my inbox can I auto-print an attachment if it has one? > > I know how to auto-print t...

repeat question....still looking for an answer
how are people handling the situation of no salesperson ID being transferred over from CRM to Great Plains on the customer card? Also how are people handling the situation of no tax schedule ID available in CRM? I'm told that my customer class ID in GP will have to be set up with a default tax id - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Without a salesperson ID or a tax schedule ID it creates a lot more work for my accounting dept. they will have to go into every card in GP and add in the correct tax id and then they have to go to crm to find out who owns the account, go back to GP and ...

I want to print my own money !!!!
What do I need ? On 23 Jan 2005 00:06:36 -0800, pain_wheels@hotmail.com (Dan Simper) wrote: >What do I need ? A number of years to spend in jail. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

print playlist cd label
I burned a CD, and now want to print label for that same CD - Is this an option for media player 9 Tom www.allcdcovers.com "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95EDA92C-4BE5-4736-9D41-9D6CB718E621@microsoft.com... > I burned a CD, and now want to print label for that same CD - Is this an > option for media player 9 > > Tom On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:21:01 -0800, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I burned a CD, and now want to print label for that same CD - Is this an >option for media player 9 C...

Newbie question
Hello, Is there a data that uniquely identifies a CPU among all PCs? Can someone please tell me what is it and how to get it using MFC or Win32 APIs. A sample code or any other reference will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Johnny" <safsaf3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06e401c36976$350a7100$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a data that uniquely identifies a CPU among all > PCs? Can someone please tell me what is it and how to get > it using MFC or Win32 APIs. > > A sample code or any other reference will be greatly > appreciated. I...

Print workbook macro w/o first sheets....
I need to print a workbook with a variable number of worksheets. However, I don't need the first 3 worksheets of the book. It also needs to be collated. I need to create a macro or VB loop to make it automatic from a command button. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Josh ...

question driving me nuts
Okay...I never thought I would ever have to use excel again. Lo and behold, I am now the owner of a business and have forgotten how to do some things. I know how to create formaulas for adding and stuff. I forgot how to make my calculatons so that my deposit would be broken down. For example say I have 5 of each dollar denomination (1,2,5,10,20,50,100) and coin (1,5,10,25,50,$1). My deposit has to be 790 (5 of each denomination-150). What I want my sheet to do is tell me how much of each denomination I should pull out in terms of numbers instead of dollar amount. For exaple instead of ...

Can one have an extra margin gutter, for binding a document print.
I need to print Excel documents (landscape A4) on both sides of the paper, and bind them along the long edge. Thus I need an extra margin gutter along the top of odd pages, and along the bottom of even pages. (It's wasteful to put the extra margin on both top and bottom of every page...) Using Excel 2002 SP1. Hi Dave, AFAIK, Excel provides no options for true duplex printing. Headers/footers, margins, etc. are only geared for single-sided printing. You might want to consider using Word for that purpose. You have more page layout options that may give you what you want. Use Word...

formating multiple worksheet via print preview
I have a multiple worksheet workbook that I need to change several features about all the worksheets (page orientation, fit to 1 page, etc.). How can I do this formating and have it apply to all the worksheets selected in the group rather than having to do it to each worksheet separately? Thanks in advance. Roger Roger Group the worksheets you want to change. Change the relevant settings on one of them and it will be reflected in the others. Don't forget to ungroup the sheets afterwards. Andy. "Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

SUMIFS question
I am trying to use sumifs to gather information if one of two tests are true. I would like to be able to make a purchase apear as executed if Employee 1 (Column N) or Employee 2 (Column O) has selected Executed from a multiple option list on a form I am exporting to Excel. I have tried using the OR function, but it won't sum a logical function, just give me true or false. I know how to do this if I create an extra hidden line in the table, but I would prefer to not have to do that. If I were to ask excel to make this calculation I would say to it "Add the price/cost of all...

Basic INDEX() question
I am trying to use INDEX() to look up specific cells on my worksheets. To accomplish this I have a range named p1rn1 that refers to $C$3:$AE$22 I want to refer to hex T3. What is the formula? =INDEX(p1rn1,?,?) Thanks Do you mean =INDEX(p1rn1,1,18) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote in message news:yuednaC-sYaPngPeRVn-jA@comcast.com... > I am trying to use INDEX() to look up specific cells on my worksheets. To > accomplish this I have a range named p1rn1 that ref...

Print A Report to an IP Address
Is there a way to print a report to a specific IP Address? I am using Access 2003. Thanks. -- M. Shipp Hello M. M. Shipp wrote: > Is there a way to print a report to a specific IP Address? > I am using Access 2003. Thanks. I don't think so. Althouh a printing device can be attached to the network and be accessed using an ip address, for printing, you will need a printer (a piece of software on your computer) that enables your applications to send documents to the printing device using an appropriate printer driver. -- Regards, Wolfgang ...

can't see/print select text in cell
I am a fairly advanced user of Excel and have 2000. I entered 21 lines (2130 characters) of text in a cell and applied Wrap Text to the cell. All but one of the lines is wrapping within the cell. Anyone ever seen this happen before? Sherri Excel allows 32,767 characters in a cell but will show or print only 1024(see Help>Specifications). One workaround is to spread a few ALT + ENTER's at spots. This will increase the amount shown. Don't know how far this will go. Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:28:58 -0700, "Sherri" <s...