query will not write to excel

I have set up a query to a Foxpro .dbf file in a database from excel. When I
tell Excel to import the data it it appears to be working but never seems to
return the data. Running the same query via msquery.exe returns the data with
no problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem is ?
0
Klutzz (4)

i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify?
i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Is this just when over the cells ? Does it work on the title bar - windows options Or on the Excel menus ? Steve On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:21:01 +0100, j <j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot= e: > i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Unless the right-click button is frozen, I'm sure you can use the mouse right-click in Excel Just hit the right-click button. Now...........................the real issue What are you right-clicking on and what doesn't happen for you? Does the right-click no...

Letter Writing Assistant
I would like to see that the Letter Writing Assissant can generate collection letters in originating currency. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=538a7156-3297...

import hyperterminal value into excel
How do I import a hyperterminal value into an excel cell? ...

Excel Function to Access
I would like this excel function =IF(A4=A5,C5-C4,C5) to be utilized a a function in a query in MS Access where the fields that supposed t be in column A are the primary key fields and the next fields whic are in column C, are to be calculated in.The answers to this functio are to go into a new field.....Any help please? : Primary key, by definition, means no duplicates. How would A4 ever equal A5? -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "CJT" <chico_2186@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:Wa-dnQuiOcaYskDfRVn_vQ@giganews.com... &g...

Is it possible to have 2 excel version in one computer?
hi everyone i just installed a 2003 version office... i liked the new features but when i wanted to open an excel file that has been created by 2002 version excel, i was shocked that i can't open the file successfully. When i opened and enabled the built in macros in the file, an error message popped out and said that the data may have been lost. After I have closed the error message, i checked the file. the data is still in the worksheet but all the words, format, buttons, and other information have all disappeared. However, if I open it in another version other than 2003, the file work...

Free MS Excel/Access Video Tutorials and Articles
Hey All, There are a whole bunch of free articles and video tutorials at http://www.davidbase.com. There's no cost to sign up and there are lots of articles and videos to check out. Some of the topics are Access VBA, Excel, Database Design, Reporting, Union Queries and more. Some recent articles: Access Parameter Queries Union Queries Excel VBA Random Numbers Relationships and Joins � and plenty more. Sign up (it's free) right on the home page and see if it suits you. Thanks, AppTrix Staff http://www.davidbase.com ...

Excel Formulae #3
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Excel -- Wrapped text disappears
A user here is having the same problem as described in a previous topic (http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/b32b50c3e69981d/dc8adb6c01616d70%23dc8adb6c01616d70). Windows XP Pro, SP2 Office 2003 Pro, SP2 New machine with plenty of resources. Was originally working properly, then mysteriously developed a strange symptom: Any text that is in an Excel cell in which the "wrap text" option has been selected no longer shows up. I have checked it with 1 character, 1 word, and multiple lines of text. It has been repeated with spreadsheets created on...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault #3
Whenever I start EXCEL 2000 I get the following msg. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 018f:3001de79. Registers: EAX=900a0154 CS=018f EIP=3001de79 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00100000 SS=0197 ESP=0062eb5c EBP=0062ebf0 ECX=0000c630 DS=0197 ESI=50020044 FS=0ebf EDX=30021a90 ES=0197 EDI=300378d4 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 0f bf 04 c5 aa df 01 30 89 45 dc 8d 45 e4 50 e8 Stack dump: 50020044 006b76e4 006b7608 006b7608 0062ebf0 006b7608 006b76e4 006b7608 0062eb54 3001dcc3 00000000 bff728a2 bff54f53 1294bb9c ad4c17af 12990002 I had reinstalled and repaired several times but it does n...

Bug in excel 2003
Hi, I'm trying to get an equation of a table of data. When I enter the data, make a graph of it, I get a nice sinus-kind-of-line. Therefor I would like to have fourth order equation. The line of data looks very good (125 data points). Then I add a trendline (4th order) that looks like a very nice fit. But when I set the properties of the trendline to "show equation in graph" the a wrong equation is displayed. After a lot of fiddling with data, I noticed that the shown equation has wrong contstands showing. E.g.: The shown eqaution = A + B*X + C*X^2 + D*X^3 + E*X^4 In fact ...

where can I find a nurse staffing templatew for excel 2000
I need an excel template for excel 2000 that would allow me to staff nurses Try the Office Template Gallery. http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:00 -0700, klif_e <klife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need an excel template for excel 2000 that would allow me to staff nurses ...

Excel 2007 Back-up copies
How do I stop Excel from creating a "back-up" copy everytime I "save" a document? It only does this when I "Save" not when I "save as". My folders are quickly filling up with back-ups. This just started happening after I upgraded to Windows 7. -- Hawaiianshirt Does that happen for all workbooks or a specific one. Open the workbook>from Save AS dialog>Tools>General Options> check whether 'Always create backup' is enabled or not? If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Hawaiianshirt...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

excel passwords #2
I need to know how to set up a password and change a password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA Use workbook/sheet protection. Select tools menu>protection. There you can select the type of protection you want and include a password Regards, F.I. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to set up a password and change a >password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA >. > ...

Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell it gets deselected
While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 seconds, that particular cell gets deselected followed by the workbook. So each time I need to click either the cell or workbook to enter data in that particular sheet. There could be event code that is being fired. Does this happen if you open the workbook with macros disabled? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "towinwin" <towinwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7B87AFB-27AC-4235-9AE3-5E7A46310AF8@microsoft.com... > While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 se...

Reading Registry Key through excel?
Is there anyway to read a certain registry key and display it in a cell how about a way to create a key through excel? is that possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rav, There is a special registry area for VBA which is read/written via GetSettinmg and SaveSetting functions. It is a bit restrictive, in that in can only writes to a limited part of the registry, but it's sufficient for storing application details. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ravz &g...

unmatched record query question
A while back, I had a corruption issue, and without me realizing it, the one- to-many relationship between related tables was deleted. Now, when I try to reset the relationships I get an error message that states that record(s) violate referential integrity rules. I suspect that one or more records in the parent table may have been deleted, but the related record(s) in the child table still exist. My tables are structured as follows: The parent table "Bid" has 2 primary key fields - ProjectID, BidID The child table "Item" has 4 primary key fields - ProjectID, BidID, Room...

money 2003 will not open
I am trying to install money 2003 on a dell 933 desktop. I can get every other program in the works programs to work, (encarta, word etc but not money - it keeps getting that error report message and then if I try to start it it still gives me the error report-i have unloaded and reloaded several times-I have run regclean, regvac system mechanic etc to no avail. pleas help gary the error signature is AppVer 11.0.0.716 ModName:kernel32.dll ModVer 5.1.2600.2180 Offset:0001eb33 I found the answer to my question - it was a registry problem that required me to run : regsvr32 c:\wind...

creating a macro that will paste a value and then move
Please, help! I am trying to recreate a macro that opens a workbook, goes to Sheet 1, pastes clipboard info into A1, then moves to B1, then saves and closes the file. I know how to make the file automatic and how to get it to open and close (Auto_Open), but I cannot remember how to get the macro to move from cell to cell (left-to right). What happens is that when I do a recorded macro and then try to rerun it; it will paste into A1 and then will tab over to B1. Then upon the next time that I call up the spreadsheet, it will even paste to B1, but will not move further from that spot. I then...

excel find problems
I have a database in excel with 4 sheets. When I want to conduct a search, it only searches the active sheet. Therefore I have to select each sepearte sheet and carry out 4 individual searches. Is there any way to search all sheets at once? If there is not, I am aware I can create a user form and use the approproate syntax to conduct my required search. However this will take me a long time. If there is an easier apprach then please let me know. Regards camron What version of excel? How are you searching? In later versions of Excel, you can select multiple sheets and have Edit|Fin...

Excell won't open
I have produced a series of spreadsheets this morning. (Excel 2003) on my laptop. Have been saving them on a shared network folder. I have come to open them again and all I get is a the excel background with no worksheet. They all opened fine earlier this morning. Every other machine on the network can open the spreadsheets (from this location) just fine. I can open other spreadsheets from that same folder that I produced on other days. If I copy this morning's spreadsheets to my laptop, they still won't open. In all other aspects Excel works fine. If I save a new workshee...

Dynamic Font Size in queries
I have an Access (2002) application heavily dependent on query output. I've been looking for ways to change fontface, size, and color on-the-fly but can't find anything. I know that there are ways to automatically apply such choices on a NEW query, but I can't find a way to do it on old queries. I have hundreds of queries and I want to give the user (many users) a choice of the look and feel of the query output. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Paul Queries aren't designed for presentation; forms are. I would be surprised to find a way to do that but, in re...

Exporting Query
Dear all, I have a query set up and I export the results into a CSV file using DoCmd.TransferText. Sometimes this query returns no records. In that case I don't want to export the CSV. I can think of a couple of ways to do this: 1) Create a recordset object on the query, check if there are any records and if so go ahead and export. However, this means running the query twice (once to check recordcount and once to export) which is not efficient. 2) Change the query into a make-table query, use OpenQuery, export the resulting table if rowcount is not 0 and then dele...

Basing a report on an updated cross-tab query
I have a cross-tab query based on a table that I need to update daily. (The main fields are totals by date.) I have a report based on that query that I need to run daily following the table update. I get an error message as soon as a new date appears in the table and query. The report seems to keep the dates hard-coded. What can I do to remedy this situation? Lotharia - The only thing I know is you can do a SELECT * in your second query. If you list fieldnames, then as the crosstab changes, you have to manually change the second query. -- Daryl S "Lothar...

Mailing labels with Excel
Can I use Excel to print mailing labels? If so, how. Please help, my boss is ready to strangle me. "=?Utf-8?B?d3poNTU=?=" <wzh55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9BC76531-F377-47AF-A0D6-B753297A7A90@microsoft.com: > Can I use Excel to print mailing labels? If so, how. Please help, my > boss is ready to strangle me. > Use Excel as a database for labels in Word. That would be the quickest solution, I suppose. -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) Use excel to hold your data and MSWord to print the labels. You ...