query destination field

How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query being sent to cell A4 but need it to go to cell A1.

I tried the "edit query" option but with no luck

0
anonymous (74722)

albert

I think you can just delete Rows 1:3 and it will adjust accordingly.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"albert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data
from the query being sent to cell A4 but need it to go to cell A1.

> I tried the "edit query" option but with no luck.

0
dickk (89)
5/28/2004 12:59:19 PM
Select the sheet that contains the query results
Click the dropdown arrow in the Name box, to the left of the Formula bar
Select the query range, e.g. Query_from_MS_Access
Drag the selected range so the top left cell is in A4

albert wrote:
> How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query being sent to cell A4 but need it to go to cell A1.
>
> I tried the "edit query" option but with no luck.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/28/2004 1:02:34 PM
Correction:
Drag the selected range so the top left cell is in A1

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
> Select the sheet that contains the query results
> Click the dropdown arrow in the Name box, to the left of the Formula bar
> Select the query range, e.g. Query_from_MS_Access
> Drag the selected range so the top left cell is in A4
>
> albert wrote:
>
>> How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the
>> data from the query being sent to cell A4 but need it to go to cell A1.
>> I tried the "edit query" option but with no luck.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

modify fields
Hi - just started using CRM and have several questions. 1. How do I modify the COUNTRY field? I want a user to be able to type in the name of the country and return and display the 2-letter country abbreviation? Do I have to build a new table for that or can I modify the country field as it is now? 2. How do I apply or change field rules such as case- convert, etc. for either existing fields or fields I create? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. Cheers Ruthie I think the existing country field is a simple text field. You cannot out any logic behind these fields. One op...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Restrickting from field
Hi, When you create new email, you can click option and tick FROM field. It will be add FROM field and you can use address book to pick up any name. Are their any options or policy to restrict this function? Thanks Using Exchange server? This should not be possible by default - someone has changed the permissions. What version of Exchange? Follow the KB 262054 to see where permissions might be set - and remove groups that shouldn't be there. wschoi wrote: > Hi, > > When you create new email, you can click option and tick > FROM field. > > It will be add FROM f...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

Removing the : in the coment field
When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know this is meant for the user name to appear but I don't want that. In fact, I don't want the colon to appear. Currently I manually delete it from each comment I insert...is there a way to turn that feature off so I merely type in text without having that colon appear?...I am using Excel 2000 Thanks! Kathy You can use programming to insert comments with no user name. There is sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Kathy wrote: > When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...

Extracting a word from a long text field
I have a text field (up to 200 characters) and I need to extract a specific word. The text field name is "MEDICATIONS" and the word I need to extract which might appear anywhere in the field is 'VENOFER'. The word need to be entered in a separate field in a query. Could any one help as to how to enter the code in the query? Thanking you Leo In the criteria I entered Like "VENOFER" Or "Venofer" It seems to work. Will it cause any problems down the line? In other wrods is this an acceptable procedure? "Leo" wrote: >...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Hi Veera, ...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...

Enabling the "From" field in OWA
I've set up a mail-enabled public folder so a customer service group can receive e-mail and respond to it. Most of them have Outlook 2003 and they work just fine. A few of them are using OWA only (2000 right now, 2003 soon) and I can't figure out how to get the "From" box to show so they can "Send As" the folder? Is there a way to do this in OWA2000? Is there a way to do this in OWA2003? Thanks for any help! --Colin See http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefromOWA.shtml "Colin" <IDoNotWantToBeSpammed@foo.bar> wrote in message news:epQDe.5434...

Printing a Purchase Order to Multiple Destinations
Is it possible to print a PO to a text file on the local machine or network in addition to the local default printer? -- Pete P. It is possible to print a text file to any single location you want in addition to the local default printer. Our system currently prompts users requesting this information. Giving them their choice of 3 formats: Screen Printer File These can be selected in any combination but only one destination per format can be specified. I am hoping that this thread will explain how/if one could deliver one printed report to multiple printers. Eventually I would lik...

copying fields in backend
Hi Access Group. Can somebody help me with my problem. Scenarium: I have an Access backend, only with tables ;-). These tables are updated with data written from a program which is not developed in Access. I have no forms in the backend in which I can call dules or Subcodes. What I need is that when the table "tbl_prod" has been updated with new data, then the text value of field "tbl_prod.Article" is to be copied into the emty field "tbl_prod.Barcode" of the updated record. Is it possible to made this copy only in the table field setting, or can it be done ...

Look up in "Send To" field...
How do you enable the "Send To" field to do automatic lookup in your contacts? One of our employees says his home version of Outlook (outlook 2000) will not display the selection box when you enter a name that has mutliple contacts. I can;t be bothered looking into this non-work related issue because it works fine here. Thanks, brad ...

In Word 2007, I want to enable tabbing between fields in my .docm
In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to support tabbing from one field to another in my Word form? What kind of "fields" did you insert? If they're form fields from the Legacy Controls button, you have to turn off Design Mode and then protect the document for forms. Either click the Protect Document button and go through the Restrict Formatting pain/pane, or add the Lock command to your Quick Access Toolbar. If they're content controls (the other buttons in the Controls group), tabbing between controls other than a Rich Text control w...

Insert query with two left outer joins gives "Record is Deleted" m
Hi, I have built an insert query to combine data from 3 tables into one table based on a key value (RA_ID) on a form. Two of the from tables may or may not have data associated with the main from table. So I have coded the select from statement using left outer joins. When I run the query with a row in the first child table but not in the second it works fine but when I run the query with a key value that exists in the 2nd child table but not in the first I get a message saying "record is deleted". Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? Here is the query......... ...

Postpone subform query in tabbed control
I have a form containing a tabbed control. One tab in the tab control contains a subform loaded from a query. As I understand it, every time I page from row to row on the main form, the query in the subform runs. I dont want the query to run until the tab is accessed. If I happen to be on the tab, I do want it to run. Hope this makes sensnse. Is this possible? ...

Using Option Buttons to Modify a Query
I have a form with a subform that uses a Query as its 'Source Object'. On the form there are 6 Option Buttons that I would like to use to modify the Query Criteria. Each button would have a unique value (A, C, E, H, P, or X), the Query Criteria would be modified to use from 0 (no Criteria => all records) through 6 buttons (all Criteria => all records). I also have 6 other buttons that I would like to use to sort the query but if somebody can tell me how to do the above I may be able to figure it out on my own. Thanx Geoff Here a couple of ways -- SELECT EMP.EM...

Query Based on Time Rane and Date Range
How can I create a query that can searh for a time range Example between 6pm and 11pm base on a date ragnge example 6/1/09 - 9/1/09 I want the query to return everthing between 6pm and 11pm from June 1st to stepember 1st. Is this possible? Thanks Little Penny Hi Penny, SELECT fieldlist FROM [tablename] WHERE DateValue([date_field]) BETWEEN #6/1/2009# AND #9/1/2009# AND TimeValue([date_field]) BETWEEN #18:00# AND #23:00# Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.c...

Query-based dist: not reading from a particular field?
Hi I'm setting up some query-based distribution groups, but I can't seem to query the 'Title' field. I've set up this field such that it is only filled in for Team Leaders, Managers and Directors; thus, if I am trying to find senior members of staff, I query that the Title field is 'Present'. This returns nothing. The other fields (Office Location, Company, Department, etc) do return data, but if I add the title field to the query and specify that it must hold data, no results are matched. If I query (just to test) that the 'Title' field must be blank, ...