Query in Excell

I would like to create bolean statements in one or more of
the columns that result from a query.  Basically,
I want to test a column for a factor and return a
simple 'true' or 'false'.  Using this I, hopefully, will
eliminate the need to pass the data to Excel and perform
the function there.
0
bbradley1 (1)

How can i change the default line weight in an excel chart
I select a heavier line weight for a Pivotchart graph so it is easier to see, however every time i change something on the graph from the drop down box the line weight goes back to it default (lighter) weight. ...

Export from Oracle into Excel, "Open" is not an option in XP
In a nutshell: New computer running XP Professional, I was using W2K to export data from Oracle, and into Excel. The previous options to get it into Excel was to click on either "Open", or "Save" from the dialogue box. I'd select "Open", and a resultant list of apps would allow me to select Excel as the place to export to, and would subsequently populate a new Excel sheet with the exported data. Nice. Now. . .with XP, the options presented do not include the option to "Open", (only "Save" or "Cancel" appear). I can save and th...

converting PDF to Excel Sheet?
Hello, I would like to convert a PDF to Excel using a simple linux command line tool. Anyone know if that is possible? The tool coul also be a windows tool, but I am looking for a tool that is completel automated, with no user intevention. The reason is that I have a program that downloads PDFs every hour o so, and I would like to convert that pdf to an excel sheet so i coul grab data off it easily. Or maybe, does anyone know of an easier way to grab tables informatio off PDFS? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Take a look at PDF and Excel http://www.mvps...

Moving spreadsheet rows with photos Problems in Excel 2007
I have an inventory worksheet in Excel 2002. There is a photo in one cell in each row that needs to move with the row. I formatted each photo to move and size with cell, and had no problems. Have just had to change to Excel 2007. I can move the row by cut and insert cut cells, and the photo moves with it. BUT the problem comes with the rows above the cut cells - the photos move down into the blank row left by the cut row when moving to another sheet- so the photos left are not with their original rows and descriptions. I have looked at all the options that I can find (steep learning...

Word 2000 with Excel 2003
Greetings from humid Southeast Texas. A friend of mine (who is not incredibly computer literate) has Word 2000 installed on her machine. Yesterday she went out to buy Excel, and she bought Excel 2003. If she installs this version of Excel will it affect the current Word 2000 installation? Thanks, Andrew No, it shouldn't. On 25 Sep 2004 14:34:28 -0700, noshoesdrew@yahoo.com (Andrew C. - Houston, Tx, USA) wrote: >Greetings from humid Southeast Texas. > >A friend of mine (who is not incredibly computer literate) has Word >2000 installed on her machine. Yesterday she went o...

Problems With Excel Spreadsheet
Hello, I am having problems with an Excel 2000 spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is very large, and when I leave the spreadsheet open for about 10 minutes, 12 of the rows, accross the page of the spreadsheet will collapse or overlap. I will close the spreadsheet, making no changes and reopen the spreadsheet and the spreadsheet look normal. What could be causing the collapse or overlapping of the rows? Thank You Video driver up to date? Check the manufacurers web site for more current version. Possible the system is attempting to start the screen saver and failing? tompenn wrote: > Hell...

cannot open excel file
I go to open an excel spreadsheet that was working perfectly fine on Friday (it is now Monday), and I get the following error message (regardless of Macro settings): "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I did a search of all "*.log" files on my computer, and the only one modified at the same time as the error is drwtsn32.log. Here's the entry I get from the log file: "Application exception occurred: App: (pid=624) When: 6/6/2005 @ 10:28:51.290 ...

MFC based client server application query?
Hi experts I have developed an client server application using MFC sockets support. The server is a dialog based application & the client is an SDI application. I am having problem with sending data from client to server. After starting the server application, i start the client and try to connect & send data to server using the following code. void CMainFrame::OnConnect() { CSimpleSDIsockclientApp *pApp = (CSimpleSDIsockclientApp*)AfxGetApp(); int res = pApp->ClientSocket.Create(40000); if(res) { MessageBox("Client Socket at port no. 40000 Successf...

Convert datatype using query
I have create a query which combines two tables; ASSETS and UNITINFO. The UNITINFO table is linked from another database and the ASSETS table has a field that looks up a field called UNIT # from the UNITINFO table. Both fields are called UNIT # but the datatype on the UNITINFO table is set to Text and the UNIT # field on the ASSETS table is set to Number since it is a lookup field. I cannot change the datatype on the UNITINFO table to Number as the field contains both numbers and text. So when I ran my query that I created to pull data from both tables it gave me an error bec...

how do I make Excel default to General number format?
I have installed Excel 97 but the General cell format insists on formatting as the number format with two decimal places. Is the number you enter already a two decimal number? General removes any type of formating, and represents the contens as WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet "rjmo" wrote: > I have installed Excel 97 but the General cell format insists on formatting > as the number format with two decimal places. You may have accidentally changed the "Normal" Style. Go to Format | Style... and make sure "General" is applied to the "Normal" style. ...

How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box?
How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box? There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Roy White wrote: > How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Access Deleting a Query SQL
Hi all, I am working with a multiple parameter search query. The form I am using to conduct the search displays the results in a subform. I have gone through and really combed through the SQL to make sure there are no blatant spelling errors or incorrect references within the code. Anyways when I open the form that it is attached to, I keep getting the boxes described in this website http://allenbrowne.com/bug-13.html .. The form is open, and I even changed names of fields in the table in case SQL was choosing to be picky about what I named my fields. Is there anything else that would cau...

Excel Opening with Review Page 1940410 of 1940411
Am using Excel 2000 and OS (x64) Vista Home Premium with 4gb RAM. More times than not when I attempt to start Excel it defaults to a page with banner containing the above heading, Ready in the top left corner and a number of 'columns/ panels' on the right side of the page. The ONLY actions that are possible are page resizing and closing. As stated, not consistent, say 4 time out of 6. Suggestions please. John ...

excel and publisher
I am experiencing some troubles when printing cell borders from an excel worksheet, pasted in a publisher document. Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem? Are you applying the cell borders in Excel? What happens when you print? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "IMMA" <IMMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:423ADEA3-2815-4DD5-8917-3CB5174F89D3@microsoft.com... >I am experiencing some troubles when printing cell borders from an excel > worksheet, pasted in a publisher documen...

why won't excel allow me to add more data to a chart?
For some of my data I skip days for collecting it so I use the shift key to click on the days I do want in the chart. I have been doing this for awhile but now that I'm obtaining more points it has simply stopped letting me add data points. When I click on the one where it stops collecting it erases all of the others I have clicked and makes a stop noise. I need to add more data so why won't it let me?? Hi, There is a finite limit on the length of the series formula, ~1024 characters. So this example is for a series with 3 data points in cells A2:B4. =SERIES(,Sheet...

Copy data between 2 instances of Excel
Hello, I have 2 windows of Excel with data. The data are separated (not in one workbook). I would like to copy the data from one Excel to another via VBA or Macro. How can I do that ? Thanks If you look at the Object Model you'll see that Workbook is a collection. Any open workbook should be part of that collection. So, if you only have these 2 books open you should be able to switch from workbook(1) to workbook(20, using the sheets collection, and the cells collection, ranges, etc to grab the data from one book and copy or move this to the other. E.g. Workbooks(1).Sheets("...

Can't open excel or word documents (says insert sm bus cd?)
I have been running Windows XP for over a year without a problem, but now I can not open any of my Excel or Word or Outlook documents because it says that I need to insert my small business cd. I don't have that cd. This has happened once before and I just used my system restore function and it was fine, but that won't even work this time. HELP!! ~~Angela @ angela27@iglide.net ...

Unique records in Excel
Hi does anyone know how to ensure Unique data when making entries in an Excel spreadsheet ? Say Part Numbers or account numbers etc Thanks :confused: -- gilsondg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gilsondg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15878 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273641 There's a method using Data Validation and COUNTIF. Debra Dalgleish's website has an example of how to set this up: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html HTH Jason Atla...

How do extract cells from hundreds of excel files and put in one n
I need to extract expense totals from employee expense reports and put in to one file for import then in to the payroll system fo reimbursement. Lots of unanswered, but needed information with this question. Generally this can be done relatively easily, with a big "IF" - and that IF is whether all of the files you'd be examining (the employee expense reports) have the same format, content and layout. Get in touch with me via email through (remove spaces) Help From @ jlatham site.com and we can gather some more information and probably have a solution in your han...

Automatic Disable of Autoformat in Excel without selecting range of cells
Hi, Please help on how to automatically disable autoformat in excel without specifying the range of cells that do not need formatting. Thanks. Do you want Excel to stop copying the formatting from rows above? If so, you can do the following: 1. Choose Tools>Options. 2. On the Edit tab, remove the check mark from 'Extend list formats and formulas' 3. Click OK Iris wrote: > Hi, > > Please help on how to automatically disable autoformat in > excel without specifying the range of cells that do not > need formatting. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips...

update links in Word from Excel
Dear experts, I have many, many Word documents where some fileds are linked to cells on an Excel worksheet. Unfortunately I need to change the path of the Excel worksheet and just realized that all links will break!!!! Is there an easy way to replace the path of the Excel worksheet in the Word documents without having to do it manually (4/5 links per document.... 200 documents...) Many thanks in advance for your precious help. Kind regards, Valeria Hi Valeria, Check out my Field Link Updater, at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=250058&st=20&p=...

Excel hangs at Spalsh screen
I am running Office Xp-sp3 on Windows XP pro.I updated Norton Anti virus Corporte edition version 8 to 9 and my problem started ,excel freezes at the splash screen.All other office products works fine.cntl Al del will not work to close excel.I can start excel in safe mode,but cannot change addins and if I attempt to do it hangs forever.But I can close excel,once closed it says "please wait windows is configuring Micosoft office xp" and asks for the pro.msi from the installation package.Later on I disabled Norton auto protection.Excel opens normally.But when I restart same pro...

Ms
I've been struggling with this for some time now and hope that I'm missing something simple. Is it possible to switch the source of a table in MS-Query. The situation. I've created large excel data tapes (150+ fields) which are populated from a SQL Server view via MS-Query. My company has decided to move these views onto a different server. The view I will be using will be the exact same only coming from a different location. Is there an easy way to modify the source of data in MS-Query without rebuilding the entire thing? Please tell me yes. ;) Any help will greatly be ...

Conditional import of Excel sheets
Hi, maybe someone can help me with the following: on a weekly basis I need to import 3 Excel files into an existing empty table (I run a delete query on this table before the import). The Excel files are stored in the same folder every week. Each file has a field showing [Current Year/Week No]. The three files show the current week for this year, previous year and the year before the previous year. How can you instruct MS Access (2003) to look up this field and to import only the approrpiate files (i.e. the files that refer to the reporting week)? I do have a calender function from which the u...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Is there a way to get the "Y" labels to show up on the right end of the chart, rather then the left? Craig Hi, The Crosses property set to xlMaximim should do it, '--------- With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory) .Crosses = xlMaximum .TickLabelSpacing = 1 .TickMarkSpacing = 1 .AxisBetweenCategories = True .ReversePlotOrder = False End With '--------- Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:ebo9l.546$PE4.416@nlpi061.n...